[PP-F2] Breaking the Unbreakable(Grim & Trinoko)(Completed)

Grim had heard many rumors about the giant boulder blocking the entrance to the dungeon on floor 2. He wanted to see for himself, so he went off into the field. Walking across the floor, seeing how much of it was mountains and fields of grass, homing mostly ox-size enemies in it. The entirety of the Second Floor is mountainous in terrain, and is inhabited by a large variety of plains and cliff-like geographical features was mind boggoling. As he reached the dungeon entrance there he saw it, a huge boulder ranging from what he saw was about 10 meters high or 32.8084 feet high judging by the lighting and the degree of the shadow, "Simple trigometric equation." Grim said out loud. Looking at this thing he had to say about 15 kilograms or 33.0693 pounds of C4 would blow in up. But he knew that C4 didn't exsist here in SAO. As he pondered about this tring to come up with many ways to get rid of this thing.

Trinoko had been wandering the area, wondering if anyone had been stuck by the reappearing rock. When he arrived to see Grim staring down the massive chunk of stone he sighed, not getting the option to see someone squirm and writhe in agony. He approached Grim and called out to him "Having trouble figuring it out, Grim?" He smirked "Do you need a tip? This is all part of a quest!"

Grim decides that he should act more than think. He draws out his starter one-handed curved blade and attacks it, thinking it would work. Only was he wrong but very wrong, the blade bounces back, and he is thrown back a few feet, lossing his balance and landing on his face. "Damnit that hurt!!!" Grim then sheathes his weapon, "Well that was a waste of time." Grim murmered to himself, Grim walks up to the rock and puts his hand on it. As if trying to see if the rock had any weaknesses, his Grandfather who, taunght him everything there is to know about martial arts told him, "Tokaru, everything in this universe, has a weakness." "Weither it may be a rock, or a tree, each one has it." "In martial arts you need to find it quickly and then us that to defeat your opponent." " "You first need to find it and when you do, take that chance and strike it, with all your might." Grandpa's lessons and lectures where very insightful, but, "Damnit old man this thing isn't in the universe, hell, its not even in the real world.!!!" Grim cried out in anger. "Sigh" Grim let out a short breathe of air, and cleared his mind. He didn't even notice Trinoko calling him. He again was in deep thought, something that can only be stopped by someone touching or moving Grim. A bad habit he developed in high school.

Trinoko raised a brow when his words were ignored. Feeling a bit mischevious he turns his spear around so the blunt end faced towards grim, and he gave him a little boop on the head before taking a leap back and then trying again. "Anyone in there, or did you just decide the rock was talking to you?" He chuckles to himself, shaking his head from side to side as he rests his weight against his weapon.

Then Grim saw something in his perrivial vision and shinny glimmer in the sun, he immedietly knocked the spear away, at the same time, drew his starter curved blade out and had it at Trinoko's throat. Grims eyes had no color in them only a deathly blank veil hanged on them. Then Grim realized what he had done, he jumped back a few feet, "WHOOAH!!!!" "Sorry Trinoko, I... I didn't see you there." Grim looked at Trinoko with panick, as he didn't realized that his martial arts training from the real world kickied in, "Sorry, my grandfather taught me how to react to stuff like that, don't take it the wrong way." "I... just can't control it sometimes." Grim rubbed his head in embarassment for what he had done. "Oh, sorry, how rude of me, yeah im trying to get pass this boulder, I could use some advice."

Trinoko laughed, having never had the intention of being nearby for long, and he had the length of his weapon to his advantage. Even if Grim had gone for the swing, he was not there. "Heh, I wouldn't worry about it. One hit or two is not enough to kill anyone in this game." He looks around and says "Well, this rock can't be broken with weapons..." He walks up to it, clanging his spear against it to prove his point. "You need something else... Training." He chuckles and points upward. "You need to find the hut of an NPC. One who will give you the training you need."

Grim blew a sigh of relieve that Trinoko wasn't mad, then Grim looke up and said, "An NPC you say, Grim looked around, and then jumped up on the rock, and looked up around, anywhere he could get a sight of the hut." "How would one find the hut?" He asked Trinoko, "I really want to try and get this skill so I can fight hand to hand again, it'll make me feel more like my usual self again if I do get it." "You know I had a crazy nickname in high school, they use to call me "The Walking Reaper", pretty crazy huh?" "I mean yeah I put twenty-guys in the hosptial, with near death injuries, but I never killed anyone, hahaha!!!!" Grim bursts out laughing, "I mean one guy i fought he took a swing at me, I dodged it kicked the back of his knee, snapping it, and then pinning the guy down and dislocating three of his spinal cords." "The guy had it coming, he was picking on my baby sister Cicilia, for hitting his little brother cuz he tried to break her favorite Victorian doll." "So of course I protected my baby sis."Grim then had a tear fall from his face when remebering his family, and how missed them dearly. Grim then realised that he had gone off topic, "So anyway, know how to get to the hut Trinoko?" Not noticing that his tone of voice are changing rapidly from being normal, to protective, then to eager, then back to his normal voice pattern.

Trinoko grinned while listening to his story, it was nice to see people still had fond memories of their old world. Something to spur them on to return to it and get stronger. It was far better than he could hope for most, like those who cower in fear on the first floor. "Don't worry, I like listening." He smiles and moves to pat Grim's shoulder before moving past him and to one of the stone walls, tapping it any saying "You need to climb." He grins mischievously "And don't get any fancy ideas, you need to climb it like in the real world... About half way up on this side will be what you are looking for." He chuckles and unequips his spear for the climb. "Though you will have to pardon me if I cheat. I already did the quest, after all." He winks.

