[f1-SP] material non combat gathering] exploring the world and finding materials.

She ran out into the snowy fields.

"Okay I don't know what I'll be but I want to give my best. She walked out to the fields where she searched around for her first quest and started digging into the ground looking for anything she could use for being an alchemist later. Potions would be ideal to make in a world where heath was so important. Was this how a doctor felt. Would take make her a doctor. She stopped when she realized this. Her parents entered her mind. It's what they wanted her to be and she couldn't wait. She slowly fell on her knees thinking about it, and then shook her head and looked at the ground looking for some materials instead. Tears fell down her face. She hated everything her mother stood for and yet she was who she was because of that person. Being oppressed made her spread her wings and fly away. She rubbed her eyes and she kept looking.

Word count 165
ID# 95787 results 14

Edited by Reinka
rolling

She thought about it. She had been reading a pamphlet on the two job classes. One was geared more towards healing, while the other was healing and debuffs. She often wondered which would be more useful to people. On the one hand, she could use an Alchemist Crystal and be able to freely attack, while it would take her a turn to use the crystal song recording. That one attack meant a difference to her, and everything in regards to health a performer could do an alchemist just seemed to do it better. She didn’t think that lowering the stats on a monster was too important, it was too small of a chance when weapons did just that. Besides tanks would want an enemy to hit them with thorns right? She growled and laid down for a second.

“I shouldn’t think about this. I’ll be an alchemist. It doesn’t mean I’m a doctor, no, I use mystical gaming abilities I don’t give people shots.” She remembered her own doctor and smiled. “She made me feel good.” She sat up and started looking for more materials.

Word count 185
ID# 95804 results: 14

Edited by Reinka
roll

She sucked air through her teeth seething. She dusted the snow off her legs and went under an outcropping of trees. She sat under it and a small bundle of snow dropped on her head. She dusted off again with a smile and looked over the pine needles and sat curiously on the tree. She kept searching for more materials as she thought about the doctor she was friends with back at home. She was the one who showed her how to make a garden and take care of herbs to cook with, and what herbs did what for medical purposes.  People thought she was a hack doctor, and worthless, but she didn’t use natural medications unless her patient asked for it. Mostly because that was the ethical response to it. She hummed the more she thought about her friend. It was nice to have someone as kind as her as a doctor.

“Thank you for swaying my view.” She kept digging around the tree.

Word count 163
ID# 95807 results: 19

Edited by Reinka

“Way to go you brought me some luck doc. Instead of proving my parents right, how about I use what you taught me in this world. I like gardening anyway so it’ll be okay right? This is because of you, not them.”

She smiled for a moment then felt bad she thought that. Her parents were likely the ones keeping her alive, but what if they weren’t? She closed her eyes upset at that thought. Who would keep her alive? Wouldn’t her manager move on? Her friends maybe. That could be, but that meant it’d be only a matter of time, or would it be? Was there a government program helping them now? One could fall into a conspiracy trap, what if they had something to do with all of this? Would that mean they’d all die? She swallowed and shook her head quickly, and placed her hand over her heart. She moved to another tree and looked around to distract her.

Would count 162

ID 95808: 8
1mat

Edited by Reinka
rolling

She brushed away more of the evergreen pine needles. They’d be better for cooking maybe. She moved out from under the tree and dusted off. She continued and looked for long grass to collect the root. Maybe she’d hunt around for some type of vegetation. She wasn’t sure if she’d find anything but she’d do her best. She realized the game might have its own materials that didn’t exist that she could use once she became an alchemist.

“I’ll have to make a manual for monsters and materials at some point. I wonder what I’ll all find out, maybe I’ll become a famous writer within the game. That’d be pretty nice now that I think about it.” She knelt down and started to pull up old weeds looking for any roots that could be salvaged. She kept looking for anything remotely living in the wintery plains. “Something had to live out here or searching will be impossible at this time.”

