[F4/F23] A much needed talk/ A reason to learn <<Essence of Steel>>

I take a slow deep breathe in and let out a huff of annoyance as i look towards Keres. Wondering why she is trying to prove i am like Domarus in any sense. You keep saying i am like Domarus without giving me any actual comparisons, so from my perspective you are making baseless claims that are meant to try and annoy me. Furthermore, i know how to think and believe for myself i am willing to believe what others tell me since they come from sources such as friends or those i deem family. I put my entire trust in such people to not lead me astray from the path i walk. I don't just follow blindly with what the general population of Aincrad could say. I've hunted down names and met killers to try and get to know them. With...varying levels of success. I say thinking of my meeting with Aereth that could've gone much better if i hadn't angered or annoyed him or something along those lines rather early on with my discussions. If you want to go somewhere i would prefer not to since in my eyes we're talking about a subject i wouldn't wish for random people to overhear. You know? I don't need people getting the wrong opinion about me, and starting to fear me for no reason at all if they get some assumption from only hearing part of a conversation. I say towards her just being honest about the whole going out to drink situation.

I listen to her go on about the anger issue and shrugs my shoulder as i look towards her. I guess that can be the case considering he didn't take a chance to start beating me up during the sand shark quest, but that can be attested to also that he was out in public thus couldn't afford the risk of trying to harm me and going orange also. I say towards the maid girl while relaxing. Though you didn't answer my question either Keres. Why are you the way you are? What happened to make you like pain?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven just nods her head in understanding of that. yeah i can understand that mainly the only difference between my sister and you are beliefs, way of doing things, the obvious you know.gender thing. Throwing in the last one for a small joke. And well general reason you interact with people. From what i an perceive she interacts with others to make friends and try to get to know them. From yourself it sounds like every interaction is a carefully laid plan to try and gain a resource then anything else. She says towards her mentor acknowledging the similarities, but pointing out some differences that are worth showing the two sides of the coin rather then the mirror theory. She glances about the area and then looks back towards her mentor. Sooo how much longer till we get back home? She asks curiously.

"Oh Hestie~  of course I'm doing this to get you emotional.  I'd go insane if I didn't have a pastime to help me forget the lack of any.  Pain..  In this.  World...  But it's also true.  I'm the only eye witness of course, though your sister seems to see it too.  I doubt you'd believe me because I'm his friend, and I doubt you'd believe your sister because he's, as you put it:  'manipulating and deceiving her'."  When she stated that she'd rather not go somewhere else, Keres giggled and tossed Hestia a whiskey.

"In that case drink up.  Irish made.  Alcohol doesn't exist in this world so in the end all it does is calm people down.  Make em drowsy if you drink too much.  You 'civil' people and your tea.  Spice things up a bit you."  When Hestia spoke about Domarus and how he only has control of his anger for his own uses she rolled her eyes again.

"On and on and on you go about how f***ing terrible he is.  I was told you were the most positive and uplifting person anyone knew.  How about you try using that side of yours for once eh?  You are so biased against Domarus that you simply and outright refuse to see him in any good light whatsoever."  When Hestia pried for more details about her past she took a long drink.

"Tell you what?  Stop attacking my only friend and the only thing he dedicates his life to, and then I'd consider.  I only ever tell my friends this little secret of mine.  And I am very good at keeping secrets~"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He heard her joke but he didn't feel humor anymore.  And she would see that.  The humor had died in him in his childhood.  What she would see was a hollow grin that was specifically for her.  For her to know that he wasn't going to not react, and would do at least something for her.  When she spoke about the manner in which they interacted he replied with:

"And why should I seek friends?  My aim is to dominate everything and everyone.  To make friends this way is to create weaknesses.  I need warriors, cold strong and cunning.  I need people who are able to stomach who I truly am so we can reach the end game.  Why should I care about these weaklings?  These people who run around like there is no care in the world.  Who waste their lives so willingly.  Who give themselves over to temptation and corruption and death so easily?  It is these same people who commit suicide because they aren't strong enough to realize how lucky they have it.  And the rest of them?  Just pretend no one is hurting or dying around them.  Why should I give a d**n about them?  No.  They are only resources at that point.  The moment they chose to waste their life, they became nothing.  There is no reason I should care.  There is no reason I should befriend them."

