[PP - F03] A Different Kind of Friend << Search for the Hoya >>

Kairi had taken a deep breathe, the dance was over and a new day was upon everyone... however Kairi after the dance had felt... unsure, a little empty in her mind about things. Especially from seeing Kimi and Hestia... well, kissing, she had been more confused than ever and she had just needed to pull her life back together or at least forge a rebirthing of her life. However, today just to attempt to get her mind off of things she had just wanted to get a quest done before she would hit Tier 2, and hopefully to meet someone to ensure that her mind is off other things, or try to find someone that she could talk to. Making her way to the player request board and made a post:

Hey! My name is Kairi, and I am looking for someone to do the << Search for the Hoya >> quest with me just to get my mind off things, I have quite a bit on my mind and I just wish to calm down.

I'll be around, just look for a short girl with brown hair wearing a cute outfit, with a large... well, you'll know. Also look for a Mimic familiar!

After making a direct post she had made her way to a bench to sit, her familiar scuttling next to her and went into "Chest mode" and acted like a normal treasure chest.

@Embers

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day after the 'special' day, and Embers had enjoyed it her way. Killing monsters. She knew thre was some ball/gala event, but she'd never cared for things like that. The emotional relationship between people always fell apart, trust was critical and it was never there. As someone who had established a sense of self-desire, she had no need for outsiders. She could do her own thing and be happy, other people were usually just issues that got in the way. 

Today was, in theory, one of those days. She had seen the image by the player Kairi. She frowned, the hell was that quest? She'd never heard of it, and shrugged. She may as well get the experience from the quest. She checked her equipment. Black 'Reaper' Armour that made her look like an armoured Grim Reaper. Check. Her Scythe of Dread. Check. Smirking, the girl walked towards the quest. Would she find this Kairi? 

Turns out, she found the familiar first. However, Embers being an outsider to gaming, had no idea what a mimic was. So when she spotted a check, she couldn't not walk to it. She'd seen them before, and was unaware it wasn't loot and was a familiar. She frowned looking at the chest, before reaching forwards unaware that Kairi was, probably, right there "Hella weird place for a chest to be..." She'd mutter to herself, unaware the chest was alive. 

Kairi today was wearing her Battle Princess outfit, which was the main reason she had said to look for the cute outfit, however she had worry about someone not being able to find her. So she had felt like now would be a good time to feed her familiar. Kairi opening her inventory had gotten out a plate and a small chest, in which she had placed vanity jewelry upon and placed it down on the grown. Karona had let out a few sniffing sounds before it had gotten out of its disguise and its chest had opened and a large tongue had shot open as it had let out a small "Bleh!" Letting out a giggle Kairi had watched her familiar wrap its tongue around the gems that she had placed on the chest and moving the tongue back into its shell for it to be devoured, she had done this in hopes that someone would see her message a moment ago and was looking for her, however it wouldn't be long until he had finished his small meal that she could provide to him.

@Embers

Embers armoured hand got closer and closer to the chest. Part of her mind was still curious about WHY it was just hanging out here, in the middle of town with players around. BUT hey, no point complaining. However, that's when the chest opened its mouth and the girls hand shot backwards! The hell?! Out of nothing more than instinct, she made her hands into fists and almost punched at it. Thankfully, her brain quickly realized the chest, while alive, was no threat as she took a deep breath. She looked up at the girl who was feeding the chest, gems? The hell did she stumble upon? That's when her crimson eyes saw her outfit, and Embers smirked. She wasn't the smartest, but this girl, well...'cute' was one word for her. Embers brain made a few different ones.

"The hell is that thing? That chest is like...alive!" As a country girl and someone who spent her free time, back in the real world, exploring and hiking. Mimics were an alien concept to her. Why the hell would a chest, be alive?

