[OP-F1]<<The Fourth Lesson, Is Actually Free>>(Zuel)

Zuel studies the quest log closely before accepting it. Zuel would nod to the NPC fisherman Pete prompting him to get excited and grab the fishing pole to set it up. "Excellent! Don't worry you have the easy job. I am going to use my fishing skill in order to catch the fish on the line. But my old bones aren't strong enough to reel it in. All you have to do is switch in when I got him on the hook and reel him in for me! Simple right?!" Zuel would look at him curiously. He would think to himself it seems a little strange that the next part in this chain quest wouldn't involve combat but just some fishing. Although these quest never really appear to be what they seem like it did with the last quest. Zuel with no choice having already accepted the quest agrees with Pete and readies himself next to him. "Alright then let me show you what this old man can do!!!" Pete began to over exaggerate his wind up before using all his force to throw the line a decent way away from the dock. However all that they were displayed with was an unsatisfying plop on the top of the water.  Zuel then began to wait as he watch this old man try to fish...

Edited by Zuel

After waiting for some time Zuel thought this was taking just a bit to long. Zuel look over to his left and noticed the fisherman's boat. "Maybe we will have some better luck if we take the boat to the middle of the lake." The old man would look to his boat and chuckle a bit. "You may have a point there. Come on I will get us there." He would motion to his boat as they both got on and he would sail them to the middle of the lake. He would get his fishing rod ready and just like before he would over exaggerate his wind up and throw of the hook. "Alright this time we are going to catch that damn fish for sure!" Zuel would stand next to Pete hoping for some sort of trigger to happen now that they were in a more populated place on the lake. "So what kind of fish are you trying to catch anyway?" Pete would look at him curiously. "I didn't tell you?!? I am trying to catch a giant swordfish! It is the biggest fish I have ever seen! This is why I need you to reel it in for me." Zuel would raise a brow. He thought to himself that maybe if the fish is a giant swordfish that it possibly be a battle. Zuel started to pay a bit more attention to the surroundings knowing that there could a potential battle. "Glad to see your getting into matey! Now lets catch this thing! Oh? Ohhhh!! I have a bite and its a big one! Alright switch with me!!" Pete would be struggling to hold the rod as the massive catch would begin to pull away. Zuel would grab onto the rod and begin to pull with all his might and sure enough he would pull the swordfish to the top of the water. He would tie the line to keep it from swimming away and readied his sword as it was time to battle. 

Spoiler

ID: 103887

CD: 8 (Catch!)

Pete and Zuel would be faced with this massive Sword fish that was extremely angry. It began to ram itself on the side of the boat causing it to shake a bit as pete began to cower. "Its going to kill us! Do something!" Zuel would try to retaliate with an attack but the boat kept swaying back and forth from the attack of the swordfish making it hard for him to balance himself. He Zuel would notice the swordfish ready the charge again as he would try to get in front of it and swing his sword. Zuel attack would miss as the Swordfish would see his attack coming and would quickly swim out of the way causing both attacks to miss. Zuel would quickly keep an eye on it focusing on the the line and make sure it didn't break. He would pull on it to force the swordfish to stay close to them. The sword began to circle the boat as Zuel watched and waiting. Since it was in the water it had the advantage making it hard for Zuel to be the aggressive one in this battle. He had to stop and wait to respond when the Swordfish would attack while protecting Pete at the same time. This was going to be a tougher battle than he thought.

Spoiler

Round 1

ID: 103889

BD: 1 (Critical miss)  (-2 EN)

MD: 5 (miss)

Zuel: 120/120 I 10/12 EN  (+1 EN) (-2 EN)

Swordfish: 35/35

(My bad on the "Link to Post" All the new post I do will be linked that way.)

