[F1-PP] Day dreaming and flower picking <<The First Few Lessons are Free>>

Macaroon made her way through the maze of streets that was the Town of Beginnings, taking in the hustle and bustle of the players and NPCs around her. She held the player's manual in hand, having been scanning it earlier for useful tips. She was thankful to have found someone who had been passing them out. It wasn't able to hold her attention for too long, though. She longed for something more than book reading now that she was stuck in this game. She looked up at the sky, so blue and full of white fluffy clouds. 'What a beautiful day,' she thought to herself, taking a deep breath and brushing her hair behind her ear. Stashing her manual and re-equipping her Beginner's Spear, she steeled herself. It was time to get to work; she had heard about a starter line of quests somewhere within this section of the city, and she was determined to find it.

"Where could it be..?" Mack said, aloud to herself, and she began her search, peering into each open door. She was supposed to be looking for a chemyst or apothecary of some sort, or at least that was the rumor she had heard. Either way, she was sure she would find it soon, and maybe she'd even make a friend or find one of the ones she was supposed to meet in the game soon.

@Ruby

Spoiler

Sorry it took me awhile to get this up! Let me know if that pink is too light, btw.

Spoiler

Nah the pink is a good color :ok_hand:

Ruby's Appearance

It was a rather... calm day, compared to yesterday, Hestia and Ruby had a lot of work she had to do just to make sure that Ruby was going to be safe or not... and having one too many encounters with her "stalkers" and even though Sneak and Hide is in her possession, she is still rather concerned whether or not she truly was safe, however... for now, she was at least safe to explore for a while as they cannot find her now. Ruby had took the time to change her eye tint back to its original form and dyed her hair back blonde putting on a cute outfit not so revealing this time and stepping in front of a mirror smiling at her new look... she actually kind of really liked it, with dying her hair and tinting her eye before she had been worried about them finding her, now... there was nothing to worry over... at least for the time being. Ruby had taken a deep breath, she needed to figure out what she was going to do today, however... she had figured to head towards the first floor, maybe she could meet someone new in need of help. Ruby had made her way to the floor teleporter and telported to the first floor stepping out in the air, Ruby had smiled... it truly was a while since she had seen this floor.

@Macaroon

After walking for a time, Macaroon found herself back at the main square. Her shoulders dropped and she groaned. "Oh maaan. I must've really gotten turned around to end up back here." Maybe she hadn't been paying enough attention to where she was going, but that wouldn't stop her from day dreaming as she crossed the plaza. She crossed her arms behind her back and looked up into the sky again. The clouds were peacefully drifting across the field of blue - it was gorgeous - and she found herself trying to find shapes in them. There was one that looked like a cute, fluffy, white bunny and that made her giggle.

Mack was looking for another when she walked directly into someone. She stumbled back a step, closed her eyes, and immediately held her hands out apologetically, half-blushing from embarrassment. "Oh, I'm so sorry, please forgive me! I just get lost in my head sometimes!" She opened her eyes and took in the site of the woman standing before her. "Oh, my goodness! You're outfit is so cuuute!" she squealed. She shook her head, realizing she was being forward and maybe a little rude. "I'm so sorry for bumping into you. I'm so embarrassed."

@Ruby

As Ruby had been thinking about what on earth she was going to do today, out of no where someone had ran into her. Ruby had let out a hum and looked behind her seeing a cute girl half-blushing holding her hands out in front of her apologizing, Ruby had smiled and thought to herself "I don't know why all the cute girls are bumping into me randomly, however... I certainly am not complaining." but before she could say anything the woman had said out that her outfit was so cute squealing out. Ruby had smiled and said to her "Very full of words you are sweetheart, its okay. Thank you for the compliment, however I am most certainly not cuter than you. You have quite the cute outfit mixed with very beautiful looks to pull it off." she had smiled before extending her hand forward "My name is Ruby, what is yours?"

