[PP-F2] A field of flowers

Well that's a lot of materials.  I suppose if you aren't crafting every day, that would last you a while.  I'm just about high enough level to start on crystals, and that means I can run through that many materials in less than three days.  Though as I'm trying to level up that's probably not going to actually happen... it still takes a lot of materials for a full time crafter to work through.  Ben said with a shake of his head.  Well, maybe next time we can search on some of the higher floors?  I mostly craft things to sell, and crafting higher tier items is something I can do.  Um, as long as I can safely find some materials that is.  He was glad to have a new friend around, especially one he could talk to about how players would be moving up the floors in the future.  It was nice to talk shop. 

Spoiler

gathering roll ID 95293
Loot die - 5, nothing

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with me around Benjamin finding things safely is something you don't ever have to worry about since i am a full time tank basically, and a part time crafter as a performer. I say with a small chuckle and a shrug. I do enjoy music don't get me wrong i even have a guitar at my store that i play and absolutely love doing so. Actually now that i think about maybe i should attempt at writing some songs, and then seeing what happens. Maybe put on a show or something if everything works good. I say rather cheerfully at the thought of performing in front of a audience at some point like a real idol in the real world. Also Benjamin if you ever in trouble, or need a place for people to protect you from anybody. Know the guild i am apart of the Holy Dragon Alliance are for the protection of the people of Aincrad. So if you ever need a tank like myself, or a DPS to help you through things we'll be their to make sure you can survive. i say in a kind tone of voice.

That sounds great.  I haven't gotten to talk to many of the guilds that are out there yet, so I'm not sure who would be best to talk to yet.  I'll drop you a message next time I need to search for materials on a higher floor.  It would be nice to have a group for that.  Actually, if you have recording crystals, I will probably stop by your store soon.  I have been thinking of trying to get some music to play while I search- it gets really quiet out there.  I'd say go for it!  Ben said with some excitement.  There wasn't any big events that didn't have to do with some boss monster trying to kill them yet, so it sounded like a good way to help bring players together.  And he was all for that.  He then turned to see if he could find any more flowers in this area, picking away at what he could find.  Oh, and likewise, if you ever find yourself in need of some alchemy, I'll try my best to get what you need, even if I have to take a few tries to make it. 

Spoiler

gathering roll ID 95299
Loot die - 9, nothing

If you ever want to talk to any of the guilds you can message me and i can possibly bring a person from HDA. If you ever want to join the guild i can even invite the leader who is a really cool and chill person. He even is trying to find a way to imprison player killers, so we can try and stop the cycle of killing that pkers can cause. I inform you with a nod of my head, and a very happy smile on my face as i mention that fact. Also, the Holy Dragon Alliance is always looking for members who can be helpful to us. Primarily at the moment though i don't think we have any alchemists actually. I say as i follow you along the fields. I then chuckle and blush ever so slightly at hearing your enthusiasm for my idea of creating a concert like event for the players to enjoy and relax at. Well once i write some songs i will definitely message you to see what you think of the lyrics. I say rather happily.

I will think about that.  I had been looking for a support or crafter focused guild, but it seems there aren't actually any of those around, and trying to found one just for the few crafter buffs they would grant seems really over the top.  Plus if I did join an established guild like yours seems like the better choice if I'm looking to support others. he said thoughtfully.  It would be nice to know more about the guilds before making any big choices.  But if a big guild didn't have any alchemists, then he would be able to help a lot of players there.  It might be a really good choice.

Well, aside from the big things going on, have you heard of any big quests or events happening lately?  I figure with us finally pushing our way into the 21st floor, there might be a few things to discover.  I know there were a few new enhancements found up there, but since I can't make them myself I hadn't been paying attention.  Though I am always a bit behind on hearing news. 

Spoiler

gathering roll ID 95304
Loot die - 13, nothing

I follow you along the field as i listen to you speak. Well if you ever wish to join the Holy Dragon Alliance we would be happy to have you. The only thing you would need to do is make sure that Jomei doesn't have a reason to think you have ill intentions for the guild. From what i understand about the man he seems okay with adding people into the guild as long as they are not people with the want to kill others. I say in a calm tone of voice and a smile as i look over to Kuro who gets up and moves closer towards us encase we're moving onto another area of the floor. at your question i can only shrug. Well i am not entirely sure benjamin in regards to new news or such. I am kinda in the same, but even then i don't actively seek out the information about the new floors and such. I just take my time and learn what it brings for us players. I am mostly curious about whatever new quests come out since i like to explore these floors.

I'll give it some thought.  It sounds like a good offer.  Ben said as they continued down the path. He still needed some time to think things over, but it was a better offer than anything else he had been offered.  Well, I suppose with the holidays done, we won't be seeing new events or such for a while.  It would be nice to hear of anyone trying to get some sort of party in town, but those kinds of things tend to be more private affairs.  I guess it is good that we mostly concentrate on moving up the floors though. 

