[F6-PP] A Song of Fire <<Deforestation>> ~ COMPLETE

"Alright," he said, a bit nervous for the girl's safety. She seemed like she was determined enough, but whether or not that determination would hold throughout the whole fight was yet to be seen. He turned back to the bushes that seperated them from the monster, but he stopped, and looked back at Spangie. "Make sure your bird doesn't get hurt." He gave her a weak smile. "I'm not sure if you'll do anything to the monster, but if you want to hit it, let me know so I can follow up quickly. If, you know, you decide you do wanna hit it. Alright." Pinball pushed through the bushes, and gasped at what he saw. 

They were in an circular clearing. The ground was completely black, the grass having been cleared away from the flames of the creature. Fire licked at the edges of the jungle, but didn't spread. Must be the game preserving the floor's theme? Ash floated on the wind, and in the center of it all stood Byakko. Woah, pretty, was his first thought, but scary was his second. The monster was huge, towering over Pinball on its feet. It glowed with an intense heat, the fiery tiger locking eyes with Pinball. Pinball took a step back, but turned to see Spangie. He grit his teeth, and lowered his spear, rushing the monster. Byakko let loose a roar, fire dancing in its maw. Pinball leapt forward, and Zomekko sprang from her jar, surrounding his spear with a shadowy aura. "Hyah!" He hit Byakko with his strongest Sword Art, the force of the blows putting the monster on its side. He kicked off of Byakko, using the momentum to help him get away. The ground shook when Byakko hit the ground, Pinball landing nimbly only a few feet where he had started. 

Byakko staggered back onto its feet, its eyes burning with an intense hatred. It locked onto Pinball, and snapped its jaw shut, watching the player with renewed interest. But Pinball noticed the dip in its health. One more attack will do it in. I've gotten stronger. He threw a grin at Spangie with a thumbs up. Zomekko regained her cat-like form, floating off of his weapon to stand beside Pinball. "Nothin' to worry about!

----------------------------------------------------

-Combat- 

ID# 97820 

BD: 5+3= 8 (Hit!) MD: 4 - 3 = 1 (Miss!) 

Pinball attacks Byakko - Dimension Stampede 

9*15= 135 - 40 = 95 DMG

<< -17 EN >> 

Byakko attacks Pinball - Miss! 

-Players- 

[H:1] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 27/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG 

[H:0] Spangie:  100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | 2 DMG

-Enemies- 

Byakko: 55/150 HP | 40 MIT | 60 DMG 

Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Alright, I will.." she nodded, a nervous glint got stuck in her throat. "Stay back Apricot.." she whispered to the bird, who was happy to oblige and follow Spangie. She carefully trudged behind Pinball, quickly finding herself looking up at the huge beast. "It's huge.." she cupped her hands over her mouth in shock? Fear? She doesn't even know anymore. We're really fighting this thing? 

Spangie numbly took out her dagger, a tight grip forming around it. You can do it.. she breathed in and out, still afraid for her life. The beast was giant, a huge ring of cleared forest circled it. "You can do this," she whispered to herself and braced herself to fight. I'm not losing to this's game. After Pinball had maneged to land a successful attack, she took it has her chance and go after the beast. Dashing forwards the monster, dagger in one hand. "Hyah!" she had maneged to lay a single hit, not even doing a quarter to the Byakko. At least it's something.. she sighed. She gave a small smile to Pinball and an identical thumbs up. "Go for it!"

Comat -

ID : 97824

BD Roll : 6, Successful Hit!

