[PP - F01] Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> (Rithe)

Awateru kept following Rithe, letting her lead the way through the forest. The last time she went gathering, she hadn't even come near here. She was afraid that the forest would be packed with monsters, though it appeared to be quite the opposite case. As she tore through the forest a bit to catch up, Awateru tripped over some sort of root. Looking back towards it, she noticed it was a gatherable object. She quickly did so and made sure that it was one she could use for the quest. She wasn't disappointed by it. She caught up to Rithe, and decided to let her know her progress. No sense hiding information at the moment. "Just got my third ingredient, how many are you up to right now?" With only a couple more to go, they would hopefully be done before nightfall. That was assuming they could keep up the pace that they had right now.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103964

LD: 16 - Mat found (3/5)

@Rithe

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rithe powers her way through the forest, with a 'let on stone go unturned' attitude, checking anything that might feasibly be a material. Anxiously looking at the progressing sun, Rithe, haphazardly walks straight into a tree. "Oww." Rubbing her head, Rithe realizes that any pain has been replaced by a dull fuzzy, itchy sensation. I guess that's better than actually hurting, but it's still uncomfortable. She shakes off her disorientation and looks behind her to see Tsuisuta stumble. Rithe draws a breath to ask if she's okay, but cuts herself off as she sees that her ally ahs discovered a material. I guess she's doing fine. Rithe turns to go back to searching when her party-member speaks. "I think that I also have three. Probably. I'm still a little fuzzy from bumping my head." She says sheepishly. 

Spoiler

ID# 103968 results:

Loot: 10(failure)

"Hopefully we both finish at around the same time." Rithe says optimistically. It would be better if one of us didn't have to wait for the other.

Edited by Rithe
loot roll

Continuing to look for materials, Awateru found herself struggling to find more. The forest was becoming too dense to support anything else growing in there. She nodded towards Rithe, agreeing with her. It would be best if the two of them found all of their stuff at the same time, though it would be possible to find more if one finished ahead of the other. Regardless, Awateru wanted to make sure that she wasn't the one to hold people back. People always made it seem to be her fault her sister wasn't already world famous for something or other. They wouldn't even blame her younger sister, just her. Though it wasn't fair, she decided that here she could finally show her true potential and make her way to the top of the ranks. Hopefully she could find a way out of that shadow. She shook her head clear once more. There was no need for these thoughts right now. Her sisters were still missing, no need to worry about getting away from them.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103970

LD: 4 - no mats (3/5)

@Rithe

This place had been drained of resources from the scavenging of the two gatherers. Maybe it's time to shift areas again. Rithe holds a small shrub up to the sun's light for better inspection. Unfortunately, this wasn't something that could pass for a material. Rithe takes a breather and leans against a tree, looking across the landscape. Maybe looking at the whole place in general will provide more results. Somewhere, someone's laughing at me because there's something right in front of me that I just can't see. Rithe frowns slightly, reflecting her slight frustration. Hopefully I don't have to do too many of these 'gather' quests. It would get staggeringly irritating, spectacularly fast. Relieving the tree from her burden, Rithe scans the wilderness. And the hunt continues.

Spoiler

ID# 103976 results:

Loot: 5(failure)

Hmm. Not here. Rithe's shifts the location of her focus. But not here either. Give me a break. This has got to be a glitch or something... Is there no more?

Edited by Rithe
loot roll

Awateru decided it would be best to keep looking up towards the trees. She had already gotten some sort of pine cone from them, perhaps there was something a bit more fruity hanging from the trees. Her searches were not fruitless this time, as she found something that looked vaguely like a peach hanging from a tree. She quickly went to grab it, making sure that there was no others nearby. She double checked her inventory once more to make sure it was a quest item and counted how many she had. It seemed she would only need one more in order to finish off the quest objective. There was likely more that would come before the quest itself was complete, but there was no sense in dreading about that right now. She decided to focus on one step at a time, working towards a final goal. To get herself free of this game. If she could actually help make the freedom in this game a reality, she would be able to finally have some minor claim to fame that no one could squash.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103978

LD: 16 - Mat found (4/5)

@Rithe

Rithe watches in disbelief as Tsuisuta plucks a fruit off of a tree. How did I miss that? At least one of us got it. But this proves that there has to be at least enough to finish this task. After all, who writes an impossible quest. Pondering this for a moment, Rithe goes back to her foraging. I know that you are around here somewhere. You quite literally HAVE to be in this forest. Minute after minute passes with no results and annoyance leaks back into Rithe's thoughts. Stepping stones, rungs on the ladder of progress. Some are just a bit more difficult to get to than others. Rithe rationalizes. "I think I exhausted my luck earlier." And now karma was having its fun.

