[PP-F02] <<Long Live The Queen>> (With Rithe)

After defeating the field boss on the first floor Zuel began to try and find information on the second floor field boss. Knowing his away around the Town of Beginnings Zuel began to talk to various information brokers trying to find the information he needed about the boss. Finally he found a broker that heard rumors that there was a hidden respawning boss deep in the fields on second floor.The boss monster was identified as "Wind Wasp Queen" and dropped a powerful Alchemical Potion. Defeating a field boss alone could prove problematic for Zuel so it probably would be wise to ally himself with someone to defeat it. After hearing about the potion that the boss dropped Zuel remember that Rithe was an alchemist and thought she would be interested in the potion, sending her a message about the potion and the field boss. Sending her a message to meet him in the center of the Town of Beginnings near the fountain as he made his way there to wait for Rithe. Zuel would sit down at the edge of the fountain while he waited pulling out his log as he began to make notes of the Wind Wasp Queen's stats to prepare himself for the battle to come. As Dawn approached the sun would barely reach over the building illuminating the town as Zuel continue to wait for Rithe's reply.

Spoiler

Subject: Wind Wasp Queen and Potion

I'm intrigued by what you mentioned in your message, and I would be happy to accompany you on this quest. I just hope that I don't get in the way as much as I did last time. I'll be at the Town of Beginnings plaza around noon. See you then.

Rithe was readying herself for the day at the inn she tends to visit, checking her inventory and recently gained statistics. I'm much more 'effective' than I was. But if I want to get even stronger, I need to get more SPShe began thinking about how to do this, when she received a message from her recent party member, Zuel. She smiles as she remembers their struggles against the Nepenthes. Wind Wasp Queen... It seems much more powerful than any else I've ever faced. Are we going to be okay? She shook her head, trying to think positively. This isn't something that I should worry about. If I've become stronger, then so should have Zuel. And he wouldn't be suggesting it, if he didn't think he could handle it. Relieved by her own rationalization, she sends him a message back and departs her room, filled with energy and hope. 

She arrives at the plaza at the scheduled time, perhaps a few minutes later than she would have liked... She notices Zuel sitting patiently and she approaches him, asking "You didn't wait too long did you?" She reaches for his hand to help him up from his seat saying "Ready? Let's go before I get scared and change my mind." 

Zuel looked up to see Rithe standing before him, taking her hand as he stood up. "Alright then. Lets head to the second floor then." Zuel would walk toward the teleportation platform waiting for Rithe to walk on it to before teleporting them both to the second floor. They would find themselves in Urbus, the main settlement on the floor, but Zuel wasn't interested in sight seeing as he made his way toward the the main gate that would lead them to the lush grassland and mountains of the floor. "The Field boss should be somewhere a little deeper on the floor in a field." Zuel would lead them down the main road before deciding they should branch off the path and go to the location the information broker told him about. Zuel would look at his map every so often showing Rithe as well to get a better understanding of the floor before reaching an area passed the mountain and in front of them would be a wide range of fields. "This must be the place. Lets look for the boss." Zuel would wander around the field looking for the field boss hoping Rithe would have better luck than him.

After coming to the second floor, she would take a moment to bask in the fresh scenery before continuing after her party leader, who seemed to be less interested in the surroundings. As they detoured into the fields of floor 2, Rithe took a moment to absorb the environment once more. Wow, this place is as beautiful if not more than floor one. I wonder if those mountains are climbable. She discards the thought and returns to Zuel as he keeps moving forward. Rithe nods as her companion tells her to stay aware of her surroundings and to look for the boss. "Got it." She walked through the fields of knee high grass looking around her for any potentially dangerous bugs. How am I supposed to spot some bug? Maybe if it attacks me I'll notice that's it's there. She walks aimlessly some more before looking up as a shadow is cast over her. That's.. a bit bigger than I was expecting. "Zuel!" She calls out, rushing back towards him to take cover behind his stronger constitution. "I think I found it." A very large wasp began hovering into view.

Spoiler

Rithe takes no action

ID# 104275 results:

MOB: 10(super critical hit) 20 raw damage + 2 crit = 22 final damage

[Hate: 0]Rithe: 140/140 HP 14/14 EN

[Hate: 0]Zuel: 178/200 HP 20/20 EN

Wasp Queen: 32/50 HP - 20 DMG (-18 HP from thorns)

Wasp Queen targeting Zuel(Spawning player's choice)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Turning to his companion as she rushed over to him Zuel would look at the giant Wasp Queen as it noticed Zuel and Rithe. It began to become very aggressive as it came closer and closer to them. Zuel would draw his blade would get into his battle stance rushing at the Wasp Queen. However taking its large stinger it would rush at Zuel as well proving to be quite fast as it drove its stinger right into Zuel's chest causing a critical hit on him. Although Zuel's new armor had enhancement thorns attached to it causing massive damage back to the Wasp Queen. Zuel now being in range of the enemy decided to retaliate with an attack of his own as he attempt to swing his blade to damage the Queen. However the Queen would pull its stinger out of Zuel's armor with such force it would fly back causing Zuel's attack to miss completely. Not intimidated by the damage he took Zuel would keep his ground in the front of the Wasp Queen so it would focus its attention on him.

