[PP-F1] Repent, Nepents! <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> (Benjamin B.) - COMPLETE!

"Roger that!" The Nepent Variant was stunned, meaning Pinball gets a free shot at it. The Nepent tried to attack, but couldn't move. He activated Mighty Charge once more, his spear embedding itself in the Variant's soft body. He ripped it free. The paralysis effect wore off, only to be immediatly repraced by the "frozen" effect. The air took on a sudden chill, and the Nepent stopped moving. It wasn't quite dead yet, but the next hit it took would finish the job. The freeze effect, like paralysis, canceled an enemy's movement for that turn. The enemy also loses all of its Evasion, though the Nepent had none. However, when someone attacks and hits an opponent with freeze, the enemy takes damage. Judging by the Nepent's low health, it would be plenty to do the monster in. Pinball let out a breath, swung his spear over to his other hand, and stepped back. "Alright, you've got the honors. If It takes one more hit, Freeze will finish it off."  Pinball smiled, and stepped aside, giving the player room to be the one to finish it. 

Combat: 

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

ID# 93659

BD: 8 (Hit!) MD: 6 - 3 = 3 (Miss)   Stunned 

Nepent Variant is stunned! 

Pinball activates Mighty Charge. 

4x4= 16-5 = 11 Dmg! 

Nat. Roll of 8 = Freeze activated! (Next successful hit will deal (12 * tier) unmitigable damage, enemy's next turn is canceled.)

- 4 EN

- Enemies - 

{Nepent Variant} 3/15 HP / 10 DMG / 5 MIT  [Stun 0/1]  [Frozen 1/1]

- Players - 

{H:1} Pinball: 240/240 HP / 18/24 EN / 3 EVA 

{H:1} @Benjamin Bookworm: 60/60 HP / 1/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG 

Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben smiled as he saw PInball's strike hit home, freezing the enemy in place.  They were playing with it at this point.  Ben gripped his daggers tighter as he dove forward for another attack, aiming to take him down with just one more strike.
He struck home, doing no damage, but activating the freeze effect that Pinball had put on it.  The Nepent burst open is a frozen burst of pixels, falling over defeated. 

"Yea, took it down!  We got it!" he celebrated, pumping his fist in the air. "Now where is that item... Um, I don't think that one had it.  Does that mean that we have to take down another mob again?"  This was a bit disappointing, but that was what the odds were. 

"Well, I'm ready to try another mob if you are, as long as you don't mind me sticking to basic attacks for a bit."

Combat:

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

ID# 93663

Benjamin regains 1 EN

BD: 10 Critical Hit!

Benjamin uses a basic attack!

Benjamin deals 0 damage.

Freeze effect deals 12 unmitigatable damage

Nepent Variant is defeated!

- 1 EN

- Enemies - 

{Nepent Variant} 0/15 HP / 10 DMG / 5 MIT

- Players - 

{H:1} Pinball: 240/240 HP / 18/24 EN / 3 EVA 

{H:1} @Benjamin Bookworm: 60/60 HP / 1/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG 

Rolling for item drop:

Spoiler

Rolling for item drop: ID 93664

Loot die 3 - failure

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Pinball shrugged, and, with a sigh, started walking even deeper into the forest. The woods were filled with creatures like this, so It wouldn't be that hard to find others. "Don't stress it too much. I didn't expect to get it on the first try. Either way, the longer we fight, the more experience for us!" It didn't take long for the two to find other Nepents. Another group of four, and Pinball promptly activated Hellish Twice. His attack hit and killed two of the monsters, but the movement delay that occured after finishing a Sword Art left him vulnerable, and he was hit by the remaining two Nepents. He jumped back to Benjamin, and nodded. "You don't have to fight. You can stay back there and regenerate your energy, if you want." He didn't want to force him into anything, seeing as he could get hurt. "Your choice," he mumbled, quickly swiping open his menu... and realizing Hellish Twice was a bit overkill. He should be using Sonic Rush, a Sword Art that didn't have a multiplier for damage, but only cost 2 Energy per hit. Yes, he wouldn't be able to hit every one out with a single swipe, but the energy he saved would let him fight longer. He closed his menu, and got ready to jump back into the fight. 

Combat: 

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

PINBALL - Hellish Twice= 4x4= 16 AOE

- 8 EN 

{NEPENT 1} ID# 93665 BD: 5 (Miss!) MD: 9 (Target: Pinball, Crit+1) 

• Nepent 1 deals 4 DMG to Pinball. 

