SP-F17) Divine Judgement (Challenge of Olympus)

Quest Outline

Spoiler

Floor 17
<<Challenge Of Olympus: Alchemist>>
Recommended Level: Any | Party Limit: 1 (Solo Only)
Must be Rank 2+ Alchemist | Non-Repeatable

9g8pgqiv07czXgqp1ScWebQRv7fM3XsF8ipgPdeo

Rewards:

• 1 Additional SP
  • (+1) CD Tool, Demeter's Cauldron

Objectives:

• Roleplay The Challenge:
    • Meet with the satyr on Floor 17.
    • Meet with Demeter outside of Mt. Olympia and accept her challenge.
    • Describe the details of the challenge, face-off with Demeter and roleplay out how you best the Goddess of Agriculture.

Summary:
Disclaimer:  The God(s) in this quest are NPCs for RP flavor only and cannot engage in combat nor affect the world in any way other than what’s described.

Alchemists who have reached rank 2 in their profession receive a notification stating that a rare quest is available to them on floor seventeen. Upon arriving to the floor, a satyr's sudden appearance will easily startle nearby NPCs, and he promptly inform you that you have been invited to the gates of Mt. Olympia. It seems that Demeter herself would like to challenge you to a Battle of Crafts.

Players must RP meeting with Demeter, and they are free to describe the details of the challenge that is issued however they like as long as it pertains to alchemy. They must RP the challenge out appropriately, encouraged to make the crafting battle very difficult, though not impossible. 

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • All crafting done in this quest is RP only--no rolls required, and items cannot be given stats or submitted for evaluation.

Player Stats

Spoiler

Image result for jaune arc symbol

BATTLE STATS

Battle Stats: 
Level: 63 - 302 SP
1350  HP
124 Energy
+0 Accuracy
-1 Evasion
16 Base Damage
151 Mitigation
68 Battle Healing
+27 Thorns
+1 Paralyze
+1 Taunt
+6 Heavy Momentum
Paralyze Immune

Equipped Items:
» «White Edged Blade» (+9 DMG) (Tier 3, One Handed Curved Sword)
» «White Edged Aegis» (+27 Thorns, +1Paralyze, +1 Taunt) (Tier 3, Shield): 
» «Bialas' Bindings» (Paralytic Immunity, +6 Heavy Momentum) (Tier 3, Heavy Armor)
» *«Dimensional Backpack» (+1 Battle Ready Inventory extra slot)
» *«Darksteel» (+81 Mitigation) (Tier 3, Protector Familiar)
» *«Darksteel Pendant» (Tier 3, Vanity Trinket)

Buffs and Effects
"Rested" [-1 EN to the first two expenditures of combat]
"Clean"
 [The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down)]
 "Item Stash" [+1 Battle Ready Inventory Slot]
"Relaxed" [Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts]

Skills
Rank 5 - One-Handed Curved Sword (+5 DMG)
Rank 5 - Block (+25 MIT)
Rank 5 - Heavy Armor (+35 MIT) -------------------------------------------------------------> Mod: Stonewall (+45 HP, +10 MIT, 25% DoT reduced) / Athletics: +45 HP, +1 DMG
Rank 5 - Battle Healing (5% of Max HP per turn)---------------------------------------> Mod: Emergency Recovery (Upon 25% HP, Recover 10%) 
Rank 0 - Howl <<10 EN Cost>> (+3 Hate) -------------------------------------------------> Mod: Focused Howl <<8 EN Cost>> (+5 Hate)
Rank 0 - Fishing
Rank 2 - Two-Handed Straight Sword (+4 DMG)

E - Rank 0 - Survival (Immune to Environmental Effects, 45 HP recovered Out of Combat)
E - Rank 0 - Meditation (Inactive)
E - Rank 3 - Protector Familiar (+81 MIT)

Jonathan awoke to a rap on his door as he slept in his bed. Groggily sitting up and rubbing his eyes, he awoke. The previous day, he had held an event marking the opening of his library for players to enter as they pleased. He swung his legs out of bed, and moved through the bathroom to wash up and groom himself. Ramelia got angry when he looked like a mess. She argued that the lord of an estate must be dressed to impress even if he was a fighter. Remelia, the blue haired maid and twin sister to Ramelia, approved f his new look but understood that he didn't always have time to groom. He exited the bathroom and his dormitory and walked down the hall to the kitchen where he would eat a breakfast consisting of pancakes and bacon. "Ram, Rem" he would call and the two maids would move themselves to stand on each side of him. They each curtsied and replied, "Yes Sir". "Now that everything is in orer around here and we are all situated, we can begin on a daily routine. I have no visitors planned for today. Ram, you can go ahead and watch the library until about five. Do what you can in there. About five you may begin on your other duties" The girl bowed and replied, "As you wish" before scurrying towards the library. 