After a moment of getting one bite, he had smelled something peculiar, sniffing forward he had smelled another being... however this being smelled... like it was shocked, surprised, maybe even scared. Karona had let out some sort of grumble and turned its body to face the player in which the smell had came from. Kairi had looked down at Karona with a questioned look till she had looked up to a woman with a hourglass figure standing before her. Kairi had smiled and patted his head "It's alright Karona, just probably someone that had saw my message." Karona had grumbled and turned to face his food once more and it tongue had shot out grabbing all the gems to be sure none of them get taken or anything. Kairi had stood up from the bench she had been sitting on and faced the woman saying out to her with a smile "I take it you have seen the message I put on the player request board?" she had extended a hand forward and said "I'm Kairi, and thats Karona."

@Embers

The red-haired girl looked from the chest, to the girl who seemed to 'own' it. She was still slightly reeling from the fact the chest was alive and, well, ate stuff! What the hell had she just walked into? She moved her crimson eyes from the 'familiar', to its owner. Before even a word was spoken, Embers' eyes roamed. It was impossible not too. The girl standing before her was cute, the kind she didn't see in this game, but the ones who she'd used to play games with out at bars. Part it was her outfit that left very little to the imagination, and her girlish 'cute' face was always something that lured her in. She couldn't help herself from it. 

The girl introduced herself as Kairi...Embers mind quickly remembered the sign, so this was the girl who had wanted help? And that chest thing was a...mimic? Was that the word? She couldn't remember fully. "Yeah, i ran into it alrighty. Figured why not. At least i'm happy to say, i think i made the right call" She said, stretching her arms out. She had no idea what the quest was, but with this 'Kairi' looking cute, even if it was just watching, it would be enough...for now.

"So the hell is this Hoya quest or whatever?" She asked, leaning up against a stone wall nearby. Sitting down, with a scythe on her back, was just a pain. As she waited for a reply, her mind chimed up about the orignal message. 'She wants to get her minds off things? She seems fine, not upset, nor absent. The hells wrong wtih the cute one?'

Kairi had smiled and giggled a little bit after her first comment, then she had tilted her head and asked of her "Well... what is your name?" she had asked her as she had forgotten to speak of her name, however she did not accept the handshake where she had shrugged it off, not everyone would want to shake hands or something like that. Then she had asked what the hell the quest was, then in her mind she had thought that she had been upset about something herself, however she had eventually spoken out "Weeelll, from what I have heard about the quest deep within the forest on this floor is a tomb in which a gemstone necklace can be found, however the forest is a sort of maze, and at the entrance of the tomb are two Minotaur guardians, however I had heard it was easy enough, I just didn't want to go alone because I just wanted someone to keep thoughts from me or just to get my mind off of things." she had rubbed the back of her head chuckling nervously.

@Embers

She realized too late that a, she'd completely missed Kairi offered her hand and b, she hadn't actually introduced herself. Again! She just kept, forgetting, getting lost in the moment, planning around stuff just didn't feel right. So instead, she said the first thing on her mind...most of the time. "It's Embers. Your little familiar there just, caught me by surprise..." She said. It was the closest she'd ever get to a 'i made a social error', partly because Embers didn't care much for the 'social' rules that most people obeyed. They were limiting, boring. 

Listening to Kairi explain the quest, honestly it didn't sound too hard. Go to a maze, beat maze and kill the guard. Pretty by the numbers quest, one she'd done before. Go to place, kill thing, return. "Well, you've got me with ya now Kairi" She said, standing up to her full height of 6'0. She looked down at Kairi, she realized that standing her full height, the other girl was just so short...And her armour did little to stop her eyes getting a top-down view of her chest. A view, if Embers was honest, was rather pleasant. "So lets get this quest done eh cutie? I'll look after ya" The irony of saying this was, Embers was just level 14. Despite standing, and acting like a giant, a slint ting of fear arrived in her chest. If these bosses were too strong, she'd die for some cute thing in clothes. Well, not the first time she was in trouble for some cute looking person. 

