[PP-F01] Cool breeze in the park

Benjamin sat at his alchemy cart, feeling a bit drowsy from all the work in the past few days.  It always got down to the wire when it came time to do a boss raid... but it paid well.  Since nobody seemed interested in his current stock, Ben decided to head on down to the park to relax.  His familiar could man the shop for a while.  Or at least make noises at anyone who passed by until the read the order form.  Plus it gave him some time to relax. 

As he walked down there, he realized it had been getting close to lunch.  His schedule was flexible enough to eat later, but the park was fairly crowded with players eating outside right now.  He looked around for a place to sit, and spied a bench with only one other occupant in it. 

Excuse me, is this seat taken? he asked after a bit of hesitation.  I kinda wanted to relax for a spell, and I guess I picked a bad time to head down here... if that's OK...

@Vivlia

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

The peach haired player was currently scrolling through her inventory, but not like there was anything in there anyways. Darn.. I seriously need to buy some things, I barely have anything. She gave a mix of a sigh and a groan and closed her inventory. It was until she heard a voice did she snap out of her depressing mood. “O-oh,” The player looked around frantically before trailing he was talking to her. “Sure, I guess,” she murmured, scooching to a side of the bench to make room. Spell huh, maybe an alchemist. Ah, who the heck knows, I don’t know any of the information here. 

Running her hand down her hair with a deep sigh she concentrated on the mass amount of people enjoying the fresh air and relaxation. Why the heck am I here? I’m not eating or anything, the frick? Her brows furrowed in frustration as she slumped down on the bench, a pissed off aura resonating from her.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Benjamin smiled to the girl as he sat back into the bench to relax, trying to take in the breeze of the park.  He had his own inventory screen open, and had been scrolling through his supplies, trying to find out which amounts of supplies he had for each of his crafts.  Even if he did try and have a break, he still felt like he had to do some of his work.  The girl next to him had scooted over, but still seemed a bit angry for some reason.  He tried to ignore it, but it didn't really feel right.  Um, I'm sorry.  Did I take a spot that you were saving... or waiting for someone else? he asked, shifting uncomfortably in his seat.  Um, I can move if you want to take the whole bench or something.  There's plenty of room in the grass over there for me to relax in instead. 

@Vivlia

“Oh, no, no, no,” she fretted, shaking her hands, “It’s definitely not you, and I’m not waiting for anyone,” Her face broke out into a nervous smile. Who’s there to wait for anyways? “You can stay here, it’s perfectly fine,” she said assuringly, quickly averting her gaze to another section of the park. How do I get into these situations.. she let out a faint sigh and slumped further into the bench. Am I that uncomfortable be around? God, this is embarrassing.

Once she realized she was continuesly slouching, she attempted to bolt straight up, but only to find herself falling to her side. “Ack!” She landed on her back, a loud thump echoing through the park. “Ow.. I guess,” the player muttered under her breath, rubbing her back. I had to embarrass myself even more. Gotta love ya universe. She stood up with alarm and quickly sat down on the bench with a red face. How did I get into this mess..?

@Benjamin Bookworm

Ben watched the girl girl on the bench with a concerned look on his face- she seemed to be very much shaken by something.  And then she fell over.  Are you OK?  That looked like it hurt.  He pulled himself around the back of the bench, trying to get a good view of if she was all right or not while on the ground.  Um, did you hurt yourself or anything there? he said with a tone of hesitation in his voice.  It looked like he might be scaring the poor girl, so he didn't want to come off as too frightening.  I just finished up a bunch of work in my lab, and needed to sit down for a spell.  Um, I'm Benjamin by the way- not sure if you've passed by my alchemy cart before now or not.  But I'm guessing that you are probably here more to just relax than anything.  It's a nice place for it. he said with a bit of a smile. 

@Vivlia

With a flushed face, she nodded slowly. “Y-yeah,” Did it hurt? Was it supposed to? I don’t even know anymore.. she gave a faint sigh and shook her head. “No, it didn’t,” The player said in a small voice, keeping her gaze on her intertwined hands. Her mind held interest while he talked, alchemist, huh? I should consider getting a profession, I have to support myself in here. Relax..? I don’t even know why I’m here again, hopefully relaxing is the answer. “I guess it is,” she murmured, lifting her head to see groups of people walking peacefully along the paths of the park.

Returning a small smile back to @Benjamin Bookworm, she gave out a small sigh and nodded her head, “I’m Vivlia,” she said lightly, the red on her cheeks slowly fading. After a few more seconds of awkward silence, she slowly averted her eyes back to her hands. “So.. you’re an alchemist?” She tried to say confidently, and attempting to start a conversation.

Edited by Vivlia

Ben shifted a bit, trying to offer a slight smile at the girl next to him.  She was shy enough that it was fairly obvious that she had not been out of town much.  Yep, I'm an alchemist.  I actually sell my wares out of a little cart near the entrance to town.  I had hoped that would get me a few impulse buys from players heading out, but it seems a lot of the low level players don't want to stock up much.  They probably get so many free items from the beginner quests that they don't need anything else, I suppose.  He said with a sigh.  She probably wasn't interested in the woes of his shop, but he didn't really have much of a life outside of working to make more items, or find stuff to make more items with.  It made small talk a bit more difficult that way- not that he was much good at it to begin with. 

@Vivlia