The blond looked over to Rem and said, "Do as you need, feed the guards and such. If anyone comes needing me, write down their name and let them know I will be returning around six or they can catch me tomorrow. If it is urgent, let them know to message me and that Im on the seventeenth floor" The girl would bow with a smile and reply, "As you wish" before moving off. Jonathan would then stand, equip his armor, and head out from the main entrance. He would circle around the fountain and head out the gates to the rest of the floor. The guards would salute as he passed and he would smile in response. Then, he would step onto the teleport pad, and wish for it to take him to the seventeenth floor, two floors below his home. In a flash of light he would be whisked away. 

He opened his eyes after re-materializing in a greek cultured biome. He opened his menu and moved to his notifications where he would re-read the "Special Quest" offer. "What am I supposed to do?" Instantly afterward, a man with horns on his head, and a furry bottom half popped from nowhere. 

The NPC's in the area jumped back from fright, and Jonathan unsheathed his blade quickly, stopping the sword a few inches away from the satyr's body.  "Woah watch it! You could seriously hurt someone with that!" The satyr bleated. Jonathan tentatively brought his sword back into its sheath and said, "How can I help you?" The satyr shook his head and replied, "You are to come with me and prove yourself capable of being a crafter of nobility" Jonathan nodded and gestured for the satyr to led the way. "Follow me then" The satyr would sniff the air before beginning at a slow trot to speed up the pace to a gallop. Jonathan, a big sad for heavy atmot, charged forward after the goat creature. They moved out of town, the satyr directing them through a route where the was no current monsters at. "Who do I have to meet ah..." "The name is Douglas! The Goddess of Agriculture, Demeter will meet you on Olympus's door step" He replied. Jonathan noted that the goat man's name was Douglas, information which he might need for later

Jonathan followed Douglas further through the floor, having already at least walked a mile since the last time they had spoke. "The Goddess of Agriculture, Grain, and Fertility is interested in Alchemy?" Douglas nodded. "I have been a humble servant of the Goddess since I was able to walk. She is kind, but a depressed soul. Through my time of servitude, I have learned a little of the reason why she and Alchemy are associated. For a plant to grow and give yield to produce. You must water said plant and allow it gain sunlight. Fertilizer also helps with growth. Alchemy is much the same. For a potion to be brewed, one must provide all necessary ingredients to come to the correct product. The Goddess calls this the Law of Equivalent Exchange. There must always be as much give as there is get" Jonathan nodded, ensuring to remember what the Satyr had said. For an NPC to delve into Alchemy like that, it and Demeter must know something of some sort. "I've done a bit of research into Alchemy. Hopefully it is to enough extent that Demeter will approve of my work" 

The two finally stopped at the base of a mountain and Douglas told him to take a break. Supposedly, if he asked right Demeter could bring them up to Olympus from where they were. Olympus was tied to the world, but unconnected as to ensure normal uninvited mortals didn't just come in. Jonathan sat down, his feet aching from all of the walking in heavy armor. Douglas returned with a smile on his face. "We are lucky!" A green circle appeared in the grass in front of him, looking like a teleport pad. Douglas looked at Jonathan and said, "If you step in, it will bring you right to the stair steps of Olympus" Jonathan nodded stepping inside. A tingling sensation went through his body and he poofed into a green mist. He rematerialized in front of a large grand castle made of several different materials. Some part was made entirely of gold. Other areas marble, and some even cloud. "Woah" "Splendid would have been a much more suitable word choice, Morgenstern - The Seraph Ascendant"  A voice was heard behind him and he turned. A beautiful and young brown haired woman stood behind him. She adorned a dress of silver leaves with intricate patterns that Jonathan could have studied for a good hour. 

