[F3-PP] <Feeding the Enemy> FInding something familiar

Several weeks ago, Benjamin had been approached by a weird NPC on the first floor, while he was gathering his first few materials for crafting.  So, you're going on out there without help, are you?  Well, there are ways to bring yourself more strength in your journey.  A way to make monsters fight on your side for once...she explained as the new quest was added to Ben's HUD.

Of course, not having the room to add a new familiar skill meant he kept on delaying actually going after the quest for a while.  Until today, actually.  He had sent a message to his friend Froppy to meet him on the third floor, outside of the Forest of Wavering Mists.  The forest was full of different types of bugs that he could choose to be his familiar.  It was time to make some friends.  Or at least get himself a new caterpillar friend to help him craft a few things at his store. 

@Froppy

Tsu had been busy lately after opening up her shop, despite there being few customers. Just Tsu liked to keep things nice and tidy. When she got the message from Ben to meet him outside the forest on floor 3, Tsu dropped what she was doing and left her shop, leaving the doors locked behind her as she headed for the floor teleporter. "It hasn't been that long since I've seen, Ben. It'll be good to get to know him better, ribbit.Tsu said to herself nefore she warped down to the third floor.

Tsu stepped out of the floor 3 teleporter and made her way to the forest of wavering mists, where she saw Ben standing. "Hey Ben. Thanks for inviting me to go with you, ribbit. So, what kind of familiar were you hoping to get, ribbit?Tsu asked as she walked up to him, giving him a quick wave as she arrived.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Well, I have been hoping for a bug to help keep me company while I make things.  Preferably, a caterpillar.  They're really helpful support familiars, and quite frankly just adorable.  I have done some research, and this forest is the most likely place to find something like that- giant bugs.  We just have to avoid some of the big spiders that tend to prey on the little guys. he explained as he looked into the misty parts of the forest.  His map didn't yet show him what the paths looked like, and wouldn't until they actually explored them.  It would be a bit dangerous, but at least he had someone else to travel with.  So, that's the plan then.  You still up for it?

Oh, and I still haven't asked how you have been doing- sorry, rude of me.  I saw that McFroppy's had just opened up, though I haven't gotten a chance to stop by.  How has it been going?  Any difficulty keeping up with your orders? 

Tsu was found it interesting that someone wanted a bug for a familiar, specifically a caterpillar. It was a weird idea, but Tsu had seen weirder familiars, like Kairi's mimic familiar. "A caterpillar huh? That's an odd, but good choice, ribbit. If I ever get a familiar, I'll go for a frog, since a lot of people call me one or say I look like one, ribbit.Tsu said, thinking about what hers would be when she would inevitably take this quest. Tsu put her hands behind her back and looked at Ben's map, noticing it didn't show any paths. He asked if she was still up for it, and Tsu nodded her head. "Of course I am, ribbit. Just don't let me die and I'll follow you for as long as you need me to, rrrrrrribbit.Tsu answered, bowing slightly after doing so. Ben asked her how her shop was going and if she was busy, and Tsu sighed. "Well, I haven't been busy at all, ribbit My grand opening was a flop, and I have yet to have an actual customer, ribbit.Tsu said, looking down at the ground for a few seconds before looking back up at Ben, "So, how have you been, rrrrrrrrrribbit?

@Benjamin Bookworm

Benjamin gave Froppy a warm smile as he showed her the map more closely.  Been good Tsu.  I have just been trying to get a familiar, finally, so I can really start with my crafting- this will be my final step.  Hopefully once that happens, I'll actually get my first customer. 

Um, anyways, we do have to go into the forest in order for the maps to reveal the area.  Otherwise the mists will cover everything up so it's hard to see.  It should be OK as long as we don't get lured off too far.  Ben said as he started walking into the forest.  The mists were as thick as the last time he was here, and this time he would have to go much further in there.  He walked past a few of the trees, glancing back to make sure that Tsu was keeping up.  Let's keep an eye out for some bugs today.  Um, you would be OK with taking out a spider or two if we have to force our way in, right? 

Tsu wasn't too surprised that Ben was getting a familiar to help him with his crafts. The two main enhancements for familiars was pure damage or crafting. When Tsu would get hers, she would probably opt for the crafting enhancement. She would need it if she ever wanted to pick up her business fast. "Yeah, I'll probably do the same. Then I can get my first customer too, rrrrrribbit.Tsu said in agreement with Ben.

Tsu wasn't too worried when Ben told her that there would be mist that would make it hard to see. "Well, I'll just stay close to you, ribbit. I would rather not get seperated from you out here, since you have the map, rrribbit.Tsu said, moving in a little bit closer to Ben as she followed him, just to be safe. Ben asked her if she was okay with taking out some spiders if they have to force their way through, and Tsu shook her head. "I can't help with that, ribbit. I'm only level 2. I'd end up getting stuck in the spider's webs, ribbit. My tongue can take care of the little spiders instantly, or any other pests for that matter, so I can help with that, ribbit.Tsu explained, before sticking her tongue all the way out, it going about a little over a foot long out of her mouth. She put it back in, and giggled a little bit. "There isn't too much I can do really, sorry, rrrrrribbit.Tsu apologized.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Ben nodded- he had not been aware of just how low of a level Tsu was.  That meant that they would have to be a bit more careful, and keep clear of anything big.  All right, none of the big things if we can help it.  Gotcha. he said as he led them both down one of the paths.  He went slowly, keeping his eyes peeled for any movement, until he saw some coming from the right side of the trees, off the path. 

