[SP - F04] How did one start if I didn't make a sound? <<Avalanche>>

Neo came to the fourth floor once again. Even though it was freezing cold, the information brokers said that there was a boss to be found here. It was a respawning one to, so Neo figured she would take a crack at it. She shivered from the cold, and already wanted to get out of the cold. But Neo toughed it out. She didn't want to leave so soon after finding the information. Even it wasn't that good of drops, it was sure to be worth a nice bump in experience points. With that newfound idea in her mind, Neo set out to try and find the creature. She walked out of the city and found herself fighting a blizzard, it would likely be some time before she was able to find the creature. And by then, they would be in plain sight. There wouldn't be any chance to sneak up and get this one with a surprise, that was for sure.

Neo fought through the blizzard, unsure of where she was now. She should've gotten her hands on a teleportation crystal just in case, but that was in the past now. There was no need for her to worry about the past, her emotions from it were in check. As Neo trudged through the snow, she felt like she was having to fight the wind less and less. And sure enough, the blizzard was starting to clear. It was still there, but at least she wasn't stuck in a white-out now. Neo began to look around, and spotted a hulking behemoth of ice moving around in the fresh snow. It certainly wasn't trying to hide itself from anything, almost as if it had nothing to fear. But now, it would have something to fear. A silence that would make the avalanche fall. Neo looked to see if she could get a good opening before going in to strike, but it seemed as though there were no chinks in the creature's defense.

Neo saw the creature unwittingly turn its back to her. Seeing this as her chance, Neo quickly pulled out her rapier and let loose a sword art into the creature's backside. It wasn't prepared, and quickly fell to the ground. Neo wasn't expecting it, but it managed to go through its thick ice armor and paralyze it. It lay there on the ground as it bled, Neo standing above it. It seemed almost like one of those picturesque moments Neo was silently hoping would be released in some sort of highlight reel. It was by no means something that would be put in a general reel, but maybe if there was a floor by floor version she could make it.

Unless those all got dominated by the defeating of the floor boss. That would just be unfair to the accomplishments of others on the floor though. Especially those not around to help with the boss raids.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102801

BD: 10 - major crit

Paralyzed

CD: 7: recover

Neo:

HP: 320/320

ENG: 31/32 (-3 sword art; +2 recovery)

Avalanche:

HP: 64/100 (-36): 12 bleed + (4 base + 2 crit) * 4 sword art

DMG: 40

Bleed for one more turn

The creature was trying to come up, but Neo would give it any respite. she decided to unleash another sword art into the beast. Though at first it looked like Neo hadn't gotten through the ice armor. It just had enough momentum to get itself back up as it fell straight into the snowy ground. It seemed as though this fight would be leaning heavily in Neo's favor. though she was glad that it wasn't that hard, she was hoping that it didn't mean it wasn't worth her while. She hoped that she'd be able to get some good experience from this and an easy fight certainly wouldn't have any of that available to her.

Oh well, at least I don't have to worry as much about being killed by this thing, I here I was thinking I'd get challenged a little. the problems with playing it safe.

Neo let out a silent sigh of breath.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102803

BD: 10 - major crit

Paralyzed

CD: 7: recover

Neo:

ENG: 31/32 (+1 regen; -3 sword art; +2 recovery)

Avalanche:

HP: 16/100 (-36): 12 bleed + (4 base + 2 crit) * 4 sword art

Bleed for one more turn

Neo went for another attack as the creature was trying to get up. It didn't stand a chance at dodging as Neo sank more attacks into it. It was quickly shattered into pixels, and Neo was left wanting for more. She had really hoped that it would take a bit longer to kill the beast. And now that she had her adrenaline going and the beast was dead, she felt fine being up on this floor for a while bit longer. Neo quickly looked around and saw a lake frozen over with a hole already cut into it. Thinking that it would make for the perfect fishing spot, Neo quickly grabbed her fishing gear from her inventory. She had accidentally left it in her inventory, and was happy that she did so. It gave her a good reason to finally use it some more. Neo situated herself by the ice hole after clearing it of refreeze and set up her line to cast.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102804