@Hestia

Then we're simply at a impass keres. I simply want to know what you see in him that could make you like him to any extent besides wanting to indulge in your pleasures unlike other people which i am going to assume has something to do with things. I see her set a alcoholic drink in front of me as i raise an eyebrow at that. Look i know the game was produced in Japan.... i then pause as i count the years i have been here within the game as my eyes widen slightly. I've been in here so long i am now the legal drinking age. I say softly in surprise to myself as i rest my head against a hand to process that little bit as i glance down towards the beverage thinking in a new light. With a slow and hesitant manner i slowly take a sip of the drink. Having never had alcoholic anything ever in my life, so this being a entirely new experience. i then look back towards keres. of course i would go on about how horrible he is. He has only shown the bad side of himself, so what do you expect of me to think of him as? Some nice knight in shining armor meant to save the kids in the end for the intention of being a just and good person? I say with heavy sarcasm towards the maid girl. Pointing out my perspective of where i am coming from. Not knowing this good side, and having only seen his absolute horrible side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven looks towards Domarus with a small grin to herself as if she knows something. But you already did that exact thing Domarus. Whether you would want to admit that you took me in cause you saw potential in me? Please i was just a child stumbling around in that forest till you killed those wolves. You befriended me that is just a fact. You befriended a weak and ignorant girl who had spent so much time trying to find her sister she almost got killed by a level four wolf practically. you just took that weakling and give her strength and a ability to see another viewpoint from knowing the individual behind the viewpoint. To outsiders you are just a walking philosophy and viewpoint that they won't understand unless they understand the person, and why they think their philosophy is the correct and only one. There is this and that. It is this or that when it comes to people, so only philosophy can win and that is the one that tries to prevail over all others until the holders of that idea die. She says as she looks towards her mentor. And ideas don't die they carry on since they are thoughts that can spawn in anyone.

"I'm afraid I can't disclose that information until I'm certain I can trust you Hesti.  Don't get me wrong, you're cute and sweet, but when it comes to Domarus you lose it.  And seeing as how Domarus is the one thing in my life that I care about, I can't share anything with you unless you prove you can have self control and not do anything against him."  When she mentions how she was now drinking age Keres just chuckles and takes another drink.  When Hestia spoke she was silent for a moment and took another drink.

"Would you believe me if I told you yes?  For children that is.  He doesn't care much about those who can do something about their life but choose not to.  Or people who think they can save the world that doesn't want to be saved.  But children?  Those people who are completely powerless in mind and body?  Who are so easily manipulated and influenced by their parents and strangers?  He wants them to have a chance..  When we started in this world it was a girl with pink hair.  Never seen anyone else get so close to him before.  The next big event was your sister.  I of course was the first overall."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I saved you, protected you, not because you were strong Raven.  It was because you showed the strong will to survive.  You were completely powerless.  You weren't like the others.  You didn't squander power, you had none.  You were never given a choice.  So I gave you one.  I didn't hate nor care for you.  What I do care about however, is allowing people to actually have the chance to do something.  Had you chosen a road against me I would have abandoned you to find your own path.  And it doesn't matter if anyone understands me or not.  Your sister is living proof:  No one will care.  About the mission.  About the goal at the end...  It's just me and whoever I manipulate to my own means."  He began to quicken his pace a little, moving forward towards the town.  He wasn't in the mood to keep grinding today.  He wasn't in the mood to look for materials.  He needed to restrategize against Hestia once and for all.

@Hestia

I look down as i fight back a biting remark knowing it is false as i sigh softly as i look into the alcoholic drink and then quickly does a small quick shot of it as i glance back towards keres, and then away from her as i try to think of what to say. I know my sister is changed then from when she first entered in here.. i know i've failed her as a big sister. I couldn't protect her at all..i didn't even know she had a nervegear also and put herself in this stupid position. Now she has this new way of being that i can barely see the same sweet little sister that i said bye too for a few hours thinking it would be just that. A few hours that turned into two years. Now i don't see that same innocence or happiness within her replaced with maturity that is beyond her age group that she shouldn't even have. I say softly as i think back to the spying on that forming crime guild as i think to Fae. I guess it changes everyone in some shape. This game. I guess it is just naivety that just hoped she never entered here and wished that she did she could escape unchanged. I say softly as the wave of realization hits me hard as i look down at the ground as i feel my familiar nuzzle up against me as i smile down at my familiar as i get onto one knee and just hugs him tightly resting my head against his fur. 'How hard do i push this guy with my nonstop walking?' I think to myself curiously. So..i guess i could believe you if you say he has some kind of connection with children.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven looks towards her mentor and then says to him. She believes that the ends don't justify the means that it takes to get to their. That is something she use to tell me constantly when it came to making some decision. Her common little phrase to help me keep me on the straight and narrow. She doesn't believe manipulation is a just and right way to go about doing anything for a end goal that could be good. Raven says to Domarus with a nod of her head while walking alongside him in the direction towards the direction of the main settlement.

Keres nodded at Hestia's words and swirled her bottle around a bit.

"Only change that happened to Domarus was his resolve.  This world has only made him more determined to complete his mission.  As usual, I'm there for him..  Every step of the way.."  She took another drink as Hestia continued, stating that she could indeed believe her when it came to the children.

"Well that's a start.  At least you're open to seeing him in a different light.  You may encounter him when he's more...  Open one day, if you're careful enough.  Just keep your eyes open, and try not to be so biased and stubborn against him.  Try putting yourself in his shoes.  Remember what he told you about his childhood.  About how he was raised.  Remember what he went through whenever you run into him."

"Doesn't matter what people's opinions are about the means.  One fact remains:  It's the only real way to go about it.  The only true way to succeed in saving this world.  Doesn't matter how corrupt it is.  I knew what I was the moment I started on this mission.  I've accepted my fate so I don't give a s**t what your sister thinks."  He continued to walk, though slowed down a bit to keep from seeming angry.