There we go, I see something already.  Let's take a look... Ben said as he carefully made his way off the path.  As they made their way through the mists, they ended up in a small clearing of the woods.  Luckily, there wasn't any spiders (that could be seen) around here- just a lot of logs, mushrooms, and a handful or smaller bugs crawling around.  Not big enough for me to take as a familiar... but this looks like a good place to start looking around.  Just be careful, OK?

Tsu followed Ben closely, still feeling just slightly guilty that she was holding him back from fighting things. A fly started to buzz around her, and it got irritating quickly. Tsu stuck her tongue out and smacked the fly down once it was near her, and it fell to the floor immediately. "Sorry for not telling you my level, ribbit. If you want to fight spiders, I can leave, ribbit.Tsu apologized again, still staying close to Ben.

Tsu followed Ben off of the path into a clearing, where there seemed to be an abundance of mushrooms, logs, and small creatures. It was pretty, but it would be slightly difficult to spot any caterpillars. Ben told her this would be a good spot to look, but just be careful. "Alright. I'll stay safe, ribbit. It's not like some big spider can swoop down and take us out. I'll just stay away from the logs, ribbit.Tsu said, joking a little bit about the giant spider. Nothing really looking like a caterpillar could be seen, so Tsu moved on, keeping her tongue in her mouth now.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Um, well, I didn't really want to fight anything big either.  Just wanted to know what the situation would be if something did show up.  Charging into a big bunch of enemies would probably be a bad choice.  Heck, I'd actually prefer just looking around here for whatever we can find.  Might even find some crafting stuff or a treasure chest if we're lucky.  Though be careful about the trees- some of the spiders do swoop down around here, I'm told. Ben said with a bit of trepidation.  This place was spooky for him as well, with danger all about.  Still, there was a reason he was here.  Ben checked some of the logs, looking for a trail to follow, or at least a sign of what he was looking for. 

Luckily, one of the logs had a nest of leaves under it, and a bit of slimey muck leading into the forest.  Looks like we have a lead- this way!

Tsu was a bit relieved that Ben didn't want to fight anything too big either. With her first aid skill, all she could do would be to heal him while he fought off spiders. Although the way he mentioned that spiders can swoop down and get them got Tsu a bit on edge. Looking up the trees, Tsu took a few steps away from beneath one of the bigger trees. She felt something land on her, and smacked it with her tongue immediately, but it was just another fly. "So, I'll just stay a little more closer to you then, ribbit. I'm already worried enough now, so I'll stop asking questions. But if we end up fighting a giant spider, I can heal you from behind, ribbit.Tsu said as she looked underneath a few rocks to see if there was a caterpillar nest underneath. There wasn't any caterpillar nests, just one ant hill underneath a rock. Tsu heard Ben shout out that he found a lead, so she got up and followed him immediately, going back to staying close by.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Yea, that might be a good idea.  We should be getting close soon... he whispered as he followed the trail past a couple of the larger trees in the area.  Tsu was keeping close to him with the threat of something popping out, which he was glad of.  Having someone else who could heal him would be nice if things really hit the fan.  At least she seemed OK as long as they were close.  As he crept his way forward with her in tow, he started seeing more and more larger spider webs up ahead.  The trail had come this way, but maybe it wasn't worth the danger, and they should turn back.  Except he heard something up ahead.  Something that sounded like an insect in trouble.  Tsu, that sounds like a bug up ahead.  Let's go see if we can make some friends! he said with a smile.  Just be careful and stick behind me, I'll keep watch for anything big. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tsu followed Ben along the trail, still a little bit worried about the chance of something jumping at out them and attacking. An over looming threat like this just made Tsu uneasy, as it was nearly impossible to predict when something would happen. As they walked more and more spider webs were around the path. They were either getting to a nest of spiders, or there were just a ton of them in this area. Tsu heard the same sound as Ben, and it definitely sounded like an insect was in trouble. He said that they would see if they can make some friends, referring to the insect. Ben warned her to just stick behind him and Tsu nodded. "Sure thing, I hope we can help out the little guy, ribbit. Worst case scenario, it's a spider. But we can handle it, ribbit.Tsu said as she started to walk a little bit faster in the direction of the sound.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Ben walked towards the sounds as well, hoping that he was right about what he thought the sound was.  He ducked under a few of the webs as he did so, checking back a few times to make sure Tsu was there with him.  He peered through the mists as he went, trying to see what was up ahead.  The sounds got louder as he got closer... until he caught sight of something struggling in one of the webs that drew across the trees.  It was a caterpillar- one that looked a bit more than a foot long, and trying to get itself out of the webbing.  Just what we were looking for!  OK... Tsu, can you see if you can cut down some of the strands of the web that it's stuck in?  I don't see anything else here, and I want to try and calm the little guy down before that changes. he said as he crept forward towards the insect, his daggers put away so not to scare him.

@Froppy

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm