[PP-F1] The Hidden Garden <<Nature's Treasure>>

Dazia was in the settlement of Horunka, about to set out on another typical trip. In this case, it would be for materials, otherwise she would have been at a different floor. Yinangi was nearby, ready to tag along as usual. An NPC walked up to Dazia. "You there, adventurer, are you in a hurry?" Dazia would reply with, "If I'm going to find a good amount of materials, I'll need to begin as soon as possible." The NPC chuckled. "Materials, eh? Well, you're in luck! I just so happen to know of a great place to find some! Take the west exit of this town and head northwest. There's a bundle of bushes there, but behind the mass of bushes, and the towering trees there, is a clearing containing a garden, one that's packed with all kinds of flora! Plants with alchemical properties, herbs, edible things for cooking, oh, they're everywhere!" The NPC lost Dazia when he mentioned that the materials were for alchemists and cooks. "...I have no use for such things." The NPC then said, "Oh, not to worry. I've collected all sorts of things that I might be willing to part with...ores for blacksmiths, leather for tailors...metal bands and glittering gemstones for Artisans..." Dazia stopped and turned around speak to the NPC. "I'm listening..." The NPC would make his offer. "Under normal circumstances, I'd be happy to make sure adventurers like yourself don't miss out on such an opportunity. However, since the garden won't supply what you need, we can strike up a deal instead. When you've finished gathering, come see me at this settlement. You can exchange what you've found for the kind of material you need, an equivalent exchange by quantity. You bring twenty, I give twenty. I may be a bit of an old man, and my back isn't what it used to be, but in my best profession, heh, I've still got it!" Dazia nodded her head. "Deal. I'll see you in the evening." Dazia began walking towards the exit while the NPC went back inside the building that he had came out from, and Yinangi looked to her right to notice someone there, who she assumed had listened to the conversation. "Hey, Dazia, I think someone overheard your conversation! Maybe she could come with us, since she knows anyway?"

@Rithe

Rithe had arrived in Horunka rather late and had decided to get some rest and find out where she could get some resources in the morning. The inn was cozy, but not crowded and provided just the amenities that Rithe needed to relax. "Thanks for your hospitality!" she calls out behind her as she leaves, the innkeeper's reply being lost in the din of Horunka's streets. Now where is that quest? She takes another look at her menu, and notes that it has something about a garden. Hopefully I won't get lost like when I was questing with Tsuisuta. She laughs self-consciously. According to the quest marker it should be over in this area, but I can't really- she suddenly overhears a conversation about the very topic she's interested in. Approaching slowly, she notices an NPC talking with a woman (who appeared to be about Rithe's age) and accompanying child. Intrigued, she gets closer, and understands the gist of the conversation. This is definitely the quest I'm looking for. Right as the woman turns to leave, the girl at her side calls out Rithe's eavesdropping. "I, uhm. Sorry" She says sheepishly. "I couldn't help but overhear. I just thought that.." Rithe stops slowly as she gets a good look at the younger girl. She's adorable! How did she get caught up in all this? Rithe feels a surge of protectiveness permeate her body.

Edited by Rithe

The woman who was eavesdropping apologized sheepishly, saying she couldn't help but overhear. She slowly stopped as she took a good look at Yinangi. The white haired player was confused. "What is it? Is there something on me?" She looked at herself, trying to see if there was anything unusual. Dazia couldn't tell much about what could have been said, but she had to get a move on in case the NPC decides to blab about this spot to all of Aincrad. "Well, I don't mind if you come along...but I kind of have to get going, so that I, or, possibly we, could gather materials before the area is bustling with players, and I doubt materials would be worth quarreling over..." Yinangi seemed to be wondering what the woman was thinking, but Dazia was not leaving her. However, rather than taking her arm, she would use a different method to get Yinangi moving. As she started making her way to the town's exit again, she pulled up her inventory, and took out a small platter that she placed cookies on. The scent of the desserts would take almost no time at all to reach the young player. "Well, there doesn't seem to be anything on me...well, anyway, are you coming, then? I'm sure there will be plenty of materials for all three-... *Sniff sniff*...oh goodness, the sweet aroma beckons me..." Yinangi quickly caught up to Dazia who was holding the platter out in her direction as she walked, and began to scarf down the cookies. Most of the time, it was Yinangi that dragged Dazia into things, often offering something desirable(depending on the scenario, and it was usually col), to persuade her into doing so. Here in this moment, Dazia had persuaded Yinangi to get a move on by enticing her with sweets. A light smile appeared on Dazia's face, for she considered it neat to see the tables turn for once.

@Rithe

(!!! First time seeing something truly adorable: +3% mental stability !!!)

