[SP - F02] Rabid Dogs of Unusual Venom <<The Venomous Warg>>

Neo was a little tired after she had done all of her gathering earlier. Though now she wanted to do some questing. She had come to the second floor in hopes that there was one that she had missed. It seemed as though all of the ones on the first floor were either done for her, repeatable for little extra reward, or out of her level.

I bet if I was a support I could find more people to do quests with. But, I did plan on mostly having to reach the front lines on my own, so I guess this is a temporary retreat back to the original plan.

Neo looked around and eventually found what appeared to be a distressed NPC. She walked up to him, got the quest, and headed out onto the floor to finish it as quickly as possible. If she could power her way through several quests in one go, that would just mean she could get to a higher floor that much quicker.

Neo looked around the forest for the wolf pack, she wasn't sure where it would be hiding so it took some time for her to spot it. Once she found it, she noticed that they were bunched together in a group of 4. Neo tailed them for a little while, hoping to catch one peeling off. It wasn't until some time had passed that she realized that she needed to draw them off one at a time herself. Hoping that she wouldn't just attract the whole pack, Neo stood downwind and unleashed a sword art. It missed, obviously, but it seemed to be just in hearing range for one of the wolves. It turned around and came to investigate. Neo quickly hid, hoping to catch the wolf by surprise. She watched as it crept closer and closer, unaware of the attack that was soon to come at him.

Let's see just how powerful I have become.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102649

BD: 3 + 1 = 4 - Miss

MD: 1 - Critical Miss

CD: 8 - recovery proc

Neo:

HP: 280

ENG: 28 (-2 miss; +2 recovery)

Wolf:

HP: 40

DMG: 25

As soon as the wolf was close enough, Neo lunged out and attacked with her sword art. She over reached, though, and ended up lunging past the wolf. Capitalizing on the situation, the wolf quickly turned around and bit Neo in the back. She felt the pain and turned to face the wolf.

So much for my surprise attack.

Neo realized that her back was to the pack, which meant she couldn't give up ground. However, she was in too tight of quarters for her to successfully maneuver around the wolf.

Lunge through or over him it is then.

Neo took up a defensive stance, ready for the next incoming attack and hoping that she would be able to counter it. She had faced creatures of similar intelligence, though it seemed that the wolf was a bit smarter than meets the eye.

Let's see how well you deal with a feint, shall we.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102650

BD: 4 + 1 = 5 - miss

MD: 8 - Hit

CD: 6 - recovery

Neo:

HP: 255

ENG: 28 (-2 miss; +2 recovery)

Wolf:

As the wolf went in for another attack, Neo tried to lunge over it. She didn't realize that the wolf was already attacking high though and was able to easily adjust its angle to grab Neo between its teeth and slam her back down onto the ground. It did let go quickly, even though it probably could've done more damage to Neo had it held on. It seemed as though it was trying to keep her back to the pack, making sure she couldn't run away without running into the wolves themselves. As Neo got up, she watched as her health bar slowly climbed back up. If she could dodge around attacks well enough, she'd be able to take many more hits before the beast was down. However, she realized that there were two more wolves on top of the main creature, who looked a whole lot more fearsome than these wolves.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102651

BD: 3 + 1 = 4 - miss

MD: 10 - Major Critical Hit

CD: 2 - no recovery

Neo:

HP: 230 (+2 battle healing; -27 crit)

ENG: 26 (-2 miss)

Wolf:

Neo went for a more basic approach, resigning herself to having the pack behind her. She went in for four quick thrusts, letting each one trike a limb. She forgot to aim for the head though, and noticed too late that it was coming in to bite her. She took the bite on the arm, wincing from the simulated pain. Even if the game didn't let there be permanent damage to you, it could still hurt quite a bit in the moment you were struck. She saw the wolf's health bar go down quite a ways, and though she couldn't see the numbers, she guessed that it would likely only take one or two more hits before it went down. THen she only had two more of these and the big bad boss to face.

This isn't quite going to plan, guess that really does mean that I need to work more on my attacking capabilities.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102651

BD: 5 + 1 = 6- hit

MD: 6 - Hit

CD: 7 - recovery

Neo:

HP: 207 (+2 battle healing; -25 hit)

ENG: 26 (+1 regen; +2 recovery; -3 sword art)

Wolf:

HP: 24 (-16): 4 base * 4 sword art

Not letting up on her attacks, Neo kept going with her thrusts, this time paying attention to the head. SHe didn't manage to strike it, but it certainly made for a good strike. The wolf tried to bite at her, but only got a mouthful of cloth and leather. Hoping that the armor would fix itself after a fight was over, Neo jumped back a little bit. The wolf's health bar was getting dangerously low, and Neo could sense it coming closer to its demise. One more strike would likely be the end of it, and Neo had another sword art with its name on it. She just hoped that she would actually connect and make sure that the wolf wouldn't get another strike in before it shattered into pixels like all the other beasts she had defeated.

