[F22-PP] Figures of the past <<What We Fight For>>

She slowly gets back up off of the ground and looks around as she sees another hazy figure that looks like he is wearing some kind of blue clothing, and black pants. The face being hazy to not make any detail but the outfit is clear. A cop? I say softly in confusion as the figure walks away as i just turn around and starts walking in another random direction confused on what is even happening at this point. Why such figures are appearing and why some are more defined then others. I make my way through the area as i see the figures slowly become more and more defined as i then hear a angry roar of defiance as i walk on over seeing hazy figures that looks like nobody that i would know. With Domarus attacking one of them?! I look where he has him pinned and sees that it almost looks like a door? Seeing that i slowly make my way through the crowd as i make my way towards where Domarus pinned the child as i gaze into his eye for a brief moment before i open the adjacent door where he had pinned the kid. They aren't real. Check your health bar. Is all i say as i make my way down the steps slowly and curiously having made the comment since it has only increased rather then decrease. Knowing from keres that such anger is only known when he had been pissed which would come from physical violence in this case most likely. I check the walls and only sees reflections of myself, but instead of them being of me..it is almost like i'm walking down my timeline of life. From infancy towards where i am now with every step that i take. With every step reflecting a year of life.

#101153 LD:18+3=21 (hestia found the chamber)

Domarus knew they weren't real.  He didn't care.  They were preventing him from progressing so he moved them.  The figure vanished after she spoke however so he tightened his fist and stood like nothing happened.  He followed Hestia through the doorway and walked down the staircase.  There were many images and almost clips from his past.  He couldn't see Hestia's life as it was her own, but his life was very much clear... Except instead of going from his childhood to now, it was moving in reverse.  He watched as his memories moved from his first job which would ignite the spark that would launch him into his conquest, back to school which he had dominated.  To his childhood where he played video games as practice.  It was happening slower than written, but for Domarus it felt like the snap of a finger.  He had made progress in such short time.  He had much to accomplish when he returned to the real world.  When it hit the scenes with his father his eyes narrowed under the helmet.  The visor flared and his fist tightened.  He watched as the man showed his younger self videos of terrorists torturing men in the middle of the street, in sight of soldiers who could do nothing because of hostages.  It was one of the many thousand horrors his father showed him.  The many horrors and truths of what this world truly was.  And that the only way to avoid it?  Was to be in full and absolute control...

@Hestia

I make my way through the mirrors knowing distantly that Domarus is beside me as i watch my younger self progress through life as i smile and openly tear up at the sights that i see. Of my telling stories at the table of how he caught some bad guys, and made sure they were treated correctly and that they weren't arrested under false reasonings. Of the stories of him being a hero by chasing after people who run from justice, and how he saved so many lives from threats. I then watch as i live a carefree life and getting able to see myself hold my baby sister when she gets carried home. hearing the promise of being the best big sister i could by protecting her. To be her hero during the dark times of life by being a symbol of justice and love for her. I see the scenes switch to my father teaching me through example of what is right. Of seeing myself see him rescue cats, and helping out the community on his own time if he sees something wrong happening. To protect those who are to weak to protect themselves whenever possible. I see the scene switch again to a different officer coming home one day and telling the news of my fathers death i see myself in the past look confused and slowly tearing up. The sounds of tears falling and hitting the ground in the present and past happening as both my younger self and i cry as i can feel the emotions from that day rush towards me as i continue pushing myself forward. Knowing i can't allow myself to get caught in the past anymore. I watch myself grow older and take care of my sister every step of the way. Taking on jobs in every shape and manner every year and day i could throughout the rest of my life while still taking care of my sister and teaching her the lessons dad had passed onto me as best as i could. I see myself putting on the nerve gear with a promise of finally taking a break from working to much, as the mirror reflect back my own image now. I chuckle softly and sadly to myself at how that lesson was the one that took the longest to learn even though it was the one i entered the game trying to do. At seeing my entire life play out before my eyes and how i only came here to this point with my beliefs from following my dad's example. That the best way to inspire peace and happiness. Is by treating others with respect and kindness to spread that feeling and a peaceful world can be achieved through that. Determination, patience, kindness to one another was what required a peaceful world.

