[SP-F1] Earning a Living: Ichiro the Hammer (complete)

Ichiro walked out of the inn smiling. He was excited to finally learn smithing in Sword Art Online. Ichiro loved smithing before coming to SAO, so much so he learned to smith daggers and small swords. Now that he was trapped in Sword Art Online he felt as if he finally found his place in this world. With smithing he could not only relearn his passion, but possibly save numerous lives. Ichiro walked over to a local blacksmithing shop and approached the owner. "excuse me" spoke Ichiro, "Could you teach me how to smith?" The owner looked him over as if he were determining the value of a sword. After a moment he spoke saying, "My name is Gerilthar. Welcome to my shop, young man. If you want to learn smithing from me your going to go into the cave at the east end of floor 1 and find some ore. Once you have it come here and create me 3 good blades. If you can do this I will teach you some of what I know." As he finished he held out his hand. Ichiro shuck his hand with a smile. Ichiro walked out of the town and headed toward the cave the man mentioned.

Ichrio walked though the field in the direction of the cave. He was proceeding cautiously in case of monsters. Ichiro was slightly concerned that he might come up against monsters in high enough numbers be cause him a serious problem.Ichiro noticed the sounds of footfalls to the left of him and turned to see a pack of three board approaching rapidly. Ichiro readied his sword and rushed at the Boars.

Ichiro Health: 13/13

1-4: Miss all Boars

5-6: Kill one Boar

7-8: Kill two Boars

9-10 : Kill all board

Ichiro rushed in slicing wildly but unfortunately for him all of his strikes missed. The boars were to fast for him to hit that time. The boars snorted with rage and rushed at at Ichiro. Ichiro raised his shield, hoping that he could withstand all of the Boar's strikes. The boars charged as a pack, and he tried to follow the movements of the closest boar so he could slant his shield in time to force the Boar to veer off course, missing him.

Ichiro Health: 13/13

1-4: all Boars miss

5-6: one Boar hits

7-8: two Boars hit

9-10 : all board hit

Two of the Boar manage to hit Ichiro. He stumbles backward and falls on the ground. Ichiro raises up and uses his shield to deflect the third boar. He once again raises his weapon and rushes at the boar as they regroup. Ichiro uses a large rock to launch himself into the air as he attempts to hit the Boar pack.

Ichiro Health: 11/13

1-4: Miss all Boars

5-6: Kill one Boar

7-8: Kill two Boars

9-10 : Kill all board

Ichiro manages to hit one Boar with a critical strike, killing it. The other two boar snort and claw at the ground ready to strike. "I can do this" Ichiro says to himself as he raises his shield intending to try again.. The remaining boars charged as a pack, and he tries to follow the movements of the closest boar so he could slant his shield in time to force the Boar to veer off course, missing him.

Ichiro Health: 11/13

5-7: one Boar hits

8-10: two Boars hit

Both of the Boar manage to hit Ichiro. He is once again forced to the ground. He once again raises his weapon and rushes at the boar as they regroup. Ichiro thinks on the training he received playing difficulty based MMOs. Ichio charged at the boar trying to predict their movements based on the way they were standing.

Ichiro Health: 9/13

1-4: Miss all Boar

5-7: Kills one Boar

8-10: Kills both Boar

Ichiro unfortunately misses both strikes. He tries to clear his mind, and cast away his fear of the situation becoming a problem. two boar snort and claw at the ground ready to strike. "I know I can do this" Ichiro says to himself as he raises his shield intending to try again. The remaining boars charged as a pack, and he tries to follow the movements of the closest boar so he could slant his shield in time to force the Boar to veer off course, missing him.

Ichiro Health: 9/13

One of the Boar manage to hit Ichiro. He is pushed back but not knocked down. He once again raises his weapon and rushes at the boar as they regroup. Ichiro tries to remain calm and focus on his targets. Ichio charged at the boar trying to Impale them, allowing the force of their own movements to finish them off.

Ichiro Health: 8/13

Ichiro manages to impale both boar. He yells in glee as the last of them fall to the ground shatter. He continues on his trek hoping to get to the cave before nightfall. Ichiro thinks he sees something in the distance but cant make out what it is. On closer inspection he realizes he has found...

