[F6-PP] A Song of Fire <<Deforestation>> ~ COMPLETE

Two days after the incident at the ball and bar, Pinball stood at the edge of Krycim's safe zone. He stared out into the dense jungle in front of him, bombarded with memories of the past. This is where me met, wasn't it? He remembered like it was yesterday... but he had a bad memory. He had forgotten why she had approached him, or how she had known his name, but he knew the little adventure they had gone on was enjoyable. He missed it. They had gone gathering, but he hadn't paid attention to the time and night had fell, forcing them to camp out in a small clearing she had found. Pinball grit his teeth. "Whatever," he growled, forcing the thoughts away. He had burnt that bridge, had ruined that friendship. But she'll be happier with him. He started walking, his spear in hand, put to use as a walking stick. I want to die. You hurt her. Pinball stopped, his head hung low. He grabbed a fistful of his hair, hurting all over. Stop it, and go. You can die when you get there. He rolled his head, stretching a bit. His voice raspy and weak, Pinball started walking. "Time to go.

@Spangie

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 22 | HP: 440 | EN: 44 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 9

Equipped: 

• Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, +1 Phase, Cursed {4 Slots} 
  • Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 2H Assault Spear ~ Rank 5
  • Fishing 

Extra Skills: 

• Familiar Mastery: Fighter ~ Rank 1 

Batte Ready Inventory: 

• [3x] Teleportation Crystal

Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spangie skipped excitedly down the roads of the town, her familiar perched carelessly on her shoulders. What a pretty floor! She gaped soundlessly as she took in the views of the settlement. This game is so cool! I mean it would be wonderful to go to a place like this in real life! She thought excitedly, circling as she held her head up at the sky. "I wish I could paint this.." she muttered, a small smile forming on her face. Wha I'd do for some art supplies.. Apricot gave a shrill chirp and went back to resting. 

A giant canvas.. she stretched her arms wide, achrilic paints.. she waved her fingers in the air, some fine brushes.. my sketchbook, pencils, erasers, or maybe even my p- her eyes went wide as she impacted something sturdy. "Oof!" she let out a breathless sigh and rubbed her face. Looking up she realized she had bumped into someone. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" she said quickly, giving an apologetic bow. What an embarrassment! 

Spoiler

Stats : LVL : 5 | HP : 100 | EN : 10 | EVA : 0'| ACC : 0 | DMG : 2 | [ Sad.. Ik.. ] 

Equipped :

- Vermillion Feather 

- Leaves of Autumn Cloak [ 3 Loot Doe ]

Skills :

- Rank 1 Dagger

Battle Inventory :

- 5 Tier 1 Healing Potions [ Heals 50 HP ]

@Pinball

Edited by Spangie

Pinball stumbled forward, surprised. He hadn't been terribly deep in thought, but he hadn't been expecting to get bumped into, either. He turned around, and his face went bright red. "O-oh, it's no problem," he stammered, a death grip on his spear. On his belt hung a glass bottle that looked to be filled with black mist. It shuddered in that moment, and then was still. "Sorry, sorry," he said, taking a step back. Ok, good, now go away. No point in dragging someone else out into the jungle with you. But... He looked back to the girl, and the familiar on her shoulder. There was something about her that didn't quite scream capable to him. Pinball was suddenly very concerned for the well being for the player, but the pessimistic side of him had a few things to say about that. You're just going to make things worse for yourself. You're acting very selfish. Haven't you learned anything? Nonetheless, he spoke. "Hey, uhh, are you alright on this floor? There's a dangerous mob in the area."

Spangie shook her head, "I'm sorry, I'm a real clutz!" she gave a small chuckle and scratched the back of her head nervously. Apricot shook her feathers roughly and gently hopped down onto the ground, a small chirp emitting from her. I need to watch where I'm going.. this isn't the first time this actually happened.. she let out a sigh and looked up at the male player, a grin plastered on her face. She cocked her head at his last sentence, do I really look that weak? She thought worriedly as she scanned her equipment, I guess it's what I get for moping in inns since this game came out.. she puffed.

