[PP-F2] A field of flowers

Well... I haven't done many.  I fought the wasp queen, did the first beginner quest, the job quest, and fought the Nepents.  I have a few more on my to do list that I'm working through, and a few other new players who haven't done some of them yet.  I have just been taking some extra time to forage for materials, so those trips have been taking a lot of my time.  It is worth it though, to have enough materials to start really leveling up in my crafting this soon.  Plus having all the extra potions in my pack for emergencies is really nice.  Ben cheerfully answered as he took another look around the field.  He wasn't having the same luck as he had earlier, and came up empty.  Well, if I do find a good map for a sub-dungeon, I'll see if it's high enough level for you.  Depends on how lucky I get with my searches. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 95402
Loot die - 11, nothing

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you wish Benjamin if you ever need a partner for a quest the both of us should be able to handle anything, and i am willing to help you with any quest you could want to do. I say kindly with a smile on my face as the two of us continue moving through the fields. And of course if you wish to have a group of players that are tier 2 or around that area the Holy Dragon Alliance will be wishing to help out i am certain. I say kindly to you as i look through the fields looking through the forest having sworn i saw something moving through it. Something that looked somewhat humanoid in nature i whistle loudly as my familiar slowly gets up with a grumble then looks to me. I just nudge my head in the direction of what i thought i saw as Kuro quickly goes to investigate what is happening if anything is behind the tree or near it.

Ben smiled back, as he let slight chuckle come from his lips.  Well, I don't think I'll be at quite that level for some time.  I will leave the higher level quests to others for the time being. he said as he continued down the field as well.  It was a nice day, and he was a bit too distracted to find anything in the fields right now.  Mostly he just gave Kuro a couple of scratches as he went.  If I do find a reason to go up out of my depth, I will talk to you guys though.  But for now, it looks like the only reasons I have for going up that high of a floor is to find tier 2 materials.  Oh, Kuro... is he going out to find something? he said in a hushed tone Um, is something out there we should be worried about?

Spoiler

Gathering roll ID 95415
Loot die - 5, nothing

I look over at you with a nod of my head in understanding of the quest worry knowing that is the smart thing to not do anything over your skill level encase it comes with a AOE attack that could ruin your life or just your day.  But yeah please if you ever need assistance don't be afraid to message our guild as we would be willing to help you out any time Benjamin. I say kindly with a smile as i walk alongside you as i go with you and says in a low tone of voice. I thought i saw something in the trees that were humanoid i sent Kuro out to see if it was a player killer setting up a ambush, or elven enemies that are trying to kill us since they are NPCs. However, even then i hope i am wrong on both accounts and i just saw nothing and Kuro just comes back out without having found any type of enemy to worry about. I say in a calm, but low tone of voice.

(OOC: your last post wasn't 150 words i think, and also you can decide if anything comes out since it is your thread.)

Ben looked ahead, hoping they were just getting worked up over nothing.  He tensed up as Kuro jumped off into the field... and then came back with a bird in his mouth.  It looks like it was just a bird that was making all the racket, and the sunflowers were making it look bigger than it was.  Oh, uh, that's good.  I guess Kuro went and gathered himself a snack, huh?  he chuckled nervously.  Well I guess I'll just head on back to the flowers and check the area a bit more... he continued as he awkwardly headed over to the nearest row of flowers, accidentally snapping one of them off at the stem as he tried to part them.  Um... flower for your help? he said as the sunflower burst into an explosion of data bits.  It was pretty clear that the near ambush had shaken him more than he cared to admit.  Ben took a few more deep breaths to try and get himself together a bit, but still was shaking a little. 