As Jonathan stood near the woman, he caught the fragrance of freshly mowed grass, tilled soil, a fresh harvest in the Fall. He bowed. "You must be Demeter" The  woman smiled. "You are intelligent or just quick to make assumptions. We shall find out here soon" She stepped forward, walking past him and up the marble stairs. She walked up a few more before indicating for him to follow. He did exactly that, as if he were a trained puppy following his master. As they neared the gates of Olympus, Demeter would stand upon a platform, opening the gates as if willed to. She would then move briskly forward and into a hall. They would walk a eighth of a mile before they turned into a room. The room was filled with books  and large open spaces. Many alchemy tools were round the room, kept neat, tidy and clean. This room had a beautiful autumn smell to it. Decorating the room were vines interwoven in beautiful patterns. The room was lit by the sun coming from the roof that was also made by decorative vines that let sunlight through. "Absolutely amazing!" 

Demeter walked until she came to a Cauldron, one from obviously brewing potions, many at a time. "This here is a wonderful tool. No matter what you do, it will never fall above or below correct temperature while creating potions. Its yours if you can impress me. Many have tried, but I have yet to receive results" It appeared to him that she was a bit ashamed in the previous people's work. "So, what could I do to impress you?" Demeter shook her head. "That's what you have to figure out. You have to consider that I make Demonic Items every time so crafting your perfect items isn't going to change anything for me" Jonathan nodded, understanding what she meant. She needed something new, more interesting that hadn't been implemented into alchemy yet. Jonathan opened his inventory and pulled out a book. A book of research notes in which he had been planning to make several new and improved items. He had yet to successfully make one of them yet, but he knew with as much time as he had put in to it, he could do it. "I am going to need a few certain materials since I don't have a special item that I have in my laboratory"  

Demeter frowned before replying, "Any found kind of material will be available. Merely speak its name, and I will create it" Nodding Jonathan would start creating an Absol, an item that would allow even insoluble elements to dissolve. This was the secret to crafting two solutions to make a solution that safely allowed both properties. He had successfully crafted an Absol before, and would just require to make another. Sitting down at a table, he would grab few tools and vials. He would start a burner, and command, "45 Milliliters Dihydrogen Monoxide" Instantly, the vial was filled to exact proportion. 'Cool' he thought. 'I don't have to measure anything out'. He would set the vial atop the flame to begin to heat. "15 Grams carbon, 13 grams sodium, 4 grams silver" The items would create themselves in front of him. He would turn around to look at her. "How is you creating the items follow the law of equivalent exchange?" Demeter would sigh and reply, "The items are already out in the world. I am merely bringing them from deep within the soil to here before us" He nodded and returned to his work. 

His vial began to heat, the water now boiling. "Alright, now is where we start" Following the recordings in his research notes, he began to sift just the right amount of materials in at a time. As he finished, he quickly corked the vial and shook it. "I need this vial cooled rapidly" Demeter held out her hand a Jonathan tentatively handed the hot  vial to the woman's bare hands. She was unfazed by the vials heat and she uncorked the vial. A blue glow began to gleam from her hand until the Dihydrogen monoxide stopped its boil. Jonathan reached for the vial and locked it into place within a vial holder. Grabbing a tiny par of tongs, he reached into the vial and felt something solid able to be grabbed. Please with his results, he pulled out a small dark graying stone in a player cursor shape. He showed it to the woman. "This is an absol. We need this for the potion we are going to make" Demeter frowned at his words. "What could this small crystal possibly have to do with the potion we are making. I have never had to make something to make something else in alchemy" 

Jonathan chuckled. "Well doing this opens up an entire new field of Alchemy I have hardly begun to discover. I have always wondered how the crazy enemy alchemist men have created potions and tinctures to start fires, poisonous gasses, or craft potions to make one sleep. I knew there was more to do with my alchemy and that is what I have been studying lately" Demeter nodded understanding. She probably had no want for the potions those alchemists were developing. She was about nature and fetility of the soil, not how to kill nature and others. "Now that we are done with the absol, we must let it sit for an entire hour as the stone itself is still warm on the inside and will react differently if it is not allowed to cool very slowly" Jonathan chuckled. He looked to the bottom side of his wrist where there was a watch sticking out from the edges of his sleeve. "What do gods eat?" Demeter chuckled. "Foolish mortal, if you eat ambrosia or drink nectar you will burn, your blood will turn to sand and your skin to leather. None may eat or drink the food of the gods. It is for immortals only" 