After this, I need to go do some more practice. Or maybe invest more into my abilities, like getting myself a familiar. That would probably be useful. I should also remember to go get a new weapon. I have a feeling I'll want to change things around once I am done getting my own animal.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102653

BD: 6 + 1 = 7- hit

MD: 5 - miss

CD: 1 - no recovery

Neo:

HP: 209 (+2 battle healing)

ENG: 24 (+1 regen; -3 sword art)

Wolf:

HP: 8 (-16): 4 base * 4 sword art

Neo went in for one last lunge directly at the wolf, not giving it the time needed for it to attack back. It saw just before she landed her attack and tried to bite her, but Neo just impaled it through the skull as it shattered into pixels.

I wonder if Kayaba is keeping track of picturesque moments like these. It would be kind of interesting to have a highlight reel, though to see a memorial reel would probably be heartbreaking to some players.

Neo didn't have much time to wonder though, she saw a second wolf coming through the bushes. She wasn't sure if she had been spotted yet, but she certainly wouldn't have any time to recover. She just hoped that she could get an attack in on it before it could get her. Neo prepped for another strike after she checked the last wolf for any loot on him.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102655

MD: 2 - miss Dead

CD: 12 - recovery

Neo:

HP: 211 (+2 battle healing)

ENG: 24 (+1 regen; +2 recovery; -3 sword art)

Wolf:

HP: 0 (-16): 4 base * 4 sword art

No loot, under loot minimum requirements

Neo could tell the wolf hadn't spotted her yet as it was sniffing around to try and locate the source of the sound of its fallen comrade. Neo snuck around a tree behind the wolf. Though it put the pack back to her back, she had a good feeling that she would be able to take this wolf out with much more ease than the last one. She knew some of its tricks now and could get around them a bit easier. The wolf perked up, smelling Neo's scent, and Neo chose that moment to unleash her attack. She let out her sword art, striking each of the wolf's legs. It let out a yelp of pain as it turned around and fell limp on the ground. Seeing that her paralyze had taken effect, Neo prepared herself for another strike.

Sorry, doesn't look like you're going to be long for this world either. I don't want to take the life of a creature, but in the end you're a programmed obstacle in my path.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102661

BD: 10 + 1 = 11- major critical hit

MD: 5 - miss Paralyzed

CD: 3 - no recovery

Neo:

HP: 213 (+2 battle healing)

ENG: 22 (+1 regen; -3 sword art)

Wolf:

HP: 4 (-36): 12 bleed + (4 base + 2 crit) * 4 sword art

Bleed - 12 damage/turn for one more turn

Neo let the wolf bleed out, not wanting to waste more of her energy on sword arts. As she watched the wolf's last hit points drain away, it let out a little whimper. It was a pathetic little cry for help, but it tugged at Neo's heartstrings. She didn't want to kill a creature, but this creature was both not a creature and was beyond her saving. There was no need for her to feel remorse, and yet she did. The game was playing with her mind once again and she was unable to control her own emotions. It was hard to be so violent in a world so realistic. Her only solace was repeating to herself that it was only a game, and that these creatures weren't real. They were only blocks of code meant to get in her way. Their deaths set the path to her freedom. If her emotions were the price to pay for her freedom, she would gladly pay the price.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102662

Not attacking

Monster died

CD: 4 - no recovery

Neo:

HP: 257 (+2 battle healing) (+42 for forgetting about mitigation three times [14 * 3])

ENG: 23 (+1 regen)

Wolf:

HP: 0 (-12): 12 bleed

Neo saw another wolf coming, and this one had already locked eyes with her. There would be no chance for a sneak attack this time. As the wolf began to charge at Neo, she planted her feet and dug in. She would take the charge and get as much damage in on the wolf as she could. As soon as it got close, Neo unleashed four more strikes at it. It gave its own yelp of pain and dodged to the side, missing its charge. It had managed to get around Neo though, which meant her back was to the pack. At least, what remained of the pack. She was pretty sure that this was the last wolf before the leader, but she wasn't sure if there were more. Regardless, she didn't want to end up being flanked by the big bad warg.

Heh, big bad warg. I really should try to come up with better names for these enemies before I face them down. Especially ones that may actually give me a run for my money.