Manipulation.  Deception.  Persuasion.  Strength.  Determination.  Power.  Relentless.  These were the traits he'd use to conquer and reforge the world.  He would Manipulate those around them since they were either too corrupt to be good, or too good to do what was necessary.  He would use Deception because he was not the hero the world wanted or craved.  He was what it needed, and what it feared.  And to preserve himself and the plan, he would use the shadows as his cloak, mask and dagger.  He would Persuade those he encountered, whether to follow him or work with him.  Charisma was a very powerful ally in this world.  Strength because he would certainly encounter physical forces that aimed to have him kill.  And he would destroy them first.  Determination because of the long trek ahead of him.  Power that came in every form, be it strength, political, numbers, or leverage.  Relentless because his opponents would be so as well.  Hestia, Raven, Esther, the Celestial Ascendants.  They were all fools to believe this world could be healed and fixed through good acts alone.  The world was evil and corrupt, and would lash out and destroy that goodness, matching it and beyond tenfold.  Every time..  Death.  Physical and emotional torture.  Be strong or die.  This was the world's rule.  And it hasn't changed since the beginning.

@Hestia

Kindness, free will, determination, patience, understanding of one another. The pillars of the world that can promote a better place if everybody could follow that simple principal with one another. The free will to choose whatever path on life that might seem like the right one even if it could lead towards the wrong type of things one would want. it still matters they had the choice to make such a decision to learn from their terrible decisions. Kindness and understanding of one another leading towards a peaceful interactions and learning to be tolerant and able to understand why people do the things they do in the very end. To not judge people based on how they look or anything of the such. To be patient and determined that such a world can be created through sharing such pillars with others by being the living embodiment and example that others can take note of. To try and let others grow through their lives. The premise of a peaceful world not ruled through fear, the ideal one.

I shake my head to get out of my thoughts and memories as i look forward and sees that the halls lead to a small chamber that i enter curiously and looks about seeing all the versions of me just looking down as if judging my very presence for being here as i look towards them curiously. With the images suddenly appearing as the room suddenly goes dark from my perception as once it lights up i see a scene play out as if i am right in the room with them. I feel tears well up in my eyes as i see the goal of what i wish could happen. Something i wish could of been in front of my eyes. Tears fall as i see a family picnic that happened so long ago.

Dad come on let me hold her pleeasee. I promise to make sure she stays safe. A young Ember Nite says while looking at her father with pleading eyes as she looks towards her baby sister that is being held in her daddy's big arms. Well okay, but only for a moment okay. She is still not strong enough to be on her own in anyway. Keep her close and hold her gently for me. The voice of her father says in a gentle tone of voice as he gets onto one knee and puts her baby sister within her arms. Ember looks down to her sister in amazement at how tiny she is. At how fragile and cute she looks. A smile beaming happily from her face. I promise to be the strongest big sister ever! Bullies better watch out while i am around. Nobody is going to get past me while i am on the case! She says proudly with a smile as her parents start giggling at those words as she looks between them confused. Wha-What are you laughing at! I am going to make sure nobody ever hurts her. That is my promise as the daughter of a police officer. Ember says with a huff as her hair gets ruffled by her mother. You better eat right then, and learn from your father. I am sure he can tell you all about how to become the best protector. After all he protects everybody on a daily basis. She says in a sweet and kind tone as Ember's eyes sparkle and turns to her Dad. Can you teach me please! i want to become a cop like you one day to help you out i can need the practice now! She says excitedly as her father rubs her hair and says with a kind life. Of course sweety i will teach you how to protect yourself first though. How about i teach you some self defense moves i learned back in my academy days. He says as the voice slowly becomes faded and distant as the scene slowly fades. Really! Thaat would be so- Ember's voice cuts off as the scene ends.

i fall to my knees in tears as i try to sniffle and wipe the tears away as a picture appears at my knees of myself learning how to fight alongside my dad while in the park while my mother is holding my little sister who is giggling at the sight in the distant. Myself looking shaky and like i am about to fall to the ground. However, i don't notice the picture too busy slowly trying to get my emotional state back in check from everything that just happened. Once i clear my eyes i see the picture and tentatively picks it up with a bittersweet look. The day before he died. i was going to learn so much from him. I say softly as i rest my head against the mirror like wall of the room.