Jonathan sighed. "Is there anything in this entire place for me to eat?" Demeter waved her hand, bringing him to another section of the room. She pointed back to the door in which they had come. "Back out the door, make a right. Two doors down to your left and you will find a large garden. Pick of any food in there that you would like" Jonathan nodded, heading out the door. "Damn Absols. Why do they take up so much time to make. I guess cooling would be required of a precipitate from a boiling substance" He sighed and moved down. He would find the door he was supposed to go into and pushed the door open. At first an assault of various different fruits and vegetables would catch his eyes. "Amazing" he would say. Everything about Olympus astonished him. Picking an apple, his eye would catch another shape, picking graped from a vine. Coming closer, Jonathan would find that it was the NPC that had brought him here. "Douglas? What are you doing here?" The satyr turned, popping a few grapes his mouth. "Yo, is that Jonathan I see? Did she approve of you yet? She's pretty bitter to failures jsut so you know. Ever since her daughter was forced to spend her winter months down in the underworld, she becomes so very sad" 

Jonathan shook his head. "What does her being sad have to do with anything?" Douglas bleated and replied, "Did I not tell you? Well the last one who failed her was turned into a patch of wildflowers that were picked and used for tea" Jonathan gasped. "She will turn me into a garden of wildflowers?" Douglas nodded and handed Jonathan a few grapes. "Good luck. M break time is over I gotta go find the next person with alchemical experience" The satyr left, leaving Jonathan alone in the room. Apparently, Demeter was also uncaring for human life and used her powers to inflict wrath of failed players. "if the absol fails, then I die. Simple" He finished his food, feelign less hungry cut much more uncomfortable. He pushed through the door and moved back into the alchemy room. He had only took thirty minutes of his time eating and talking. This meant he had the next thirty minutes to make his next two potions. He sat back down to his work and commanded for water carbon and iron. As they came he began to make his first potion. The vanity potion. 

Jonathan began to make his first potion in a timely fashioned manner. He mixed the ingredients, not having to worry about any special methods as it was just a normal potion. Stirring, shaking and mixing were all part of the process to making his first vanity potion. As the product became finished he sat down the potion right next to his first used vial that contained the absol at first. "You have managed to take longer than any of the people that trialed before you. Are you almost finished?" Jonathan nodded his head. "I am two thirds of the way finished. Bare with me and you will truly like the results" Demeter muttered something in an incomprehensible language, most likely greek which he only knew the alphabet too. "If only you were Roman" He sighed and sat back down at his work. Asking for the main ingredients for a mitigation potion, he would quickly begin to work, sweating becoming to gather in the furrows of his brows. 'Its much harder work when I understand that my life could be in danger if I fail her' 

Jonathan quickly began to stir and shake his potion, before letting it sit still. He examined the potions contents and noticed that the potion was perfectly created for a mitigation potion. "Now this is where I and every other alchemist differ" he would tell the goddess. He would grab a third and last vial, placing the absol into it. Ge would then grab both of the two potions he had made and slowly began to pour each of their contents into the third vial. Within time, he had filled up the third vial with 3/4ths of each of the two potions. Corking the third vial, he would begin to shake and with a smile he would display it to the goddess. "Explain what you have done Morgenstern" The blond chuckled. "Normally, if a player were to try and mix together two potions like this, the more dense solution would move to the bottom and the less dense potions would move to the top. This means that they would never truly mix together to make a single potion. With the Absol, we have forced both potions dissolve and then reform back together" Pleased with his work he would watch her examine his potion.  

The Goddess, finished looking at the vial handed it back to and said, "Drink it and show me what it does" He accepted the vial and uncorked it. He hoped he really just hadn't made a deadly poison instead of a metal mitigation potion. He drank from the liquids contents, draining the vial. It had a metallic taste that he didn't like, but he also didn't add any essences to ake it taste better. Successfully, the potion added a +3 Mitigation effect to his cursor bar. He would then look down at his body. Nothing was happening. Then, from his fingertips, the skin began turning straight into metal. it crept from his fingertips down his arm where there it began to spread until his whole bods was made of metal. "What has happened to you?" Jonathan laughed and moved with ease. The metal did not apprehend him at all. "I have mixed a vanity potion and an enhanced potion to make a mitigation potion that my body turns to metal. Essentially, I may now be called the Fullmetal Alchemist" The woman grabbed his arm, trying to push it in. "You are made of solid metal now, and you have increased defensive capabilities" 