Spangie Attacks Byakko - Basic Attack

2 - 40 = 1 DMG

[ - 1 Energy ]

Players -

H : 1 Pinball : 440/440 HP | 27/43 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG

H : 1 Spangie 100/100 HP | 9/10 EN | 2 DMG

Enemies -

Byakko 54/150 HP | 40 MIT | 60 DMG

@Pinball

Edited by Spangie

Pinball was surprised when he saw Spangie rush forward to help. Her dagger glanced across Byakko's armored body, but it was still something. It was up to him to finish the monster off. "Good job!" he shouted, rushing the monster, his spear low to the ground. Pinball unleashed Dimension Stampede once more, annihilating what little health the monster had left. With one last cry, Byakko shattered into fragments, defeated. Pinball took a step forward, letting out a small breath. The quest rewards screen popped up in front of him, informing him of the drops. He looked over to Spangie, and gave her a thumbs up. "We did it!" He made his way over to her, a sheepish grin on his face. "That wasn't so bad, yeah?" He checked his inventory, making sure the item he had gotten was there. "We got an item for it, too. Tiger's Rage, or something. Gives you extra damage. That's uhh... that's pretty cool." Zomekko padded up to Pinball, phasing through his legs to take a seat in between the two players. 

-------------------------------

Comat -

ID# 97829 

BD: 5+3= 8 (Hit) MD: 9 (Crit+1)  DEAD

Pinball attacks Byakko - Dimension Stampede 

9*15= 135-40 = 95 DMG 

Byakko is DEAD 

Players -

[H: 2] Pinball : 440/440 HP | 11/43 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG

[H: 1] Spangie 100/100 HP | 9/10 EN | 2 DMG

Enemies -

Byakko 0/150 HP | 40 MIT | 60 DMG

Edited by Pinball

"W-wow.. we actually did it.. we did it!" she gave an excited yelp, and jumped excitedly. "I mean you basically did it, I barely did anything," she rubbed her arm in disappointment. I was too weak to do anything. "But yay us!" she grinned and punched him playfully. "I was so scared.. that thing is the biggest creature I've ever seen!" she said stretching her arms wide, with just as wide eyes. Apricot came swooning down from a nearby branch and landed and Spangie's ruffled hair. "Aw, where were you the whole time?" she giggled, petting the birds head gently. The Phoenix gave a shrill coo and buried its head in its wings.

"Oh yeah, the item!" she grinned, scrolling through her inventory. She nodded her head, "it has a pretty cool name, huh?" she sighed, smiling at the black wispy cat. "So.. what now..?" she said with an awkward cough.

@Pinball

Pinball shrugged, smiling. "No, no, you hit it! That's good." He laughed when he punched him on the arm, scratching his forehead nervously. "Pretty cool name," he agreed. "A nice bonus to damage, too. Might want to save that for when you need it." On a hunch, Pinball opened his menu. He unequipped his leather armor, the bits and pieces of padding dissapearing, leaving him in his plain starting cloth. He equipped his cloak, and scanned the surroundings. Spangie asked him what they should do, and a glitter in the bushes caught his eye. "Over there," he pointed, jogging over to the plant. He pulled the treasure chest out, dirt giving way to the weight of the box. "Now," he replied, "what we do is open this thing. There's a chance it's a mimic, so I'll open it just in case. We can split whatever is in it, if there is anything.

Unequipped: Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist (-3 EVA) 

Equipped: Cloak of the Harbingers (+3 LD) 

-----------------------------------------------

Searching for Treasure Chest - 

ID# 97838 

LD: 14+3= 17 (Success!) 

Treasure Chest found. 

Edited by Pinball

Spangie shrugged bashfully. "I only did 1 damage, not even a fraction.." she sighed meekly, face palming herself. "Oh I'll definitely use this sometime soon," she chuckled, closing her inventory. It'll be of really good use when I do another quest to kill something.. she sighed. She watched him remove his equipment with a quirky smile. I don't even have that much stuff. She joked with herself and watched him jog over to a treasure chest, bringing herself along with him, she gaped.

"Wow, how did you find that? I wouldn't even think there would be something here," she giggled crouching down to touch the chest. It feels so authentic, she thought to herself as she touched its grainy surface. "Okay.. I do feel a bit unfair since you basically did the whole quest today.." she pouted, looking up at him.