Spoiler

ID# 103979 results:

Loot: 16(Success) +1 T1 Material [4/5 collected]

"Ah-ha!" Rithe exclaims as she grasps a small sprig of some alchemical related fern. See! Progress. Peace of cake. This will be over in no time.

Edited by Rithe
loot roll

The two kept traipsing through the forest, finding resources here and there. Awateru managed to find herself another pine cone from one of the trees. She wasn't sure why there was a mix of pine cones and fruits with these trees. From what she knew, there was usually just the one kind in any given area. Of course, a game could never be perfectly like the real world. This one just came close enough to the mark that there was a jarring difference when there was something unrealistic. "Maybe you did, though it seems our luck is picking back up now. I've got all of mine now. I'll keep looking for a bit while you finish finding yours." She may as well keep gathering for now. If she did get more materials, she could work towards making something. Either that or buy something from the plethora of player vendors that there were.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103980

LD: 18 - mat found (5/5 objective complete)

Any further gathering from me will be for actual materials, not just the quest.

@Rithe

"You're done?!" Pressure's on now. Even though it was unlikely that her ally would pressure her, Rithe still began running her perception into overdrive. She began approaching a large cluster of bushes when she notices something inside. Another one? Is that a material? She tried reaching as far as she could into the bushes, but she couldn't reach whatever it was. She strained and strained, her entire arm up to her shoulder buried in bush. Almost there, I can feel it. This thing HAS to be a usable resource. Why would something be this embedded in a nest of plant-mass? Most of Rithe's upper body was reaching into this patch of bush. Got it! Rithe starts to pull herself out from the foliage, but gets stuck on something. What?! Really!? The scene would appear quite comical to most. 

Spoiler

ID# 103982 results:

Loot: 4(failure)

She finally manages to dislodge herself, and reveals the item in victory. It's just a mundane rock. Dumbfounded, Rithe stares at it for a solid minute. I went through all that for a rock?! Irritated, she tosses it to the side, and fixes her hair, removing the twigs.

Edited by Rithe
loot roll

Having watched Rithe struggle to find herself an ordinary rock, Awateru let out a little laugh. It was quite humorous to see someone struggle so much for so little. It was a bit like her actually. Not wanting to fall down her rabbit hole of thoughts again, Awateru refocused her efforts on finding other materials. She had all the stuff she needed for the quest, but there was no harm in getting a few more things while waiting on her partner. She goes over and grabs the rock Rithe had tossed aside. Wondering if perhaps there was something in it, she decided to try and crack it over a nearby boulder. With a bit of effort, she managed to break it open and reveal a small crystal formation inside. It wasn't much, but she might be able to make a recording crystal out of it. Awateru had yet to find the limit of what could and couldn't be an actual crafting material.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103983

LD: 16 - 1x T1 Mat found

Totals: 1x T1 Mat

@Rithe

Rithe was at a loss for words. She was pleased to get a laugh out of her companion but was flabbergasted by the next events. "You're joking right? Or am I just hallucinating? Hello?" Rithe starts babbling, clearly very confused. "IN the rock? This is.. Ugh." Rithe appears defeated as she rubs her temples for relief. Okay, fine. Maybe I'll just sit over here. She approaches a small log and rests upon it, still trying to understand what just happened. In the rock. It was in the rock! She was having trouble processing this. Trying to take her mind of it, she looks up at the trees trying to spot any fruits or pine-cones, like her ally had collected. This fails as her mind seems to obsess over the rock. Seriously? Shake it off, it's just a rock. No harm done. And quickly the stone is driven from her forethought. 

Spoiler

ID# 103984 results:

Loot: 2(failure)

There really isn't anything I can see in the branches. How did she find that earlier?