Grim eyes Trinoko, and then pulls Trinoko by the collar and flings him back giving a head start,"HAHAHA!!!" "Then we'll make it a race, you win, I make you a new coat, just bring your own materials, still haven't made shop yet. I win, you make me a necklace of my design." "Deal?" As Grim gives Trinoko a hand onto the rock. "Rule are simple, no pulling each other down off cliff side, or kicking either, and most of all keep it clean and fun." As Grim looks at Trinoko, and then the cliff anaylizing it very carefully.

Trinoko raised a brow at the bet but slowly nods, offering a shrug and said "I suppose. It just might not be very fair to you!" He chuckles and his hands and feet start glowing, jabbing them into the side of the mountain almost effortlessly, the holes filling themselves as he climbed up, not needing footholds or the like since the sword art was all he needed for the climb, and his endurance was already heightened from the quest! He tried to get ahead of Grim for the long climb up the mountain. When he did it, he had to take breaks at little outcropping in the mountain!

Grim noticed this little surprise, but he enjoyed a chanllenge, what Trinoko didn't anticipate was that Grim had mark on his cursor edges in the cliff side, and without effort, Grim jumped, His passive skill

»Acrobatics Lvl.1, kicked in giving him a extra boost in jump. Reaching for a edge that he spotted, he grabbed on, and began to to climb very fast, "I took military martial arts for crying out loud, hell even my trip to Mount Everest was harder than this." Grim had quiclky made it to the cross over was, where Trinoko was resting, Grim then taps his head, and yells "SOOOO LONG!!!!!" as he continues up the slope.

Trinoko laughed, he hadn't taken a break, he had only took a break the last time he had climbed the mountain. Grim may have been trying for the lead but Trinoko had no need for foot holds and climbed at a constant rate. He wondered how long it would be before Grim tired his character out, whose stamina was not identical to his real life body's.

((OOC: Okay, just so there is no godmodding I will give it a fifty fifty. Combat roll 1-5= Grim wins the race 6-10 = Trinoko wins.))

Grim had almost got to the top when he slipped, his grip failed him, he started fallinng, he grabbed a hold of a nearby ledge, but Trinoko ran past him, getting to he top. Grim saw his stamina bar, it was in the red, he knew he had over done it, but he didn't care. So he used the last of his stamina to jump to the top ledge whis was about 2 yards or 6 feet above him. reaching for it he was so close to it he could taste it.

Trinoko figured he was running low and re-quipped his staff, holding out the blunt end beside him for if he needed a hand getting the rest of the way up, reading to pull his partner in crime up the rest of the way. The spear wasn't exactly short, seeing how it was meant for both hands! "Well, you owe me some tailoring work!" He chuckled softly to himself "Don't worry, I am going to be using light metal armor. So just clothing will do when you get your shop!"

Grim grabbed hold of the blunt end of the spear, pulling himself up, looking around and hearing Trinoko say those words he admit, Trinoko did had an advantage over Grim, but he was just as fast as Trinoko. So as Grim looks around he notices a small hut, and then looks at his partner, "Well, looks like we found him, lets go inside and see if the NPC is there." Grim then starts to walk slowly to the hut and peers inside saying, "Hello?" "Anyone home im here to obtain the Martial skill."

The old NPC had been in a focusing position, his eyes shut as if he were meditating. Upon the arrival of his newest guests he opened his eyes and greeted them. "Welcome to my home. You are here to learn the martial arts, then?" He stood, his body muscled though his body appeared old as well. "I shall teach you, but first we need to remake you." He gestures for Grim to follow. Trinoko spoke up and said "I'll wait for you outside." He chuckles and moves over and out to the cave where he knew Grim was to be lead into, taking a seat and relaxing. He had already beaten the quest, so he knew no danger really awaited Grim.

As Grim followed the old man into the cavern, this reminded him of the time his grandfather to him to his families dojo up in the mountains. As Grim entered the area, he was stopped, and the old man turned to him and said, "Now we will begin." Eager to start, he began the training process.

[Hense skip to end]

A few hour passed by and Grim walked out with a new stature about him, he turned and looked at Trinoko, and said, "I feel great." "Haven't felt like this in a while." Then Grim turned toward the old man, "Now you have been rebuilt, go and use your new found power." Grim tunrs and looks at Trinoko, and says, "How do we get down exaclty?"

Trinoko smiled and lifted up his hand, making it glow as he triggered the sword art as he had before "Same way we got up here. I think you will find it a lot easier without needing foot holds." He chuckles and stands up, stretching himself out before he heads over to the mountain's edge and leads the way, climbing down back to the bottom and jumping off a bit near the end. He waited for Grim to follow, hoping he had a handle on martial arts by now. If so, his hands and legs could be used to initiate sword arts.

Grim saw the way that martial art was activated, and tried it a little first. "Ok, I got now, I'll be right behind you." Grim then follows Trinoko down the cliff side activating Martial art to get down, as Grims feet glow, he then grabs the edge of the cliff and slides down, grabbing the foot holes below him every ten feet, then when Grim gets about 3/4 the way down, he grabs a foot hole and then jumps down onto the rock. Grim was about 10 feet above the rock when he jumped.

[OOC- any better?]

Trinoko grins and says "Well, that is pretty much everything. I would say you can figure out how to finish the quest by now." He gestures over to the giant rock with a smile, keeping his distance just in case. "Not so tough a quest if you can figure out what to do, the problem is figuring it out." He waits patiently for Grim to demolish the final obstacle.

((OOC: Much better!))