"Oh, sorry.. I may not look like the strongest and surprise I'm really not.." she gulped nervously and did the most saddest jazz hands you've porbabably ever seen. "Heheh.. I honestly came here for the scene, I had no idea there was a monster here.." she scratched her chin, of course you didn't! You never know anything that goes around in Aincrad! "I don't know anything about gaming, so I'm finding it pretty hard to cope being here," she gave a wary smile and held her hand out. "Sorry for my clumsiness, at least let me make it up to you by introducing myself," she said brightly, "My names Spangie, nice to meet you!"

@Pinball

"No, no, it's fine, really," he managed, grabbing the back of his neck; a nervous habit. "But yeah, it's uhh. Burning down the jungle and stuff." He shrugged. "I got a quest from these um... amazons? I'm supposed to kill it." He shook his head, lifting his spear off the ground a bit. He understood what she meant by not being able to cope. If he had never met Atzo, he wouldn't be here. He'd probably be dead, actually. It might have been a monster that had done Pinball in, but he had a sinking suspicion it would have been a suicide. He pushed the thought to the side for now. He was getting off topic, and it wouldn't be smart to put himself in a mood. He had spaced out as she talked, and embarrasing as that may be, he only remembered her introducing herself. He accepted the handshake. His voice was awfully soft, a side effect of that wonderful teenage anxiety. "Y-yeah, I'm Pinball. Nice to meet you.

"Oh.. that's kinda sad.." she said, a depresssing sigh flew out of her lungs. "Makes ya a bit angry that it burns stuff, like this right?" she said waving her hand around in the air. "Even though it's fake, it's too pretty to be destroyed," she gave a bubbly giggle. It really does make me a bit mad.. I know it's a game of kill or be killed but the thing had to ruin such scenery? She thought bitterly but gave a gentle smile. "Well you certainly look capable of killing whatever's it is.. unlike me," she said with a chuckle, gesturing her hands to her equipment. "I wouldn't have taken that quest for my life.. I'm such a wimp and that monster would probabaly just eat me up.." she scratched the palm of her hands, I'm too weak for this game..

She gave a smile when he introduced himself. At least he's not a total introvert or something. "Pinball? That's an interesting name, it's a good one no doubt but it kind of makes you think," she grinned softly and bent down a little to pet Apricot, who ended up climbing on her arm and plopping herself on Spangie's shoulder. 

@Pinball

Pinball nodded, a frown on his face. He agreed. He loved the scenery of the game, even though it was all just a game's rendering. Well, that's not quite fair. It's your home now. He listened closely as Spangie told him about her worries. It wasn't unwarranted, and the monster he was hunting in particular would probably eat her up. He scratched his chin. I was in situation like that not too long ago, he recalled, thinking back to his predicament. Atzo had pulled him off the streets, and when Atzo dissappeared, Stryder started his own guild, and Pinball followed him. When Pinball wanted to start leveling up, he met Mars, and the two had become rivals. That's the only reason he was here today. You've always had someone there to help you out. Pinball wanted to return the favor. If she says no, It's gonna get really uncomfortable really quickPinball mustered up his courage, taking in a deep breath. "Would you want to.. come with me? You can join my party, and I'll kill it for the two of us. We both get experience, while you stay safe. It's like. It's like an easy thing we could do.

He was suddenly very flustered. "In-Interesting? What... what do you mean by that?" His face lit up a bright red, and his heart pounded in his chest. Pinball was a childish name, he knew, but it was all he had been able to come up with at the time. It was the name of his cat, and he couldn't help but feel foolish about his choice now. 

Spangie's eyes widened, "A-are you sure? I mean I wouldn't want to be a burden to you.." she  scraped the ground with her feet, "I wouldn't want to get the way and of you and your quest.." she said sheepishly her eyes trailing on the ground. "B-but if you want me to go with you, I will!" she said clapping her hands together, detirminiation spread across her face. I probabaly won't be doing much damage to the.. creature anyways.. she thought sadly. I'm just too weak.. she gripped her hands tighter and pursed her lips. I can't do cra in this game.. she sighed and put on a happy face. "Then yes. I would love to party up with you!"

Spangie held in a laugh when she watched the boy get all flustered. She shook her hand she in a reassuring way. "No no! Nothing bad!" she giggled, "It's just a bit unusual, not bad though! It just make you think, like why you chose it. It's an interesting pick, don't worry!" she chuckled and gave an assuring smile. It uses a lot of imagination though, first time I enjoy heard of a name like that.