@Macaroon

Macaroon's embarrassment and blush didn't fade as the transition from awkward bump to complimenting one another occurred. She was very thankful that her new acquaintance hadn't been upset about being bumped into, some of the players here could be so aggressive and she didn't want any sort of confrontation. She giggled as Ruby called her beautiful, and managed to get out a, "Thank you!" before introductions began.

Mack took Ruby's hand gently and gave a little curtsy before replying. "The name's Macaroon, but you can call me Mack, if you prefer. It's lovely to meet you! I really haven't met too many people here, yet." As she retracted her hand, Mack tucked her hair behind her ear again. She smiled sweetly, hoping that Ruby might be willing to give her a hand finding this quest and said, "You have a very pretty name, if you don't mind my saying so."

@Ruby

Edited by Macaroon

Ruby had smiled and said to her "There is nothing to thank me for sweetie, just simply stating facts you had already known." she had giggled. After a moment the woman had introduced herself to be "Macaroon" however she could call her Mack if she had wanted, Ruby had giggled and said "Its a lovely day to meet someone like you today as well, and Macaroon is a interesting name... may I ask how you had settled with a name like that?" she had smiled. After a moment she had let forward a tiny blush, however not one to really change how she had acted "Aw mine? It's just a simple gemstone, nothing really to like over. It just fitted me was all, I didn't really need to think of a extremely complicated name." she had giggled. But before long she had asked out to her "So, what are you up to on the first floor?"

@Macaroon

Macaroon sighed a bit when asked about her screen name, she was a little embarrassed not to have scored Macaron. "Well, my mother is a baker, and as a child I would stuff my face with macarons all day. Unfortunately, Macaron was already taken as a username, so I used Macaroon. Little did I know at the time, macaroons are also cookies." She giggled and put her hand in front of her mouth for a moment. "I think Ruby fits you! Elegant and expensive," she winked as the last line left her lips.

"What am I up to?" Mack's face drew into a thoughtful expression. "Well, I heard some rumors about starter quests somewhere around town and I got myself turned around looking for them. Maybe you'd like to help me find them?" she asked, a smile on her face. "Unless you're busy, of course. Speaking of, what are you up to down here?"

@Ruby

Edited by Macaroon

Ruby had let out a giggle after she had finished explaining her name and how she had settled with it, Ruby had brought a hand up to her mouth only for a second before lowering and saying out to her "I actually kind of like the silly name now, a childhood memory to remember... I love it." she had smiled sweetly. However after a moment she had winked complimenting her again, Ruby had giggled and jokingly flirted with her a bit "Are you trying to make me blush Macaroon? Are you trying to score a date with me tonight~?" she had giggled after making the comment.

Ruby had smiled and said to her "Ah, I am just bored is all, nothing else really to explain. Came here looking for something to do, I did them a long time ago, so I know where they are, I can help you if you don't mind a cute and sexy healer to guide you through them~" she had giggled.

@Macaroon

Macaroon smiled and laughed, "I was a little frustrated a first, but it's starting to grow on me, I think." When Ruby began to tease and flirt with her a bit, Mack blushed more deeply than before. "Oh my!" she giggled. "Let's start with the quests and we'll see about the date." Ruby was a sweet girl, and Mack hadn't been flirted with like this for a while, she had been so focused on school and art that dating had taken a backseat. She was unused to the attention, but it was a nice distraction.

Mack smiled when Ruby offered to help her, she was more than thankful for the company. "Oh! You're a healer! That's so cool, I haven't really decided on what role to go with myself just yet." She gestured towards the plaza around them. "I'd be happy to have your company, and if you know the quests, please lead the way."

@Ruby

Ruby had giggled and said out to her "I am sure you will grow into it Macaroon, its a very nice name to have in my own opinion." then Ruby's smiled had grown wider as she had seen her blush deeper, she had enjoyed seeing a cute girl blush because of Ruby, she had already earned a few points in Ruby's book on how cute and attractive she was. Before long she had replied which had caused Ruby to cock her eyebrow upward saying out "Oh? You are actually considering it now?" she had giggled.