BD: 8 + 1 = 9 - hit

dead

CD: 8: recover

Neo:

ENG: 31/32 (+1 regen; -3 sword art; +2 recovery)

Avalanche:

HP: 0/100 (-16): (4 base) * 4 sword art

<<Avalanche>> Complete, fishing to hit 20 post minimum

Neo didn't have to wait long to get her first catch. She felt the tug try to pull her in, but Neo was ready for it. She began to reel the catch in slowly, letting it drift towards her until it came to the surface. She quickly grabbed the fish and looted it for its materials. It certainly had quite a few on it. Even though Neo didn't want to be on this floor for that long, she figured she may as well stay and get some good fishing until a blizzard kicked in. She could see the town again, so she knew where she needed to head. As long as she stayed going in the same direction of course.

No need to worry about that now, may as well keep fishing while I'm here. I could use some more things to stock my shop up with, and what better way then to pass the time than by freezing.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102806

CD: 11 - 4 T1 Mats Found

Totals:

4x T1 Mats

No sooner had Neo cast her line into the ice hole did she get another catch. She didn't have to reel it in that far, but Neo was careful this time. knowing that there could be monsters lurking around made her a tad more conscious of her surroundings. Even if that boss was significantly easier for her, there was nothing to say that others on the floor would be much tougher.

Well, the fish are biting. I'll just keep going for now then. If I fish up a creature, that'll probably be the end of my fishing for today. I'll need to see where the day takes me though. I could use a break from all the fighting that I've been doing. I really should take breaks like this more often. Even though it's freezing I still feel relaxed.

Neo prepped her line for another throw and made sure she had the materials she had already found secure.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102807

CD: 11 - found 4 T1 Mats

Totals:

8x T1 Mats

Neo made sure that her bait was securely on the hook and cast out her line. It didn't take long once again before Neo felt something weighing down the rod. It felt somewhat heavier, and Neo was afraid that she had gotten the hook caught on some plants or garbage. As she reeled it up, she noticed that it was in fact a treasure chest. Wishing that she had some of those fancy keys she had seen Shield use, Neo went to try and open the chest. Though it was possible there might be a mimic, Neo had to try and find what was inside of it. She was attracted to the treasure like a cat to catnip.

Let's see what kind of goodies you have in store for me. As soon as my rapier is equipped of course. Wouldn't want to be stuck in a fight without that with me.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102811

CD: 12 - chest found

Totals: 8x T1 Mats

Neo went to open the chest, careful in case she was suddenly caught in the gnashing of teeth. Thankfully, there was just some loot in it. It wasn't a whole lot, but it was something. After collecting it, Neo watched as the chest disappeared and freed up the ice hole for her to fish again. Her bait hand't been taken off of the hook by the chest, just a bit squashed, so Neo just dug up a little spot to sit and prepared to cast her line once more into the frigid waters.

Maybe If I can find a monster here, I can actually test my skills. I know that that was in part due to some luck, but that was honestly too easy of a fight. I should be careful for what I wish for though, don't want to see some crazy high level boss monster come barreling down on me.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102812

LD: 6 - 200 Col, 2 T1 materials, 2 T1 uncommon consumables

Totals:

200 Col

10x T1 Mats

T1 Uncommon Consumables: [102812a] [102812b]

Neo cast out her line once more and waited patiently. After catching so many fish in such a short time span, Neo was surprised she actually needed to wait for the fish to bite. She didn't mind it that much though, it gave her time to think about other things that she needed to work on like her build.

I really should give it more thought. I've just been going for a general DPS build. not a lot of armor but I need to think it through a bit more than that. Do I want to hit more often, or maybe just hit harder. Do I want to focus on burst damage or try and get some sustained damage. If I go for boss fights, I should probably look towards more sustained options. Wouldn't be good for me to spend all my resources within the first dozen or so seconds of combat. Though if I do that, I could try and be an off-tank for others...