Word count 160
ID# 95809 results: 17
2mats

Edited by Reinka
rolling

“This is looking up I found a root that would be all right I think. Maybe. Who knows.” She went over where the apple tree was that she saw before. She looked around it.  She looked around feeling pretty cold outside again. She rubbed her arms but wasn’t deterred from looking for materials to use in her upcoming job.  She dug around the tree looking for a frozen over apple core that didn’t decompose. Was that even going to happen? Could that happen? She just kept digging around the trunk of the tree looking around for anything that might be of use. She blew hot air into her folded hands and went back to it.

“It’ll be fine, I can use the crystals to protect people in my party it’ll be great. I’ll use salves and potions and when I get better crystals.” She told herself. Being an Alchemist would make it so she could use her crystals in battle without waiting a turn.

She kept looking at the ground for anything that might be of use.

word count 177
ID# 95815 results: 10
2mats

Edited by Reinka

She kept looking for more materials. She wondered what she might call her shop. It’d be a small atelier likely. Maybe she’d name it after herself. She wondered if that’d be narcissistic. Maybe she’d call it Siren’s Tears. I mean everyone always had memes on Unicorn blood or Nyancat fart rainbow power, why not something that spoke to her but was in line with them. Another name that came to mind was something about Krakens or boats. She loved both of them.  Fortune’s Favor Atelier, or The Kraken’s Blessing. She laughed a bit enjoying the vast spread of ideas. Yet none of them really explained what it was.  She groaned a bit.

“I have to find a name that sticks that is clear on what it is at the same time. Maybe the sign for it will give it away for the player. No, I shouldn’t assume people get the hint.”

She kept searching the ground as she tried to think of a name.

Word count 164
 ID# 95822 results: 18
Mats 3

Edited by Reinka
rolling

Reinka envisioned the inside of her shop. She’d have a cauldron up front and would treat her work area as the front room. What would be cooler than seeing what looked like a witch at work? That’d be really funny.

”Black Cat Potions and Products, or maybe Black Cat Atelier? If I called it the second one they wouldn’t know what I’m working on though, but I like the ring to it. Maybe I just like the word the most.”

She kept searching. She thought of Steel and Eatos. She wanted to make them a potion or something just for fun. She wondered what they might need. Sorra too he was a pretty nice guy.” She was surprised she was making friends. Hei too for all his hard work on her ball outfit. She began to realize there were many people in her life now that she just met. That just meant she’d have to give them a Black Cat Ticket. She kept looking while she thought of her shop.

Word count 170

ID# 95825 results: 3
3mats

Edited by Reinka
rolling

She thought of a ticket based system for her shop. Maybe they’d get some kind of punch card every time they bought something. This would encourage buying smaller items to get a big item for free maybe. That’d actually be really nice, it’d generate traffic that was for sure. She might have to take extra potions with herself to show people, and salves too just in case people worried about getting poisoned. She wondered how bad monsters could get with status afflictions. She hoped no one had to worry too terribly with it.

Another thing she also had to work on was her fighting abilities, one day she’d have to face a monster sooner or later. She wasn’t sure if she’d be brave enough; she’d need more incentive, like a game on who could kill a monster first. That’d be a fun battle she assumed. Maybe fighting monsters would be better for finding materials, then again maybe not as it was a random chance.

Word count 164
ID# 95826 results: 20
4mats

Edited by Reinka

What luck she found some more materials for her shop once she’d open it. She smiled happily. With her blowing through her materials for equipment she almost had none for herself, hopefully, at this pace, she’d make a better name for herself when she started. She wondered how much material she’d blow through and hoped she could make enough to keep her shop going. Then again it sounded like you could just buy material too from shopkeepers. She’d be okay with that, though what if certain mobs dropped things she needed.

