[SP-F1] A simple jog

Angel smiled as he exited the inn he had stayed in the night before. It was a nice day as he walked down the busy streets of Starting City. Players and NPCs bustled around him as his mind drifted to his daily agenda. "Well, I trained yesterday in the forest, so today is a passive day." He told himself as if there was someone else next to him. He smiled and started running towards the edge of the city. "Maybe I'll work on my Sprint Skill?" He asked himself. "I'm gonna need to go faster if I'm gonna help people at a notice."

He ran out of the city's limits and into the Grasslands. He checked his map and planned out a path, placing a waypoint at the other end of the field. Then he planted his feet and took a runner's position. "Ready," he whispered to himself. "Set, go." Then he took off.

He ran as fast as he could through the supposedly dangerous Grasslands. As he looked around, he saw the various monsters roaming through the fields, minding their own business. He thought about how many players had died at the hands of their coding. He shook the negative thought out of his head. "Don't need that in my mind." He told himself as he continued to sprint across the fields. He could see his sprint skill slowly, but steadily start to increase.

When he had made it to the end of the Grasslands, he stopped running and caught his breath. He was slightly tired, of course being that he had just woken up. He breathed slowly and went into his inventory, selected a bottle of water, and started to drink it. Then he walked over to a nearby tree and took a seat, watching the landscape. The beautiful colors and amazing design played tricks with his head, making him forget for a moment that it was all a game. None of this was real. Only he was real. Well, he and all the other players trapped in this hellish game. He sighed, drinking some more water while dwelling on this thought. "It's all fake and yet, it has such real consequences." He told himself as he watched the leaves fall off the tree above him.

As Angel rested under the virtual oak, he noticed something else among the various falling leaves; he heard a strange buzzing noise. When he sat up and looked up at the one of the branches, he was horrified to see a large wasp's nest. A few of the monsters were buzzing around their home, at the time unaware of his presence. He slowly stood up and started to back away from the tree when he heard another, equally disturbing noise; a low growling behind him. He slowly turned and saw a Frenzy Boar behind him, it's tusks bared and an angry look in its eyes. "Just my luck." He said as he quickly put on his shield, the point aimed at the approaching boar. Before he could draw his sword however, the boar charged him and he dove to the side. Unfortunately, he hadn't taken into account that he was directly in front of the tree. He turned just in time to see the monster ram itself into the base of the tree, causing it to shake violently. Angel's eyes quickly shot to the Hornet's nest. "Please don't fall, please don't fall, please don't fall!" He prayed as the Hornet's nest swayed back and forth.

Battle dice

1-5 Nest falls

6-10 Nest stays still

The tree stopped shaking but the Hornet's nest didn't. Apparently the digital deities that watched over this world had a sick sense of humor as the Hornet's nest fell, fizzling into a million pixels and releasing a total of 5 massive Frenzy Hornets. Their health bars appeared showing that they each had 4 HP each. Angel readied his shield and drew his sword, ready to fight, until he saw that the Hornets turned and started to attack the boar. They stung the monster repeatedly until it exploded into pixels. Angel was shocked that the monsters had turned on each other; he had never seen something like that before. But he managed to turn and start to run back to the Town of Beginnings. He heard the Hornets hot on his trail, their buzzing echoing in Angel's ears.

Angel 13/13 HP

Hornet 1 4/4 HP

Hornet 2 4/4 HP

Hornet 3 4/4 HP

Hornet 4 4/4 HP

Hornet 5 4/4 HP