{NEPENT 2} ID# 93666 BD: 7 (Hit!) MD: 3 (Miss!) <<DEAD>>

• Pinball deals 16 DMG to Nepent 2. 

{NEPENT 3} ID# 93667 BD: 10 MD: 8-3=5 (Miss!) <<DEAD>>

• Pinball deals 24 DMG (Crit+2) to Nepent 3.

{NEPENT 4} ID# 93668 BD: 3 (Miss!) MD: 10 (Target: Pinball, Crit+2) 

• Nepent 4 deals 5 DMG to Pinball. 

- Enemies - 

{NEPENT 1} 7/7 HP / 3 DMG 

{NEPENT 2} 0/7 HP / 3 DMG 

[NEPENT 3} 0/7 HP / 3 DMG

{NEPENT 4} 7/7 HP / 3 DMG 

- Players - 

Pinball: 231/240 HP / 10/24 EN / 3 EVA /  4 DMG

@Benjamin Bookworm: 60/60 HP / 1/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG 

- Tracking Hate - 

Pinball: 

• Nepent 1: 0 
  • Nepent 4: 0 

Benjamin Bookworm: 

Edited by Pinball

Ben nodded.  It was a good decision, but he still wanted to move ahead to help out.  The experience would be very helpful in actually getting the SP he needed for more skills, and these minions were one they could breeze through.

It was a short walk to hit the next wave of of Nepents, and two of them managed to land hits against his friend.  Even if he could stay back, Ben wasn't going to.  He had enough energy to launch one last sword art, and charged in to use it. 

A clean hit! Ben's dagger bit into the side of the Nepent, dropping it's health bar, but not killing it.  Ben swallowed hard as it turned to him, ready to toss it's attack his way.  Still, if he could hit it with even one more basic attack, he would take it down. 

"All right Pinball, I got this one hurting!  Let's finish them off."

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

Benjamin - Round Accel 3 x 2 = 6

- 2 EN 

{NEPENT 1} ID# 93669 BD: 8 (Hit)

• Benjamin deals 6 DMG to Nepent 1

- Enemies - 

{NEPENT 1} 1/7 HP / 3 DMG 

- Players - 

Pinball: 231/240 HP / 10/24 EN / 3 EVA /  4 DMG

@Benjamin Bookworm: 60/60 HP / 0/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG 

- Tracking Hate - 

Pinball: 

Benjamin Bookworm: 

• Nepent 1: 1

Pinball activated Sonic Charge, an AOE Sword Art with a much less severe energy cost. It hit the first Nepent, but missed the fourth. The nepent that was hit died immediatly, saving Benjamin from having to deal with it later. Pinball grimaced as the Nepent reeled back for an attack, but the monster strangely did not attempt anything. Pinball nodded to Ben. "One more. Get a Sword Art in if you can; if not, just a basic attack. I'll finish it off the next turn, if I can." Pinball took a few steps back, clearing the way for his fellow player and party member. Either the Nepent died Pinball's next turn, or it dies the turn after that. Then, they would have to recover their energy before moving on to the variant. Pinball nodded to himself, deciding that it was a fair plan. "You won't get hit here, but If I miss this next attack, you might."

Combat: 

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

Pinball - Sonic Charge (AOE)  - 4 (Crit+2) = 6*1 = 6 DMG AOE

- 2 EN 

{NEPENT 1} ID# 93727  BD: 10 (Crit+2) MD: 6 <<DEAD>>

• Pinball deals 6 DMG to Nepent 1.

{NEPENT 4} ID# 93728 BD: 3 (Miss!) MD: 1 (Critical miss!) 

• Pinball misses. 
  • Nepent 4 attacks, misses. 

- Enemies - 

{NEPENT 1} 0/7 HP / 3 DMG 

- Players - 

Pinball: 231/240 HP / 8/24 EN / 3 EVA /  4 DMG

@Benjamin Bookworm: 60/60 HP / 0/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG 

- Tracking Hate - 

Pinball: 

Benjamin Bookworm: 

• Nepent 1: 1

Edited by Pinball

Ben was gasping for breath, his energy completely drained.  Still, he recovered quickly enough to keep going.  "OK... one hit coming up" he panted as his energy bar blipped up enough to strike at the enemy.  He stepped forward, moving towards the distracted enemy's flank as fast as he could muster to strike at him and bring this battle to a close. 