@Pinball

Edited by Spangie

He gave a sigh of relief, scratching the back of his head. Nothing bad, she says. Jesus, pick a better name next time. Pinball listened as Spangie talked. She seemed to be considering herself a burden, though that's not at all how Pinball saw it. "You're no-" he said softly, stopping when he heard her make up her mind. He nodded, grinning. "Yeah, awesome." In a quick motion, he opened his menu, sending a party request to Spangie. He closed the screens with a yawn. She seemed determined to go with him now, though she hadn't originally seemed to keen. He would have asked her to come anyways, but she managed to make up her mind on her own. A determined one, he thought admirably. Pinball was a boy who had little to no motivation. Someone who was just going through the motions, and ultimately didn't care what he did or didn't do. Even so, he knew one thing. Stryder would like her, I think. He took a moment to imagine how a meeting between Spangie and Stryder would go. 

Apricot fluffed out her feathers and went back to napping on her shoulders. "Oi, when did you get so lazy?" she puffed as she poked the birds wings gently. She sighed and went back to smiling, "thanks, I really appreciate it," she grinned graciously and accepted the party invitation. My legs feel like jelly, is this what it's like before you battle something? She gulped, quickly realizing she was in fact a low leveled player, I acted so tough.. ohh.. what am I going to do? She bit her lip nervously, what if it kills me? I've never done this! She slowly started to panic, her hands were shaking in state of anxiety.

What will happen if I die here? Will I really die in real life? Will it hurt? She nervously gulped again and hugged her elbows, fear radiating from her once determined and brave face. What if I really die in this game?

@Pinball

Pinball smiled at the bird and Spangie. The jar hanging from his belt shook violently, the glass rattling loudly. Zomekko, calm down, he thought anxiously. The ghost cat would avoid leaping out of the jar in broad daylight, but the thought of what his familiar do scared him a bit. He had only had about a week to get used to the cat, but its personality remained unpredictable. There were only two things he was absolutely certain about: One, it hated sunlight. Two, it would not go anywhere without the jar. Whether the feline apparition was bound to the jar, or if it was just attached to it remained a mystery Pinball, but it usually reverted to a gaseous form and filled up the glass, where it rested or hid from people or the sunglight. He took a step back, snapping a finger gun. "Alrighty, let's get going." He looked her up and down, noticing the shaking of her hands. Is she scared? He frowned. He started walking where the monster had last been spotted. As he walked, Pinball spoke. "Hey, don't worry about getting hurt. I'll make sure you don't." He pulled a teleportation crystal from a pouch that was tied to his belt, opposite Zomekko's jar (which hung on his left waist). "Would you feel safer with one of these? It'll take you back to town instantly.

Edited by Pinball

Spangie squeaked as they took off to wherever they were going, feeling slightly less anxious when he reassured her. "T-thank you.." she maneged to choke out and give a small smile, Aprictot innocently pecked her shoulder, probabaly trying to loosen up the tension that was roaming her body too. She nodded her head slightly at his question and chuckled. "Heheh.. thanks. It means a lot," she looked up at him, feeling slightly more confident, and grinned. Don tell worry, you'll be alright.. just pixels, just pixels, just pixels.

Spangie tilted her head as she noticed a small jar with a black like fog or mist in it. "What's that?" she asked rather bluntly, pointing her finger at the jar. It looks scary but cool at the same time. She pondered as she locked her gaze at the jar on his belt. 

@Pinball

As they made their way through the forest, the jungle around them suddenly got a lot denser. There were plants everywhere, and the sky could barely be seen through the trees. It got a lot darker, too, and when Spangie asked what the jar was, he figured he could introduce her. "It's my familiar. She hates the sun, but she really likes her jar." He tapped the jar once. "Zomekko, come on." Nothing happened. The black mass in the jar stayed still, and Pinball was embarrased. "Uhh, she's a bit shy, I think." He unhooked the jar from his belt, and weighed it with one hand. He gave the jar a blank stare, and then tipped it over. The blackness slowly slid out of the jar, like spoiled milk from the jug. After a while, it started taking shape, and the head of a black cat could be made out. Out popped Zomekko, the ghostly cat. It floated gently to the ground, and then looked up at Pinball with large, white, empty eyes. Zomekko then turned to stare at Spangie in a similar fashion. Then, after that, realizing there was no sudden threat, it sat in the grass, and licked a shadowy paw. "Umm.Yeah. That's my cat." The black, misty apparition stretched in the grass, waiting for something to happen. 