Spoiler

[Hate: 0]Rithe: 140/140 HP 14/14 EN

[Hate: 0]Zuel: 178/200 HP 18/20 EN (-2 EN)

ID#104276 Results: BD: 1 (Critical miss)

Wasp Queen: 32/50 HP - 20 DMG 

Edited by Zuel

Rithe's eyes went wide as she watched the massive insect take a massive chunk out of her ally's health bar. She watches as he tries to retaliate, but failing as the Queen Wasp retreats a fair distance. While the boss was gathering itself for another attack, Rithe quickly rushes over to her companion's side, her hands already glowing white as she puts them over the massive wound, reducing it in size somewhat. "Are you okay? I did what I could, but I couldn't heal all of it." She seems discontented at her laughable healing powers, looking at Zuel in an apologetic manner. This monster is ridiculously strong! Who decided it was a good idea to have something this powerful on floor 2? It's just the second floor! Out of 100 floors! She was upset, and it showed in her facial expressions. She then backs away from the conflict zone as the Queen comes in again for another strike at center mass.

Spoiler

Rithe uses <<First Aid>> on  Zuel for 16 HP!

ID# 104277 results:

MOB: 7(hit) 20 final damage

[Hate: 0]Rithe: 140/140 HP 13/14 EN

[Hate: 0]Zuel: 174/200 HP 18/20 EN 

Wasp Queen: 14/50 HP - 20 DMG (18 damage from thorns)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Zuel would turn to Rithe as she began to heal his wound from the be. He would give her a light smile. "Thank you Rithe, I am alright." Zuel would turn his attention back to the Wasp Queen as he prepared to attack it again but just as before it moved quickly at Zuel. He would try to dodge the attack but the stinger would cut Zuel's side as it came through dealing massive damage to Zuel. Once again though the Queen had hurt itself because of the Thorn enhancement on Zuel's armor crippling the Queen's health even further. After the Queen would cut through Zuel, he would take the opportunity to slash it from behind swinging his sword at the Wasp Queen's back. Zuel's blade would connect as he would cut through the back of the Queen causing it to fly around erratically in pain as it turn to Zuel once again enraged as it readied to attack him once again.

Spoiler

[Hate: 0]Rithe: 140/140 HP 14/14 EN

[Hate: 0]Zuel: 174/200 HP 18/20 EN (+1 EN)(- EN)

ID# 104278 Results: BD: 5 + 1 = 6 (Hit) DMG: (Base 6)

Wasp Queen: 8/50 HP - 20 DMG (-6 HP)

Edited by Zuel

Another large portion of her ally's health was removed in a powerful sting from the Wasp Queen. Rithe quickly returned to Zuel's side and applied her healing hands once more. Quick, quick, quick. Don't want to get in the way of his fight. She reduces his injury by a respectable amount, but it seemed that with the damage being output by the boss monster, she would not be able to keep up if it kept hitting him. "Hopefully this thing impales itself on your armor, because I can't keep up with all this damage." Rithe looks angrily at the Wasp Queen, tempted to try and paralyze it to buy Zuel some time, but she rose and backed away just like before, letting her companion take the brunt of the bug's assault. "This should be enough to keep you on your feet." It's done for. She watched as it flew recklessly at him once more, ignorant of the danger that hitting Zuel imposed. 

Spoiler

Rithe uses <<First Aid>> on Zuel for 16 HP

ID# 104281 results:

MOB: 8(hit) 20 final damage

[Hate: 0]Rithe: 140/140 HP 12/14 EN

[Hate: 1]Zuel: 170/200 HP 18/20 EN 

Wasp Queen: -10/50 HP - 20 DMG (-18 HP from thorns)(slain)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Feeling his strength being restored once again by Rithe's first aid skill. "Thanks Rithe lets finish this." Zuel would put himself back into the fray as he readied himself for the oncoming attack as the Wasp Queen would come at Zuel with its stinger. Zuel would rush in as he went for another attack but the stinger would connect with Zuel's armor first causing it to deal the Thorns damage to the Wasp Queen finishing it off causing it to shine bright white before shattering into nothing as their quest logs would become updated, completing the field boss quest as they both would be rewarded "The Matriarch's Stinger." Zuel's sword was in mid swing when the boss would become defeated causing him to stop his attack and sheathing his sword. "I didn't expect to finish it that quickly. This must be the Potion the broker was talking about." He would look to Rithe then seeing a cave in a clearing. "Since we are already out here want to collect some materials for our professions?" He would make his way toward the Cave seeing that the outside of it was void of enemies so it should be safe to explore inside.

