(SP-F1) McDonald's Training <<Earning a Living>> COMPLETE

Tsu had seen the prices of weapons and armor from shops, and she figured that it was about time that she opened a shop. But not just any shop, it had to be a McDonald's. She settled on becoming a cook, just because of her interest in cooking food. It simply felt like the profession she had to go down. "Now I just have to find the NPC who starts the quest, ribbit." Tsu said to herself as she walked through the streets of the Town of Beginnings. It shouldn't take too long to do this quest. She made sure to do this quest earlier in the day just to be safe. It was around 1:15 right now, and the sun was high in the sky.

While Tsu looked, she planned out what her restaurant would look like. "I could model it after the usual style in the restaurant, that would probably be a good start, ribbit." Tsu thought to herself as she looked around. There wasn't that much to it, she just wanted to stay true to the design of McDonald's.

Edited by Froppy

As Tsu walked through the streets, the thoughts of what the design of her McDonald's could look like. Maybe it wasn't the best idea, but it could still be practical. The whole idea of a McDonald's could help attract customers, since it could be a friendly reminder of something from the real world, making customers feel more at home and relaxed. "Even I want to go to a McDonald's myself, it's been over a year now, ribbit." Tsu said to herself, rubbing her stomach and laughing a little bit. Just thinking of fast food made her hungry.

Finding the NPC was more difficult than Tsu had imagined, with the streets being so crowded on floor one. It had been a while since she had came to floor one mainly because of the crowds, but she had to put up with it for today to get this quest done. Tsu wanted to ask for help, but she figured it couldn't take too long to find the guy she was looking for. 

Tsu had heard that the NPC was supposed to be an old man, so Tsu was looking for that kind of person in her head. She wasn't in a rush, but Tsu didn't want to take forever looking for this guy. She wasn't one hundred percent sure if this whole thing of making a McDonald's was even possible. There could be some copyright system in the game that prevented a name like that from being used. Tsu decided that it would be just a better idea to change the name up a little bit, just to avoid any problems. "I just have to think of a new name that isn't too far off from McDonald's. I'll come up with one eventually, ribbit." Tsu said to herself, trying to think of said new name.

Tsu had other things to work on besides getting materials as well. She needed to improve her social skills if she wanted to keep her customers. Some people had told that she was a little bit awkward to talk to, and Tsu wanted to fix that. If she set up this whole McDonald's type of restaurant to make the customers feel welcome, Tsu didn't want herself to be what would end up driving potential customers away.

Tsu continued to walk through the streets, getting slightly worried that she had passed up the NPC, or that he was on the other side of the town. Tsu had been walking around the border of town to try and find the NPC, spiraling her way to the center of town. This was the best path that Tsu figured she could take to search for him. There was only the risk that she could miss him when closing up the circle. "He has to be around here somewhere, I'm getting closer and closer to the center of town, ribbit." Tsu, looking back and forth at the buildings trying to spot the NPC.

It only took a few more minutes before she spotted an old looking person, and Tsu approached him immediately, assuming that there weren't too many old players in this game. "Excuse me sir, are you the one who is part of the Earning a Living quest?" Tsu asked, walking up to him. The old man nodded and put one hand on her shoulder. "Yes I am, so what profession did you seek training in?" the old man asked.

The old man had asked Tsu what profession she wanted to train in and Tsu gave a short and sweet answer. "I want to be a cook, ribbit. Can you teach me how to cook good food? All I need are the basic tips, ribbit." Tsu answered, just requesting the basic training. She had done her fair share of cooking in the real world for her siblings, all she needed to know was the basic mechanics and she could start whipping things up in the kitchen. It was her passion to cook, after preparing meals for her siblings so many times, it just became fun to grill and bake stuff.

Tsu took a step back from the old man as she awaited a response, only to hear a small chuckle from him. "Aha, another little lass wanting to be a cook. Very well froggy, I'll show you how you how to cook. Before I do however, I need you to gather at least 4 ingredients for me. I don't have them lying around you see. Meet me back here when you have done so." the old man instructed. Tsu simply nodded and walked away, heading for the nearest exit of town and entrance to the fields.