Rithe gives a genuinely warm smile, upon seeing the younger girl's behavior, but tries to focus on the immediate task at hand. She listens carefully to Dazia, nodding in agreement with her sentiments. "I understand the situation, and if you'd be willing to have me, I'd love to come with. I'll try not to get in the way." She pauses for a moment before continuing, "It seems like you know what you're doing, so please, lead the way." It really seems like she knows what she's doing, she must be really high level. And what about this kid? For all I know, she could be the strongest one on this floor. As if on cue, a profoundly cute scene involving cookies occurs, warming Rithe's heart. I wonder if these two are related in some way. They don't look too much alike, but who am I to judge. Rithe responds to Yinangi's question with "As long as it's okay with you both, then yes." Oh, I almost forgot! Rithe sends party invites to both players, "In case we get lost and separated." More like if I get lost, Rithe thinks self-consciously. 

• 5 weeks later...

Dazia doubted that the player willing to join would get in the way. It was crowds of players that Dazia was concerned about. As the players began to travel towards the intended destination, Dazia received a party invite. The woman mentioned that it was in case they got lost or separated, which made enough sense. Dazia accepted the invite, and so did Yinangi. Dazia noticed the two names that appeared under her HP/Energy meter and name. Yinangi had noticed it, too, since she then said, "Nice to meet you, Rithe!" Dazia soon noticed a dead end of bushes and trees...but knowing what she heard from the NPC, this was no dead end. She began to walk through the bushes, and past the trees, and then she saw the garden there. It was practically a plot of land almost covered with all sorts of flora and vegetation. No wonder it was regarded as a garden. When Yinangi entered the clearing, she stopped and stood there, looking at the large garden. "Whoa... I know that I've seen gardens, but that's the largest wild garden I've ever seen!" Dazia had one thing she could say at this moment. "Well, you're not wrong..."

The scenery opened itself up before the three of them, a beautiful collage of colorful plant life, all of them rich with possible material use. Hopefully this will help with my current lack of materials... Rithe seems quite eager to get to harvesting, as she looks at each and every item covering the forest floor. As the youngest party member addresses her, Rithe looks at the party indicator and tries to do the same,  "Nice to meet you too..." Rithe pauses, looking at her name,  "Yi- Yin... Yinangi..?" She says, almost as a question.  "I'm not very good with names, sorry if I messed it up." She says guiltily. Nodding happily when her party members acknowledge the vastness of the garden, Rithe kneels to look at a herb sprouting in the mineral rich dirt.  "There should be a whole bunch of useful things here." She pulls at it, checking its statistics and putting it into her inventory, satisfied. "Off to a good start already!" 

Spoiler

ID# 105570 results:

Loot: 14(success) +1 T1 Materials

Edited by Rithe
finding materials!!

Rithe and Yinangi greeted each other, trying to get the names right as they did so. "Yinangi, are you sure that's how her name is pronounced?" Dazia asked Yinangi, who shrugged and responded with, "It's just a guess. Besides, there's nothing wrong with pronouncing a name incorrectly the first time, it's not like we can read minds to find out how these usernames we make up are pronounced." Dazia sighed, then she said, "Well, anyway, as you can see, my username is Dazia. My only goal is to survive, by any means necessary." The two players saw Rithe manage to collect a single material. Dazia would have to get a move on, and back to the reason she was here: Gathering materials. She looked around the immediate area, but there didn't seem to be anything useful. Thus, she began to walk into the garden, rather than just look at it's edge.

ID# 105589 LD: 8(failed)

Edited by Dazia

Looking along the ground for anymore hidden materials, Rithe interjects "I don't really mind if you say my name wrong, if it's too much trouble." Kneeling amongst the flora, she reaches for a particularly vibrant flower, delicately lifting up its drooping petals with gentle hands. I'm not sure if this one will work. Not rich enough in the right minerals. She smiles after Dazia's introduction, "Nice to meet you, Dazia." but Dazia's next words caught Rithe off guard. "I guess I would say the same. Ultimately, day-to-day, I'm just trying to stay alive. So I guess we have some common ground." Anything to survive? What falls under the umbrella of anything? Would she kill? Rithe looks slightly uneasily towards Dazia as the three of them continue gathering. Has she killed? But a quick glance at the green cursor abates her suspicions. 

Rithe pulls the flower she was examining up from the ground, and removes its roots, leaving the rest of it intact. She puts the roots in her inventory and then turns to Yinangi and Dazia, offering the remainder of the flower. "Here. I can't make use of the rest of it, I wonder if you can?" She smiles lightly "At the very least, it's pretty." This was a good idea! I'm finding so many materials so quickly!

Spoiler

ID# 105672 results:

Loot: 12(success) +1 T1 Materials

Edited by Rithe
loot roll