Hit aim was true, and he landed a blow as hard as he could, taking about half its health off!  Which, in turn caused the Nepent to turn his way and focus on him.  With hit energy once again depleted, he realized that he maybe should have just hung back.  Well, a hit or two wouldn't kill him... right? "Got the hit in, and got his attention!  It's your turn Pinball!  I don't think I'll be much more help in this fight with no energy"

Combat:

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

Benjamin -  Basic Attack

+ 1 EN from passive recovery

- 1 EN

{NEPENT 4} ID# 93744 - BD 8 + 1 = 9

• Benjamin hits with basic attack!
  • Benjamin deals 3 damage

- Enemies - 

{NEPENT 4} 4/7 HP / 3 DMG 

- Players - 

Pinball: 231/240 HP / 8/24 EN / 3 EVA /  4 DMG

- Tracking Hate - 

Pinball:

Benjamin Bookworm:

• Nepent 4: 1

Pinball nodded. "Coming right up!" Pinball rushed in, activating the Sword Art that would finish the monster off. It hit perfectly, and killed the Nepent instantly. As the monster shattered into pixels, Pinball let out a breath. "Jeepers, that was rough. We shouldn't try to fight the boss without recovering our energy, I think." Pinball jammed his spear into the ground, and took a seat in the grass, using a tree trunk as support. "Damn, hopefully we get the drop this next kill," he said, scratching his head. "I know they're supposed to be super rare, but I don't wanna be stuck out here all day, y'know? I hate it when quests are like this - like a grinding type thing." Pinball sighed, smiling. "Either way, I guess it's more experience for us, so I shouldn't complain too much. We'll get through it one way or the other." Pinball leaned back, getting comfortable. His energy would begin to recover soon. 

Combat: 

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

Pinball activates Sword Art - Heft 

4*2= 8 DMG 

- 2 EN 

{NEPENT 4} ID# 93747 - BD: 8 

• Pinball deals 8 DMG! 
  • Nepent 4 is <<DEAD>> 

- Enemies - 

{NEPENT 4} 0/7 HP / 3 DMG 

- Players - 

Pinball: 231/240 HP / 6/24 EN / 3 EVA /  4 DMG

- Tracking Hate - 

Pinball:

Benjamin Bookworm:

• Nepent 4: 1

Edited by Pinball

Ben nodded, trying to catch his breath.  He was getting a tired as well.  Definitely.  I wish I had something that could help increase the drop rate, but I haven't gotten enough points for the skill yet.  He crashed onto the soft grass to rest, glad for the break in the action as well.  It's especially bad since none of these things drop any loot when we kill them.  Heck, we can't even search around for materials between fights... Actually, do you think there's any treasure chests hidden in the forest?  I know they're all over, and it would be cool to find some extra loot from this. 

Ben then checked his HUD, making sure he hadn't taken any injuries that he didn't notice.  He wanted to be ready for the next fight, and hopefully push them to go faster as well.  He once again wished that he could make some damage potions or something to help out. 

Energy Recovery - 1/3

Pinball nodded. "You're right... there might just be..." Pinball looked around, standing, suddenly seriously intent on finding a treasure chest... but he saw nothing. "Hmm, I could've sworn.." Pinball shook his head. "I guess not. The forests are usually littered with them. They're definitely worth looking for, too." He sat back down, now thinking. "Maybe they don't appear in this forest? Since this is a designated questing area. Maybe the devs didn't want every party going through this quest to find a free chest." He shrugged. "I - I dunno. Maybe we'll find one on the way back.. I kinda wanna find one now." Pinball leaned back against the tree, closing his eyes as he waited to heal. "I should've brought searching items from my shop, now that I look back on it. Ah, well. Too late now, I guess." Pinball laughed to himself, finding great humor in his inability to think ahead. "So... how are you enjoying the game so far? Make any friends?

Searching...

Spoiler

ID# 93825 

LD: 4 (Failure) 

No treasure found... :c 

Energy Recovery: 1/3 

@Benjamin Bookworm

Edited by Pinball

Yea, I'm making a few friends. Though some have already retreated back to town and don't want to come back out.  I also found a few... special players to a quaint myself with.  Though I've found a lot of them too brash to deal with for too long at a time. Ben took a few seconds to catch his breath.  He had been hoping to have more energy by now, but his stun attack seemed to drain him fast.  