Tsu had been tasked with finding four ingredients for cooking. This wouldn't take too long. While Tsu did have some of the worst luck out there, she wasn't going to let that get to her. The crowds didn't seem to big of a deal now, since Tsu knew exactly where to find the old man now. Just about midway to the center on the southeast corner of that circle of shops. It sounded more complicated than it actually was, but Tsu understood her own system.

It only took a few minutes before Tsu reached the gate to the fields, much more clear compared to the crowds in the streets. It was a breath of fresh air, even with the short amount of time she had to deal with the crowds. "This is much better, ribbit. The ingredients are probably gonna be in the woods, so I better check over in them instead. Not gonna find anything here, ribbit." Tsu said to herself as she walked across the fields, staying out of range of any monsters that could attack her, even if there weren't too many.

Tsu walked through the fields, keeping her guard up and looking out for any boars or wolves that could attack her. She could probably handle them on her own, but the goal of this quest was to gather materials, not to fight monsters for materials. The walk to the forest didn't take that long, as it was only about a half mile distance between the town and the forest. "The sky looks pretty today, ribbit. There is just the right amount of clouds to make it look right." Tsu said to herself, looking up at the sky. It wasn't real clouds, but they still looked nice.

When Tsu arrived at the woods, she opened her menu and got out a basket to hold the ingredients in. Even if it was more convienent to just put the materials in her menu, Tsu just liked to do things the old fashioned way from the real world. Right away, Tsu found a ripe tomato growing in one the bushes. She picked it off and put in her basket, moving through the forest.

ID: 94465 LD: 20 (Mat Found)

1 Mat Total

Edited by Froppy

Tsu walked deeper into the woods, humming a few tunes to herself. The first floor itself in design had a rather boring and non-detailed theme to it. Nothing really stood out as remarkable, so it was hard tl really enjoy being on the first floor after experiencing all of the others. It's like visiting some big amusement park, and then going to a small carnival and expecting the same amount of fun. It just isn't the same. Even the woods on floor 1 were boring and generic. It was better for the first floor to be like this to make things seem simple at the start, but it still sucked going to back to it.

As Tsu walked on, she subconsciously started to let her tongue hang out of her mouth. No one was around, so it wasn't too big of a deal. It was just a small habit of hers. As she walked, Tsu couldn't spot anything else, so she decided to go deeper into the woods.

ID: 94611 LD: 2 (Nothing)

1 Mat Total

Edited by Froppy

Tsu didn't notice that her tongue was hanging out if her mouth until after another 10 minutes of walking. She looked back and forth to make sure no one was around, and once she confirmed that there was no one else, she just let it hang and kept walking. It was an old habit of hers to let her tongue hang out. Her tongue is above average size compared to a normal tongue, so it naturally had trouble staying in. Tsu grew up just letting it hang out of her mouth, but started to try and hide it as she grew up because people simply said it looked weird and made her hard to talk to. But whenever no one was around, Tsu always just let it hang. Tsu had now walked about half a mile into woods, and she spotted a cabbage plant on the ground, picking it up and putting it in her basket, before realizing it was rotten and threw it out.

ID: 94612 LD: 14 (Found)

1 Mat Total

Edited by Froppy

Tsu sighed when she kept coming across more and more rotten ingredients. "It's like everyone has gone through this area already, ribbit." Tsu said to herself as she walked. Another thing that people found weird about her was her habit if making frog sounds when she talked. It wasn't a habit or an attempt to pretend to be a frog. It was quite simply a way to deal with her throat problems. Because of her abnormally sized tongue, it tended to leave less room inside her throat, which caused her to choke regularly. After a few weels of dealing with the choling when she was young, Tsu found that ribbiting was an easy way to avoid choking. It was weird, but it's eadier to talk to someone that ribbits occasionally compared to someone who chokes constantly. As Tsu continued to walk, she finally spotted a cabbage plant that wasn't rotten and picked it up, "Finally, a good one, ribbit." Tsu said to herself, continuing on.