Edited by Zuel

Zuel carefully watch the swordfish as it continued to swim around the boat wondering what action it might take next. It was most likely that the swordfish would charge again since it was still caught on the line in order to tip the boat over. That is where Zuel will be ready to attack. He thought this might be a good opportunity to use a sword skill. He had never used one before now waiting on a powerful enemy to test it on since it wasted a decent amount of energy but he felt a bit more comfortable with the energy pool he has now. As predicted the swordfish would charge the boat again as Zuel would wait patiently as it approached. He didn't want to scare it off like he did last time with a hasty attack. The fisherman Pete cowered as it charged noticing Zuel wasn't moving so he prepared for impact. Just as the giant swordfish was about to reach the boat Zuel would hold his sword as if it was sheathed. Right as the swordfish was about to strike he would use his "Snake Bite" sword skill. Zuel would quickly strike the target with three brisk angled slashes dealing massive damage to the swordfish and forcing it to retreat instead of attacking. 

Spoiler

Round 2

ID: 103977

BD: 8 (Hit)

MD: 1 (Critical miss)

Zuel: 120/120 I 8/12 EN  (+1 EN) (-3 EN)

Snake Bite (5 base) x 3 = 15

Swordfish: 20/35 (-15)

(My bad on the "Link to Post" All the new post I do will be linked that way.)

Edited by Zuel

Zuel was amazing by how much damage he was able to produce with a sword skill. Cutting a large portion of the swordfish's health bar with just a single attack. The sword fish was prepared to attack again after reaching the full length of the line it was hooked on it turned back around and headed straight for the boat once more. However it would weave a bit to make it a bit more difficult for Zuel to determine which way it planned to attack. The swordfish readied it sword like stinger to once again make an attempt to attack Zuel as he would get into his stance to try to retaliate the attack. However this time the Swordfish would catch Zuel off guard leaping into the air piercing Zuel's side as it flew across the boat causing massive damage to Zuel and cancelling his attack completely. Zuel would fall to a knee holding the side that was skewered from the swordfish's attack as it almost did half of his health in damage. Even in pain Zuel would keep an eye on the Swordfish seeing that it would loss a buff that it previously had. Zuel wondered if it was the same as the Cave Guardian that would do 10 time the damage on the first hit like before. However without the safeguard ability like for that fight Zuel had nothing to protect himself this time around.

Spoiler

Round 3

ID: 104038

BD: 1 (Critical miss)

MD: 9 (Hit)

Zuel: 79/120 HP I 7/12 EN  (+1 EN) (-2 EN) (-41 HP)

Swordfish: 20/35 

Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only)/ 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits) (first sucessful hit)

Edited by Zuel

Zuel would get to his feet, not letting the critical damage he took cause him to falter. If he was going to defeat the Swordfish he was going to have to take advantage when it would attack him if he wanted to retaliate with an attack of his own. Taking advantage of its powerful attack the Swordfish would waste no time in attempting to attack again since the it was still secured on the line. Zuel would begin to watch its movements carefully not trying to take another attack like the last one. It began to charge to the boat once again as before it leaped into the air. Completely ready for the attack this time Zuel would duck using the protection of the boat to make it impossible for the Swordfish to hit Zuel as he lifted his sword to cut the Swordfish's belly as it flew over the boat. Zuel would quickly stand to his feet and watch as the Swordfish would land in the water circling the boat. Although not as powerful as a sword skill his attack definitely did some damage to the giants fish. The swordfish would prepared for another attack.

Spoiler

Round 4

ID: 104039

BD: 8 (Hit)

MD: 1 (Critical miss)

Zuel: 79/120 I 7/12 EN  (+1 EN) 

One Handed Straight Sword attack: (5 base) (-1 EN)

Swordfish: 15/35 (-5)

Edited by Zuel

The Swordfish began to swim a bit quicker and diving underneath the watch to try to hide it location from Zuel, however since it was still on the line he just needed to follow it in order to tell its location. But now it was much harder to tell when it would attack since it was submerged in the water. The line would begin to pull the boat as the Swordfish was on the move and moving fast. Zuel and Pete would hold on as it would pull them around the lake as it tried to free itself from the line however the fisherman's fishing skill was to high for it break it. Seeing as it could break free from the line it would stop pulling them as it would focus on attack them once again. It began to charge underneath at quick speed prepared to attack them once again. The swordfish proved to be too quick as it would flew out of the water cutting Zuel's arm as his attack missed the fish. Zuel would hold his arm where he was cut however the damage was no where near as powerful as the first as he suspected. The Swordfish would dive in the water once again to try to conceal its movements once again.