Ichiro 8/13

~on combat die~

The Cave : 1-4

Two Boars : 5-6

Three Boars : 7-8

Nothing : 9-10

Ichiro realises he has found a pack of 2 Boar. Ichiro readies his weapon and shield and moves toward them. Ichiro thinks on the training he received playing difficulty based MMOs. Ichiro charged at the boar trying to predict their movements based on the way they were standing.

Ichiro unfortunately misses both strikes. He tries to clear his mind, and cast away his fear of not having enough health to finish his mission. The two boar snort and claw at the ground ready to strike. "I've got to do this. For my dream." Ichiro says to himself as he raises his shield intending to try again. The boars charged as a pack, and he tries to follow the movements of the closest boar so he could slant his shield in time to force the Boar to veer off course, missing him.

Ichiro manages to get in control of his fears and uses his training to force both boar off course at the last moment with his shield. Ichiro yells a small "Yes!" to himself and rushes in to attack the boar. Ichiro once again uses a large rock to launch himself into the air as he attempts to hit the two Boar.

Ichiro manages to land a critical strike on one of the boars killing it. Ichiro missed the second one and it turns ready to charge at him. Ichiro focuses on his dream of becoming a talented Blacksmith and clenches his fist in determination. Ichiro raises his shield as the boar rushes in to strike.

1-5: the Boars miss

5-10: The Boar hits

Ichiro manages to use his shield to defend against the boars strike. "Perfect" Ichiro thought to himself as he rushed in intended to finish the boar. Ichiro charged at the boar trying to Impale it, allowing the force of it's own movements to finish it off.

1-5: the hit misses

5-10: The hit lands

Ichiro unfortunately misses the strike. He tries to clear his mind, and cast away his fear of not being able to finish his mission. The boar snorts and claws at the ground ready to strike. "Stay calm, stay calm." Ichiro says to himself as he raises his shield intending to try again. The boars charged, and he tries to follow the movements of the it so he could slant his shield in time to force the Boar to veer off course, missing him.

1-5: the Boars misses

5-10: The Boar hits

Ichiro's attempt to read the boar's movements fails and the boar strikes him. Ichiro staggers back and manages not to fall. Ichiro thinks to himself about his job and hopefully future title being on the line as he rushed in intending to finish the boar. Ichiro charges at the boar trying to Impale it, allowing the force of it's own movements to finish it off.

Ichiro Health: 7/13

1-5: the hit misses

5-10: The hit lands

Ichiro manages to impale both boar. He yells in glee as the the second Boar falls to the ground shatters. He continues to walk toward the cave hoping to reach it before nightfall. Ichiro thinks he sees something in the distance but cant make out what it is. On closer inspection he realizes he has found...

Ichiro 7/13

~on combat die~

The Cave : 1-4

Two Boars : 5-6

Three Boars : 7-8

Ichiro realizes it was just a trick of his mind and continues forward. He knows he has been walking for a while since the sun has began to set. Having walked so far means he must be close by now. Ichiro thinks he sees something in the distance but cant make out what it is. On closer inspection he realizes he has found...

Ichiro 7/13

~on combat die~

The Cave : 1-6

Two Dire Wolves : 7-8

Ichiro yells triumphantly as he finds the cave at last. He takes out the pickaxe the blacksmith sent to him before he left town. Ichiro knows after he stats mining he is likely to attract attention. Ichiro walks to a vein of ore and begins to mine at it.

Ichiro 7/13

~on combat die~

nothing attacks : 1-5

A Bear attacks : 6-10

~on Loot die~

1-5 One Ore

6-10 Two Ore

11-15 Three Ore

16-20 Four Ore

Ichiro manages to get two ore by the time he hears an roar close by. Ichiro pulls out his shield as a Bear attacks. Ichiro manages to doge the attack but now finds himself face to face with it. Ichiro fights with all his strength using his shield to block attacks and dishing them out viciously. At the end of the battle Ichiro realizes he has taken...

Ichiro : 7/13

1-4 : no damage

5-6 : 1 damage

7-10: 2 damage