[SP-F17] Hey! I know a Hestia! (Challenge of Olympus: Cook)

Spencer cracked his knuckles and was about to get to work on crafting the items that he wanted to make, but something was weird, there was a message that he didn't recognize, at least from the person that it was given from. Spencer cocked his head and opened it up, slowly reading through it. He smiled and lit up a little bit, he was not expecting this to come from anyone, much less an NPC giving out a quest line that he was actually able to do. He smiled and closed the message and scooped up Noot, on his way to go start this quest.

He arrived on the 17th floor and started to walk around, the penguin in his arms nooting and looking at everything and looking at everything that he was seeing, both Spencer and the penguin had not been on this floor. "Wanna sight see?" He asked the penguin, and the penguin flapped his wings excitedly. Spencer smiled and kissed the penguin's head, and started to walk around. He looked at the ruins and all the shops and the buildings around, he loved the look of the buildings that he found. Noot couldn't resist himself and was starting to walk around, waddling around and waving to everyone. Spencer laughed and picked up the penguin after he started to draw a crowd, it was weird to find a penguin on this floor of all floors.

• 2 months later...

Out of the crowd that started to form, he saw the NPC with a quest icon motioning him over, he assumed that it was indeed the man that sent him a message for the quest he was about to take. Spencer sighed, looked down at his penguin, which nodded to him, and then he set out for the quest. He was nervous, mainly because he had no idea what was going to come from all of this. He walked forward, and realized it was less of a man, and more of a satyr. He smiled a bit and the man smiled back, the details of the quest were starting to appear in front of him on his HUD screen. Apparently he was to start in a cooking challenge with one of the goddess, Hestia. He gave a small chuckle, but continued to read, he was excited to talk to Hestia about all of this, considering he met her name sake. Wait, I'm facing off with a god of cooking, doesn't sound bad at all. He sighed, the thoughts of what is going to happen finally sunk in. Noot? His little penguin said and Spencer smiled a little nervous-like, but he was ready to do this.

Spencer hit accept on the quest icon, and the satyr started to lead him through the city. Even though Spencer was nervous, he was glad to have the distraction of the new floor, well new to him, and be able to see the beautiful scenery. He was thinking about possibly making this floor another hang out floor, much like how Floor 4 and Floor 7 were that to him too. He shrugged a bit, he had no idea if he was going to make this a new hang out spot for himself, but he was still glad to be able to see everything. "What do you think we are going to have to do?" He asked his little penguin friend, which in fact the penguin just shrugged and looked at everything. "Thanks for the help." He muttered and looked up to see a large building coming into view. It was still way too far to see, but he was already getting some butterfly's in his stomach with the idea of a competition going on, he was not the best at this kind of thing. He gave a small sigh, trying to calm himself down, and continued the long walk.

As the temple-esque building started to come into view, Spencer's stomach became a bit more and more queasy feeling. God I need to calm my stomach down and get used to all of this... okay self that is so easy to say when I'm thinking it, but it is still unnverving to think I'm facing a goddess, god this is going to be something short of a battle... what if it is a battle? Wait no it is not, the quest literally said all it was going to be is crafting, so that is good, but stilllllll...... my body is NOT ready for this. Spencer grumbled to himself in his thoughts as they got closer. The man stopped and motioned for the blonde haired man to continue walking, apparently this was as far as he was going to go. "Of Course, I'm on my own, that sounds like so much fun and not uncomfortable at all." He grumbled audibly and Noot tried so rub his arm, but the way he was being held was not working too well. Spencer sighed and looked closer, he could see a woman standing there, an aura of warmth and heat radiating so far that he even felt it.

As Spencer got closer, he felt a bit more at ease. The woman seemed harmless enough, and he was assuming that this was actually Hestia, the goddess of the Hearth. He did not know whether he should bow, or stand there, or anything else. He just waved to her and offered a warm, sort of nervous, smile to her. "Hi, I'm Spencer, I was challenged in the art of cooking?" Spencer said and Hestia nodded, motioning for him to come forward, the palace steps led up into a masterpiece of architecture. Spencer gave a soft sigh and took a couple steps up the palace, looking around him. This is weird right? This must be a quest that opens up after a while of the game running, those happen every once in a while, I haven't heard anyone talk about this quest before, I Hope it is easy. He sighed a bit again, Noot noot! The penguin gave some comforting Noots, which made this process a bit easier. "Thanks Noot, Lets get going shall we?" He said with a smile.