“I have to get stronger if I want to succeed. After this, I should check to see if my pirate outfit is done and then I’ll be able to strut next to Steel and we can go on another adventure, and this time I’ll do my best to clean something.” She shivered after she said that. “No, I’ve got to be careful. I have to learn and not just kill for sport.”

word count 163
 ID# 95836 results: 3
4 mats

Edited by Reinka
roll

She didn’t want to get in over her head and realized she stopped paying attention.

“Shoot I’m here to look for materials stupid me.” She sighed and hit herself on the head.

She started digging around to look for anything that seemed usable again. This time thinking about the salves she could use to help others on their quest. She’d have a bunch ready to use on her person as well mostly in case someone needed them. She thought of cute designs for her bottles and just kept searching while she was a little distracted.

“I can already see it in my mind, hmph, even if I hated the idea before. I already knew what I wanted. I wanted to make sure my friends had the healing they needed.”

She kept searching hoping to cure them of any ailments and wounds from battle. She was happy to know nothing was permanent. Accept….One thing.

Word count 153 
ID# 95848 results:19
Mats 5

Edited by Reinka

“Ah, another one to add to the collection, good.” She tucked that one away and kept searching. “Maybe I’ll try to get a cat familiar or something. I heard it was possible to get pets in this game.” She kept working hard as she talked out loud.

“Ha, maybe it’ll be part fish a catfish, oh jeez that’s so lame, but I want one now. Good thing I’m not a performer or I’d name the cat tuna.” She giggled a bit at her own lame jokes.

Reinka let out a sigh and was shocked. She was finally having a good time and joking about her situation. She felt like she was getting used to this hell as her reality. She took in a deep breath and kept looking for more material. “I need more or I’ll be fresh out before I start and I can’t have that it won’t do anyone good if I can’t make anything.” She focused.

Word count 158
 ID# 95851 results: 13
5mats

Edited by Reinka

She saw a sapling and reached for it. As she pulled it out of the ground the item shattered in her hand. She stared and grabbed at the blue fragments but it vanished.

“I didn’t handle it very nicely did I. How stupid of me.” She sighed annoyed at herself.

She shifted her body and laid down and kept looking under the trees for anything that might work. The game didn’t seem to care that it was winter. She wondered if there were any winter like mushrooms or something else she might be able to use. A birds feather maybe, would that be silly? No, she played more video games that did strange stuff like that to create items.

“I wonder if that’s how the game works. I can’t wait to give it a go later. I guess I could just avoid conflict in general if I keep to my shop and collecting items. As long as nothing sneaks up on me.”

word count 162 
ID# 95854 results: 8
5mats

Edited by Reinka

She scratched her back a bit. It itched from all the pine needles. She huffed annoyed at it and moved to find another spot to search. This one wasn’t yielding anything. She brushed the needles off and thought about making a nettle tea. She wondered if there was a tea shop someplace. Reinka then looked up at the sky as it started to snow.

“It seems to be so real. I almost want it to be.” She worried about that, if it was real she might get more reckless.

What would be easier? Pretending it was real. That might be a mental disorder. Maybe she’d have a talk about it with someone. Though she felt embarrassed for thinking about.

“I should just keep looking for materials.” She sighed trying to keep herself in check.

she looked down between the trees instead of the field again. She just liked being around something taller than herself in case she had to hide.

Word count 161

ID# 95865 results: 8
5mats

Edited by Reinka

Reinka began to wonder more what battling would be like. Several have already died according to the monument. Yet she wondered if that data existed could that mean those people exist in some way as well? No, it was explained they would fry instantly. She cringed and quickly covered her ears and slammed her eyes shut. The mental image she had of it disturbed her extremely.
She couldn’t tell if her thoughts numbed her or if it was the howling wind that numbed her.

“Everything feels so real.”

If that was true would the potions and like taste bad to most people. Maybe there would be a way to make it taste good.

“Hm, I’ll have to look for something that can taste like honey later, but I’m sure it’ll be guarded by monsters.” She said with worry.

She still wanted to try it in case potions tasted terrible like actual medication.