ID: 94614 LD: 17 (Found Mat)

2 Mats Total

Edited by Froppy

Tsu was getting deeper into the woods, and the shade from the trees made it look darker than it really was. The only other time she came out into the woods on this floor was on the treasure hunting competition with Outlander, Dazia, and Ell. Other than that, Tsu was just walking through the clearest path she could follow. She made sure to only walk in one direction so she would not get lost like last time. "Man, this is just as boring as everyone says it is, ribbit. I should have gotten a partner to comr with me on this quest. Even Outlander would be fine, ribbit." Tsu muttered, looking down at the ground. Tsu looked back up at the trees and saw a vine of grapes, and plucked it off, putting it in her basket. The grapes vaguely reminded her of someone, but she couldn't exactly remember who.

ID: 94648 LD: 20 (Found)

3 Mats Total

Edited by Froppy

Tsu was getting slightly worried about what could happen in the woods by herself like this, but she had done a decent job avoiding monsters so far, so nothing could really happen to her at this point. It was getting a bit cooler in the woods, with the shade blocking out a little bit of the heat. "It's better than it being hot, ribbit. It's a nice little breeze to feel. At least the weather is fine. Nothing special, just as boring as everything else. It was just consistently okay, ribbit." Tsu thought to herself as she walked. She thought way too much on little things like this, but it was fun to pick things apart sometimes. Tsu could see a clearing in the distance, which would probably be a good spot to take a break. She tripped suddenly, and then looked down to see a potato. "This'll work too, ribbit." Tsu said to herself as she picked up the potato and put it in her basket.

ID: 94651 LD: 20 (Success)

4 Mats Total

Edited by Froppy

It only took about another minute for Tsu to make her way to the clearing and sighed with relief upon arriving. It was a small lake, which already looked fine enough to swim in. Tsu was about to hop in, but she stopped herself and just sat down beside the lake. "I'm here to gather ingredients for the quest, not to vacation, ribbit. I'll just have to the come back here another day, maybe with a friend or two, ribbit." Tsu said to as she laid down on her back and looked up at the open sky, since there weren't any trees in the clearing to block it. It was still just as clear as before she started the quest. Looking at her in game clock, she noticed that an hour had gone by now ever since she started the quest. Sitting up, Tsu couldn't see any materials nearby. "I'll stay for a few more minutes, ribbit." Tsu said, laying back down on the ground.

ID: 94652 LD: 7 (Failure)

4 Mats Total

Edited by Froppy

Tsu didn't want to get up, enjoying the sunlight all over her. She had already gotten the four ingredients that she needed, so there was no real rush to try and find any more mats. "Just a few more minutes, ribbit. Then I'll head back to town and wrap up this quest. The old man will still be there, ribbit." Tsu said to herself as she started to close her eyes and drift to sleep. It had been busy over the last few weeks, constantly gathering mats, so Tsu just wanted to take a nice short break. She was almost there to achieving her goal, but it could wait for now. Right before she fell asleep, she spotted another potato, so she grabbed it and tossed it into her basket. Tsu yawned briefly, then she dozed off and just let the warmth of the sunlight overtake her. There would plenty of time to head back.

ID: 94719 LD: 20 (Success)

5 Mats Total

Edited by Froppy

Tsu continued to sleep, going quite a bit over a few minutes. In fact, she dozed off for a little more than an hour before waking up. Tsu rubbed her eyes and looked around, then at herself to make sure nothing happened to her. She looked at her in game clock and was a bit surprised when she saw how long she slept. Looking up at the sky, it had turned to evening, so Tsu had to get back to town now before it got dark. "I napped way too long, ribbit. The old man is probably still there, but I have to get back, I don't want to be caught by the monsters at night." Tsu said to herself as she stood up and picked up her basket, heading back in the direction she came. Tsu looked around and saw yet another potato on the ground, picking it up and putting it in her basket. "Looks like I'll be making a lot of fries, ribbit..." Tsu muttered to herself, counting the potatoes in her basket.