Domarus continued down the flight of stairs, not caring about Hestia or this quest even.  He just wanted to find the source of all of this and put it out of it's misery.  No one messed with his mind and got away with it.  Domarus would make them suffer, even if it was cardinal.  Once he had beaten this game and helped them all escape, he'd have his men hack the system and give Cardinal a body.  A body he could torture to the end of days.  He would have his revenge.  As they reached the bottom his armor suddenly entered his inventory, leaving him in only his black shirt and pants.  His eyes narrowed at the action and he tried to open his menu but it wouldn't do so.  One could almost see a fire flare in his eyes at this.  No one took his possessions and got away with it.  Not even the God of this world and his pet cardinal.  He sighed in frustration and anger as there really wasn't much he could do.  Raven would hear nothing of this of course, and if Hestia saw anything he'd make sure she remained silent of what they found here as well.  She'd probably hate him for it but he didn't care.  She hated him period.  That was the end of it.  Domarus walked beside Hestia as she made the advance, choosing to move forward.  He was guessing Kayaba wanted emotional reaction and not just a suit of armor standing there, and that was why he removed his helmet and armor.

When he reached the end however, what he saw wasn't what he had expected whatsoever.  In fact when he figured it out, he didn't think it was possible at all.  He saw nothing but a white room, bright lights and the like.  There was a lot of crying and noise going along when suddenly a face came into view.  She was a very beautiful woman with red hair and deep green eyes.  She started speaking the way one would speak and comfort an infant...  While she was staring at..  Domarus' eyes widened, slowly.  Shock on his face and, for the first time in an eternity, there was a sheen in his eyes.  As if they were going to water but were fighting against it.  He could't speak.  He couldn't move.  Because he was looking into a face he never thought he would ever, EVER see in his life.  His mother.  Who died only a few weeks after giving birth to him.

"Shhhhh shh shh shhhh...  It's ok Harken. Mommy's here.  I'll be here a little while longer, don't worry."  Domarus couldn't understand it, how the hell was he seeing this?!  How could Cardinal pull this memory from his mind?  He couldn't even remember it!  How could a machine pull a memory he no longer had access to.  Yet even as he thought this he fell silent as she spoke again.

"Don't worry Harken.  I'm here for you, even if it's not physically.  I'll be with you in spirit.  Stay strong my darling.  Shhhh shhh.  Rest now, rest while I'm here."  The memory ended.  It was quick, it was swift.  Only a minute long at most.  But it was so much for him to take in.  She had red hair as he suspected.  She had an Irish accent which surprised him as he didn't realize how traditional she was.  She apparently knew she was dying but she seemed at peace with it.  Domarus stood there as the memory faded and he placed his hand on it, wishing it would repeat.  So he could hear her voice one last time.  One more time so he could repeat it in his head forever.  But it didn't repeat.  No...  NO.  He thought.  He pounded his closed fist against the wall and roared.

"NOOOOOO!!  DON'T YOU DARE DO THIS TO ME KAYABA!!  DON'T PULL THIS S**T ON ME!!  I WILL F***ING END YOU!!"  

@Hestia

I sniffle softly as i hear some angry voice as i slowly get up picking up my own picture as i quickly switch back to my black cloak as i hide the picture within the pocket of my black cloak as i look towards Domarus who is pounding against the wall. I look towards the exit knowing i could leave right now, and feel nothing about it later. I then glance back towards Domarus and with a sigh i start taking a few hesitant steps forward. 'Keres you better being F****n grateful for this.' i think to myself as i lightly tap Domarus upon his shoulder. Hey.. you okay? What did you see? I ask in a soft and gentle tone of voice showing no signs of anger, aggression, or anything of the sort when speaking towards the clearly distraut man about whatever he had seen within that mirror. With whatever the game decided to pull from his memory it obviously was something angry, or something he had cared about much more then anything i had seen from the mirror. I look into the reflective glass and actually sees something that shocks me. 'Tears? or at least the beginning of them.' I think to myself in wonder and slight confusion. Having not expected something like that from the master manipulator.

Domarus stood there, his eyes full of fiery rage, but also a tear forming in his eyes.  He ground his fingers into the wall so hard it was a wonder the code hadn't broken and just let him tear this whole building down by now.  Suddenly he heard Hestia's voice from behind him.  No hostility in her voice.  But that was just her knee jerk response.  She didn't really care about Domarus, nor would she ever.  She hated manipulation, and he was the incarnation of that.  Therefore she hated him.  Simple as that.  However she had broken him out of that wrathful trance allowing him to see the picture he had just received.  The unfortunate part was that it was in view of others to see it.  He quickly moved his hand preventing further sight and sent it into his inventory.  He turned to her, the tears now gone.  He stood over her and said:

"You speak one word of this to anyone.  I will make you regret having lived in the first place."  With that he turned and shot up the staircase once more.  He would exit the door to see a surprised Keres and told her to follow before she could say anything.  She knew his state:  Something personal happened and he was wrathful.  she grinned as she thought of her future beating.  He called for Raven to come as well.  He didn't even realize that down where Hestia still was, the tiny crack he made in the wall still lingered.  His pain, shock, anger, longing and joy.  would remain permanently in the crack in the wall...