Spoiler

Round 5

ID: 104040

BD: 3 + 1 = 4  (miss)

MD: 8 (Hit)

Zuel: 78/120 HP I 6/12 EN  (+1 EN) (-2 EN) (-1 HP)

Swordfish: 20/35 

Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only)/ 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits) 

Edited by Zuel

Once again Zuel found himself in the same countless situation where he would have to wait as the Swordfish to attack. Zuel was unsure of how the water combat worked in this game so it was a bit risky to try to attack it in the water where dodging wouldn't be possible. The swordfish would begin to sway back and forth in the water preparing to get closer and closer to the boat again. Zuel prepared himself again watching carefully for when the swordfish would attack again. It was take to take advantage once again to try land a hit on the swordfish. As it flew into the air again Zuel would sidestep the attack and slash his sword through the side of the swordfish causing a red slash to appear on the side of its body. It would flip on its back it slammed into the water as Zuel put it off balance so it couldn't dive properly into the water. Zuel felt his attacks working when he is able to predict where the Swordfish would attack from. The line that the fisherman hooked onto the giants fish was really useful to know it location .

Spoiler

Round 6

ID: 104041

BD: 7 + 1 = 8 (Hit)

MD: 3 (Miss)

Zuel: 79/120 I 7/12 EN  (+1 EN) 

One Handed Straight Sword attack: (5 base) (-1 EN)

Swordfish: 10/35 (-5)

Edited by Zuel

The battle would continue as the Swordfish would once again circle the boat but not attack for a bit as it was beginning to learn that attack head on was only putting itself in range of Zuel's attack. Not letting the Swordfish have it was Zuel began to pull on the line forcing the Swordfish closer and closer to the boat. The swordfish would begin to struggle but not able to stop Zuel from pulling it in it had no choice but to attack once again as it began to swim quickly toward the boat but instead of flying up it was trying to ram its body into while stabbing Zuel's at the same time. Zuel prepared for its attack trying to stop it from ramming. Zuel with no choice would stab his sword at full force into the top of the swordfish as it stinger would pierce Zuel's side simultaneously. Zuel's attack would stop the swordfish from damage the point for took some damage himself but was well worth it for he was able to land a powerful hit again the Fish.

Spoiler

Round 7

ID: 104042

BD: 9 (+1 Critical Hit)

MD: 9 (hit)

Zuel: 78/120 I 7/12 EN  (+1 EN) (-1 HP)

One Handed Straight Sword attack: (5 base) + 1 = 6 (-1 EN)

Swordfish: 4/35 (-6)

Dmg: 50 (on first successful hit only)/ 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits) 

Edited by Zuel

The Swordfish was seriously injured as it became to be a bit sluggish not able to submerge itself any further. However it seemed it being at low health cause the swordfish to be enraged as it flailed wildly through the water causing water to splash everywhere and rocking the boat back and forth making it harder for Zuel balance himself completely as it attempted to attack again. It would jump in and our of the water like a dolphin to try to close the gap to the boat. Zuel would try to catch his balance as the Swordfish drew near ready to attack. The giants fish would leap out of the air at Zuel as he would quickly dodge the attack by rolling to the other side of the small boat while simultaneously trying to slash it on the way through however his attack would miss since he was too off balance from the boat rapidly swaying back and forth. It was going to be tough to land a successful hit if it was going to continue to cause so much waves to form.

Spoiler

Round 8

ID: 104043

BD: 4 + 1 = 5 (Miss)

MD: 4 (Miss)

Zuel: 78/120 I 6/12 EN  (+1 EN) (-2 EN)

Swordfish: 4/35 

Edited by Zuel

As the swordfish continuously flailed around shaking the boat Zuel would stand to find his balance as he knew it was only a matter of time for it to desperately try to attack Zuel again. He just need to land one more hit in order to finish it off but it was harder to predict its movements since it was so close to the verge of death by Zuel's previous attacks. Getting himself into his stance one again he was focus on balancing himself as the swordfish would come for the boat once again. The swordfish would come flying through the air higher than it had been before cause Zuel to look up and just as he did he was blinded a bit by the sun that was high above the giants fish. Zuel would try to swing as the boat swayed again causing him to miss completely as the swordfish would come through slashing Zuel with its powerful stinger. It would land back into the water as it continued it relentless assault on Zuel.