Spencer ascended the steps, and he could tell he was starting to get a bit nervous again. He was going into a place he had never been, seeing people he has never met, and competiting in something he did not know how to do all that well.. he was more than just a little nervous. This is going to go so badly... Wait no I can not start thinking like that or it is going to go bad, I just need to get through it and understand that I can possibly do this, even if I am facing against a goddess with unknown amount of power... Good pep talk me. Spencer shook his head at the idea of it all, and started to look at the building they were in. The beginning area of it looked like an actual mansion made by the gods, it was breathtaking, and also MASSIVE. He smiled a bit and looked around, the place was beautiful with its gold embroidered items, and the intricate design of the walls and pillars supporting the house. Spencer's breath was taken away for a little bit, and he was happy to be able to be there for a moment.

Spencer let his finger tips slowly run across the edges of the tables, and he smiled a bit more, knowing that this place was created by the person who trapped them all in here was not that bad right at the moment, the beauty was breathtaking, so he could deal with it, for a moment atleast. He stopped looking at the decor of the mansion, and began to walk forward more, Hestia was farther down the hall way, and took a Right. Spencer jogged forward and looked down the hallway, and a glorious kitchen went forward in front of him, and his jaw dropped. The things that were in the kitchen, they were things that Spencer had never seen before in any cook shop he had ever entered. The pristine items that he could touch were gorgeous, and he was so happy that he was able to stand in the kitchen for a moment, but then he realized why he was really there and his heart sank for a moment. He sighed softly and walked forward, looking over everything that was in the two kitchen stations, they were identical.

Spencer started to investigate the kitchen, he loved every single piece he found, the different cooking ingredients and equipment. He ran his fingers other things, and investigated how everything worked to make sure he knew what he was doing. Spencer set the Penguin on to the counter next to me, who quickly started to waddle around and investigate everything that he could lay his eyes and wings on. Spencer chuckled a bit and looked over at the ingredients, thinking about what he might make with everything he could see. Spencer was awoken from his cooking high from Hestia, who cleared her throat and pointed to the master grandfather clock, signaling when the match would start. Oh god I forgot this was a competition, I'm not ready, I'm not ready, I'm not ready.... Welp I do not have choice on this matter. He sighed a bit and got ready to start cooking. He did not realize this, but there were other people watching, NPC's and God NPC's alike, it is a good thing he did not see them.

The Clock chimed, and Spencer gasped, the competition was finally starting. He bit his lip and all of the sudden felt overwhelmed with everything he had already looked over and knew what he was going to do. Hestia was moving effortlessly across the kitchen set up, mixing a couple things into a bowl, while something started to warm up over a fire. Spencer was getting very overwhelmed, but his Penguin Nooted at him softly, trying to get his attention. The penguin smiled and nooted, trying to make him laugh by running around. Spencer laughed a bit and calmed down, looking around the room, he decided on what he was going to make. Home made ice cream it is, but I gotta make this [censored] good. He thought for a moment and started to slowly move, picking up items and laying them out, he began to cut up some strawberries and break pieces of fudge into small pieces, the size of chocolate chips. Spencer tried his best to ignore Hestia and what she was doing.

With the fudge and strawberries out of the way, Spencer leaned down and opened an ice chest, there were pieces of ice, cream, milk, sugar, and a couple other things in there. He shrugged a bit and brought everything up, beginning to ship the cream. Noot cheered for Spencer and snuck a piece of fudge, dancing at the great taste of it all. Spencer laughed and mixed the cream and sugar and mix together, making a decent ice cream base, but it had to freeze for a moment before it would actually become ice cream. Spencer place the mixed base int  the ice cooler and set it down, going back to his strawberries and fudge. He started to press the strawberries and fudge together, the strawberry's juice oozing out of the fruit, being slightly soaked up by the fudge. Spencer put the juice and fudge into a bowl, putting small pieces of the strawberries in there as well. Spencer glanced at Hestia, and she was watching him as he cooked, which made him a tad bit uncomfortable.