Neo felt a tug on the line and she quickly pulled it up. It wasn't as big of a fish, and of course yielded less materials, but it was still worth something. Neo set up her line once again and cast it out. As she waited for another fish to bite, she began to drift off a little. She wasn't sure how she was able to do it in these temperatures, but somehow she was feeling very sleepy. She just wanted to go back to town, but she also wanted to keep fishing for more materials for her restaurant. The two ideas were conflicting in her mind and making her question whether or not she should stay or go. She decided that she would stay for a little while longer, but should probably focus a little less on the fishing and just let her own thoughts wander mindlessly on their own.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102814

CD: 8 - 2 mats found

Totals:

200 Col

12x T1 Mats

Continuing to fish, Neo was rewarded with another tug of the line. Worrying a little about fishing up something a little less tame, Neo debated about whether or not she should keep fishing. She decided to wait until she actually fished up a monster before trying something else. Things seemed peaceful for now and Neo didn't want to change that. There was little else for her to do, and she didn't know where else she could go to get more quests. She knew she could try and get to higher floors, but it seemed as though it may be quite a while before that would happen. Neo may have been progressing quickly, but it was still at a pace much slower than she would've liked. She would need to work hard if she wanted to on the front lines soon. And being on the front lines would mean that Neo could finally start pushing the progress of this game.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102814

CD: 6 - 1 mats found

Totals:

200 Col

13x T1 Mats

Even though Neo really wanted to go back to the village, she kept having good luck with her fishing. She really should stop before she fished up a monster, but the feeling of exhilaration getting this many fish was giving was too good to pass up. Just as she cast out her line, she got yet another bite with a small fish on it. Even though there was little in the way of materials coming from each fish, it was a steady stream. Catching all these fish was also giving Neo some time to think about her future some more. She had moved away from thoughts of the game and began to wonder what things would be like if they ever got to go back to their real homes.

It would be strange, finally being free of this world. To be honest, I've gotten used to being as powerful as I am. Here I can become an influence, slowly gaining more power. In the real world, people would scoff at my silence and cast my opinions aside. Doesn't help that I'm a girl, they just think I'm a meek follower who wants to get control.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103473

CD: 5 - 1 mat found

Totals:

200 Col

14x T1 Mats

Neo cast our her line, waiting for another fish to bite. She debated about removing her gear, but remembered that things could lurk in the depths. Her memory was spot on as well, because soon after a large creature, half man and half shark, leaped out of the water to attack her. It was wearing some sort of captains hat and had a scar along one eye. It lunged at Neo, but it ended up diving at ice as she scrambled backwards. It seemed tough and Neo didn't want to risk fighting this thing. It wouldn't be likely that she would survive. She tried to scramble away from it, but slipped and fell on the ice herself. As she got up, she looked behind her and saw that the captain was closing in on her. It had rows of teeth that protruded from its jaw, waiting to cut up a poor soul just fishing in an ice hole. Maybe there was a reason the ice hole was no longer being used.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103562

CD: 1 - boss monster

Roll ID: #103563 BD: 1 - Critical Miss

Roll ID:  #103564 LD: 7 - fail to run away

Neo: HP: 360/360 - ENG: 36/36 - MIT: 14

Shark Captain: HP: 360/360 - DMG: 108 - MIT: 18

Totals:

200 Col

14x T1 Mats

Neo got up and continued her attempts to run away from the creature and fell hard onto the ice once more. She could hear the cracks of the ice here, which seemed to be thinner than other areas. The sound of feet behind her grew closer, than stopped. Suddenly, Neo felt a large wait crash down on her back, breaking through the ice. Neo rolled over while under the freezing water, and saw the shark sink down into the water. It appeared that it had been knocked unconscious from the landing. Seeing it shake its head trying to wake itself, Neo quickly swam to the surface to escape further from the shark captain. It seems as though fate decided it wasn't the day for Neo to die, and she was glad they had. With the little bit of luck that was on her side, Neo began to hoist herself onto the ice to finish her escape.