@Pinball

Pinball laughed. "Guess I just have an eye for these things." Which wasn't true. His cloak was responsible for helping him find it, and even then it was just a faint glimmer in the distance. He was lucky to have seen it. "Stand back, yeah? If it's a Mimic, I don't want you to get hurt." He crouched in front of the chest, his weapon in his hand. With his free arm, he lifted open the lid of the chest... and a long, slimy purple tongue darted out, licking Pinball's cheek. He stumbled backwards, Zomekko leaping onto his shoulders. "Jesus!" The Mimic hopped forward, its tongue hanging out of the gaping maw that was supposed to contain loot. Pinball's eyes darted to his energy, and he bit his lip. He didn't have enough to knock it out in two hits like he had with Byakko. Damn ithe thought grimly. It shouldn't be too hard to outlast, he knew. But, with Spangie here... his priorities were shifting. He had to focus on either killing it, or getting him and her as far away from it as possible. "Hey, stand back a bit? Don't let your familiar get hurt... or yourself." 

------------------------------------------

Opening Treasure Chest: 

Spoiler

ID# 97847

Loot Mob rolled up! 

Combat -

ID# 97851

MD: 3 - 3 = 0 

Chest Mimic attacks Pinball - Miss

Players -

[H: 0] Pinball : 440/440 HP | 11/43 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG

[H: 0] Spangie 100/100 HP | 9/10 EN | 2 DMG

Enemies -

Chest Mimic: 220/220 HP | 66 DMG

Edited by Pinball

"Yeah you sure do," she grinned, her gaze now focused on the chest. What could be in there? She thought, scratching her head. She nodded to Pinball, a smile for his concern appeared on her lips. "Yeah.. and thanks," she thanked and backed off, just behind Pinball to look over his shoulder. She watched as the chest opened into a mimic with a long and slimy tongue, Ewwwww! She gagged, just looking at the chest. The chest licked the players cheek and he stumbled backwards, Spangie barely dodged him, stepping to the side just in time. Apricot gave a call of warning and concern, flapping her wings wildly. "H-hey! Calm down!" she hollared at her familiar, a few seconds later, the bird seemed to calm down, her feathers still ruffled.

She looked back at Pinball, "are you okay? Did it hurt you?" she knelt down next to him, checking for any red marks or hits. Satisfied with her search she went back to glaring at the horrendous chest mimic. "H-hold on.. wait a minute!" she panicked, opening up her inventory. Found it! She puffed, equipping a scarlet dagger with a feather like blade.

Combat -

- Equips Vermillion Feather

Players -

[H: 0] Pinball : 440/440 HP | 11/43 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG

[H: 0] Spangie 100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | 5 DMG

Enemies -

Pinball hopped backwards, putting some distance between the Mimic and him, and then rushed it, his spear flashing. But the Mimic wouldn't get hit that easily. It hopped from the ground, its tongue wrapping around Pinball's arm, pulling him towards its mouth. The large chest bit down on the boy's shoulders and back, its large mouth easily stretching, and Pinball stumbled, knocked off balance. "God!" Pinball hit the ground with a thud, his health bar having gone down significantly. He wasn't sure how the chest had managed to move that quickly, but the purple tongue swirling about made him think that had something to do with it. Maybe it launches itself with it? He had no time to ponder. He pushed himself from the ground, standing with the assistance of his spear. His shoulder was bright red, the chest's bite marks dotting his arm. "Don't worry," he sputtered, rubbing his wounded arm, "I'll get it. Be careful.

----------------------------

Combat -

ID# 97858 

BD: 1 (Critical Miss!) MD: (Crit+1) 

Chest Mimic attacks Pinball - Hit! 

66+1= 67 DMG 

Pinball attacks Chest Mimic - Vent Forth 

Miss! 