Ruby had nodded her head and said out to her "Then I would love to help you out today, I have nothing else better to do right now so... I don't mind at all. Especially since you are considering a date afterward." she had finished with the joke smiling and giggling seeing if she could make her blush more. However eventually she had began to look around and walk in the direction where the quest giver would be. Before long she had looked over to Macaroon and asked "So... what had made you wait a while before climbing levels? Scared of the possible death in this death game?"

@Macaroon

Macaroon did indeed blush even deeper for a moment, her face turning a shade of scarlet. It passed quickly, though, and she replied. "Of course I'm considering it; you're being so nice and helpful, and look at just how cute you are," she giggled, and winked again.

Mack quickly followed Ruby when she began to lead the way, eager to get started on her journey. After a few moments, Ruby asked a question that really made her think. She sighed and crossed her arms behind her back, turning her head skyward again. "I suppose that was it at first, the initial shock of being stuck here wore off quickly, though. But yes, I guess I wasn't excited to risk my life. But after a bit, I grew complacent. I justified it by telling myself there were so many players ahead of me and I wouldn't be able to catch up. It's been so long though, and the front lines seems to have stalled, or at least slowed a bit. I figure at this point, if there's some help I can offer, I should be doing it." She shrugged and looked to Ruby, a smile on her face. "I guess you didn't waste any time, though."

@Ruby

Ruby had smiled wider as she had blushed more and said that she had been considering it to how nice, helpful, and just how cute she was, Ruby had a slight blush on her face and she had said out to her "My my... you are capable of making me blush. It's been a while since someone had made me blush before..." she had smiled. But before long she had began to explain that she had been shocked and that she hadn't been able to catch up. Ruby had nodded her head, however before she could say anything she had shrugging looking at Ruby saying that she didn't waste any time. Ruby had looked over with a bit of a uncomfortable face "Yes I didn't waste any time... but it has been an extremely bumpy road for me getting there, and it's still being a bumpy road for me. And well... I find myself being a bit lazier that I would like to be... however I do have the majority of what I need... so, no worries I suppose." she had nervously giggled still guiding the way.

@Macaroon

Macaroon giggled when it was finally Ruby's turn to blush. "I'll take it as a compliment that I made you blush, then," she said, still smiling. When Ruby gave her an uncomfortable look, though, Mack's expression changed to one of concern. "I can only imagine what it's been like, how hard it's been." Mack sympathized with Ruby, she'd heard stories of the front lines, the losses they sometimes took. She wasn't sure she could fully comprehend it without having lived it. "I'm excited to contribute if I can, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about finally getting out there. But with friends like you, I'm sure I don't have much to worry about!" She closed her eyes and smiled, happy to have met Ruby.

Mack took a look around the street they were on now, trying to take note of where they were heading, in case they got separated or she needed to return at a later point. She had already lost an idea of where they were, though. 'Oh well,' she thought and shrugged to herself.

@Ruby

Ruby had smiled sweetly and had said to her "You should, not many actually could." she had looked back towards the path, however afterward she had said that she could only imagine how its been like, Ruby had nodded her head and said "Well... my past here has been... eventful. Getting up here in level took me so much work, tears, and... a lot of bumps, lets just say... I could have died a few more times to count. So you don't even know..." she had sighed "My hair used to be so much longer, I don't remember how long it used to be, but it went down all the way to my butt if not being able to cover it. God who knows how long my hair has grown in the real world..." she had said with her eyes widening in the realization to how long her hair possibly could be in the real world.  However she had eventually shrugged it off and said to her "Trust me, within time... you will be able to make it to the frontlines, its not that hard. Just... be a little careful about it."

@Macaroon

Macaroon nodded silently while Ruby explained the work it had taken to get to where she was. It was kind of a somber moment, and her thoughts turned to the road ahead for her, she knew it wouldn't be easy, but she was done being idle. When Ruby mentioned her hair, Mack gasped. "Oh my, I haven't even considered what my body might look like in the real world at this point! I imagine I look rough!" She laughed at that, she didn't think about the real world much, and for a silent moment her thoughts turned to her parents. She hoped they were doing alright.