"So Raven.  What do you think?  What are your honest feelings?  Do you believe what she says?  That the end doesn't justify the means?  Do you disagree with my methods?"  he needed to get her to tell him the truth.  To not avoid telling the whole truth, not hiding anything or twisting anything to seem like the truth but not really be it.  He needed to know for sure, whose side she was on truly.  He was suspicious of her earlier and he wanted those doubts lifted.  But whether they would be lifted or made stronger was entirely up to what she said next, the manner in which she said it, and how she appeared when she said it.

@Hestia

I look towards keres with a raised eyebrow. I said i can understand wanting to protect the children don't jump the gun anytime soon. I can understand that much at the very least, but he matures them more so then what they deserve if he does that for every child he would meet in the real world. Being a child is a unique time where you're meant to have fun, and be ignorant for while. To enjoy the youth and all the fun that comes with not knowing how much life actually sucks. To take that moment of time away from them is ruining a aspect of life that is not needed. To have every child grow cynical about things isn't something that should happen. As i said i Raven came in being innocent, and now she knows much more then she ever should in terms of having such experience in viewing things. There are reasons why i believe as soon as all of us leave this game we're going to have the worst case of PTSD ever when it comes to holding any weapons at all and seeing animals. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders as i relax and looks towards keres. To me Domarus is still not a kind person by any stretch of the imagination, i know he means good, but the means by which he is trying to do it is nothing i will ever agree with. Is nothing i could ever condone either and thus i will stop his methods since they are unjust. I say towards keres.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven looks towards her mentor and nods her head knowing he wants her to be honest. I don't believe twisting peoples arms figuratively or literally in any sense. Via the methods of threats, manipulation, or anything of that sort is something that should ever be done Domarus. Though i also know that my sister's belief in hoping that things are going to go okay and if you just be kind things will be fine either is also stupid. her plans only work on a small scale with a community that is tight-knit to have such interactions work on such small scales. It allows for such peacefulness to exist though on a larger scale that is probably going to fail spectacularly since it wouldn't work globally there is to much human history separating every nation, and even faiths away from each other. To hope that kindness works wouldn't work, and manipulation well convincing the pope to go along with manipulation wouldn't work if you can catch my drift. Raven says to her mentor.

Keres sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Whatever.  Regardless of what happens you seem so insistent on treating him like he's the villain of Aincrad, of the entire world.  What does that make you, the heroine?..  Domarus is going to be here soon and I don't think you'll want him seeing you as of right now.  Here.  Take another bottle.  Treats on me.  Helps me forget that I can't feel pain..  I wonder what it will help you with...."  She took another drink after saying this, and Porvós slithered off of Keres and over to Hestia.

Domarus could see the town and thus, the teleport pad which was coming in close.  they were getting rather close to home at this point.  He turned to her as she shared her thoughts, which were both annoying and interesting to hear.  She disagreed with both of their methods, but he'd show her how effective he could be.  As he trained her she would learn the true power of manipulation and deception.  His plan would be going along perfectly if it weren't for Hestia getting a hold of his journal.  Though it was partly his fault, one that he would never again duplicate.  He turned to Raven again to ask one more question.

"And with that I ask you this, and don't lie:  Do you intend to continue working with me as I work towards my goals?  As I work towards world domination to change it once and for all?  Are you planning to work beside me and not against me?  Albeit of course your sister will never be in harms way...  Assuming I can figure a way to keep her quiet in the real world that is."  He needed to know.  Was she on his side?  Was she against him?  Was she neutral helping both sides?  He wasn't entirely sure yet but this would tell him for certain..

@Hestia

I'm only going to use this for celebrations. I say as  i take the bottle and puts it back into my inventory as i nod towards my familiar. Come on Kuro lets go before porcupine shows up. I say towards my familiar with a grin as i leave the shop and then makes my way towards the direction of the teleport gate keeping my hands within my pocket as i stop onto the pad after moving as fast as i could and saying the simple command phrase. Teleport, floor twenty three. With that i am off of the floor and out of there to go and prep for some adventuring and going back to what i originally planned for the day. Mapping out floor twenty three with notes of the inhabitants that lurk about that would require some plan in knowing how to approach people, and where some grinding spots i can use would be located at. Though if the news is correct nature's treasure is back which means i could go there for the loot anyhow for the best time of just gaining as much as i can. 'Okay so use this to find monster pits that could kill unprepared players via ambushes or something.' i think to myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven looks towards her mentor and says the honest answer. I'm not going to go against your plans since i know for myself that would be a useless thing to try and do. In terms of aiding you i guess not really if i am being honest. I am willing to accept training and such, so that i can defend myself and helping your guild advance via trying to aid as a power in such things. Though in a sense of aiding you in manipulating others that won't be occurring, but at the same time i won't be trying to actively stop you from doing such things. Just give a reminder that if you are going to do so i would request not to be present since i would prefer not seeing something that i view as unjust. She says towards her mentor as they walk along as the town of snowfrost is well into view for the duo of them.