[PP - F04] Bring out the tackle box and ice pick, we're going dragon hunting <<Feeding The Enemy>> (Ruby)

After looking around the other floors, Neo came to the fourth floor. She wasn't satisfied with what she could find on the other floors and thought that she should come here instead. She hoped that she could find some familiar of interest, but also wanted it to be good. Seeing how cold it was on this floor, Neo decided to post up a help wanted sign. She figured it wouldn't hurt to have someone with her and she could use the company while freezing herself to the core. She posted the help wanted to the public bulletin and waited near the floor bulletin's heat lamps. She realized that she forgot to put the floor on there, but figured people would see the floor it was posted from and find her anyways. Neo checked up her gear and made sure that everything was in order before she would need to head out.

@Ruby

Spoiler

Using Cloak of Eyes (+2 LD) for thread

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruby had stepped out of the floor teleporter with a bit of a grumpy face, even though she found a really cute outfit for walking upon this floor, she still really hated the cold. Holding a basket in one hand and a fishing pole in the other she had stepped forward toward the help bulletin board. She had figured if she was going to do this fishing expedition, she might as well bring someone along with her so it isn't fully miserable. Ruby's familiar Purobolos had also grown onto a grumpy face as he crossed its arms and looked up at the bulletin board as well. Ruby had looked around and asked out to Purobolos "You see any promising ones Purb?", after a moment Purb had pointed to one. Ruby had pressed onto the message reading onto it noticing that a floor number hadn't been present on the message, however she only could of just assumed that this player was on the floor it was posted on. Ruby had looked around and then gave this player a message:

To: @Neopolitan

Hey there, I noticed your message on the bulletin board, I am there currently looking for a partner while I go out ice fishing. Look for a women dressed in thick white clothing with a Floating Water Balloon, except its not a water balloon. 

- Ruby

Neo caught the reply to her message and started to look for the descriptor. She went over to the bulletin board, assuming that's where they would be waiting. She wasn't wrong, and saw a woman wearing a white outfit with some sort of balloon type thing floating behind her. Neo wasn't sure what it was, but it looked like it was following the woman and guessed it would bring her no harm. Neo walked up and gave a smile as she waved towards them once she caught their eye. She still hadn't figured out a good greeting to give people, but a smile and a wave seemed to do the trick. Maybe she would figure one out later, but for now she just wanted to get going for her search. She didn't want to have to spend too long on this floor. She knew that it wouldn't kill her, but that didn't mean she would feel comfortable in this temperature.

Ruby had sent the message and waited as patiently as she could in the cold, breathing into her mittens to keep her face a bit warm. After a moment a female player wearing not much of fashionable clothing had came up to her, Ruby had smiled and said out to her "Hello there, you never said in the message that you would be a beautiful woman." she had giggled a little bit before gently dropping her basket onto the ground and offering a hand forward. she spoke out to her "My names Ruby, its a pleasure to meet you today." she had looked over to Purb which had still been grumpy, he had grumbled a bit and looked the opposite direction. Ruby had rolled her eyes and said out to her "Don't mind my familiar, he's always grumpy around people and cold weather. I am probably the only one he deals with. He kind of has... a short fuse." putting forward a emphasis on the word "fuse".

@Neopolitan

The woman introduced herself, and Neo shook her hand. She also blushed a little from the compliment. She tried to hide it under the fact that it was cold. There seemed to be some sort of joke behind Ruby's choice of words, but Neo couldn't tell for sure. The woman's familiar was certainly grumpy though. Neo was a little surprised at that, most familiars she knew were pretty friendly. Of course, she had only really met one, but she had seen plenty of others being really happy to be around their owners. She shrugged off the thought and turned around to grab her fishing supplies. It would be her first time out fishing while she was also looking for her own familiar. She didn't realize she would need to be ice fishing, but figured that it would be a good thing to do while waiting for an interesting creature to show up.