<< -2 EN / +1 EN >>

Players -

[H: 0] Pinball : 373/440 HP | 10/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG

[H: 0] Spangie 100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | 5 DMG

Enemies -

Edited by Pinball

Spangie watched as Pinball launched himself at the chest, only to be ravaged and thrown back. "Oh my gosh!" she stumbled over to the wounded Pinball. "D-don't worry, I'll help! Just wait!" she stuttered, pulling out her inventory again. Do something! Someone getting wounded next to you and you can't do anything! She told herself harshly as she scrolled down her inventory.

"I-I found it!" she yelped, equipping a bright yellow orange armor with white pads. "Hold on!" she sputtered, standing up a bit straighter. "Take it easy though," she told him, giving a small and genuine smile. I don't want a person dying in front of me. She shuddered and gripped her dagger.

Lets see how hard this monster really is. She thought, a ripple of fear ran through her. "Can't be that hard, I hit the monster before right?" she muttered to herself, her grip on her dagger. You can do it, you can do it.

Combat -

- Equiped Sunsets Pierce [ +2 MIT ]

Players -

[H: 0] Pinball : 373/440 HP | 10/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG

[H: 0] Spangie 100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | 2 MIT | 5 DMG | 

Enemies -

Chest Mimic: 220/220 HP | 66 D,G

Edited by Spangie

"Wait, no, it's fine," Pinball said, "don't worry about me. I can handle it." He looked anxiously at his health bar, and at the name and health of the person's beneath his. He couldn't let her die. The Chest Mimic lashed out with its tongue at Pinball, slime dripping from the purple, whiplike appendage. Pinball hopped nimbly out of the way, his spear glowing. He unleashed the strongest Sword Art he was able, Vent Forth. He let out a tsk as his energy dropped into nothingness. The Mimic staggered back, before flopping to a stop. The Mimic's mouth closed, and it pretended to be a chest again... though its eyes didn't go away, and it watched the two players without blinking. Zomekko removed himself from Pinball's weapon, and he forced a bit of a smile. "Hey, Zom," he murmured, bending over to speak to the cat, "don't give up now. I need your help, 'kay?

--------------------------------------------------

- Combat -

Chest Mimic attacks Pinball - Miss

Pinball attacks Chest Mimic - Vent Forth 

9*10= 90 DMG

<< +1 EN / -11 EN >>

- Players -

[H: 1] Pinball : 373/440 HP | 0/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG

[H: 0] Spangie 100/100 HP | 10/10 EN | 18 MIT | 5 DMG | 

- Enemies -

Chest Mimic: 130/220 HP | 66 DMG

Edited by Pinball

"No, I actually want to help this time!" she shook with determination. "I don't want you to be the only one who's doing something!" she gripped her dagge and glared at the mimic. You can do this, you're prepared. She hushed herself and took a long inhale, then softly exhales. She dug her boots into the dirt and dashed straight to the chest. "Hyah!" she made several fatal stuns to chest, immobilizing it for a few moments. Rebounding, she gave a sigh of relief and looked at Pinball. "I think I made it a little easier.." she found it hard to speak with a lump in her throat.

Apricot swooped down fro, whoever she was again and landed on Spangie's shoulder. I'm too tried to even scold at her right now.. she huffed and gave a small smile to Pinball.

Combat -

Spangie Attacks Chest Mimic - Side Bite

ID : 97863

Roll : 6, Hit!

10-0=10 DMG + Stun

-5 EN

- Players -

[H: 1] Pinball : 373/440 HP | 0/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG

[H: 0] Spangie 100/100 HP | 5/10 EN | 18 MIT | 5 DMG | 

- Enemies -

[ Stunned ] Chest Mimic: 120/220 HP | 66 DMG

Edited by Spangie

Pinball watched as Spangie attacked the monster, his eyes widening with surprise. She was quite brave, to attack such a high level monster. Sure, it had caught him at a bad time, and sure, if he was at full health, it would probably be dead, but it was still a dangerous mob. He was equally as surprised when he saw she had stunned it. "Oh! Thanks!" He ran towards the monster, landing a small jab against the Mimic's smooth surface. Zomekko followed through with a small, shadowy slash, leaping over the stunned chest. He turned to Spangie, looking at his energy bar with a concerned frown. "Hey, if you want to hold off on attacking it so I can regenerate my energy, that'd be cool. Or! We can try to get away while its stunned. But, if you wanna keep fighting, I'll stay with you.