Mostly I've been fine with helping players on their way, and seeing where they go.  I had been trying to get a group together to gather materials, but that broke up quickly.  I should get another one going sooner or later... but I also have a bunch of quests to do.  Mostly I just want to get enough skills to get really good at searching for things so I can track down chests and sub-dungeons while material gathering.  I just need to find some fighting focused friends to team up with.  

Ben hesitated before asking Um, if you do have some more quests you want to tackle after this one, I would always be up for some more work...

Energy recovery - 2 / 3

"More quests, huh...?" Pinball took a second to think. He didn't really know about any other beginner quest he hadn't already done. "I don't really know." He hesitated as well, then continued with, "B-but if you have anything you want to do, send me a message after this. I'd be happy to accompany you with anything you need help with. Even if it's with those... other friends." A bit of venom dripping with those last words. It was an anger that Pinball himself couldn't even explain; after all, he had no idea who these people were. But there was something about the way Benjamin used the word brash that Pinball knew he wouldn't like them too much. "Eh, well," he muttered, scratching his neck, "we have to make it out of this quest before we plan on doing anything." Pinball cast a glance at his energy bar, which was slowly climbing. It would be full soon. 

EN Recovery: 2/3

Ben took in Pinball's reaction a bit.  Well, sure.  Honestly since I'm looking to be a healer, I'm mostly going to be tagging along with others on anything that isn't a search for materials, so I try to be open to lots of things.  I've actually helped someone else with their first beginner quest, just talking them through it as they did it.  Not much xp for it, but it felt good.  I just worry sometimes about how well the people I meet will survive out there.  That's why I want to be a healer- to keep one bad decision from being fatal for them. he spoke as he starred off a bit.  

I have been thinking of trying to catch a familiar soon- finding one that can assist me will be a boon when it comes to crafting.  I heard there are even some of them powerful enough to let you use two familiar skills at once, which would be fantastic. I really want a cute little (well, giant sized) caterpillar to keep me company when I'm by myself.  Is that... weird?

Energy recovery- 3/3, complete

Pinball laughed. "Not weird at all. I'm planning on hunting one of those rare ghost cats, myself. I need one to help me fight... I really like cats, too." He had only heard a handful of people talk about the rare cats, especially the ones of the shadow-y variety that Pinball was interested in. Taming it was going to be tough, but he would have his guild members to help him. "I'd be happy to come along, if you'd take me. Just give me a heads up." Pinball could respect Benjamin's decision to be a healer. There was a sore lack of them on the frontlines, after all. Pinball took a second to think... "There's only one other 'healer' I know of in this game. I remember my guild leader talking about her. Ruby, I think It was." Pinball shrugged. "There's a handful of skills you can pick up to fill the role of a healer. All of which would be useful, considering our current frontline situation." The fighters were stalling out, and unlocking floors has never been slower. Pinball stood, watching his energy once again restore itself to maximum capacity. "Well, I guess it's time to get a move on. You ready?

Energy Recovery: 3/3 

Edited by Pinball

That seems to be the way it goes in a lot of online games.  Everyone wants to charge forward, and nobody wants to job of dealing with healing spells and potions.  Honestly I like doing all the crafting and spreadsheets that are needed for that.  It's my kind of fun.

Um, but yes, I'm ready to head off against the boss again- I'm ready to go!

Ben moved on deeper into the forest, spotting another of the variants quickly.  It was hopefully going to be the one that finished this quest.  OK Pinball, do you want to take the first swing, then I'll try and stun it before it gets a chance to counterattack, in case you don't take it down with one hit?  This way I don't drain my whole energy bar and need to rest if it just takes a single attack to knock it out.  Does that sound like a plan?

The Nepent Variant was soon in sight. Pinball nodded to Benjamin, accepting his plan. "Sounds good to me." Pinball activated Mighty Charge, and rushed the Variant. This time, he didn't miss. The spear embedded itself in the Nepent's body with a sickening crunch. The Variant gave out a helpless squeal as it died, shattering and dissapearing. Pinball slammed his spear into the dirt with a satisfied thump, and checked to see if the Nepent's drop had appeared. "Damn it! Nothing!" Pinball lifted his spear, and waved to Benjamin. "Well, nothing we can do about it. Hurry, we need to find another Variant. It has to drop eventually." Pinball was a bit dissapointed nothing had dropped, even with his Cloak. There was nothing he could do about it, however, so there was no use complaining about it. "Let's get a move on." Pinball walked ever deeper into the forest, eager to fight the nepents once more so he could get to the boss as soon as possible. 