Ruby had felt a little weird seeing that she hadn't responded back, absolutely no words to be shared. Ruby had looked a little bit suspicious before shaking her head opening her heart a little more, perhaps there was a reason why she hasn't been speaking. Ruby had said out to her "Nothing to say? No introduction yourself? Blushing too much to speak?" she had asked out before picking back up her basket and moving forward saying out "Follow me, I know a spot." she had continued to think a little bit maybe speaking through private messages just would be a bit more comfortable for her, Ruby had smiled before planting her fishing pole into the snow and sending her a friend request, sending a warm smile and picking her fishing pole back up hoping it was good enough to get her to send a message of some sort. Before long they had made their way to a lake completely frozen over. Ruby had placed her basket on the ground and stuck her fishing pole on the ground before looking at Purobolos which had grew a wicked smile. "You might want to stand back as we get the ice off some water." she said before placing her hand into the air, Purobolos landing onto her hand.

@Neopolitan

Neo listened to Ruby, making sure she heard right in order to respond properly. She made a motion like zipping ones mouth to indicate the reason for her silence. SHe hoped that would be enough to satisfy her curiosity for now. Neo followed Ruby as they went to lake that was frozen over. Neo had never really fished in the real world, let alone gone ice fishing. She stood back as Ruby was carving out a hole for them to fish through and accepted the friend request she sent over. Figuring that she wanted more details, Neo quickly wrote up a message.

Ruby, 

I choose to be silent, so don't feel bad about my not speaking. I do apologize for not being as up forth with it as I should have. I'm not much of a people person.

Sending off the message, Neo set up her fishing rod while she waited for Ruby to finish digging the hole in the ice.

After a moment as they had reached the frozen over lake she had opened the message and read it over, she had smiled and said out to her "Oh don't worry about it, I just wondered why you were not speak is all." after a moment she had looked over to a section of the lake and she had threw Purobolos towards the area. After a moment Purobolos had unleashed the energy he had been storing and exploded, puffing up in red smoke after making a kaboom. The puff of red smoke growing onto a devilish face letting out a laugh before the smoke reformed back into his original form below a open pool of water shows. With a smile she had walked towards the area and gave Purobolos a few pats on the head, Ruby had opened her basket and started to pull out logs and sticks preparing a fire so she and her new accomplice would stay nice and warm as they had fished. "Sorry about the sudden explosion, what you should know about my familiar he's a mysterious monster called a "Bomb", his kind used to be in a quest... however the quest mysteriously disappeared..."

@Neopolitan

Surprised by the sudden explosion, Neo looked at the familiar with a new light. She could understand why it was so grumpy. She wouldn't want to be used to make explosions either. As Ruby explained its origins, Neo vaguely nodded along. SHe had heard of the game evolving and changing over time, but had never heard of a specific instance of it personally. Seeing the hole had been formed, Neo cast her line into it. Almost immediately, she felt it snag on something. She thought that she would have to cut her line when she felt a heavy give. She tried to reel it in but felt it get caught on the ice. Neo peered over as best as she could and noticed that it was a treasure chest. She quickly tried to grab ruby's attention so that she would be able to open it.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102738

CD: 12 - Chest found

Ruby had looked over to Neo as she had pulled to get her attention, as she had been setting up her own fishing station and the fire she had already fished up a treasure chest. Ruby had smirked being impressed and said out to her "I take that back, you never said in your message to be a beautiful and talented woman." she had giggled before giving it a good attempt to open the chest. However upon opening the chest it had been somewhat of a bummer find "While impressive you found a chest, it didn't contain anything special." she said turning the chest for Neo to claim her rewards. Ruby had finished the fire and had picked up her Fishing Pole and reeled her line into the water going into a state of thinking as she usually does while fishing. She had been thinking of recent events lately, it all had been a lot for Ruby to take in, the whole floor boss coming up, her break up a while ago remaining a bit lonely, her run in's with her past trying to kill her once more... it had been a lot. Ruby clearly had looked a bit upset at these thoughts in her mind.

@Neopolitan

ID: 102739 - LD: 5 = Loot: 200 Col, 2 T1 Materials, 2 T1 Uncommon Consumables

Neo smiled at Ruby's compliments, as well as blushed a little. It was nice and all that she was being generous with the compliments, but Neo didn't feel terribly deserving of them. After bringing back her line for another cast, Neo threw out her line. It took a bit longer this time, but she was able to get a fish without too much trouble. She wasn't use to the amount of pullback fish gave, and the ice wasn't helping. She realized why Shield had been sitting down while reeling in fish during their trip. Neo honestly thought that you should try and reel them in while standing up. If she hadn't followed the example of an experienced fisher she would probably be submerged in icy water at the moment.