"Woaaahhh.." she crouched down with wide eyes and a huge grin. "I've never seen nay familiar like this! It's so cool!" she said brightly, her familiar growing a bit stiff. "Huh, what's wrong Apricot? Look it's another familiar.." she said gently as she poked the colorful bird. Oh.. it's a cat.. and you're a bird, makes sense I guess? That's kinda cool how hey incorporated that into a game. She tilted her head. "That is one of the coolest things I've seen in this game by far," she looked up at Pinball and gave a small giggle.

She wanted her hands to just phase through the cat but kept the urge. It's rude to just touch people's pets! She argued with herself and bit her lip. "D-do you like pet it sometimes? Or does your hand just go right through?" she asked curiously, still crouching and staring intenetly at the cat.

@Pinball

He watched Spangie interact with his cat with a smile, nervously wondering if Zomekko would try to eat her bird. He thought back to first finding his familiar in the tombs, where it had used its gaseous body to suffocate him. "Y-yeah, and she's pretty strong, too. Helps me fight." Pinball looked at the cat still stretched out in the grass. Wisps of shadow floated into the air, disappearing, but her form remained the same size and shape. At Spangie's question, he wondered for a moment. It really depended on what the cat wanted. "I think it depends on whether she wants it or not. I pet her once, and she certainly had a physical feel, but it felt soft and squishy, and I think if I had pushed any harder it wouldn't have lasted in that form." Pinball scratched his chin. "But most of the time she's gaseous. That's how she helps me fight, by surrounding my spear. It somehow boosts the damage of the weapon when she circles it like she does... you'll see it when we find that monster." He took a second, wondering if he should warn her about Zomekko's unpredictable personality. "But yeah, your hand will probably just phase through her.

She gave a small smile and the cat and to him. "Are you ever glad that you got stuck in this game?" she whispered, barely audible to Pinball. If I never got stuck here, I wouldn't have met Apricot or nay of these wonderful people.. but if I never go at stuck here, I would be at home, with my family.. she buried her head in her arms. "L-like you would've never met Zomekko if you never put the Nervegear on your head right?" her voice was sort of muffled when she spoke, considering her head were in her arms. I wish this game didn't mess with my feelings.. I love being here.. yet I hate it.. she gave a sniff and slowly rose.

"But weeping isn't going to do us any good, right," she gave a quick smile and looked down at the wispy cat. "Wether I die today or tomorrow, I honestly regret nothing." she gave a giggle and pointed into the unknown abyss. "Onward! To victory!" she gave a joking laugh and grinned. If I die in this game, I die myself.

@Pinball

Edited by Spangie

Pinball stopped for a moment. Such an honest question so soon. He hadn't been expecting it. He had to think for a second. Pinball was taken back two years, when the game had first started. He had been browsing items when he was summoned to the town's center, and informed he was trapped in a death game. Looking back on it, Pinball would have figured he had been scared. But he wasn't. Anxious, sure, but that wasn't too different from how he usually acted. He had actually been... relieved. He had been coming up on that age where you're supposed to know what you'll be doing with your life, and Pinball had been at a loss. Outside of gaming, he was an extremely unmotivated individual. Even when playing games, he had lacked the competitive drive to actually get good at anything he had tried his hand at. He had had wonderful experiences in SAO, and he had gone through horrible ones. "Glad?" he asked, softly. "I don't know. But... you've gotta take it for what it is, y'know? We're in a horrible situation, but even then, there's great things that can happen here." He shrugged, embarrased even more by his answer. "It is what it is. Gotta make the most of it.

"Yeah, you're right," he agreed, throwing up a weak smile. Regretting nothing, he thought, looking into the dense jungle. I wish I could regret nothing. He knew he couldn't let somebody else die as a result of his own suicide, so he'd put it off. His plan of letting the monster kill him would have to wait. For now. Pinball snapped his fingers, getting the cat's attention. "Alright, let's go find the monster. It's a wandering mob, so it could be anywhere.