Combat: 

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

ID# 93831

BD: 9 (+1 Crit) 

Pinball activates Sword Art - Mighty Charge 

5(Crit+1)*4= 20 DMG 

Freeze Activated! ((Target's next action canceled; when hit, deals (12*tier) dmg)) 

- 4 EN 

{NEPENT VARIANT}  - BD: 8 MD: 5 - 3 = 2 <<DEAD>>

• Pinball deals 20-5 = 15 DMG! 
  • Nepent Variant is <<DEAD>> 

- Enemies - 

Nepent Variant: 0/15 HP / 5 MIT / 10 DMG  <<DEAD>>

- Players - 

{H:1} Pinball: 240/240 HP / 20/24 EN / 3 EVA /  4 DMG

{H:0} Benjamin Bookworm: 60/60 HP / 6/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG 

Looting: 

Spoiler

ID# 93832 

LD: 12+3= 15 (Fail Success!) 

Nepent's Ovule is not recovered. 

**Nepent's Ovule is recovered. 

Edited by Pinball

Ben had been running around the flank to try and stun the enemy, but with Pinball taking it out in one hit that didn't really matter.  Another dud of a loot drop.  This was going to take a while longer.

Well, that's a bummer.  I'll take the first swing at the next group then.  he said as he scouted ahead, ready to move onto the next group.  It took less than a minute before another group of the minions popped out, ready to fight.  Ben's first swing connected hard, smashing his way through the first enemy.  The rest of the Nepents turned to watch him as Ben backed away, keeping his guard up against their inevitable counterattack.  OK Pinball, your swing next! Let's take 'em down! Ben was getting excited about this- it wasn't the best thing to do, but he was feeling a rush of adrenaline from battling like this.

Combat:

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

Benjamin - uses Round Accel sword art

- 2 EN 

Roll - ID 93835 - (9 +1) = 10 Hit! (crit, +1 base damage)

Deals (3+1)*2 = 8 damage!

Nepent 1 is defeated!

- Enemies - 

{NEPENT 2} 7/7 HP / 3 DMG 

{NEPENT 3} 7/7 HP / 3 DMG 

- Players - 

Pinball: 240/240 HP / 20/24 EN / 3 EVA /  4 DMG

@Benjamin Bookworm: 60/60 HP / 4/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG 

- Tracking Hate - 

Pinball: 

Benjamin Bookworm: 

Pinball nodded, activating Sonic Charge. He needed to conserve his energy if he were to fight longer, and with so many monsters to be fought, it was very important Pinball was able to deal some damage. With a grind-y quest like this, there was going to be a lot of fighting in their future, unless they got lucky. Pinball let his Sword Art loose, but the attack only hit one of the monsters, and even then, it didn't do nearly enough damage to kill him. "Damn it!" Pinball hoped Benjamin would be able to pick off another one. If not, he would let his stronger AOE Sword Art attack, and hope he finished them off like that. "Sorry 'bout that, not my lucky day. You're up!" Pinball jumped back, spacing himself, anxiously gripping his spear, cautious of the Nepent that had managed to land a hit on him. It wasn't life threatening, of course, but one could never be too careful. 

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

Pinball activates Sonic Charge (AOE) 

- 2 EN 

- Combat - 

Nepent 2: 

ID# 93891 BD: 6 (Hit!) MD: 3 - 3 = 1 (Miss!) 

• Pinball hits for 4*1 = 4 Dmg!
  • Nepent 2 misses. 

Nepent 3: 

ID# 93892 BD: 5 (Miss!) MD: 10 (Crit +2) 

• Pinball misses. 
  • Nepent 3 attacks Pinball for 3+2 = 5 DMG 

Nepent 4 

ID# 93893 BD: 4 (Miss!) MD: 2 (Miss!) 

• Pinball misses. 
  • Nepent 4 misses. 