(OOC: I use a word counter to check my posts- last one turned out exactly 150 words.  Not the longest I've made, but it was just under the wire)

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 95427
Loot die - 1, critical failure

I see Kuro just grab a bird as i relax having thought it could've been a PKer that would be attacking.  Kuro went their cause i thought i saw something, or someone trying to sneak up on us and attack. If it was a player then they could've been handled at least semi-decently with me around since they probably wouldn't expect someone around my level to be here. Plus with Kuro's size he could probably intimidate or push someone out of hiding just do to either fear or weight. I say with a nod of my head and a chuckle escaping my voice. as i go back to walking with you at a relaxed pace while making sure to keep my eyes around the surrounding less then the actual gathering process. I then hear you mention a flower as i look down and sees a sunflower that then breaks apart as i chuckle at that as i pat you on the shoulder. Nice trying Benjamin the thought is what matters. I say kindly to you.

Y-yea... I guess you could have taken care of them pretty easily.  I've never really seen a PKer or anyone like that, but I just, I really get freaked out when I hear about those kinds of things.  Sorry. he said sheepishly as he headed back over to the flowers.  Maybe we can just do some more material searching, or head back soon.  I guess this is why I don't like picking up fighting skills, since then I'd have to be the one dealing with players like that. 

He gave a sigh as he started to look through the rows of sunflowers.  I just need to keep going until I have enough materials that I can help out those braver than me.  In the end, I figure that's what I'm going to be best at.  Thanks again for helping out with this.  It's good to have some friends to have your back when things get scary like that.  Ben said as he pulled another couple of more pieces of crafting material out of the area. 

Spoiler

gathering roll ID 95571
Loot die 19, craft die 2
found 2 materials (12 total)

I smile a bit sadly hearing that reasoning as i just shake my head and pats you gently upon your shoulder. Benjamin whether you would like to believe it or not just cause you can't fight back with damage, or have all the damage won't stop a Player Killer from going after  you. They are meant to be terrifying people, and i wouldn't put it past them from trying to kidnap people for their own goals of doing the work for them that they would rather not do. I say as i look at you as i see you moving through the flowers of this field  It is admirable to try and help out those who can be stronger then you Benjamin, but you must keep in mind there will come a moment when you will need to stand up and fight for yourself also. Since there won't always be a player to help you out, and if you try to rely on that factor of a player always being around then it will just go badly. I say in a gentle tone of voice hoping you understand what i am saying and what i am trying to convey by saying this. Not wishing to discourage your ideas at all, but wanting to give warning about things that can happen from personal experiences. That not every trip is peaceful when by yourself that heir are many monsters that can appear to ruin a otherwise peaceful walk.

Benjamin nodded as he listened to Hestia's advice.  That, that does make me feel better.  I think I'm getting a better understanding of how dangerous things can be out here.  I suppose it's going to be a bit of a learning curve as I go up the floors, but at least I know I'll have friends to help out.  He gave a smile as he brushed his way through the sunflowers, taking in the sun as he looked about.  He grabbed a few more petals off of the sunflowers, adding them into his supply pack.  He was getting a pretty good amount by now.

I think that actually should be enough for a few days or so.  I think that if you want to start heading back, we could.  Or we can stick around a bit more if you're having fun.  Ben said with a more cheerful tone, happier to be on a topic he's more comfortable with. 

Spoiler

Gathering roll ID 95605
Loot die - 17, craft die 8
found 3 materials (15 total)

lets head on back Benjamin it is about time to do so. Since as you said you have enough for a few days, and we wouldn't wish to take from other possible players who could be in search of materials. It is understandable to take because of that from a game standpoint, but this has gone beyond a game and is now about life and death. To take to much could leave someone at a disadvantage that could kill them. I say with a nod of my head and a hand on my hip. Wishing to explain my reason for why i wish to head out, and hopefully get the idea of the full situation of what can happen at every situation to this player in case he doesn't understand. To get the full gravity of how everything is in a almost delicate balance of how things can change from peaceful to deadly. I then turn back towards the town, and when you decide to go back if you decide to do so i would then start heading towards town leading the way, but if you decide to stay i would do so to make sure you stay safe.

