Should this skill be added?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should this skill be added?

• Yes
    • No
    • Did you just reference.... (I vote yes!)
    • Did you seriously waste time to come up with that sales pitch for a new skill? (Lame idea!)

So I was doing a solo RP and leaving the main settlement on the first floor when I realized something that is sorely missing. A skill that only is given a little attention in Sword Art Online but exists never the less. And the only proper method for which I can express this is as such. The following is sung to the tune of a popular internet video parody. Let's begin...

Hello players,

look at land,

now back to me,

now back at the land,

now back to me.

(now)

look at land,

now back to me,

now back at the land,

now back to me.

(are now)

look at the land, the land, the land,

l-l-l-l-look at the land, the land, the land, the land.

I'm on a horse. HYAAA!

look at the land, the land, the land,

l-l-look at the land, the land, the land, the land, (are now)

l-l-look at the land, the land, the land, the land.

I'm on a horse. HYAAA!

What's in your skill set?

Back at me.

I have it.

It's that skill you want. (HYAAA!)

A skill for riding.

Back at me.

R-r-r-r-r-riding!

Look again. (HYAAA!)

One sweet skill for

RIDING,

It's that skill you want.

Look down,

I'm on a horse,

now back up,

I'm on a horse. (HYAAA!)

Look again,

I'm on a horse.

Did you know that I'm riding this horse.

Backwards.

HYAAAA!!!!

So yeah. Why not add the skill <> to the list of available skills? I did a bit of checking and turns out it's needed to ride certain animals (assuming it only works on tame ones). According to the wiki site, horses are riding animals players can use to travel around faster. It requires a decent to high riding skill level to ride a horse (which hints that other things can be ridden). It would also appear to be a bit expensive. Which gave me an idea to require a quest be completed to have this non-combat skill added and that it cost the player quite a bit of that Col that is building up for some people. By completing the quest, you automatically gain 2 skill points to spend so you could put them right into <>. Since this would probably turn into a popular skill I think that it should cost alot of time and Col to earn it. Also there would have to be restrictions to using horses. For example, you can't call on or jump on a horse if you have been attacked or are in combat (you still can't escape those PK'ers), no using them in main settlements (villages would be allowed), you cannot use them for combat. Thoughts? Constructive criticism? What other ways can this skill be used and other things could one possibly ride?

I am legally obligated to accept any skill that allows me to mount someo--thing.

Jokes aside, the idea holds potential in my mind! If you don't mind me saying, the whole Beast Tamer thing is more easy here than in actual SAO, which could work towards a riding skill being very good for certain situations. Perhaps a tamer with an old enough pet, or even just feeding it a special item, could make it into a mount temporarily. (And it might give people to invest in spear skills/lances for a change harumph)

Personally, for this skill, even though you're a friend of mine, I don't mean to diss your idea or anything, but personally if you use <> on a horse, then you should automatically have riding on it. I would think this myself anyways. If you're pet can support your weight, then why need to get a skill to ride it. Again, you forget this isn't WoW where you have to get a pet and then a riding skill, but you need to have a pet that can support your weight. This is my perspective on this topic anyways.

Riding should be included in beast taming.

Personally, for this skill, even though you're a friend of mine, I don't mean to diss your idea or anything, but personally if you use <> on a horse, then you should automatically have riding on it. I would think this myself anyways. If you're pet can support your weight, then why need to get a skill to ride it. Again, you forget this isn't WoW where you have to get a pet and then a riding skill, but you need to have a pet that can support your weight. This is my perspective on this topic anyways.

Riding should be included in beast taming.

There is logic in your statement. While it is true that this could go in with beast taming, familiar communication, and familiar recovery, it is limited to a beast large enough to ride. However, only maybe 2 players here currently have a beast with that size that could be capable of such a feat. If one were to use <> on an animal, I'd suspect it would only work on their familiar. Otherwise in the anime Silica could have ridden horses whenever with that skill. And unless I'm wrong but beast taming was only a term used on those who manged to tame a creature. Thanks for your thoughts I welcome any arguments over this idea and how it could work if added.

There is no need to add this skill because there is no such skill. In the episode of SAO "Murder in the area" at the end, Kirito rides in on a horse. He has no said skill that allows him to ride. Riding is available to all players, therefore there is no such reason to add it because it will just take a place as one of your 9 skills. It is already available just not obviously.

Anyone read about this skill in the light novels yet because I havent read them all yet. According to the wiki site such a skill exists otherwise I wouldn't be suggesting this as a skill.

A Horse is a riding animal in Sword Art Online that may be used by players to get to other locations a lot faster than by running or walking.

In order to be able to use this kind of transportation, a player is required to have a high riding level. Hiring a horse is also rumored to be quite expensive, causing people to prefer walking rather than using horses, despite walking being more time-consuming and exhaustive.