After a moment, she had introduced herself to be Embers, and explain it was because of her familiar it had caught her off guard and by surprise, Kairi had let out a small giggle saying out to her shortly after "Surprised? He's a weird familiar choice, that is for sure. However what you saw him is not his typical meal, he typically fights with me... and well, he eats the monsters." she had informed her that way she wouldn't be shocked later. Kairi had looked up as she had stood way taller than her probably almost by a whole foot if you asked her, however she had said that she had her now and called her a cutie, blushing a little bit she had said to her "Alright, I appreciate it." she had giggled. She had turned around and moved forward towards the coordinates of the maze, however she had said out to her as they had walked "It sounds simple enough... h-however I don't have map data of the maze so we might get lost... so I hope you dont mind if we have to camp for a day." she had giggled.

@Embers

Embers frowned a little, but shrugged off the fact the chest was alive and would eat their opponenets. She'd seen 'normal' familiars, and she'd also seen familiars like dragons and now a chest. The capacities of them, well, that's was on their owner. As long as the damn chest didn't try and eat HER, she wasn't too stressed. If it did, well, her scythe could clean up anything that threatened her. She glanced at Kairi, but she couldn't tell if the girl caught onto what she said or not. In part, it wasn't a surprise. Flirting with a cute girl always has the issue , that they assumed she was being nice. In part, it was that. Kairi was cute, but Embers wasn't sure if she was into the cutesy girl. She'd test her out, assuming she was into it. Despite Embers rule of 'See what you want and seize it', people were a different matter. 

Embers let out a loud, confident laugh at Kairis comment about being lost. "Getting lost? Ain't no such thing. Simply means there is more to explore Kairi! " She said happily as she followed barely a step behind, and nearly a foot taller than her partner. "I'm down for an adventure. It'll be a blast" She gave Kairi a light pat on her back as they walked. 

After Kairi had mentioned about getting lost, she had heard her say out that there was no such thing and just meant more to explore, Kairi had smiled at her enthusiasm and she had thought to herself "I had never really thought of it that way, guess I was a little too harsh on Ember when I had first met her in assuming she just didn't care and she was just here for SP." however with a giggle she had said out to her "That's a good way to look at it, I never really thought of it that way." However feeling her presence she had looked up and she had said that she was down for an adventure and it would be a blast, Kairi had smiled and let out a small laugh as she had gave her a pat of the back as pushing her forward to walk more. Kairi had looked forward and had taken a deep breath trying to remain calm and battle off thoughts she might be having, its been a very eventful past week and she had just needed to stay calm and find some happiness.

@Embers

Embers was excited, more for the chance to explore. Kairi being cute was simply an added bonus to the situation. Eye-Candy for the journey. After all, the journey, not the destination, was what she lived and breathed for. There was nothing about this that didn't excite her. An adventure to a part of the third floor she'd never been too, things to kill and a cute girl with her. Sure, a cute guy would have done just as easily, but you can't win everything. 

"Most never do. Y'all always see the most effective route, a to b, and only do that. It's the unknown that i live for, the exploration and never knowing what you'll run into. It what makes being alive even that much better. After all, why be alive if you're not gunna live a little?" A simply question perhaps, but one she asked herself all the time. Why live, if she did nothing with her life? She would do whatever she wanted, take whatever she wanted, and enjoy herself. She picked up the pace to walk side-by-side with Kairi and glanced down at the shorter girl "With me here, it'll be a adventure worth remembering Kairi. Trust me on this. Back in the real world, i did this sorta stuff for a living" 

Kairi had listened to her words, and all she could do was smile, it had seemed as though she had saw her in the wrong way originally, however with a giggle she had said "So wise..." she had thought to herself. She had said out to her "That's a really good point that you make. I've been wanting to live a lot, I have been just a princess hiding within the walls of safety. I haven't gone out and explored, I haven't gotten the thrill of things. And well, there's some other things I want to experience for the first time myself." she had said placing a hand behind her head rubbing it letting out a nervous laugh. However afterwards she had seen her walk to her side and then said with her there it would be a adventure worth remembering, Kairi had smiled and said to her "Well, if it means it would be worth remembering I am glad you are here to share it with me." she had looked back forward. She had looked down trying to think, she had called her a cutie almost in a flirt... she had thought of something she could say to her as they as moved into the forest, she had hummed for a moment before saying "So... I want to ask you something, recently I have been a little uncomfortable with... well my body." she had looked over embarrassed before asking "So how can someone as hot as you confidentially own your own body?"