Edited by Rithe
loot roll

"Sorry, just a hunch I had. Wasn't sure if it would actually be in there." She didn't feel that bad for Rithe, though she could understand what she was going through. Having something like that within your grasp and tossing it away thinking it was worthless. She had gotten rid of it though, and that meant it would be fair game for her own collecting. She went down to pick the other half of the rock up, having dropped it earlier. It seemed like it could also work as a material, so she quickly stuck it into her inventory. "If you're wondering how I'm doing this, don't ask. I'm mostly getting these things by luck." What she said was true, she really had no clue what kind of patterns these spawns followed. She was only able to get so much because she seemed to be a bit luckier than others.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103985

LD: 17 - 1x T1 Mat Found

Totals: 2x T1 Mats

@Rithe

Luck or not, it's still incredible. Rithe watches as Tsuisuta pockets the other half of the rock. She has to physically turn away to prevent herself from having her mind perpetually blown. Rithe kicks the earth beneath her feet in indignation. Rithe, still sitting, observes the entirety of the forest. Trunk after trunk of programmed wood spread for who know's how long out before her. I'm feeling overwhelmed and it's just floor 1. Am I going to have an anxiety attack on floor 2 and faint? I'm just collecting stupid little plant growths, but it's making me so upset. I wish I had Tsuisuta's tenacity. Nothing seems to phase her. I bet a tree could fall next to her, and all she'd do is blink the dust out of her eyes. Rithe shakes her head. I shouldn't be making such rude assumptions.

Spoiler

ID# 103986 results:

Loot: 15(Success) +1 T1 Material [5/5 collected]

Rithe notices a small flower growing just next to her feet. Somehow she had missed it. Numb to further surprise for now, she just plucks it from the ground and casts it into her inventory. "That's the last of mine. If it's fine with you, let's go. I don't want to be here any longer." 

Edited by Rithe
loot roll

As Rithe found her last material, Awateru nodded in agreement that they should make their way back now. It wasn't going to be much use to just keep heading deeper into the forest when they had more objectives to ocmplete. It was kind of sad that it didn't seem like you could take on multiple quests at once, it meant you always had to ferry yourself back to town before getting new objectives. Regardless of the poor design though, she lead the way out of the forest and back to the plains. The Town of Beginnings was't that much further, and in it would be their next goal. She turned back to see if there was any last minute thing she could find. With no luck, she made sure Rithe wasn't to far behind before making her way towards the town. "Let's see what our next objective is, shall we?"

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103987

LD: 5 - no mats

Totals: 2x T1 Mats

@Rithe

"Yes, let's." The party travels calmly back to Zakariah, whom appears to be at his workshop. According to the quest dialogue anyways. A healing potion? This should be good practice! Feeling rejuvenated, Rithe leads the charge into the workshop. Greeting Zakariah, she positions herself by the alchemical table, ingredients in hand. How do I do this. Uhm. Rithe messes about with the ingredients on the table, not entirely sure what she's supposed to do. But with a couple helpful pointers from Zakariah, she gives making a health potion her best shot. 

Spoiler

ID# 103989 results:

Craft: 7(rare quality success)

Almost immediately after actually trying to do something with the ingredients, the crafting process almost seems to come naturally. Rithe cuts the mushroom into tiny bits, and then mashes the pieces with a mortar and pestle. Adding the mush to a Liquid base, Rithe brings the temperature of the mixture to a boil, adding the occasional herb or solution to bring the potion together. Pouring the liquid into a bottle, Rithe is amazed as the liquid slowly develops a vibrant red color. Whoa. That's cool. She can't help but get excited. She presents it to Zakariah, who gratefully accepts it.

Edited by Rithe
Craft Roll.

