[PP-F1] Repent, Nepents! <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> (Benjamin B.) - COMPLETE!

Pinball charged the Nepent Variant once more, activating his Sword Art, Mighty Charge. The Variant had its sights on Benjamin, and it was reeling back for another attack. Pinball didn't let that happen. He collided with the monster, his spear sending a shockwave throughout the monster's core. The monster canceled its attack, and instead watched the players. Pinball took a step back. The Variant's health bar was practically nothing; a few red pixels away from its death. Pinball nodded to Benjamin. It wouldn't be long, now. Sadly, his freeze affect hadn't triggered, meaning it wouldn't be instantly dead in the next hit. Unless, that is, Benjamin managed to end it in a spectacular fashion, they would be here for a bit longer. Pinball sighed, placing his spear against his shoulder. He hoped they could wrap this quest up in the next kill. It would be very annoying to have to continue, after all they've been through. 

Spoiler

ID# 94686 

-Combat- 

BD: 7 (Hit!) MD: 3 (Miss) 

Pinball - Mighty Charge 

4*4= 16-5 = 11 DMG! 

-4 EN  

Nepent Variant misses.

- Enemies - 

{Nepent Variant} 2/15 HP / 10 DMG / 5 MIT 

- Players - 

{H:0} Pinball: 232/240 HP / 6/24 EN / 3 EVA 

{H:2} @Benjamin Bookworm: 50/60 HP / 2/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG 

Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben readied his next attack, ready to end this fight on a high note.  Eat this, Nepent! he shouted as he charged, rushing much too fast as he did and tripping right into the middle of the battlefield again.  Luckily he didn't wind up in the middle of the Nepent's reach again, but he was nowhere near in position to try and do damage.  Shoot... these woods are too full of roots to trip over.  We need to take the next quest in someplace flat and easy to move in.  Maybe with snacks nearby if we can find it. he joked, trying to shake off the frustration of the repeated misses they seemed to be plagued with today.  Stupid Nepent.

Spoiler

Combat

Roll ID 94787

BD 1 - miss

-Enemies-

Nepent Variant 2/15 hp / 10 dmg / 5 MIT

-Players-

[H:1] Pinball 232/240 HP - 6/24 EN - 3 EVA

[H:2] Benjamin 50/60 HP - 1/6 EN - 1 Acc

Pinball killed the Nepent Variant with his next Sword Art. It finished the job, and the Nepent Variant was no more. Pinball laughed. "Finally!" He checked the dropped items... and his heart sank. "Aw, what the hell?" The Ovule they had been hunting for so long was still not there. Pinball sighed, turning to Benjamin. "There has to be some kind of glitch or something," he complained, opening his menu to remove his cloak. He was about to call it a day. Something on his list of items caught his eye. Pinball did a double take, then, with a sheepish smile, he lifted his eyes from the screen. "So... Uhh, wanna hear something funny?" Pinball set his menu so that Benjamin could see it as well, and pointed at the item -- The Nepent's Ovule. He chuckled nervously. "Whoopsie?" Pinball took a few steps backward, pointing in the direction they had came. "We should, uhh... we should turn this quest in."

Combat:

Spoiler

Combat

Roll ID 94789

BD: 7 (Hit) MD: 7 (Hit) Dead

Pinball activates Mighty Charge 

4*4 = 16-5 = 11 DMG 

Nepent Variant is Dead. 

-Enemies-

Nepent Variant 0/15 hp / 10 dmg / 5 MIT

-Players-

[H:1] Pinball 232/240 HP - 2/24 EN - 3 EVA

[H:2] Benjamin 50/60 HP - 1/6 EN - 1 Acc

OOC Note: So, I kinda messed up. I thought that the LD roll was 18-20 for the Ovule, but I guess I had been thinking about Feeding the Enemy. Didn't know it was anything above 12. Whoops. Anyways, we had gotten the Ovule way back over here: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/15818-pp-f1-repent-nepents-benjamin-b/?do=findComment&comment=535602

Going to turn it in as normal. Sorry ;-;

Edited by Pinball

Ben rubbed his sore ribs, still bruised from the Nepent's last attack as his health bar began to slowly recover, and walked over to see what Pinball was indicating.  Once he looked at the menu, and realized what it meant, he began laughing at the absurdity of it.  We've been chasing these bosses for nothing the past few times?  That's... oh, that's good.  We really messed that up, didn't we?  Ha ha ha... and now I'm glad my ribs healed up fast or I'd be dying right now.  he said as he tried to compose himself.  Well, I suppose we should turn the quest in, right?  I'll follow you since you're the one who started the quest.  Lead the way back to... wherever it was.  This was actually kind of a blast- I usually don't get to do that much boss fighting otherwise.  Even if it was a bit longer than we actually needed it to be... 

After realizing something, Ben did one last look around the area they fought the last boss in.  Just in case...

Spoiler

Check for a treasure chest - ID 94823
Loot die  - 8, nothing

Pinball led him to the NPC, where they turned in their quest. They received a good amount of experience... But that was it. He was shocked, because he remembered the quest was supposed to also reward a sword. In terms of strength, it was supposed to be weaker than his spear - even weaker than the dagger he had given Benjamin, technically. They must have removed it - either way, it wasn't as if it was that important of an item. He would have ended up giving it to somebody without a decent weapon, anyways. "The Anneal Blade," he murmured to himself, scratching his nose. Perhaps in another reality, it was a powerful weapon, but here... It just didn't seem worth the time. "Ah, well," he shrugged, closing his menu. Turning to Benjamin, he smiled. "Quite a bit of experience, eh? We should do something like this again - it... It was pretty fun, yeah?" Pinball smiled, scratching his neck and lowering his gaze to the ground. "Well. I guess this is it, huh?" Pinball offered his hand for a fist bump. "Check ya later, nerd," he laughed, walking away. As he walked he opened his menu, sending Benjamin a friend request. He closed the screen with a flick of his finger. He didn't bother to check to see if he accepted; he had the feeling he would be seeing Benjamin again soon regardless. Raising his hand in a farewell, Pinball left the forest.

*Note: Summary will be written after you post. 

Edited by Pinball

Yea, it was a blast.  Next time I'm doing a big quest, I'll look you up. He said as he checked his stats.  The quest had finally given him the xp to buy the gathering skill, which would help a lot. There wasn't any items he cared about getting from the quest, just the xp (and hopefully a little col). 

He gave Pinball a wave as he left, shaking his head at another strange friend he had made.  The ping from his menu got his attention as a friend request came through from Pinball.  Ben accepted it, of course.  He would be glad to have a bunch of friends he could call when he finally found some of the bigger sub-dungeons.  Plus, it never hurt to have more players to give items to.  Even if it meant he was going to, as usu a l, always be short on crafting materials because of it.  

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm
Mentioned wrong quest rewards