[PP-F5] The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly- COMPLETE

Trinoko nodded to Kane and said "Happily." He snatched up the dropped loot without issue, including the former items of the PK himself and said "Then off we go." He chuckles and steps through the gate along with Kane before it disappeared, eager to return the stolen items to the one who hired them, along with a bonus. What better way to prove they had gotten the job done? He had never been to the iron fortress before so he hoped they didn't plan to lock them up as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As they stepped through the warp gate, the world turned blue around them. Kane was holding onto Fukushu's collar like a parent holding an impudent child. Stepping through, the party found themselves in the dark interior of the first floor's major landmark, the Black Iron Palace. Recently, a group of Players who were attempting to set up a form of government had occupied the Palace, using it as a holding cell to house PK'ers and dangerous criminals.

A pair of lance wielding guardsmen in heavy steel armor confronted them as they stepped through. "Halt! Who goes there?" Kane threw Fukushu down onto the floor, then brought up his quest marker for the guards to see. "I'm Kane, this is Trinoko. And this murderer is Fukushu, a wanted PK'er from the fifth floor. We're here to turn him in." The guards looked over his quest marker. "All the evidence points to this being true. We'll make sure he doesn't hurt anyone else. If you find any more PK'ers, drag 'em back here. If you capture any really notorious ones, there might be a reward."

Kane watched as the guards dragged Fukushu away kicking and yelling. "This isn't over!" His voice carried down the hall, until they rounded a corner, and he could be heard no more.

Trinoko smiled and waved as their friend the PK was dragged away, sighing softly when it was all done and handled. "It's never really over." He chuckles softly and shrugs "At least until we hit that top floor!" He stretched and takes a few steps away from the fortress, looking over at Kane. "So, think our employer will come to use or shall I just throw all these into a mailbox and let it go from there?" He chuckles, not exactly wanting these suspicious items on him for too long if possible. "But we did good today." He grins, glad to stop a murderer, and spare a life all in one.

Kane chuckled, shaking his head as they made their way out of the Black Iron Palace. Stepping outside, he noticed that the air inside had been twenty degrees colder at least. Huh. "We should take the warp gate at the center of the city back up to Armadillo, and return Daisuko's friends' gear. As for his own weapons and armor, you can keep the Light Lamellar if you want. I'd sell the rest, since neither of us uses axes. Should go for around... 800 all together, so 400 each if we sell the weapons. Sound good?"

Trinoko nodded and said "That sounds good to me. I wouldn't mind selling them." The hatchets could prove some use, but he didn't feel comfy fighting with a murder weapon so he was willing to part with them without a second thought. "Ah, and as for the armor..." He taps through his inventory and brings it out "I don't think it's my style. Though I could see having it melted down into a different suit of armor." He grins mischievously. "Funny. He was going to melt -my- weapons down." He laughs.

Kane laughed along with him as they walked towards the warp gate in the middle of the city. The streets around them were bustling as NPCs and Players alike traded goods, and swapped stories in the busy marketplaces. "Well, you should take it to a smith and see if they can re-forge it into something your style and speed. Or, if you melt it down into something I can have made into heavy armor, I'd trade you some leather crafting materials if that's more your thing."

Trinoko chuckled and said "If I were to have this thing melted down, it would be made into some light armor I think. Though some leather may not be bad for what I have planned." He grins and says "You don't -need- to give me anything of course. And if you would rather get some better armor, it's all yours." He shrugged "Though let's be honest. Who needs it more?" He gave a wink. They moved through the busy town, wondering if they were going to just sell the weapons right here and now or if they were going to do it in Armadillo. Either way made little difference. "Now if only we could split this thing in two. One to you and one to me."

They had almost reached the warp gate. Kane shook his head. "That's absurd, of course you need it more. Take the light armor, I'll just take whatever Col we get from selling the weapons up on the fifth floor. We should sell 'em there, Players on those levels will be in need of better equipment than those down here. Hopefully these weapons will do some good yet."

As they stepped through the warp gate, Kane could feel the climate change back to the desert. They were back. He sent a message to Daisuko, asking him to meet them out in fron tof the tavern. When they arrived, he was slouching against the building as if in deep thought, but he brightened up when he saw them. "So, I-I take it that he's, umm, been dealt with?" Kane nodded, then gestured to Trinoko. "We recovered your friends' gear. It's not much, but it's something to honor their memory."

Trinoko nodded and sent the items over to Daisuko, glad they could give him the items rather than let them remain with the killer. "We locked him up in the fortress, he won't be bothering anybody." He figured it was the right thing to do, not having any desire to add to the deathcount, and he was sure that is why he gave them the portal rather than just telling them to go ahead and end it. With everything done, the best thing the two of them could do he thought was leave the player to grieve.

Daisuko sniffled, accepting the items. "Thank you, both of you. I'll send over the Col to your accounts immediately. I'm... glad that there was no more bloodshed." As he headed back inside the tavern, Kane flopped down on a bench outside the building, his HP still not back at full. "Well, I think we can say that was a job well done. So what's your tomorrow look like? Didn't you say something about collecting materials?" (Leads into "That Stings")

Trinoko nodded with a chuckle "Indeed. If you are interested in that, keep an eye out for a hunting request up in the sixth floor. That's where I am planning to get my work done." He shrugs a bit to note his hesitance, doubting he was going to rush things very much if he could avoid it. "I'll be around there collecting maps and things, I have a veeeery specific foe in mind." He grins mischievously, leaving it a mystery to Kane to add a bit of intrigue.

Trinoko nodded in pure agreement and waves to Kane happily "And the same to you, friend! 'til then!" he says before heading off to the nearby teleporter... after selling the equipment in his inventory and sending Kane his portion of the Col of course! From there he headed to the sixth floor and got to work studying the area.