• 4 weeks later...

Spencer sighed and cracked his knuckles, and realized that Whip Cream doesn't exist in a can to spray on... you had to make it yourself. "[censored]." He muttered and tried to desperatly think of how to make whip cream, thinking of maybe making a sundae instead of just a thing of ice cream. He bit his lip and thought for a moment, looking over at Hestia cooking. She seemed to be making some dish with what looked like Turkey and Oregano, but he didn't know exactly what it could be. Not knowing what she is making, and how far along she is, is making me verrry nervous. I'm just hoping I can [censored] together some whip topping and a sauce so I can get this moving along. I think I might make something with caramel to go on top with the whip, and get some pecans to crush up to dust on top, but I need to figure out how to make the Whip topping. He sighed softly and looked back at his station, he wasn't really having any motivation to make anything, but he had to find a recipe for the whip to keep himself back on track.

Spencer looked at Noot, who was slowly trying to grab a piece of the strawberries. He gasped and shot back, knowing that Spencer caught him. Noot fell and poured some of the heavy whipping cream into the milk, which made Spencer salty. However that reminded him of a recipe he made a while ago. He put Whip topping, Milk, Sugar, and Vanilla all into a bowl and started to mix it fast. He knew time was slowly starting to tick away, and he didn't want to be caught with half of a recipe. He, after a tiring time fo whipping the ingredients, it was to soft peaks and he put it in an ice chest to keep cool. He looked back at Hestia who was cutting and masking potatoes, and he thought for a moment she was making a multiple course meal, which made Spencer VERY nervous, knowing that he couldn't really compete with that. He sighed and focused back on his food. He looked at the ice cream base in the ice and took it out, the stuff was starting to solidify luckily.

Spencer placed the bowl back into the ice and placed another bowl infront of himself, a bowl that seems like it could be placed over a fire to warm up, which made him think of the sauce he needed to make. "Hot Caramel dressing, him. Okay lets go." He was feeling okay about his food, but was still worried about Hestia, who was making some sort of gravy now, she seemed very smug with herself, which made Spencer very nervous. He sighed and went back to his station, picking up a cube of beautifully made caramel, he smiled and gave a small piece to Noot, and got to work. He cut up small pieces of it and scattered it across the bowl, and then put few pieces of the thick fudge in. He needed to thicken it up a bit. He put some Cocoa powder into and set it over the fire, slowly stiring it around. He let it simmer for a bit and checked on the whip and the ice cream, the ice cream seemed solid now. He smiled and took it out of the chest and set it on the counter, ready to start scooping it.

Spencer smiled and brought over a glass bowl, searching for a scooper. He found one and placed it on the counter, walking to the caramel and fudge mixture. He placed a bit of sugar into it, and tasted it. He thought something was missing and he couldn't think of it, then he remembered the Pecans. His eyes went wide and placed the ice cream back into the the chest and found some Pecans. He began by taking a hammer to it and crushing it down to larger bits. He then placed it into the mortar bowl and began to crush them into small pieces. He looked over at Hestia who was watching him again in slight confusion, but she went to work again after a moment. He got a bit smug at the idea that Hestia was watching him and didn't know what he was making. He sighed with a soft smile and got the nuts to a fine powder and poured some into the caramel, tasting it after a moment and smiling at the taste. The sauce was almost done, now it was just waiting.

He was able to relax for a moment and lean back against the counter he was cooking on, and smiled a bit at the work he had already been able to do at the time he was at. He had to wait for the cream to solidify, the ice cream was done, the sauce was close to be done. He was at an okay moment right now. He looked over at Hestia who seemed to also be relaxing, which made Spencer nervous again. She had made so much, yet she was able to sit around and not do anything for the moment. He looked back at his food, and decided to finish up what he had. He took the ice cream out of the ice and started to scoop it into the glass bowl, making i look the best that he could make it. He then got the whip topping okay and grabbed a spoon, making a small mound on top of it, looking over at the caramel sauce when he was done. He picked up the hot pan and set it next to him, pouring it into a small container. "Okay, I'm almost done, now just to finish it." He said to himself.