Well, let's hope that this luck transfers over to getting myself a familiar. I don't want to have to keep searching. That would honestly not be good for my virtual health, at least that's what it feels like.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102741

CD: 10 - 3 mats

Totals:

200 Col

5 mats

2 uncommon T1 consumables: [102739a], [102739b]

After a bit of thinking, her fishing pole had started to move. Ruby had began to reel back as per usual, however after a battle to reel it in, a hook appeared from the water and a Shark Humanoid Monster had rised from the depths of the lake. Ruby had looked towards it in a bit of a shock and watched it raise its hook and attempt to strike Ruby, Ruby had quickly moved out of its attack however just barely. Ruby had got up from the ground and charged her arm to attack it using the All Might sword art, however it unfortunately missed its target. Ruby had frowned a bit then say "I wouldn't recommend hitting it cutie, if you have anything to switch to fight it do it now, however wait till its attention is on me... the last thing I want is for another person to fall within my eyes."

@Neopolitan

ID: 102743 - CD: 2
ID: 102744 - BD: 2+3=5
ID: 102745 - MD: 8-3=5

Ruby - HP: 1100/1100 - EN: 108/110
Neopolitan- HP: ??/?? - EN: ??/??
Frozen Shark Pirate - HP: 550/550 - DMG: 165

Loot: 200 Col, 5 T1 Materials, 2 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b]

Neo watched as the Shark human jumped out of the water and attacked Ruby. She listened to her and quickly jumped back after perching her own fishing pole flatly on the ground. She went into her inventory and switched out some of her gear. Making sure she was ready for combat. She didn't have much, but she wanted to contribute just the same. She would have to try and take it down. Neo just hoped that Ruby was a half decent fighter, she wasn't sure how well she'd be able to damage the beast. It seemed as though it was scaled up to Ruby's level which meant Neo was going to be in for an interesting time. Drawing her rapier, Neo waited for the opportune moment to strike. Careful to avoid the hole in the ice, Neo kept the back of the creature towards her. She didn't want it to even know she was there until she was ready to go in for an attack.

Switching cloak of eyes for ring of +1 ACC

Ruby - HP: 1100/1100 - EN: 108/110
Neopolitan- HP: 320/320 - EN: 32/32
Frozen Shark Pirate - HP: 550/550 - DMG: 165

Ruby had looked over to see the woman going into her inventory, with a smile she had looked back forward to the monster, she had taunted it to attack her, and it had fallen straight to her trap, easily she had moved away from its attack. She had said out "Is that the best you have? You're going to need to be a lot quicker than that." she had chuckled then charged her arm. And with one jump she had slammed her fist against the Shark's jaw and knocked its HP down a lot, nearly almost just half. Ruby had looked over to the woman and said out to her "I am sure you are able to get an attack upon him, if you can land a blow and do just enough damage I will be able to finish him off next attack." she had winked and raised a thumbs up for her.

@Neopolitan

ID: 102755 - BD: 4+3=7
ID: 102756 - MD: 7-3=4

Sword Art Used: All Might [18*15=270]
[H: 1] Ruby - HP: 1100/1100 - EN: 92/110
[H: 0] Neopolitan- HP: 320/320 - EN: 32/32
Frozen Shark Pirate - HP: 280/550 - DMG: 165

Seeing Ruby give an impressive hit with only one strike, Neo made a mental note not to get in a fist fight with her. Seeing her thumbs up, Neo prepared an attack of her own. She knew it wouldn't be as powerful, but it was what she had. She quickly let loose a series of thrusts, hitting one on each limb. The shark man turned to face her, and Neo paled a little bit. She was hoping that the bigger hit would grab its attention more. Neo started to back up, having done her meager amount of damage, and made sure to be ready for the incoming possible attack. She took a defensive stance just in case it would be unable to dodge. Neo swallowed audibly, ready for what could very well be a very heavy hit.

Let's just hope Ruby keeps her word and takes this thing out with her next hit. I don't want to get clobbered by this beast. Killed by shark man would not be a good way to go.