The goddess seemed rather pleased with his work. Demeter turned and pointed to the cauldron, it completely fading from existence. "You will find that where it is needed most. Congratulations, your skill and intellect with Alchemy has changed my ways of thinking on the limits of non-destructive alchemy" Jonathan smiled, pleased that he had past the test and the quest. "I believe you have already found yourself a suitable name. The Fullmetal Alchemist has a ring to it" Jonathan bowed out of respect, the Metal not even restricting his movement. "I only do what I do best" Demeter pointed at Jonathan. "Since I am here with you, I can teleport you farther. You will arrive back at the town where my satyr picked you up" A green circle appeared around him and he began to glow before poofing into green mist. He opened his eyes back to the town where had had started, feet away from the teleport pad. He startled a few players and N{C's by his sudden existence. He passed some players as he stepped to the teleport gate. "Rasler" 

Jonathan arrived in Rasler and stretched as he began to make his way toward his home. He would quickly arrive, stopping to talk with Sylestia and Vanir. "Hello you two, any suspicious activity today?" The two shook their heads in response. Vanir spoke, saying, "We have had five visitors today from three to five" Konathan nodded and replied, "Alright then, close the ates and you guys can go get some rest" They saluted and replied, "Sir" together. He would walk forward, entering the manor. He would look down at his watch and notice her had a ood hour before dinner was to be served. He would take this time to move to the top floor, take a key from his pocket and unlock the door to his laboratory. he would look to the middle and notice his cauldron was gone, replaced by the cauldron Demeter had shown him. "Good" He would set down at his research desk and begin to write results from the day's experience that the Absol had been successfully tested and it had worked. Three different times he had tried to make the item, but had failed every time until now. He listed the exact ingredients for his item. 

"There we go" 

He quickly also noted that the potion and its metal effects lasted for about three hours before having to be reapplied. He then voided the potion and his skin returned to normal and hi sstats decreased. He also then moved out of his armor, and into his dinner clothes before moving down back to the kitchen. "Good evening Remelia" he would say as he seen the blue haired maid finishing fixing dinner. It appeared she was making pulled pork. 'I swear, I am going to become dependent getting food like this all the time' "Good evening sir, I almost have dinner prepared for you" He smiled. "Splendid" he would say, the goddess's words ringing in his head. He moved out to the dining room to find Ramelia setting down a plate, fork and knife for him to eat with. "Any problems within the library?" The maid shook her head. He wondered if she enjoyed her days of servitude. Maybe, they all needed a break. "Today is Saturday, correct?" Ramelia looked to him and replied, "That would be correct sir" Jonathan smiled. "Good" was all he said for now

Ramelia left the room, going to assist her sister to set dinner. Within five minutes, both of them returned with several dishes that smelled amazing, As they set it on the plate and dished it for him, he beamed at the both of them. "Sit" he commanded. The both bowed, Ramelia speaking for the both of them. "It is rude to sit ourselfs at the table as if we were equivalent to you, sir" Jonathan shook his head. "That's actually a large portion of my problem. I once used to be like that taking my servants for granted. The problem is, I almost despise the idea of it. I understand you enjoy this life, but I think you all need a break every once in a while. I am scheduling for free day for all personnel on Sundays. If you have anyhting you would like to do, you may all go" Rem was surprisingly the one to speak next. "But, Sir ho-" Jonathan raised his voice. "No buts. I consider you all friends and equals and relish your time and patience with me. You have all made my day so much more efficient lately. I don't sleep in, I don't have to worry about eating all the time, I have scheduled time for studying and its great" 

The maids would nod, understanding he was firm in his decision. "Remelia, I also learned that unlike Ram, you quite often run out of things to do and are quite unpleased with that. I am thinking about moving my shop here so I will do all of my crafting here instead of a place on the Seventh floor. You may tkae orders an dgive them to be when I rearriv. I can craft before bed every night" The blue hair maid curtsied. "That would please me, thank you sir" Jonathan nodded. "Speaking of which, I think I shall be calling it a day much earlier today. I was challenged greatly in mental capacity in skill today and I need to rest" After finishing his food, He would nod to the maids and exit the dining room headin gup to his room. He would hop in the shower for a quick minutes before hopping right into the bed. As his head hit the pillow he would think. Things are really starting to come together. I have a Unique, a house, and one the title of one of the best alchemists in Aincrad" He looked out his window to the starry night sky before his body and inactiveness would lull him into a dreamless sleep. 

RP Completed

2 Skill Points
Demeter's Cauldron: +1 CD