I guess one of the big problems I've had with arranging things early on is finding some reliable players to group with.  Maybe next time there is a group of new players coming out of the town of beginnings, I could try to arrange another group quest.  Ben rambled a bit as he checked out the fields nearby, with his luck still not coming through.

Spoiler

gathering roll ID 95306
Loot die - 9, nothing

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

yeah sadly it seems that the events are holiday based rather then in some other format which would be rather nice. I heard that in the past the game used to do monthly bosses, but then it stopped doing so for whatever reason the cardinal system could create. i say with a small shrug not entirely sure why it would wish to stop those unless it was meant to kill player cooperation among each other to make it more difficult to clear the game. Well again if you ever need a group of players know that you can message me at any point and i would be their to make sure your survival is guaranteed. I tell you with a nod of my head as i see you not find anything once more. Lets go Benjamin i think this area is pretty clear of materials lets go to one of those other areas you had found on this floor. I suggest to you as a possibility.

Ben nodded- with all the conversation, he had lost track of the time.  They still had his route to go down.  Well, there is a path that goes around this way before looping back into town.  It passes through a field of sunflowers, and there are usually some good things to be found in there.  Plus it looks really nice to walk through - I never get to walk through these places offline with my allergies. 

So I never did ask you much about your familiar.  Have you had him for a while?  And has he changed since you first got him.  I figure the familiars are really smart, but everyone seems to say different opinions on how they behave or if they just reflect their master's desires. 

As they walked on, he did check the field they were in before they left, just in case.  He didn't find anything though- Hestia was probably right about this place being empty. 

Spoiler

gathering roll ID 95312
Loot die - 7, nothing

I nod my head with a grin at their being a path planned glad that it loops back easily towards the town as we start walking in the direction of the path that you have planned. Kuro my familair quickly following after us closer towards me rather then you this time around. For my familair i have had him for a long while in my opinion, and he has changed in the way of him having hated pets. Now he actually likes them and accepts them from anybody. I say with a small chuckle as i pet Kuro who enjoys it as he nuzzles against my leg for the pets. Upon hearing what you say i just nod my head in understanding knowing their is many familiars who are quite different. Well i don't know about that, but i would think if familiars fit their master's desires just means they have to be compatible which makes sense. However, for myself i believe familiars are sentient creatures with their own personalities. i say honestly.

Ben thought about that for a minute.  He didn't really believe that a program could be sentient, but was hesitant to disagree so strongly about that.  I guess you would have to be on the same wavelength as your familiar to get them to join you.  I've not thought about if that affects what kind of personality they have though.  Huh.  As he walked along in thought, he occasionally checked the roadsides for some bushes he could grab craftable materials from, with little success.  Well, it was just the path along the way to the sunflower field, so that was fine.  He did have to keep a close eye on his HUD so they wouldn't get lost as they walked, so he didn't want to pull too much attention off that.  So.... Kuro will accept pets from anyone?  Just like a friendly ear scratching while walking down the road? he asked as he glanced down at Kuro, a joyful smile spreading across his face. 

Spoiler

gathering roll ID 95315
Loot die 10 - nothing

I nod my head with a smile chuckling a little bit at your joy and interest that is bubbling so close to the surface as i just nod my head. Of course he wouldn't mind it. As long as you're a person with good intentions in his eyes he is fine with you petting and touching him. I say kindly and happily as i follow you along the path as the field of sunflowers appears in the distance as i smile at the rather beautiful sight of the just endless nature of the flowers making it a wonderful sight. I smile happily as i wish i could have this as a picture to take the real world, but sadly that can't be a case. With that once we arrive in the field Kuro immediately finds himself a spot to lay down in and relax from all of this as i chuckle and just remains wlaking alongside with you to talk and enjoy ourselves while we're in the field after having walked awhile to get to it.

Once they got to the field, Ben bent down to give Kuro a petting, happy to give him a scratching behind the ears.  He was adorable, and Ben loved animals.  I'm glad you guys are enjoying yourselves here.  Why don't you take a nap Kuro, while me and Hestia enjoy the sights.  Ben decided that this trip might be worth it just for the sights, and to meet a cute cat like this. 

Well, it's a nice place around here.  The sights are pretty good, and there's always a ton of materials around here, and with the sunflowers hiding things there's always a lot of treasure chests and items that most players don't bother searching out.  I'm hoping that we can get some good finds in here.

It was nice to see Hestia was having fun with the sights around here.  Even when they were doing something as quiet as searching for materials, some days it was good to just de-stress in places like this. 