Mack snapped out of that when Ruby told her to be careful. "I will be. I've taken too long, and I've had plenty of time to think about it. It's not something I'm taking lightly, that's for sure." She took another look around, wondering if they'd be at their destination soon.

@Ruby

Edited by Macaroon

Ruby had giggled and said out to her "I had thought about it for a while now, and well... I don't imagine us being in the best of conditions, and I don't think we would wake up the same as we were. And... I don't think we can take forever in this world either. I don't think hospitals could keep up keeping us all alive, lord only knows how many taxes are being placed to keep every single one of us alive." she had said out, but eventually she had shrugged it off, for now she had her sexy body in the game and she was at least happy with her current looks... even though she'll have to fix them in the real world. After a moment Ruby had said out to her to be careful, and the response from her was exactly as Ruby wanted to hear from, Ruby had smiled sweetly and said "That's a nice way to look at it, just don't get yourself in more trouble than you need to." she had giggled. But before long they had made it to the entrance to the store where the first quest is, Ruby had looked over and said to her gently patting her butt to move her forward "Go on, its your quest." she had giggled.

@Macaroon

Macaroon was still considering the state of her body when Ruby told her they had arrived. Her eyes widened and she blushed when Ruby patted her butt. "Alright, I'll do my best to stay out of trouble if you do the same!" she called and giggled as she walked through the doorway.

"Come in!" the old shop keep called to Mack as she approached his counter. The little shopfront was filled with bubbling concoctions, mortar and pestles, and all manner of alchemic devices. They were odd and fascinating to her, but she was here on a mission, not to ogle the technical bits. After a short conversation and bit of fussing with the menu interface, Mack had accepted the quest. Zackariah, the old man's name apparently, had requested that she gather some Starflower for him. It was some sort of ingredient for alchemy he needed to brew potions. He had informed her she'd be rewarded for her trouble, which she was happy to see. She needed the EXP and the items she would receive would be sure to help her in her coming quests.

She waltzed back out of the shop towards Ruby. "So, I need to go pick some Starflower, I suppose. He said it should be in the fields and forest not far outside of town." She shrugged and started heading toward one of the main gates. "I guess this way should be fine, unless you know of a better area to gather in." She smiled and waited for Ruby to follow or protest.

@Ruby

Ruby had smiled wide again seeing her blush, Ruby had giggled and thought to herself "It's so easy to make her blush... she's actually really cute." however after a moment she had said out to her "Well, I can try. However long story, I am in a bit of trouble running away from. However, I don't want you involved. I didn't do anything, and I will be fine." she had informed her, then watched her move forward into the hallway, Ruby had followed behind her. Ruby had kept a distance though looking out looking to see if she could see anyone... even though she was completely safe from the mod... however she just couldn't be more safe about it. After a bit she had reported back to Ruby saying that she needed to pick some Starflower in a field close to the outside of town, Ruby had smiled and said to her "Well, I don't know that specific flower and I don't remember where I can find it... so hopefully its a good area to find some in." she had giggled.

@Macaroon

Macaroon took the lead this time, walking through the crowded streets next to Ruby, the two girls headed towards the gate. Mack thought about what Ruby had been saying, how she was on the run from something, but the other girl didn’t seem to want to share and she thought better of asking. So she let her mind wander a moment, and it soon turned back to the real world. She didn’t think about it much at this point. She didn’t like the stress it brought, and there wasn’t much she could do to change what was happening, but she was wondering about school, how far behind she was, and how much physical therapy she might need before being able to paint seriously again.

“Ruby,” she started, nervous about asking and choosing her words carefully, “I hope it’s not rude to ask, but what did you do before this? Before SAO?”

Spoiler

OOC: I’m on my phone so bolding and color are difficult. I’ll fix them when I am able to get to a computer.

@Ruby

Edited by Macaroon