Spoiler

Round 9

BD: 1 + 1 = 2 ( Critical Miss)

MD: 10 (hit)

Zuel: 77/120 I 5/12 EN  (+1 EN) (-2 EN) (-1 HP)

Edited by Zuel

As Zuel suspected it was going to be tough to land the final blow on the enemy. He was going to have to rethink his strategy if he was going to have any success. Before he had time to think the swordfish would quickly come for him once again. The fisherman pete would cower in fear hiding the best he could as he let Zuel handle the giants fish. Zuel tried to balance himself as the fish came at the boat at full force charging in Zuel's path. Zuel attempted to hit it once again as it leaped at him but it was in vain once again as the sword fish would clip Zuel again but it was only a scratch. It was becoming a bit repetitive but it was difficult to land a hit with it moving around so quickly like that. Zuel however had a strategy for the next time it would attack. Hopefully it would be enough to end this battle once and for all. It was impossible to tell where the swordfish would attack unless he was able to manipulate the fish.

Spoiler

Round 10

ID: 104045

BD: 2 + 1 = 3 (Miss)

Zuel: 76/120 I 4/12 EN  (+1 EN) (-2 EN) (-1 HP)

Edited by Zuel

The waters would begin to become very unsettling as a storm began to form in the immediate area of the lake. Causing the boat to sway wildly back and forth forcing Pete to fall over on the boat and Zuel to stumble to keep his balance. However this was not going to stop the Swordfish in anyway if anything it only gave it an advantage in this situation. It began to rapidly swim through the water toward the boat to try to attack Zuel once again. Zuel managed to find his balance as he waited for the swordfish to get into range. Zuel would leap into the air tired of just waiting for the fish to get close enough to decide the attacks. Not ready for the attack at all the swordfish was unable to dodge as Zuel would force his sword through the top of the swordfish head finishing it off once and for all.

Spoiler

Round 11

ID: 104042

BD: 7 +1 = 8 (Hit)

Zuel: 78/120 I 7/12 EN  (+1 EN) (-1 HP)

One Handed Straight Sword attack: (5 base)  (-1 EN)

Swordfish: 0/35 (-5)

Edited by Zuel

Although Zuel had finished off the Swordfish, it did not disappear like before allowing Zuel to get back to the boat and finally reel it onto the boat. He would lift it out of the watch and lay it on the boat almost taking up all of it. Pete would come over to Zuel and inspect the swordfish as he would happily look over to him. "Splendid! Amazing! I have never seen anyone fight like that you were incredible! I finally have this swordfish after all these years!" He would take and oar and begin to steer the ship back to the dock. "My cottage is just up ahead come come let me reward you for a job well done!" Zuel would nod as he would carry the fish all the way to the back to the cottage where he had a fire going outside the house. "Just place it down right there. First thing is first." Pete would cut the stinger off as a trophy of their victory here. "Now its time to cook it!" Would prepare some ingredients as he would put the giant fish over the fire with Zuel's help.

Zuel would watch as he would begin to cook the fish right in front of him. Pete would add some ingredients into a plate before looking over to Zuel. "Depending on what ingredients I use the fish will have a different effect, which kind of ingredients would you like?" Zuel would look the possible quest rewards as each had a different effect just like Pete said. One would give him a better hit chance while the other would restore his energy. Zuel would weigh the options a bit before deciding it would probably more effect to have the extra energy just incase he would come across a much more powerful enemy and needed to use multiple sword skills to defeat. "Lets go with the Carbohydrates than." Pete would begin to put in the different ingredients needed for the dish. "An excellent choice my friends! It will tkae a little bit to complete feel free to wait around while I slow cook the fish." Zuel would rest a bit on a nearby tree.

