Okay, as I think most of us know, Katanas are in SAO as a weapon-type. A weapon-type with a skill associated to it. As far as I can tell, currently there is no sign of the katana skill! So, here is my idea.

As the prerequisite mentions frequent use of a curved sword, perhaps a requirement to take the quest is several quests where it can be confirmed you did combat with a curved sword? To me the most obvious way to gain the skill would be for a type of kendo class quest, where your character learns the basics of using a katana. Taking some inspiration from Oske's Gemini quest, perhaps a samurai-esque monster wanders a field or dungeon and defeating it (or maybe getting it so low before it becomes immortal) causes it to grant it's defeater the skill and a basic katana?

This is not directly related to the topic and can be freely ignored. To me a katana would be the equivalent of a two-handed curved sword skill, seeing how katanas are most commonly wielded with two hands. If you want an example, Klein uses his katana with both hands.

There is a katana extra skill. Only a select few have earned it. Myself, Keith, and a handful of others have earned it. You gain it by constantly using a curved weapon. I only recently earned the skill just over a week ago if I recall. And the katana can be one or two handed. It all depends on the blade.

There's no simple way of putting it. Basically all you have to do is just write multiple role-plays where you use the curved one-handed weapon. After you have done this for a long time you message a GM asking if they think you have used it for long enough to earn it. Expect this to take a long time. Especially since in the anime only 10 people had it.