Post count 152  
ID# 95866 results: 6

Edited by Reinka

What would happen if she failed a potion though? What might it turn into? A vanity item. What could vanity medication possible be? It’d be too bitter or poison, but poison would be useful so it didn’t become that. She thought to herself longer about it.

“It’d have a fragrance or maybe be fermented. So it’d either be a cologne of ale.” Ale was mostly cooking but she could see a potion going bad and becoming ale as a vanity item. That would be interesting. “Or maybe it’ll end up tasting like soap water, wait soap water could be useful for having fresh smelling clothing, so kind of like a cologne maybe.”

She laughed at how innovated that was. Something that silly wouldn’t be in a game would it? Still , she liked the idea of selling perfume or cologne should the need arise, it’d just be a nice gift for someone especially if they liked the shape of bottles. Why did those things always look kind of cool anyway?

Word count 169  
ID# 95867 results: 8

Edited by Reinka

She wondered what she would do with the crystals that came out wrong though, they couldn’t be used for much, maybe soap or wishing stones? She’d have to think about it.

“I could have them be reike stones or pendulum crystals. Maybe even a crystal ball. Now that I think about it there’s a lot I could do with it. I’m no artisan but it’d be nice to have. I wonder if I could get commissioned a tarot deck at some point. Nah, people would find that strange wouldn’t they.” She bowed her head in dismay as she kept looking for more materials. “What floor would I even put the shop on it’s not like I’m brave enough to go very far yet, but I’ll have to.”

She’d have to have steel help her leave the normal levels first. Maybe show her how to fight.

“I won’t kill for sport. I can only do it for the materials, and I have to be careful I don’t get myself in a bad spot.”

word count 172
 ID# 95882 results:8

Edited by Reinka
roll

There was also another quest she had her thoughts on. One was something about a queen. She heard it had to do with a wasp or large bee. Which could be where she could find her honey for her potions, if it was a bee at least, maybe it’d drop honey anyway that would be nice. There was also a familiar quest that sounds adorable to try. She wondered what she could have or if it was somehow based on the player.

“I have good luck, maybe a rabbit, or a cat, or a kitsune. I heard you can get dragons, but I haven’t seen a single one so far, but we’ll see.” She got excited about her next quest, she might be lucky enough to find one without having to fight anything. She’d have to look at the quest later, or her notes. For now, she kept looking at the ground with hope.

Word count 154 
ID# 95883 results:4

Edited by Reinka

The sun was going down and the crisp air was starting to get to her.

“I’ll have to go back soon.” She saw the breath leave her mouth.

She was surprised to see it and reached out at the fog but then it was gone. She then opened up the menu to look at the quests that she had taken notes on. Scrolling down her notepad document. It was called feeding the enemy. Seems there would be a lot of killing involved if she wanted to get one that aided her in battle. She was hoping to have it be used as a store assistant as well.

“What if I don’t get a black cat, maybe Kitsune Potions,  Kitsune Atelier?” She was trying to find a nice ring to it. “The Dusk Kitsune.” She thought remembering Kitsune usually were white but what if she managed to catch one that wasn’t? She smiled at the idea and kept looking.

word count 159 
 ID# 95884 results:12

Edited by Reinka

“That’s it, it’s way too cold.”

She held herself and started to go back to the main town. Her feet sank slightly in the snow. It had been snowing for a while and it was all over her hair and shoulders. She hugged herself closer, her teeth chattering loudly.

“Someone turn the heat up please.” She groaned.” She looked around where she was. “One more look before I head in.”

She searched the ground she was on just outside of the town entrance and checked where there was normally flowers.  She sneezed and wondered if it was possible to get a cold in a video game.

“It’s all in your head.” Yet she understood how the nerve gear worked so could it make you sick too? “you better not I haven’t been sick since I was a kid.” She huffed annoyed at the idea of possibly being sick before her journey really began. She kept checking the ground.

Word Count 158 
ID# 95885 results:14

Edited by Reinka