The field boss disappeared, its particles fading into the sky. "incredible." She was stunned by how quickly the Wasp Queen was defeated. "It's like it didn't stand a chance from the beginning." She looks at Zuel with wonderment. "You're something else... I'm glad I'm on your team." Rithe analyzes the <<Matriarch's Stinger>> and frowns slightly. "This only increases base damage by one point. It's useful, sure, but very weak compared to higher tier damage potions." I could probably make something better (If I knew how to make potions). Being restricted to salves is the worst. Rithe nods in response to material hunting in the caves. After all, the last time she had checked, her shelves were getting sparse. Rithe enters the cave, following close behind Zuel, looking at the places that would be more moist than others, hoping to spot a mushroom of alchemical significance. Her intuition was correct, there was a small brown mushroom in a part of the cave where moisture was dripping down.

Spoiler

ID# 104282 results:

Loot: 20(success) +1 T1 Materials

Edited by Rithe
loot roll

Searching around the cave, Zuel would pull out his mining pick as he sees a a cluster of veins deeper in the cave. He would approach the vein as he began to mine at the vein chipping away the rock to find materials inside. As he continued to swing at the vein it would crumble the rock away until the entire thing was completely depleted the vein hoping find some ore. After the final hit there would be something shinning in the rubble as Zuel would lean down and collect the ore. He was successful in finding a tier 1 materials as he added it to his inventory as he looked to Rithe to see that she was also successful. "Not bad. Seems like we were both successful in our search." Zuel smile at her before he would continue to look around for another vein to mine. Zuel would focus on the small veins so that he could mine it quickly.

Spoiler

ID# 104284 results: LD: 16 (Materials Found)

+1 T1 Materials

Edited by Zuel

So far, their search for materials was successful, each player finding something useful to add to their inventories. "This was a smart idea, good suggestion. I was starting to run out, so I'm glad I get the chance to restore my stock." Rithe returns his smile, and returns to her own task.  Maybe the one by the entrance was just luck. After all, I was struggling so hard to find some materials like these just the other day. A thought (while incorrect) dawned upon her. Maybe it's because it's the second floor. Maybe it's just easier to find materials as the floor get more dangerous. That would make sense to me. She scanned the interior of the cave finding nothing else that she could make use of. Or maybe it was just luck. She lifts a small rock and notices some bugs, but no usable resources. She sighs, and then notices a patch of cave moss. This could be good. 

Spoiler

ID# 104285 results:

Loot: 13(failure)

Edited by Rithe
loot roll

Once again Zuel would walk up to another vein and begin to pick away at it with his pickaxe causing the vein to break apart as the rubble would fall to the floor. Zuel would take a couple of big swings to break parts of the vein off to find materials. He began to deplete the vein as nothing was showing up as it crumbled away completely. Zuel began to sift through the rubble hoping to find hoping to find a ore. To his surprise he would find another tier 1 material shining in the rubble as he picked it up adding it to his inventory. Zuel was two for two on his searches resting his mining pickaxe on his shoulder as he went to to another vein ready to mine it as he look to see if Rithe was also having some luck like he was. "I am glad you think so. It is good to stock up so we can continue to grow our professions so when we get to higher levels we can use it to our advantage."

Spoiler

ID# 104286 results: LD: 15 (Success)

+1 Tier Materials

Edited by Zuel

Rithe walked over to the moss, and grasped onto it, looking closely at its properties. No this won't work. The composition of it wasn't as potent as some of the other moss she had found on a separate adventure. Things weren't going as smoothly as she would have liked. Luckily for her companion, however, he was finding ore after ore. I wonder how different blacksmithing is from alchemy. I know that they are different on a fundamental level. But ultimately they are just two professions out to do the same thing. Make money and make items. "This is no good. I think that mushroom tempted me to come in here only to find nothing." Or maybe I'm over-thinking this. She checks behind where the moss was attached to the wall, using her dagger to free it from its moorings. She spots a small alcove, a recess in the rock that the moss was covering. Did someone put this here? She didn't know, but if it had what she needed, it would certainly be welcome.