@Embers

If it would have been a few months ago, Embers would have been disgusted by Kairi. To hide back, when others were fighting, back a while ago, was wrong in her mind. But, she had since learnt that not everyone was a fighter, when push came to shove. And, well, that didn't make them worthless. In a world like this, where she herself had bloomed, others had failed horribly. But, well, even Embers had room to grow it seems, and here she was. With someone who wasn't a fighter by nature, yet was working on it non-the-less. For that, Embers had to give her credit. To be someone your not, even through necessity, was impressive. Something Embers had never tried, and never wanted to. 

"I've got ya..." Embers would have said more, after all, she sorta liked how Kairi seemed to light up from her mood. People had said to her once, her mood went one of two ways. It was either violent and too agressive, or she made the sun brighter. How the second one was possible, she didn't understand, the sun was always the same regardless of her mood. But, the question given to her by Kairi prompted a single reaction from Embers. Laughter. Raw, amused, laughter. 

"S-seriously? You don't feel confident in your own skin Kar?" It wasn't so much a question, as testing out a nickname for the shorter girl "I mean, hot or no..Which i damn right am, its easy. Take whoever said those crappy things, or made you doubt yourself, and realize one important thing Kairi. They aren't important. If they are worth giving a damn about, then they'll accept you. And if they don't, then they aren't worth even thinking about" Her dad, years ago, had said it simply. Those who matter don't care, and those who care, don't matter. In Embers crimson eyes, there was nothing truer when dealing with people. If they couldn't accept her, then get the hell out of the way, because she has no need for you in her life. 

After asking her question, she had about received the reaction that she had expected from her, however she had asked that she didn't feel confident in her own skin, Kairi had simply shook her head and said "No, not really. I've only dated people that wanted my money in the real world. And in this one i've only had one relationship, but plenty of people only see me for my breasts." she had informed her, then she had listened to what Ember had to say, she had grinned a little bit but eventually she had turned to a smile as she had taken a deep breath and said to her "Well, I suppose I can't argue with logic like that." she had looked down at her own breasts and just taken a moment to take a deep breath, she had looked back to Ember and looked to the maze that had stood before them, Kairi had taken a moment to continue the conversation "I just haven't been to exposed to it either, I guess I am just awkward about it." she had looked back to her and asked "So are you ready to enter sexy?" she had called her sending a little flirt back to her after hearing she was proud of her body.

@Embers

The other girl seemed to take what she'd said in stride. Some had called her selfish, others were idiots. Kairi, for all her cuteness, had some brains up there. Some might feel guilty, for Embers had seen Kairi's chest and liked it a lot, but there was no guilt. Embers simply found the girl cute, was there any harm in admitting that to herself? In her opinion, there never was. For once, she was a little more selective with her wordings as they approached the maze "Let them be idiots, money is nothing hugely important. And looks, sure, they sell, but the person is what matters. I dunno about you Kairi, but every person i've been with hated how...hmm, emotional, i am. They couldn't deal with it, so i ditch 'em" She had had many relationships, some purely physical, a few emotional. But each emotional relationship ended the same, with the other people being upset Embers was...well, herself. So Embers ditched them and never looked back. 

