[SP-F1] The Start of a Long Adventure

Link Start!

These were my last words as I was transported through a tube of lights flying past me. Were they solitary or were they just moving in a different direction?

The things I think about sometimes....

The tunnel eventually ended into a strange plaza. As I looked around, I was amazed at how many people were on, being it was only about 1 hour after launch. It didn't surprise me much, though. Figured everyone who got a copy would want to get on immediately.

As I looked down, I noticed that I was invisible. I laughed at the idea,until I noticed a menu. It asked me what I wanted to look like, so I chose what looked most like me. The menu asked if my choice was correct, and I pressed the blue circle button.

In an instant, my once invisible body was filled with texture in a way reminiscent to pouring a liquid into a mold. As I looked around, I thought to myself:

What to do... what to do....

I then noticed an alleyway full of shops, and walked towards it instinctively.

While I was in the alleyway, I picked up two black steel daggers and light blue cloth armor. I knew that this would suit me well enough. I wasn't one to use long swords or big hammers. I prefer being silent, quick, and precise.

As I was walking down the alley, I found myself being teleported into the plaza. I saw everyone else here, too.

A server announcement? Or.....

I looked up and saw red cover the sky. What was waiting for us?

• 3 weeks later...

Suddenly, I was greeted with a giant man in a red robe. The shadow from the robe made his face impossible to see.

He then proceeded to talk about how this whole game was essentially a death game.

So, if I die, that's it for me? Man, the stakes are high for this game. The struggle is real. For real this time.