Spoiler

ID# 104290 results:

Loot: 15(success) +1 T1 Materials

Edited by Rithe
loot roll

As they ventured a bit deeper in the gave there was an open area where the ceiling was open allowing light to seep through illuminating the area as flowers moss and mushrooms would grow and to the side was an entire vein of mineable ore. "This looks like a great spot to farm for materials." Zuel would inspect the area as a natural spring was running through the area as well. It was quite a spectacle to behold and very well designed. Zuel would walk up to one of the veins again and begin to mindlessly pick away at the vein to try to find more ore. After mining the rock down it failed to yield any ore but he expected as much as his luck couldn't continue. Zuel would sift through the rubble and scoffs as he tosses one of the rock away as he rose to his feet to look for another vein to mine in the immediate area. 

Spoiler

ID# 104305 results:

Loot: 6(Failure)

Edited by Zuel

Rithe noticed the spring as Zuel guided her into a new area. This looks like a perfect place for mushrooms to be. She thinks, mirroring her ally's words. She combs the entire length of the spring with her vision, even crouching down and getting a closer look at some of the more promising specimens. She was grateful for finding that recess in the rock, but knew that she shouldn't count on being that lucky again. But who did that? I thought that stone was an immortal object? She tries to stab the wall with her dagger and seeing the familiar text appear. 'Immortal Object'. She frowns and goes back to scrounging for mushrooms, finding nothing as of yet. Some time passes and she still wasn't having much luck. She looks over to Zuel and notices that he his just as unlucky. Strange, even though this area seems to be full of valuable things, there is nothing.

Spoiler

ID# 104306 results:

Loot: 12(failure)

Edited by Rithe
loot roll

Getting a bit tired from mining he would take a short break going  over to the spring and filling up a flask as he began to drink from it. The spring water tasted fresh even though it had been here in this cave, it must flow from a natural lake or river. After regaining his energy he would head over to another ore vein and start mining it once again. Each hit would break off a piece of the vein as sparks would also fly as he made impact with the rock, lighting the area a little more. After a couple hits it would break down the vein going for one final hit hoping to find an ore inside. However once again he found nothing as he used the pick to move the rubble out of the way to check if there was anything inside. Wiping the sweat off his forehead he would continue to attempt to gather materials by heading to another vein in the area they were in making sure to stay close to Rithe and not wander off to far.

Spoiler

ID# 104307 results: 

LD: 9 (Failure)

Edited by Zuel

Also deciding it was time to have a break, Rithe sat down on a conveniently placed rock. She watched Zuel collect water from the spring and briefly considered doing this also, but deciding against it as she didn't want to get in his way and cause any kind of awkwardness. She relaxes and waits patiently for her companion to enjoy his rest. And as soon as he goes off to his ore veins, she returns to the moss and the mushrooms. I don't think I could cut it as a blacksmith. It must be so loud, all the time. Just like a constant clanging. She looks over at Zuel. I hope his work hasn't given him tinnitus. That would be horrible. Rithe plucks a mushroom from the ground inspecting it. Not quite, the ones that I'm looking for have a very specific shape... She wasn't having much luck, but she was determined to find at least one more before they left. However, her determination may not last as long as she thinks it will.

But she might have gotten lucky this time.

Spoiler

ID# 104308 results:

Loot: 20(success) +1 T1 Materials

Edited by Rithe
loot roll

After mining for some time Zuel would look over to his companion seeing her taking a break. He would walk over to her handing her his flask so that she could drink for it as well. "You looked a little thirsty Rithe." Zuel would head back over to the vein that he was mining at, picking up his pickaxe and began mining away at it chipping away the rock to find an ore inside. Sparks began to fly from each hit since the rock was a bit harder than the previous one hoping that it would yield better results than before. The vein would be completely exhausted leaving nothing but rocks as Zuel would toss them aside and out of the way so he wouldn't trip while he looked for another vein to mine. Still plenty around the wide open area but it started to get late and they should be heading back soon. "We should start heading back Rithe." Zuel would look up as the sun began to set making the cave a bit darker.

Spoiler

ID# 104309 results:

LD: 13(Failure)

Edited by Zuel

Rithe accepts his flask gratefully, and returns it after refreshing herself. "Thanks." She turns as if to look for more materials, but decides against it and rests against the same rock as before, watching Zuel carve the resources out of the vein. Unfortunately it didn't seem like he was doing too well. Rithe notices the darkness at approximately the same time as her companion, and acknowledges that they should leave. Rithe leads the way out, giving a parting glance for any possible materials, but finding nothing. The pair see the sun shine across the fields,reflecting off of and illuminating the grass. It was a very exquisite sight, but the party needed to return quickly and turn in this quest. The two arrive back at Urbus, and submit the quest, receiving various rewards. 

Rithe looks at her ally, and smiles. "This was an interesting adventure, and I look forward to what we will accomplish in the future!" She would then exchange the pleasantries necessary for departure and turns to leave. She looks back over her shoulder to say: "See you again soon, Zuel."