------------------

- Combat -

ID# 97865 

BD: 7+3 = 10 (Hit!) MD: 5-3= 2 (Miss!) {Stunned} 

Chest Mimic is Stunned! 

Pinball attacks Chest Mimic - Basic Attack 

9 DMG! 

- Players -

[H: 2] Pinball : 373/440 HP | 0/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG

[H: 1] Spangie 100/100 HP | 5/10 EN | 18 MIT | 5 DMG | 

- Enemies -

[ Stunned ] Chest Mimic: 111/220 HP | 66 DMG

Edited by Pinball

"I'm not going to make it that long," she chuckled, trying her best to lighten the mood. "It'd be best to make a run for it while we can," she sighed, getting ready to take off. I'm at half of my energy, I definitely wouldn't have made it.. she thought to herself as she dashed off to the side of the clearing. "C'mon Pinball!" she cupped her hands over her mouth to make it louder. It's not that hard.. she gave a small frown to herself and yelled louder. "You can do it!" 

Apricot join her a few seconds later, accompanying her shouts with shrill tweets and chirps. Why was this chest harder to fight than the giant one before? The other one looked so viciously, this is just a chest with a purple tongue! She exclaimed in her head.

Combat -

ID : 97870

Roll : 14 + 3 = 17,  Success

Spangie runs awayyy!

- Players -

[H: 2] Pinball : 373/440 HP | 0/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG

[H: 1] Spangie 100/100 HP | 5/10 EN | 18 MIT | 5 DMG | 

- Enemies -

Chest Mimic: 111/220 HP | 66 DMG

Edited by Spangie

Pinball nodded, a grim smile on his face. "Yeah, let's get out of here. I'll cover you." Pinball hopped in front of the chest, jabbing at it with his spear, forcing it to back off. Once Spangie was away, and she called out to him, Pinball stuck out his tongue and laughed. He spun around a tongue jab, laughing hysterically, and ran off. "See ya later, idiot!" Pinball ran off across the clearing, as fast as he was able to. Zomekko had latched onto his neck, acting as if she were a scarf. Shadows trailed behind the boy as he ran, his spear held out in one hand, a wide grin on his face. When he was safe, Pinball jumped excitedly. "That was fun," he said in between breaths, planting his spear on the ground. Zomekko floated back into her jar, the glass once again filling with the black mist. "Well," he said, calming down, "we're finished here, I think. You want to head back now?"

- Running Away - 

ID# 97874 

LD: 18+1= 19 (Success!) 

Pinball successfully ran away. 

- Players -

Pinball : 373/440 HP | 0/44 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG

- Enemies -

Chest Mimic: 111/220 HP | 66 DMG

Edited by Pinball

Spangie nodded her head. "It was definitely exciting," she giggled, letting Apricot soothe her feathers. She sheathed her dagger and wiped her forward. "Yeah, I think I've had enough excitement for one day.. heheh.." she joked, twirling in a circle. It was nice doing this, before today, I haven't been fighting at all. This was a fun experience. She grinned widely and sheathed her dagger. "What do you want to do when we get back? Are there any good shops we can check out back at the town?" she poked her cheek, tilting her head. When's the last time I ate? I am a bit hungry.. she shrugged. "We can do whatever you want though, I don't care," she smiled, spinning another time. Have I ever felt this free in real life? 

