[SP-F1] <The First Few are Free> Back to the Basics

Steel gave making a potion another go and once again, he had produced yet another failure. "I think I'm just getting worse over time..." Steel said as this batch seemed even worse than his last two tries. Steel even thought there was a strange smell coming from it. And perhaps it was a little on the burnt side. He didn't know how he managed to do that. It's not like he was bad at cooking in the real world. At least, he was never this bad. I really don't want to become an alchemist when I go and select my profession skill. He couldn't help but think to himself as he felt that this wasn't suited for him. "Alright, one more go!" Though he didn't want to do it later, he had to do it now. He was determined to do this and complete the quest so he could get a little stronger.

ID 95038

CD 1

Edited by Steel

Steel let out a battle cry as he tried his hardest on this one batch. Call it intuition or an idiot's optimism but he just had the feeling that he could do it this time. And he was going to hold onto that feeling and let that fuel him. And when he had finished, Zackariah gave a light clap. "You've done it my boy, albeit barely, but you have still passed!" He said with a smile. Steel had managed to successfully make the potion. Sure, the potion still almost looked like crap but it was still a usable potion. If Steel had to be honest though, he was afraid of trying and tasting it for himself. He had expected potions to not taste like anything but they actually had some flavor. So Steel was scared of whether or not the quality was reflected in the taste.

"Thank you again for the lesson!" Steel said with a smile and bow.

ID 95039

CD 4

Edited by Steel

Just as Steel was about to jump for joy, at least mentally, Zackariah decided to request of him to do something. Steel had been expecting this to happen.

"One more thing before you go, could you take this package to a blacksmith named Lyle Tealeaf?" Zackariah asked as he had grabbed said package and held it out for Steel to carry. "He's still in this town and he's not too far away. His smithy should now be on your map." Right as he said that, the said point had popped up.

I guess this would be the final part of this quest and the start of the second. Steel thought to himself. "Lyle Tealeaf right? No prob, just leave it to me!" He said with a grin. With one more bow, he exited the house with package in hand. He then heard his stomach growl. Maybe I should get some dinner first... He said with a bit of a laugh.

Edited by Steel

"Now then, where is that smithy?" Steel said to himself as he looked around town. Along the way, he had gotten something to eat as it took longer than expected to find all of those potion materials. He was now using his map to navigate through the town towards where the quest guided him. Eventually, he was right in front of the smithy in question. Steel decided against entering without permission and opted to just knock and announce his arrival. "Excuse me, is Mister Lyle Tealeaf in? I have a package from Mr. Zackariah to deliver to him." He thought it was silly since he was talking to an NPC who probably stayed in there at all times but it was just his way of doing things. Eventually, the door opened, revealing another aged man. 

"So that Zackriah sent a young lad to do his errands? Why can't he do these things on his own? Ah well, I thank ye lad." The man named Lyle said with a gruff yet kind smile. "Though I will say you have perfect timing, I could use your help."

"Sure thing, but could it wait until tomorrow? The sun's about to set." Steel said. Looks like I'm not done quite yet.

----------------------------------

Thread Complete

Steel gains

- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
-1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
- 3 Skill Points (2 from quest, 1 from 1 page of RP)
- 400 col

Edited by Steel