Spoiler

Roll ID:  #103564 BD: 8 - hit LD: 20 - successfully ran away

Neo: HP: 266/360 - ENG: 36/36 - MIT: 14

Shark Captain: HP: 360/360 - DMG: 108 - MIT: 18

Totals:

200 Col

14x T1 Mats

As Neo was hoisting herself onto the ice, she noticed it was already beginning to refreeze. As she got back on top of the lake, it was thickening to the point the shark captain was unable to swim through it normally. Neo watched through the still forming ice to see the captain sink into the murky, black depths of the lake. With a silent sigh of relief, Neo went over to recollect her fishing gear. It was about time she went back to the town to turn in the quest she had finished, as it seemed as though she would be done with her fishing here for a while. If she kept going she didn't doubt that the captain would show up once more. As she began to walk out though, there was a crash behind her. She turned around to see the captain bursting through the new ice and land deftly onto the surface. It began to look around for its prey and Neo slowly backed away, careful not to fall into the fishing hole.

The shark captain was sniffing the air, hoping to find traces of its prey. Neo hoped that it couldn't smell the cuts on her as they didn't bleed in the game. Of course, things were likely different here such that these hindrances wouldn't cause an issue. With her eyes locked onto the captain and slowly moving away, Neo saw it look around, then snap towards a direction. her direction. It began to move closer towards her, inching forward at nearly the same pace. Neo tried to keep her breathing even, but it was difficult. It seemed as though it wouldn't be long before it realized exactly where she was and attack once again. Neo made sure she had a sure footing on the ice now, as a fall here could be deadly. She wished that she could've gotten something to melt the ice, make it more slippery. Alas, she had no such thing available, not even spare salt from her restaurant.

The captain inched closer and closer, and Neo began to hear the huffing of its breath. It was slightly labored breathing, perhaps from starvation or maybe an illness. She didn't have time to worry about how the captain felt though. Right now it was her turn to either live or die. Now was the moment her fate would be decided. She picked her pace up slightly, trying to put more distance between her and the captain. It worked to a degree, though it seemed the slight increase in movement was enough for the shark to narrow its search. It began sweeping its vision in smaller and smaller arcs, and Neo stood still. The captain stopped looking around, and its eyes fixated on a single point. Neo's hair. For once actually regretting her hair color, Neo stood deathly still in hopes that the captain would ignore her. That was when it leaped into the air once more.

As the shark captain went into the air, Neo immediately began to run. Instead of running away though, she went underneath the arc of the shark's jump. It was caught off guard and ended up plummeting into the ice, cracking it. Sadly, it didn't break this time and Neo was forced to keep running., She struggled to keep her footing on the ice, but managed to stay upright. The shark was a little less fortunate. With the cracks it had formed, it was standing on floating pieces of ice threatening to flip over with the wrong placement of weight. It gave Neo the head start that she needed, and she made quite the gap between the two of them. She turned her head back towards the captain, checking to see how far back it was now and saw it falling quite a ways behind. She began to slow a little more, being careful not to fall instead of going as fast as possible. The captain began to fade into the distance. Perhaps another time it would be able to get a hold of its prey. This time, it was left with empty hands.

As Neo walked towards the town, she looked behind her once more at the frozen lake. It had held such terrors but also so many valuables. Perhaps one day when she was more powerful she could run a group of players through there to exterminate the pirates and take all of the buried loot. As she thought about the possibilities, she noticed a couple of small dragons flying around. They weren't full sized, but they were certainly not birds. Unless there were other flying reptiles, Neo wouldn't know. She shrugged it off, but the memory would linger back in her head. Remaining there to pester her as she turned towards thoughts of getting a familiar. It would be a nice thing to have.

Perhaps I'll start my search on floor 1. There seems to be a good variety there, and certainly not everything would be as violent as the boars or wolves. If not, there's plenty of floors for me to look into further. One from my shop's floor might be a good way to promote business. I'll just see where my search takes me I guess.

Thread Summary:

Completed <<Avalanche>>: 2 SP and <<Snowfrost>> (take half damage from burning effect for one thread)

Completed 1 Page of RP: 1 SP and 400 Col

Loot: 200 Col, 14x T1 Mats, 2x T1 Uncommon Unidentified Consumables: [102812a] [102812b]

Total Col: 600

Total SP: 3