ID: 94720 LD: 19 (Success)

6 Mats Total

Edited by Froppy

Tsu hummed to herself as she picked up the pace of her walking. She was walking a little bit faster on the way back, not wanting to be left out in the dark outside of the safe zone. As she walked she started to sing the lyrics of the song to herself, it sounded terrible, but no one else could hear, so she just sang freely. Tsu skipped with every beat in the song, forgetting all of the stress that she had been going through. She stopped after another 3 songs and looked up at the sky again. It had a nice orange color to it, nice and peaceful. "I wish I brought someone with me on this quest. Even Outlander would have been fine. But at least I can sing to myself, ribbit No one would want to hear me sing at all. My voice is already weird enough because of my tongue getting in the way, ribbit." Tsu said to herself as she grabbed another tomato and put it in her basket.

ID: 94723 LD: 18 (Success)

7 Mats Total

Edited by Froppy

Tsu skipped along through the forest and back to the town, going back to humming songs instead of singing them. It started to hurt her throat if she sang too much. "Stupid tongue, hurts my voice after just a few songs, ribbit. If it wasn't this long, I would have more friends, and people would stop making frog jokes about me and my croaks, ribbit." Tsu said to herself, a bit frustrated over the whole thing. Her entire family had the problem of having long tongues, but Tsu got it the longest out of her parents and siblings. Her parents didn't have to croak, and neither did her siblings. It was just Tsu that ended up being the butt of all the frog jokes. Even if the jokes themselves don't bother Tsu as much anymore, just the simple fact that people made the jokes bothered her. Now that she was nearing the fields again, all of the ingredients started to not be as easy to find, with Tsu not spotting anything.

ID: 94724 LD: 4 (Failure)

7 Mats Total

Edited by Froppy

Tsu finally reached the fields, and the sky was still a good shade of orange, which meant all that Tsu had to do now was walk the half mile back to town and find the old man where he was before and start the cooking training. The gathering part of the quest itself was boring, but the fun part was coming up soon, and Tsu just couldn't wait for it. At this point, it was pretty obvious to Tsu that she wasn't going to be able to find anymore ingredients in the forest this close to the fields, since everyone comes to this area. Tsu started to jog now, keeping her distance from the boars and wolves that were still roaming the fields. "Almost there, and I still spared a little bit of time, ribbit." Tsu said to herself as she continued to jog across the field. The boars and wolves weren't even paying attention to her, which was great. The last thing Tsu needed to deal with was combat.

ID: 94725 LD: 14 (Failure)

7 Mats Total

Edited by Froppy

Tsu jogged back in to the Town of Beginnings and stopped for a second to catch her breath. She was in the safe zone now, so she could rest easy. The sun was setting, and dusk was about to turn to night. "Phew, glad I made it out of there in time, ribbit." Tsu said to herself as she started to walk through the streets on the way back to the old man. It was around 6:30 now, so Tsu had a little bit of time to practice cooking before she would have to hit the hotel for one last rest. After making her restaurant, Tsu was going to do what just about everyone else did and use one of the backrooms and sort of an apartment. It was easier to just use a room as a living space rather than spend the 20,000 col to buy a house. The crowds in the streets had lessened slightly, which was a good sight to see, making it easier to walk through said streets.

Tsu found the old man rather quickly, since he literally didn't move from the spot she found him in the first time. "Hey, I got the ingredients, so can you show me how to cook, ribbit?" Tsu asked, holding out the basket to him. The old man laughed and then opened the door to the building he was standing front of. "Of course young one, just follow me in here." the old replied, holding the door open for Tsu as she followed him inside, looking around.

Inside the building was a simple kitchen, to which the old man led her over to the counter where a cutting board and a knife was set up. He got out a ball of cabbage and set it down. "Wait, you had the ingredients this whole time, ribbit? Then why did you send me out to get some, ribbit?" Tsu asked, a little bit upset. The old man laughed again as he handed her the knife. "You need to gather ingredients for your restaurant, so I was prepping you for that too. Now, cut the lettuce, and make a burger with the ingredients I have on the table over there." the old man instructed, pointing over to a table with a meat patty, tomato slices, and buns.