After resting for awhile, Pete would let out a noise in excitement. "Its done! Come look come look!" Zuel would get up and walk over to see what Pete wanted to show him. He saw an amazing well cooked meal made with the swordfish that they had work so hard to defeat. "As promised here is the dish you wanted. I took the liberties of wrapping it up for you so you can eat it when ever you like." Zuel would put it into his inventory before thanking the fisherman. He would wait a bit expecting there to be another quest to pop up or need to deliver something to someone else but nothing. It seems this was the end of chain quest so it gave him all the necessary skills he needed to continue his journey to the next floor and all the quests it had to offer. After saying goodbye to the fisherman Zuel decided to head back to the town of beginnings so he could take a break for a while he had been doing quest after quest since he entered this death game and realized it was also important to take a break and rest after all that work. After getting back he would retire to an inn for the night and begin to review everything he had learned up until this point and still scoured the beginners guide for anything he may have missed that could help him out in the future.

After spending the night in the inn Zuel decided this would be his day off where he would kind of just explore the town of beginnings and the area to relax for a bit before going back on his grind to level up more. He didn't want to overwork himself so that he would be to tired to perform in an important battle but he had just finish four quest in a row and didn't want to accept another one right away so he decided to check out the market. There he found many shops that were by other players as well as NPCs. It seemed that learning a profession was not only beneficial for yourself but also for other around you if you wished to sell to them or gift them to other players. Zuel remembered what he wanted to do! He wanted to learn to become a blacksmith. Thinking about all the different things he would have to do first he decided to head over to the blacksmithing area so that he could learn a bit more as well as pick up the quest to become a blacksmith. 

Zuel would wandering around the market finding all the blacksmiths hammering away creating all different type of armor and weapons. It was actually pretty impressive the kind of things that could be created with the right materials and high enough blacksmithing level. Zuel wonder if it was possible to make custom blades before looking at other people shots seeing unique armor sets as well as weapons that had different stats on them. They were all a bit pricy for him seeing as he just started and didn't have much Col just yet. Just as he was looking he noticed some armor that caught his eye. It was similar to an military uniform and reminded him of when he was in the military. It was a bit difficult for him to see but it made him the man who he was today and wouldn't have it any other way. After browsing for a bit he would enter the place where the NPC that would give the blacksmithing quest would be waiting for adventures to accept and begin. He went over the information about blacksmithing once more before making his final decision.

Zuel would go over what the quest requirements would be in order to complete the quest and what would be rewarded to him if he were to take the time to complete it as well. The thing that appealed him the most was the fact that he could open a shop after learning the blacksmithing skill. With blacksmithing Zuel would be able to craft powerful weapons and armor depending on how high his skill was. Being able to craft his own gear would be the best way to continuously progress through the floors without feeling under geared or to weak to progress because of gear even though his skill in the game was greatly improving. Mmorpgs are usually based on your gear if you want to do well in the later part of the games so it was important to keep up as you progressed through and Zuel realized this hoping that choosing blacksmith can do that as well as opening a shop in order to make some Col and assist other players. Zuel would approach the blacksmithing NPC in order to accept the quest <<Earning a living>>.

The blacksmith NPC was named Cedric. He was the master blacksmith in the town of beginnings and the one that would teach Zuel to become a blacksmith. He was wearing a blacksmithing apron with a bandana on his head while wearing goggles. He was hammering away at a ore as it would glow forming into a rare sword as he would inspect it before looking over to Zuel. "Welcome friend! How can I help you today? Are you looking to buy? sell? Or maybe you are interested in becoming a blacksmith as well?" Zuel would walk up inspecting to sword before placing it down. "I wish to learn how to become a blacksmith." Cedric would look in delight as he would pull his goggles onto his forehead. "Excellent! There is nothing more rewarding that creating a powerful weapon with your own skill! Let me just get your stuff ready. Now where did I put that mining pic and hammer." He would rifle through some equipment in the back of the shop before coming back. "Here they are. If you complete this task I will allow you to keep these now are you ready to take on the quest?" Zuel would nod taking the mining pic as the screen to accept the quest would appear in front of him.