@Pinball

Pinball nodded. "Yeah, let's head back to town." He started walking, responding to Spangie's quesion regarding the presence of shops in the town. He didn't quite remember. For all of his aimless wandering the past two years, he hadn't really paid much attention to the shops on Krycim. He loved the jungle, but that was probably what took his attention from the shops and inns that probably littered the jungle town of Krycim. So, Pinball shrugged. "Uhh, not really, no." Spangie seemed happy, and Pinball realized he had forgotten about the whole Froppy incident. He grit his teeth, wincing at the memory. It still hurt, even though it had been days ago. He wondered for a moment when he'd get over it. "Do you, uhh, have anything in mind?" If she wanted to hang out a bit longer, he'd be fine with it. It was best he had something to do that helped him take his mind off of things. He smiled, then, "Should we go back and kill another Byakko? I'm sure there's people out there fighting it. We can steal their kills to get them angry." It was a joke, but he tried his best to sound as serious as possible. 

She quickly followed after him, an excited squeak as she walked side by side with him. "Yay, let's go!" she cheered, her familiar barely clinging onto her shoulder. She stuck her tongue out and enjoyed the sweet and silence of the atmosphere, it feels nice today.. sure there were some problems but it's nice! She glowed happily and added a skip to her steps. "Aw okay, we'll fi-" she tilted her head as she watched Pinball grit his teeth. "Hey are you okay..?" she leaned forward, peering a bit at his face. He looks like he's in pain, or sad.. she thoight, her lips quirking into a frown.

"I dunno, I can eat if you're feeling up to it," she pointed up on finger. "I could really use some sweets to hype me up!" she gave a mischievous smile, some cookies sound good right now.. she giggled at his attempt to look serious. "Noooo, stop being mean to innocent players!" she pouted, a small whine came from her.

He shook his head, throwing up a weak smile. "Nah, it's nothing. Sorry, sorry." He took a hand, wiping his mouth. Don't bother more people. You're selfish. Pinball walked in silence for a while, shaking his head. Then, he shook it off. He could be gloomy when he wasn't around company. He let out a loud gasp when Spangie mentioned sweets. "You want sweets?!" He cackled, throwing his head back dramatically, a single hand resting on his palm. "Oh, my dear Spangie. Spangie, Spangie, Spangie." He swiped open his inventory, fingers gliding across the interface. He went into a rapid tapping spree, cardboard boxes and baggies raining from the sky, materializing in dazzling flashes of blue light. "Sweets! Join me! Let us be as one!" he cried, his arms spread wide, laughing hysterically, a rather creepy expression on his face. The ground was now littered in boxes and containers, all of which held some sort of sweet. Whether it be brownie, cookie, cake, or rolls, there were plenty to choose from. After he finished, he gave a dramatic, sweeping twirl, his leg knocking a few boxes to the side. He struck a pose, and spoke in a deep voice. "Pick your poison.

She crossed her arms and her lips went up a side. "If you say so.." she sighed. I wonder if it's something important? She thought to herself. Apricot jumped up to her head, her tiny claws raking up the players scalp. Ow, ow, ow! She bit her lip, not wanting to yelp in pain in front of him. 

Spangie tilted her head questionably as Pinball started laughing manically. "Are you ok-" she sapped her mouth shut when he opened his inventory and started swiping like a machine gun. I am so confused.. she watched in wonder as multiple boxes and bags appeared above them, dropping down to their feet. Her familiar gave a squack of alarm and flapped frantically on her head, ruffling it. "They're... sweets?" she gasped, covering her mouth with her hands, "Oh wow!" she giggled, crouching down to a small bag of what looked like to be chocolate cookies. "This is so cool? Where did you buy all of this? Why do you have all of these anyways?" she looked up at him and gave a joking laugh. He looks so happy.. yet he looks really weird and crazy.. she shook her head and chuckled. 

She stood up and playfully punched his shoulder. "I cant believe you hid this from me! You should've told me right away!" she giggled, flicking his forehead.