Looking up at the maze, Embers reached onto her back and grabbed her Scythe, spinning it around lazily. Finally, bloodshed! She smirked at the other girl as she...flirted back?! The smile that came onto Embers face said plenty. She enjoyed this flirty side of Kairi "I'm sexy now eh? Just call me Embers Kairi, after all, i like how it sounds~" With that blatant flirt, Embers slowly marched forwards, unafraid. She was prepared to butcher everything, and anything, that stood in her path. She was upon the war path. 

Kairi had looked to Embers as she had said out to her to let them be idiots, and looks don't matter it was the person that mattered. Kairi had smiled, she had figured this was quite a lifestyle to live, she had almost began to envy Embers lifestyle as she wished she could pull something off like that. However arriving on the maze, she had looked over a sent a flirt over her way as she had sent one to her earlier, she had giggled and said to just call her Embers. Kairi had placed a finger on her bottom lip as she had let out a hum thinking of something else to really call her, she had just been joking around and she didn't want to say anything to necessarily tick her off or anything. However after a moment she had thought of a joke and said out to her as they had moved forward into the maze "Well, how about Master Embers?" she had giggled trying to just joke around.

@Embers

Despite remaining at the same walking pace, Embers face made an odd movement. Partly smirk, partly frown. Master, for her, had a single context. And no one section of it was innocent. But did Kairi know that, doubtful. Shame too, there was something about her, an cutesy innoence. And part of Embers wanted nothing more than to shatter that innocence. Maybe, as she smirked, she would in the future.

"Masters too...subservient..." She said, some of the more carefully picked works she had made today "A pretty thing like yourself Kairi, has no master. Something tells me, if they're in charge of you, its because you let them..." Embers slowed her walking pace and took a glance at Kairi. Part of her was curious it Kairi was actively flirting back, if she was, well, Embers knew what she wanted from her. And it wasn't her money... "You probably guessed it by now, but i won't call you master either Kairi. Lets just say i'm an..equal opportunistShe smirked as she looked at Kairi once again.  She knew that what she had said was subtle, but it was a way a friend used to hint that she was bi. Embers wasnt' 'Bi', but if the person was cute, she was gunna take a crack at them. And Kairi was definately cute...

Kairi had turned from giggling to rather confused, she had thought that she had just been joking around, however after hearing her say it was too "subservient", Kairi had blinked a few times and grinned a little bit as she had figured that she was right. Kairi had placed a hand behind her head and rubbed it as she had said out to her "Yeah, I suppose you are right. I am sorry Embers." she had said to her. Then she had said that she wouldn't call her that either and she had said that she was a equal opportunist. Kairi had blinked a few times trying to think about what that had meant... did she try to hint to her that she was bisexual or something? Kairi didn't know however she had just placed a smile on her face and said to her "Well, I didn't ask you to call me that, Kairi will be fine." she had let out a laugh. However looking through the maze she had looked in many directions before going in a direction, it would be a hot minute before they could find the Minotaurs, Kairi had eyed over to Ember's to look at her body for a moment before looking back trying to gather information to be more confident in her own.

@Embers

Embers rolled her shoulders, and even shook her head, when Kairi aplogised to her. "Water under the bridge Kairi. Times like that, no need to say sorry. Now we know, now we move" Aplogising was something everyone did, and it annoyed the girl to a degree. Sometimes it was fine, otherwise, get on and get moving. Dwelling on the past does nothing for the future. With that in mind, as they paused in the maze, Embers simply looked around at the entrances. But Kairi's comment made the girl laugh once again.

"Kari, if you manage to tame me, i'll call you whatever the hell you wanna. Until then, you cute little thing, your nickname is many and roaming" She said with a large smile on her face. The idea of Kairi trying to take charge in a bedroom situation entered Embers head, and amused her. She was so small compared to her, meaning Embers hands would roam first...She dragged her mind away from the idea, for now, fighting. After that, she could work on finding her way at the cute brunette. Embers was unaware of Kairi's roaming eyes as they walked, and Embers let out a breath. She could smell it now, a fight. It plagued the air life a scent, and she couldn't get enough of it.