Neo was feeling the rush of adrenaline through her, she wanted to finish this quest quickly and knew that she could with a little bit of luck.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102661

MD: 4 - miss

CD: 6 - recovery

Neo:

HP: 259 (+2 battle healing)

ENG: 22 (+1 regen; +2 recovery; -3 sword art)

Wolf:

HP: 24 (-16): (4 base) * 4 sword art

The wolf and Neo stood there frozen for some time. Neither wanted to make the opening move. Both wanted the other to strike first, knowing that they could stop the attack and get one of their own in. Knowing that her primary target was escaping, Neo decided that she would have to adjust to whatever the wolf's reaction was and went in for a strike. The wolf was ready, and tried to bite at Neo while dodging around her attack. And though it dodged the first thrust, Neo pulled back her sword a little bit further than normal and managed to skewer the wolf with the second blow. It also shattered into pixels and Neo let out a sigh of relief. There wasn't much more that she would need to take down before she could go and find the NPC to let them know that there was one less warg to worry about in these woods. More would likely spawn, but that wasn't the point. Neo wanted her power, and helping others was what gave her that power.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102666

BD: 10 + 1 = 11- major critical hit

MD: Monster Dead

CD: 6 - recovery

Neo:

HP: 261 (+2 battle healing)

ENG: 22 (+1 regen; +2 recovery; -3 sword art)

Wolf:

HP: 0 (-36): 12 bleed + (4 base + 2 crit) * 4 sword art

Neo caught her breath after taking out what she felt was the last of the wolves. She waited for her health bar to go up a little bit before going to find the warg. It hadn't moved that far from where it's own place was. Neo hid behind a tree as she watched the warg sniff carefully around its area. It seemed as though it was trying to find her and was wondering where its pack mates were. Neo felt a twang of guilt at killing them as her adrenaline wore off, but she steeled her nerves as she excused their deaths with same old adage. They're just blocks of code, nothing more. They don't actually exist, and they are not sentient. There is no need to do such a thing. Though for all she knew she could just be a block of code put in here with these false memories and thinking she was sentient. The game was advanced enough to give accurate emotions to the NPCs, why not use this as an experiment to see how a program would react to such a circumstance.

Spoiler

ROll ID: #102672

CD: 9 - recovery

Neo:

HP: 271 (+10 out of combat healing)

ENG: 25 (+1 regen; +2 recovery)

Neo didn't wait long to unleash her attack. She quickly got behind the warg and unleashed her thrusting strikes at it. She managed to strike each leg, dancing around the clearing as she did so, and watched as it crumpled to the ground as her paralyze took effect. She gave the creature some pity, she remembered the problems it was causing the villagers. This gave her even more reason to keep on fighting, and Neo watched as the creature bled. She took a step back and prepared for another strike. She knew that the creature was poisonous. And though she doubted it could kill her with just the poison, it would be better if she could play it safe. There were no guarantees in this fight, so Neo just readied herself to attack with full force.

I need to finish this fight as quickly as possible, that way I can move on to get more powerful. There is no need for finding the most powerful things to level me up, I just need to take things down as quickly as possible.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102674

BD: 10 +1 - 1 = 10 - Major Critical hit

MD: 6 Paralyzed

CD: 9 - recovery

Neo:

HP: 273 (+2 battle healing)

ENG: 25 (+1 regen; +2 recovery; -3 sword art)

Venom Snapper:

HP: 114 (-36): 12 bleed + (4 base + 2 crit) * 4 sword art

DMG: 35
    Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50

EVA: 1

Venomous Bite: Natural MD of 9-10 poisons the target, dealing 10 unmitigatable damage at the start of their turn for 3 turns.

Bleed (12 Damage/turn) - 1 turn left

As the warg began to get up, Neo let loose another assault. Even though it was trying to dodge around her attacks, Neo was anticipating a faster creature and adjusted accordingly. There was little it could do as she continued to sink her blade into its pelt. Even if she could loot the creature, she doubted there be much of a hide left for her to gather from it. She was leaving so many holes in it that you couldn't even pass it off as moldy swiss cheese. She kept her assault up, not wanting to give the beast an opening, but the beast was backing up. She gave it a brief respite. It seemed smart enough that after it had recovered, she would have to wait for it to attack and get a counterattack of her own in. he just needed to be careful that it didn't do to her what she did to its last living pack mate.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102678

BD: 7 +1 - 1 = 7 - hit

MD: 3 - Miss

CD: 2 - no recovery

Neo:

HP: 275 (+2 battle healing)

ENG: 23 (+1 regen; -3 sword art)

Venom Snapper:

HP: 82 (-32): 12 bleed + (4 base) * 4 sword art

Venomous Bite: Natural MD of 9-10 poisons the target, dealing 10 unmitigatable damage at the start of their turn for 3 turns.