Spoiler

gathering roll ID 95350
Loot die - 19, Craft die - 11
Gain 4 materials (8 total)

I arrive at the field of sunflowers as i smile happily looking around he area just admiring the view. My familiar Kuro enjoying the attention you give him as he relaxes entirely and at hearing your words the familiar seems to mull it over before looking to me as i nod my head figuring nothing bad could happen during the stay within this field while looking for materials to gather. I watch my familiar walk over to a shady spot and begin resting as i smile at the cute little spot as i then turn to you. Yeah i know what you mean benjamin just enjoying the beauty of nature is always something relaxing and calming for the soul. Not many people do it i would imagine since they are more preoccupied with trying to survive this little death game. I say in a bit of a sad tone at that fact that nobody seems to stop and enjoy the world possibly. Knowing i use to be one such person until Itzal shook me out of that.

Yea... that's one of my favorite parts about specializing in finding materials.  You get to go see all the different parts of the floors, explore all the scenery, and basically earn col for doing so.  I mean, there are some downsides like finding out that the fifth floor is a nightmare of heat and suffering that should never be walked for enjoyment at all, but overall the places to gather from are nice.  Ben said as he searched through the flower beds some more.  This time he checked some of the more hidden areas near the stalks, hoping to find one of the treasure chests that sometimes popped up around here.  And getting lucky as he almost bumped into one!  Oh hey, check it out!  Looks like we found more than just materials out here! He checked his inventory once more, sad that he hadn't gotten any lock picking skills yet.  There still were a lot of things he had to pick up for his chosen role, but at least they were getting lucky today with their finds. 

Spoiler

Treasure chest search - roll ID 95364
Treasure chest found!

I nod my head at that with a smile knowing that is a bonus in truth that you will get to see all the sights the game has to offer for players if you go to gather materials quite frequently. After a bit of walking i do smile at seeing the chest, but does get reminded i am with a new player as i pat you on the back. Why don't you open the chest Benjamin trust me that is a safer option. I say not wishing for the monster to spawn at my level when i go to open it if i did. Knowing that if it is a mimic and you open it you will be the one the level is set to rather then me. I look over towards my familiar who is still napping peacefully as i know i should be fine in theory as since the chance of it happening is insanely low. WIth that i just sit in the fields and just looks at the chest waiting for the results of the opening to happen.

OK... here I go. Ben said as he carefully popped open the chest, flinching back as he did so, just in case there was any trouble.  It seemed to pop open easily enough, and upon looking inside he was... underwhelmed. A couple of materials, some col, and a couple items that probably aren't worth the cost to identify.  You interested in any of them?  I probably will just be selling the consumables otherwise, seeing as J have a good amount of crafting ability already. he said as he stood off and brushed the dirt he had gotten all over his pants off.  At least it wasn't a mimic, though one of those might have dropped more col.

He headed on over to where Kuro was sleeping to give him another scratch before he headed out to search some more- no sense in trying to look around while disappointed.  Stupid chest.

Spoiler

Opening chest roll ID 95391

Loot die - 7

100 col, 2 materials, 2 uncommon consumables

I see you open the chest without any trouble meaning that it wasn't a mimic at the very least. Well you can keep the things you got in the chest benjamin they are not worth me taking them when you need them more. I say in a kind tone of voice as i pat you gently on the back as i walk along with you around the field just enjoying the moment. SO how much have you found so far in terms of materials Benjamin? I ask curiously wondering what you are at in trying to find things. I look over towards Kuro who seems very content and happy at he small pet you give him while he is resting totally peacefully curled up with his wings around him to serve like a blanket to cover his face from the sun at the minimum. I look around the area making sure to keep my senses sharp encase anybody or anything could come to attack the two of us.

Well, with the materials from the chest as well, that brings me up to 10 in total.  That's at least what I was hoping to find at the minimum, though it would always be nicer to have more.  I thought maybe we could check out the field a bit more, then head back to town?  Mostly on account of not wanting to get back after dark. Ben said as he scratched Kuro a bit more.  It actually had been a very good haul for the time they were out here, and he could always head out elsewhere once he needed more materials again.  This has actually turned out a lot more fun than I thought it would be.  I'll have to come back to this part of the floor next time I'm looking- or head out to find some new, unexplored places.  I've been trying to check some of the higher floors as well, since you can occasionally find a sub-dungeon on them.  I figure the maps to those will be a good way to get a group for a quest- or to sell for a bit on the side.  You ever go down one of those sub-dungeons before?

Spoiler

Gathering roll ID 95400
Loot die - 3, nothing

Actually i haven't done a sub-dungeon before, but it has been on my to do list just haven't found a group that had a map or was willing you know? Now if i find a person with a map who is willing to allow a tank like myself to tag along then i will for sure do one. I say rather cheerfully and happily at the idea of going down and seeing what a dungeon is like. Wondering if their is traps also within dungeons or not. I can only hope so to make it more interesting for dungeons since it would be a bit boring if it was all only monsters. I then look towards the person as we walk through the fields. So then Benjamin what quests have you actually done? I ask curiously wondering what quests have been done if any. Not really knowing anything of what you had done besides the fact you have done earning a living since you are able to craft.