As soon as the two arrived at the workstation, Awateru got to work. She didn't want to wait any longer than she had to. Thankfully, there seemed to be no waiting times while crafting a potion for him. She didn't really care so much as to how it turned out, but the old man seemed grateful nonetheless for her help. She had already found her own profession, and didn't really need to worry about making a good impression onto someone who won't be a mentor anytime soon. Even if the NPC did pop up sometime later down the road, she would've already forgotten him. He was quite the stereotypical old man kind of guy, and not even an actual person. There was no sense letting there be a defining moment in here. Once both she and Rithe had turned their potions in and gotten approval from the old man, Awateru waited for the quest complete screen to pop up. It seemed that there was a little more to it though, as they needed to deliver a package.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #103991

CD: 9 - Rare Item

@Rithe

"A package? I kind just really wanted to be done with this... Let's see where is this blacksmith at.." Rithe ponders her menu for a minute, clearly confused. Where does it want me to go? The indicator doesn't really help for whatever reason. How frustrating. Rithe looked over at her companion, then back to the menu. "I think I've got it. It's this way, probably." Rithe tries to lead the way to their next way-point, putting on a show of confidence, almost wanting to prove herself to Tsuisuta. I feel like she sees me as a means to an end. I get that feeling, but I want to show her that I am a capable individual who can provide a bit more than manual labor. Let me show my navigating prowess. After a lot of second guessing, the pair arrive at their 'destination'. "Wait... how did we come full circle? Isn't this Zakariah's workshop?" Rithe peeks her head in and sees the old man Zakariah, who waves. Rithe awkwardly waves back and exits. "I swear this was the way we were supposed to go..." Rithe looks helplessly at Tsuisuta.

Edited by Rithe

Awateru followed Rithe, assuming she knew where she was going. As they kept walking, she felt like they were just going in a big circle. As much use as she had getting to a decent spot for materials, there was little she could do to navigate through a city it seemed. By the time they had circled all the way back towards the Alchemist's workshop, Awateru was thoroughly frustrated. "You don't know where we're going, do you?" She pulled up her own map and saw the confusing indicator. She decided to instead just look through all of the NPC shops in the Town of Beginnings and see which one of them was Lyle's. Surely they were named, at least that's what she figured. "You might want to look around on your map for smithy's, you'll probably narrow your search a bit. How about we don't leave before we know where we need to go."

@Rithe

I guess that would be a smart idea. Rithe didn't dare say this out loud, but it was true. She had absolutely no clue how to get where they need to be. Is this quest broken? Why hasn't it been fixed? Or maybe I really am just this dumb. The thought irked her as she sat down frustrated in the middle of the street. Causing an irritating obstacle for the pedestrians of the Starting City. "Sorry..." Rithe apologizes, but knows that it's meaningless. She's learned by now that Tsuisuta lacks the capacity to care, so Rithe just let's the apology trail off without any actually emotion behind it. Yeah, let's check the map for smiths. Listening to the person who is clearly more intelligent would be a wise idea. But the Search list proved infuriating, and provided even less answers. "They have everything from Larry's smithy to Lucas' smithy, but I cannot, for the life of me, find Lyle."

Awateru kept searching in vain all around the map of the Town of Beginnings. She had scoured it enough times looking for her sisters, surely she should have found the place they needed to look for. She checked all around the edge and in each of the major crafting districts that there were. She couldn't find a single NPC shop or smithy that was there. About to give up on her search, she scrolled over the plaza they were in. She looked on the map and noticed that there was a smithy directly across the large plaza. And there was Lyle's smithy. She felt stupid, of course the NPC would be lazy enough not to bother going across the way to deliver a package. Either that or it was just a way to drive more engagement with the close to life like NPCs. Either way, it was infuriating that it was so close the whole time. "I found it, " she told Rithe a little gruffly, "it's right across the plaza." She didn't show that she was beating herself up about this, just kept a matter of fact tone of voice as best as she could.

@Rithe

"You found it? Wait, don't tell me-" Rithe face-palms so hard, the smack resounds across the plaza. "You have got to be kidding. This quest has been nothing but absurdity the whole time." Of course it's only a minute away, and WITHIN viewing distance! Rithe laughs painfully, and picks herself up off the floor. I'm going to need a nap. And maybe a parfait... "I hope we don't get lost along the way..." remarks Rithe with a healthy spoonful of sarcasm. At the rate things have been going, I shouldn't jinx myself. Rithe shakes her head in disbelief at the events of the whole day. The group takes the straightest possible path to Lyle, and arrives without problem, right at the blacksmith's door step. "Should you do the honors or should I? Ah whatever I'm just going to go in." Rithe steps into the conversational range of Lyle and presents the package to him. Immediately, Lyle returns with an invitation for another quest. Rithe looks uneasily towards Tsuisuta.