Yea, I guess that we could use up all the materials in an area.  I don't know exactly how the materials respawn, otherwise I would know exactly when to come back to get more, but stripping an area clean is probably bad.  Plus I can always start heading out for more when I run out.  Maybe I'll try the sixth or seventh floors next time- I haven't been there yet.  Ben said as he ran his hands through the flowers again, snagging on a patch of particularly dense leaves, and pulling out a large handful of materials.  His luck just kept on looking up as he searched. 

Yea, I think this is a good time to head back. he said as he put the new items into his inventory.  He started down towards the road that would lead them back to town, catching up with Hestia at a bit of a trot, and glancing back to see if Kuro was going to be catching up, or if he was still playing around in the flowers. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 95613
Loot die - 17, craft die 10
4 materials found (19 total)

I make my way back towards the settlement as i hear footsteps behind me as i glance back to see it is you. With that i whistle over to Kuro who slowly gets up, and then lazily flies after us at a rather relaxed pace more so making sure he keeps us within sight rather then being right next to us. So then Benjamin what is your plan after this? You going to do some quests after you do your crafting business, or something else? I ask curiously wondering what this player does for gaining some points in levels, or if he is just content crafting as much as he can to give out towards players who would be in need. 'Actually what things do alchemists craft? I haven't actually been to one. Might need to visit his shop at some point to see what he has.' I think to myself with a nod of my head realizing that would be a very useful skill to have. hey Benjamin have you ever gathered Tier 2 materials yet? I say to you realizing that is necessary for those potions that would go off tiers then anything else.

Well, I have a few quests that I want to get done so I can level up a bit.  The main one I want to do is finding a familiar, though I need to have another free skill slot for that.  After that, I'm not sure.  I figured I would find some friends to tag along with, but it seems that I end up leading most of the groups I've been with instead.  It isn't bad, just a bit weird. Ben said as he walked down the path with the two of you. 

Tier 2 materials are something I haven't gotten to try yet.  I still have a bunch of tier 1 materials from the job quest, and never went up to the higher level floors to gather quite yet.  Now that I've gained a few levels myself, I should go seek some out another time. 

Well, if you want to listen, there's a lot of good things I can make- damage potions with no drawbacks, safeguard potions to negate attacks, and some healing and poisons.  The best things I get access to are the crystal though.  Those things are so easy to use you can activate them while in battle, and can activate damage, mitigation, and extra health buffs.  The best crystal I can make are the mass healing ones though, as they give quick healing any time you need it.  The only downside is how expensive they are to create- twice as much as a regular potion, and harder to get done as well.  he said matter of factually as they went.  He stopped by some more of the flower beds to grab a few more items as they went, and his thoughts went to what he wanted to add on for his next batch of crafting. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 95621
Loot die 15, craft die 2
Found 2 materials (21 total)

You work with crystals also? I say in surprise as you list that off, and then list off a enhancement that i even use for my crafts. I'm a performer and we use crystals exclusively, but the downside is unlike yours. Performer crystals require you to take a pause to use them which obviously not as great which kinda forces our business to be only about Debuff Songs, or Familiar calls. Since the healing side of things is handled by you Alchemists. I say with a small shrug of my shoulder at that fact knowing it is just a fact of life for this game, but nothing serious in reality. By the way if you ever get a tier 2 perfect mitigation potion in stock i'll pay for it right away. I need some of that badly. I tell you in all honesty needing lots of potions like that to be able to do my tank thing. Like basically any tier 2 perfect mitigations i'll pay for right away from you.

Ben thought about that as they kept on marching.  Well, I will add some of those to my crafting list once I get some tier 2 materials to work with, though I do have some tier 1 safeguard potions right now.  Those don't get better as you go up in tier.  But I will make some of those potions- did you want only perfect potions, or would you like rare ones as well.  Oh, and I can make mitigation crystals as well if you need buffs in a hurry, in case you run into a boss that leaves you with little time to use expendables. 