- Enemies - 

{NEPENT 2} 3/7 HP / 3 DMG 

- Players - 

Pinball: 240/240 HP / 18/24 EN / 3 EVA /  4 DMG

@Benjamin Bookworm: 60/60 HP / 4/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG 

- Tracking Hate - 

Pinball: 

• Nepent 2 - {H:1} 

Benjamin Bookworm: 

Edited by Pinball

Ben geared up for another swing at the minions, aiming to take down one of the undamaged ones - or at least hurt it enough that the next hit would.  He hoped that dropping most of the Nepents into half health, that Pinball could take them down with one of his smaller sword arts, and they wouldn't have so much down time between battles.  As much as he was having a bit of fun here, these fights weren't any benefit to them, and he wanted to move on to some other quests eventually. 

Unfortunately, his swing went wide again, and he was forced to jump back to avoid another counter attack.  This was going to be a long fight at this rate...  Sorry Pinball, these guys are getting more and more slippery. he said while hoping they weren't getting sloppy while they were tired. Looks like we might have to take a big swing or two at them to end this. 

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

Benjamin activates Basic Attack and misses

+1 EN at start of turn

- 2 EN 

- Combat - 

Nepent 2: 

Nepent 3: 

ID# 94354 BD: 2 (Miss!)

• Benjamin misses.

Nepent 4

- Enemies - 

{NEPENT 2} 3/7 HP / 3 DMG 

- Players - 

Pinball: 235/240 HP / 18/24 EN / 3 EVA /  4 DMG

@Benjamin Bookworm: 60/60 HP / 3/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG 

- Tracking Hate - 

Pinball: 

• Nepent 2 - {H:1} 

Benjamin Bookworm: 

Pinball watched as Benjamin took a swing, and miss. Luckily though, the monsters did not take it upon themselves to attack Ben, probably because they had already attacked Pinball not too long ago. Pinball shrugged, and told the other player as he stepped up for his turn, "Don't worry about it - I'll take a few of 'em out now." It was time to go back to his stronger sword arts. Truth be told, he didn't have the patience to unnecissarily prolong this fight any longer. He let loose his Hellish Twice, striking down two of the nepents, and jumping out of the way of the third. Maybe if Benjamin got a good hit on this last one, they could move on to the boss. If not, he would try to finish it off. Hopefull their next defeated boss would let them finish the quest. 

Combat: 

Spoiler

~Combat~ 

Pinball activates Hellish Twice  (AOE) 

- 8 EN 

- Combat - 

Nepent 2: 

ID# 94415 BD: 6 (Hit!)  MD: 2 - 3 = (Miss)   <<DEAD>>

• Pinball hits for 4*4 = 16 Dmg!
  • Nepent 2 dies. 

Nepent 3: 

ID# 94416  BD: 4 (Miss) MD: 4 - 3 = 1 (Miss) 

• Pinball misses. 
  • Nepent 3 misses.

Nepent 4 

ID# 94417 BD: 10 (Critical Hit!) MD: 4 - 3 = 1 (Miss)  <<DEAD>>

• Pinball hits for 4*4= 16 DMG 
  • Nepent 4 dies. 

- Enemies - 

{NEPENT 4} 0/7 HP / 3 DMG 

- Players - 

Pinball: 235/240 HP / 10/24 EN / 3 EVA /  4 DMG

@Benjamin Bookworm: 60/60 HP / 3/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG 

- Tracking Hate - 

Pinball: 

Benjamin Bookworm: 

Edited by Pinball

Ben jumped back into the fray, ready to get rid of the minions once more.  Hoping his usual sword arts would take it out he leapt out at the last Nepent standing, swinging in a wide arc with his blades, and connecting in it's head.  Once he felt the blow hit, he quickly activated his sword art and spun around for a follow up swipe, knocking the enemy out for good. 

All right, another pack of minions down!  That's a pretty good tally- hopefully all we need.  he paused to catch his breath after that.  I could get a swing or two in still, if we want to try a run at the boss now.  Or we can rest up if you think we need to.  Your call, but if we keep going we can finish these guys up faster.  The odds are low enough that I'm willing to push it a bit. 

Spoiler

Combat -  Roll ID 94425

Benjamin uses Round Accel Sword art (+1 energy at start of turn, -2 energy for sword art)

Battle die 9 - critical hit +1 damage

Benjamin deals (3+1)*2 = 8 damage to Nepent 3

Nepent 3 is defeated

- Players - 

Pinball: 235/240 HP / 10/24 EN / 3 EVA /  4 DMG

@Benjamin Bookworm: 60/60 HP / 2/6 EN / 1 ACC / 3 DMG