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.4eb5ac55d8fb5b90979cce4d20ef5dac.jpg

@Hestia

I look down to the picture seeing what it is and smiles a bit sadly at seeing enough details of the red hair which i could only guess is either his mother, or possible a sibling he hadn't seen in a very long time. I look up towards Domarus to begin to say anything really, but before i could he gave a threat and left the area without a single moment wasted. I pause and just looks towards the ground and says softly myself. I'm sorry for the loss, she looks beautiful though. Who was she? I ask softly the question i had planned to ask before i just sit down in the chamber and looks at my own picture of being able to hangout with my parents as i smile at the image of my father. My gaze lingering towards my mother who is holding my precious little sister as i gaze at it. Things were so much simpler back then...huh? I ask myself softly as i tuck my knees close to me and rests my head upon them as i gaze towards the ground. The one time i try to do anything to see if i can get him to be human, and he runs off. Freakin procupine. I grumble softly now having a nickname for that red haired manipulator. Porcupine fitting perfectly in every sense. The one chance i am sure i had at being able to talk, and he runs. Fine i'll save my questions for when we go to war. I say softly to myself figuring there might not be any chance of getting him to open up unless it is on the battlefield where he wouldn't be able to focus to much on reserving answers and just saying and answering them.

Keres tried to keep up the pace Domarus was having.  Trying to keep up with him but he was walking fast even for her.

"Domarus...  Master?..  What happened?  What did that b***h do?"  

"SHUT UP!!"  
Keres grinned in response but then, it faltered.  She could tell that this..  This was more serious than usual.  He wasn't pissed at Hestia..  He was pissed off at something, someone else.  But who?  More than that he wasn't just wrathful.  He was...  She didn't, know.  For the first time she had no idea what was going through Domarus' mind and it scared her half to death.  Even Raven would see this was evident.  Domarus just kept marching on, and would leave them behind if they were not careful.  Even Rhozarth he waved away.  He opened his inventory and equipped his black armor to hide himself yet again as he marched onward.  He didn't care who sent a message to who.  He didn't care who did what.  He needed time to vent.  He needed time to destroy...  And much more that he doubted he would ever have done in his entire life.  And there was only one place he could really go to be truly alone.  Somewhere others wouldn't be going due to the theme of the floor...

@Hestia

Domarus leaves the thread

I get up off of the ground as i glance down towards my own picture as i put it away within my pocket as i make my way through the area. My footsteps echoing with each step as i look into the mirror not seeing anymore the me through the pasts. Instead seeing a reflection of what i am. Seeing not myself wearing a black trench coat through a emotion filled chamber, but instead a proud warrior defending the lives of others against monsters with sword and shield. Defending and protecting others that then shifts to just that image of myself wearing my armor walking along and touching the glass like i am. The two sides of the mirror being shown as i nod my head slowly at what i see. I will protect those dear to me. Even if it means going against someone who is just hurting. I can't allow this to get worse for those who are just innocents and pawns to him. I will make sure they can be safe. i say with a nod of my head as i make my way up the stairs as the echoes of my shoes against the stones echo as i glance upwards towards the light as i exit the chamber as i look back and see it fade as if it was all just a illusion created by the Cardinal system. Sighing softly to myself i just nod my head as i glance around the floor wondering what to do by this point. Already having floor twenty three well mapped out for the most parts. I think back towards nature's treasure as i nod my head at that. I'll start helping the frontline getting the items they need. help pay for it for everyone. I say softly as i start taking some steps and then pause. Then shakes my head no. No...i will go home and rest with kuro. We've been through a lot. I say to myself as i start my treck back towards my shop on the first floor to finally gain some rest from a long days of travel.

Summary:

Hestia: 1 SP, 200 COL, a framed picture of her family at a picnic with herself learning hand to hand combat from her father. With her mother laughing in the distance while holding Hestia's little sister when she was a baby.

Domarus: 1 SP, 200 COL, a framed picture of his mother.