As they talked, he saw that the tops of the largest buildings in town starting to peek out.  It had been a good day, and he now had a few leads on what players would want in expendables.  Perhaps I'll start working on getting some tier 2 materials next, now that I have enough levels in alchemy that I don't fail most of my attempts.  Maybe it will bring in some of the higher level players, who seem to buy more expendables from the shops. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID - 95633
Loot die 12, nothing

I would prefer perfects only to make sure i am safe, but i am fine with accepting rares also. I know people who could be in need of those in a hurry during a fight if the boss is stronger then what we could think they would be. So being prepared is always a must especially since i am taking the support as my side role, so i need to make sure i can handle anything, and provide people with some buffs if need be. I say in a kind tone of voice as i walk alongside you as the main settlement slowly starts to come into view from the many trees that are trying to block out the sight of it. But yeah if you get some tier two's into your shop trust me people will be all over you since they would want those nice tier twos you could offer them. Then you could mix tier one and two that way you can beginner players and intermediate players like myself. I say with a nod of my head.

Everyone always wants perfects, and only perfects.  There's not a lot of rares that everyone wants... getting those sold is going to be the tricky part of things.  Especially since I have a lot of enhancements that can only be put into perfect items that I make.  he said as they walked and talked.  He once more grabbed a few bits of herbs and leaves from one of the flower plots that they passed by, continuing to add more to his inventory.  But do stop by my shop when you get the chance, and I'll see what I have available.  It will probably take me about a week to get tier 2 materials, but I'll be spending that time using up the ones I just gathered before then.  No sense in using the powerful stuff until I have the best possible chance of success.  Especially if they are what brings in the higher level players to start buying things, for once. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 95639
Loot Die 19, Craft die 8
Found 3 materials (24 total) (Wow, talk about good luck)

Nods my head at the logic and sympathetically pats you on the back. Yeah i know what you mean Benjamin. People always requests perfects since they want the best. Very rarely will you find a person who is fine with a rare, and never find a person who wants a uncommon as a item. I say with a small sigh at that as i can only think of my own shop that has quite a bit of items that could be sold, but no one buying them. Knowing they could be useful in quests, and might even buy them if they could be instantaneous. However, it is a song so it does take a bit to affect the surround possibly. But yeah when you start getting tier two stuff into your shop please send me a message, and i'll be checking it out. Seems like it could be good to finally get some buffs that are tier two. I say with a chuckle. Also if you ever need some questing buddies send me a message and i'll bring some HDA members for you to get to know them. Encase you get interested in joining a guild it is a bit good to know at least some of the people. I say in a joking manner.

That's actually one of the reasons that I haven't been working too hard to get tier 2 things made- I can use the tier one items that nobody else wants, but tier two I can only sell so far.  I figure that I'll be able to get more use out of those higher level items once I get closer to that level myself. Ben continued down the path with Hestia and Kuro, grabbing another handful from the next patch of flowers they passed by.  They were almost at the city, and nobody had checked these patches in a while.  It seems like players didn't do as much dedicated searching for materials as Ben had thought, if there were patches this full of things to grab this close to town. 

They finally arrived at the path just in front of the town gates.  It looked like their quest was almost over.  If there's anything that I can do to return the favor, please just ask.  I owe you big time for helping out today, and I will definitely look forward to working together in the future. 

Spoiler

Gathering Roll ID 95644
Loot Die - 15, Craft die 12
Found 4 materials (28 total) (!!!)

It's fine don't worry about it Benjamin you just enjoy crafting to your hearts content, and know that you have me as a customer when you get some items that i can in use of for my tank style of build. Also i'll do my best to direct my guild towards you if they ever need some type of potions since i think at the moment you're like the only alchemist out their. I've not heard of or seen any others so hey lots of business for you. I say with a grin on my face as we get towards the gate as i then step through them with my familiar following me. Myself and Kuro heading towards the teleport gate to get started with some personal questing time to try and improve myself fit and ready. I then grin as i open up my menu and selects add a friend request and sends it to you with a nod of my head. Send me a message whenever you're in need of some assistance. I'm only one message away. I say kindly as i then make my way off to the teleport gate to enter and head towards one of the many floors.