"I guess we are.. even so, you got to admit this is more exciting then real life right? Meeting random people, taking jobs with them.. it feels weird coming out of my mouth," she giggled and lifted herself up. I wonder what the game makers were thinking when they made SAO. They can destroy all of us at a touch of a button and poof, our brains are turned into mush. She frowned but quickly covered it with the usual smile. "Just like time itself," she waved her arms in the air but brought it down to scratch her chin. "Hey have you ever tried writing, you sound like you'd be really good at it.." 

Spangie put her hands on her hips and grinned. "When am I not?" she giggled and clapped her hands together, scaring Apricot in the processs. "To the gates of Valhalla!" she took steps that looked robotics and pointed at the sky. "The sky isn't the limit, whooo!" she yelled excitedly and dashed around in zigzags.

@Pinball

Pinball nodded. SAO was much more interesting to him, too. Minus the social aspect of the game. It was kind of required (if you wanted to live very long), and Pinball had gotten lucky and been invited to a guild. He had his back covered by people, even if he wasn't exactly... on good terms with some of the members at the moment. Even then, he could see what Spangie meant by it. His face went red when she asked him if he had tried writing, but he looked away, trying to play it off cooly with a quick lie. "Nah, not really. Have you? Why do you ask?

He grinned as Spangie ran around, itching the back of his neck. Oh, was all he had to think on the matter. Something bothered him. He usually thought jolly people to be stupid. Was she stupid? Pinball had been proven wrong many times before, so he didn't want to be quick and strike off her behaviour as content idiocy. Her question had been a super specific one. So, was the happiness an act? Was she hiding her discomfort with a jolly facade? Pinball was guilty of that, too, but he couldn't be sure. He didn't want to pry into it, either, so he let it be. With a skip in his step, Pinball snapped finger guns at Spangie. "Cool guy vikings guys.

As they made their way through the jungle, there was a loud roar, and the crackle of flames could be made out over the usual noise of the forest. He slowed down to a stop, turning to Spangie. "Are you ready? This is it."

Quest: (Just as a refresher) 

Spoiler

<<Deforestation>>

This quest takes place on Floor 6
This quest is repeatable
This quest courtesy of Tristan Delaney

fire_tiger_monster.jpg

Image Created by Deviant Art User Sandara (Link Here)

The Amazons are proud of their forests, being the pride of their floor with the vast spanning jungles that house a large variety of species. However a lone tiger of flame threatens the sanctity of the forest Amazon's Folly, for it burns down anything in their path, razing their pathway with a baptism of fire. The Amazons request that you take down the tiger to ensure their forest is not left as mere ash.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
-Maximum Party Size of 3
-The Byakko must be defeated
-Repeat completions will only yield <<Tiger Rage>>

Byakko Information:

<<Byakko>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 150

MIT: 40

Damage per Attack: 60
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, half the damage dealt is instead dealt as burn damage, which ignores mitigation as a status. This has no DoT.

Rewards:

1. <<Tiger Rage>> A potion which grants +2 damage. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.
2. 3 Skill Points

She bounced a bit and held her hands behind her back, leasing forward. "You seemed like someone who would express their feelings on something other than show it, wether it be music, writing.. art.." her voice trailed off as she mentioned art, a little tang of sadness rippled through her face but then she clapped her hands together. "But then again I could be wrong heheh.." she gave a small chuckle at the end, a grin plastered on her face. But I showed my emotions right? Art was just something I loved to do.. she told herself, yeah.. I never hid anything.. she smiled and continued skipping along, a few finger gun shots here and there with Pinball.

Spangie gave a tiny squeal a small the roar echoed the forest, her familiar chirped loudly and flew off her shoulder, hovering a few feet off the ground. That's loud.. I wonder how big it is.. she gave a nervous gulp and nodded to Pinball. "Y-yeah, o-of course I-I am.." she could feel her body trembling and tried her best to stop it. You can do this, it's going to be fine, nothing's going to harm you. She gave a small puff of nervousness and nodded her head with determined eyes. "I'm ready."

@Pinball