ID: 102755 - BD: 8+1=9 - Hit CD: 12 - recovery

Sword Art Used: quadruple pain [4 * 4 = 16]
[H: 1] Ruby - HP: 1100/1100 - EN: 92/110
[H: 1] Neopolitan- HP: 320/320 - EN: 31/32 (-3 sword art; +2 recovery)
Frozen Shark Pirate - HP: 264/550 - DMG: 165

Ruby had looked forward and noticed she had pulled out a rapier to attack with, with a smile she had examined her strength... she didn't do so much damage, however she saw a fair bit of potential within her. She gave her a smile and said to her "You show great potential for damage Neo." then she had looked to the Shark Pirate that had fallen into the yellow. He had turned around to face Neo and raised his hook arm in the air "Oh no you dont!" she had proclaimed and moved forward to slam her fist against the sharks head instantly killing it. It had exploded into crystals and she had stood confidently in front of Neo and gave her a wink "Never a doubt." she had been a little disappointed that the loot was pretty bad... however at least the Col it gave them was good enough to be worth the time.

@Neopolitan

ID: 102761 - BD: 7+3=10
ID: 102762 - LD: 1+6=7 - CD: 9

Sword Art Used: All Might [18*15=270]
[H: 2] Ruby - HP: 1100/1100 - EN: 76/110
[H: 1] Neopolitan- HP: 320/320 - EN: 31/32
Frozen Shark Pirate - HP: 0/550 - DMG: 165

Loot: 2400 Col, 6 T1 Materials, 2 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b]

Neo watched once more as Ruby hit the shark with incredible force and shattered it into pixels. Neo took the compliment a bit better this time. Even though Ruby did lay them on thick, she seemed to be honest with them. Neo quickly went into her inventory and switched out her gear again. She didn't want to forget the extra bonus that she had, even if it did make her look a little bit tacky. She didn't like the look of it on her personally, but she had never been one to complain about fashion. Very rarely did she have to worry about how others saw her, they just assumed she was a helpless little girl who didn't know any better. Neo shook off the memories and went to grab her fishing pole. She looked around to see if there was anything in the sky, but it was blues as far as the eye could see. It seemed as though she could be waiting for a while before a possible familiar would show up.

Spoiler

ROll ID: #102764

LD: 7 + 2 = 9 - No familiar

Ruby had frowned a bit, she hadn't sent her anything or really tried to speak with her about anything while they had been fishing. With a smack of her lips she smiled and just figured she just needed to be friendly and ask her a few questions "So... Neo, tell me a bit more about yourself, if we are going to be here a while its a good idea to get to know each other, maybe who knows we could be good friends. It's better than just sitting around waiting for our lines to reply to us. Would you like to hear a bit more about me first?" she had offered. After a moment she had felt a tug on her line, after a moment she had started to reel in the line, it had felt really heavy. She was a bit worried that it was another monster, however reeling it in it was another Treasure chest, score!

@Neopolitan

ID: 102777 - CD: 12 - Found Chest

Loot: 2400 Col, 6 T1 Materials, 2 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b]

Neo settled back into a routine of fishing, waiting for her line to give a tug. As Ruby talked some more, Neo nodded. She figured that if she let her talk, she would be able to just be kind and listen. That's how things often worked out for her anyways. SHe saw Ruby get the chest and figured she would let her get it. If it was a mimic Neo didn't want to touch it, especially after how fearsome the one creature had been. Neo didn't know what she would do if she fished up something like that of her own. Soon after Ruby got her chest, Neo felt a tug on her line. She went over to the ice hole and weaved the line around the chest, grabbing the fish and its materials. She then took hold of the fishing line and pulled on it, giving Ruby the free hands to open the chest.

ID: 102778 - CD: 10 - 3 T1 Mats

Loot: 2400 Col, 9 T1 Materials, 2 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b]

Ruby had noticed that she had nodded her head if she had wanted to go on first, Ruby had said out to her "Well... I wont give real names but in the real world I was a Fashion Designer in Japan, originally I was born in America. I grew up without a father really, he just worked all the time. Dawn until dusk practically he barely had enough time for my mom, hardly for me. However my mother had always been there for me, I grew up designing clothing with her." she had smiled "Its the most fondest memories I have of my childhood because well..." she had sighed "When it came to middle school and high school I was picked on and made fun of because my sexuality." she had looked around before she had moved to the chest in front of her, she could of sworn she had saw something, however it must've just been a deer or something.

@Neopolitan

ID: 102779 - CD: 8+6=14

Loot: 2400 Col, 9 T1 Materials, 2 T1 Uncommon Consumables [102739a, 102739b]