The venom snapper began to charge at Neo, and she was ready for it. As she prepped her sword art, the warg tripped over a log in its path that neither had seen. It planted its face into the dirt as Neo corrected her attack. She was glad she hadn't been the one to trip over the log, else she might end up in that thing's jaws. She struck it once again, and though it didn't seem to be downed from the attack it was certainly in more pain than it was before. The warg slowly got up, and Neo let it. There was no reason to try and hit it while it was coming up. For all she knew, it was feigning being slow to try and bait her into another attack. Once the warg had its footing and Neo knew that it was back to full speed, she readied herself for the next attack that would be coming her way.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102679

BD: 8 +1 - 1 = 8 - hit

MD: 1 - critical Miss

CD: 8 - recovery

Neo:

HP: 279 (+2 battle healing)

ENG: 23 (+1 regen; -3 sword art; +2 recovery)

Venom Snapper:

HP: 66 (-16): (4 base) * 4 sword art

The warg went in for a close range attack, and just as it did Neo charged up. She quicklyLet loose the first strike, knowking away the jaws of the beast. As she went in for the second strike, the warg tried to grasp at her ankles to trip her. Neo quickly planted the third strike through the roof of its mouth, stopping the attempt. She then removed her blade to bring the beast reeling upward. Neo thrust the fourth and final strike of her attack right through its chest, pulling it out as the beast came tumbling back down to the ground. It lay there as Neo continued to wait, making sure she had her footing right before readying another attack from her rapier.

This truly is a righteous executioner, I'll need to make sure that I can have it live up to its name even more. It will likely be replaced soon, so may as well give it a legend while I do have the new one get crafted.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102680

BD: 10 +1 - 1 = 10 - hit

MD: 10 - major critical hit paralyzed

CD: 8 - recovery

Neo:

HP: 280 (+2 battle healing)

ENG: 23 (+1 regen; -3 sword art; +2 recovery)

Venom Snapper:

HP: 30 (-36): 12 bleed + (4 base + 2 crit) * 4 sword art

As the warg got up slowly, Neo went in for what would hopefully be the final blow. Its health was getting low and Neo was pretty sure that she would be able to take it out this time. She did manage to land her sword art on it once more, but it didn't go down. Instead, it took a bit at her outstretched arm. She felt the burn of the poison, but it seemed as though her leather was doing enough to prevent the poison from actually taking hold. Neo winced as she broke free from the beast's grasp.

I really thought that would finish it off, guess I thought too soon. I'll need to get my last strike in carefully. Knowing the game, the creature is aware of its low health. That means it will either fly into a rage and try to slaughter me, or become very defensive and try to protect itself.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102683

MD: 7 - hit

CD: 5 - no recovery

Neo:

HP: 259 (-21 hit)

ENG: 21 (+1 regen; -3 sword art)

Venom Snapper:

HP: 2 (-28): 12 bleed + (4 base) * 4 sword art

As soon as Neo was free from the beast's grasp, she let loose one more sword art and took out the beast. She heard it shatter into pixels, unable to dodge her final attack. It was a risky move, but Neo was fairly certain it would pay off. If she couldn't see its health bar, she would've not gone for such an attack. It would've been a much better idea to just go for a safe attack.

No need to analyze my moves now, I've got other things that I need to do. I need to go turn this quest back in and start another one. I also need to figure out what kind of familiar I want to get. that will probably be my next move for the day. And if I want a familiar, I'll need to know what I'm going for, else my search will be rendered useless.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102684

MD: Monster Dead

CD: 10 - recovery

Neo:

HP: 259 (-21 hit)

ENG: 21 (+1 regen; -3 sword art; +2 recovery)

Venom Snapper:

HP: 0 (-16): (4 base) * 4 sword art

1x <<Venom Vial>> received for last hit

Neo began to head back towards the town, satisfied with her kills. She had looted the creature after she finished it off and found a venom vial in it. Though she questioned where the vial itself came from, she figured it could be a very useful tool in a future battle. Perhaps she would try and get some use out of it now, or maybe wait a little bit before using it up. There was only one use for it and she didn't want to waste it.

If I use it now, I don't think it will be that useful. But if I wait, it will just become deprecated and waste away. Perhaps if I can find a way to give it to someone else, I might do just that. I'll need to figure out who to give it to if that's the case. I don't have many friends, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to make new ones again.

As Neo walked into town, she recounted her quest. It was not as hard as she thought it would be, but she had gotten quite lucky. She was also glad that she had waited on her health to get a little higher before fighting the main enemy, though it wasn't needed in the end. She definitely was glad she chose the enhancements she did on her weapon as they made for a great combination. While they were down they would take both ticks of bleed damage that she gave them, and she would get the chance to hit them again. Though she had to get a back to back crit, that would certainly help her hit harder. Neo turned in the quest to claim her rewards and went back to the portal. She selected the option of where she wanted to go next and  let the energy take her away to a different floor.

Spoiler

Thread Summary:

1 page of RP complete: 1 SP and 400 Col

The Venomous Warg complete: 1 SP, 500 Col, 4 T1 Mats

Killing Blow on Venom Snapper: 1x <<Venom Vial>> (On a natural BD roll of 9-10, deals 10 unmitigatable DMG for 4 turns. Lasts one thread.)