[F01-SP] Learning to Crawl «The First Few Lessons are Free»

As much as he loved being in combat, Kuruyama knew he couldn't go on forever, he was expending more energy than he could regenerate. However, he knew that doing this was essential for him to get stronger, and this training was going to make all the difference later on. "No matter what, I can't stop. If I stop for just one day, then all their deaths would be in vain. I cannot let that happen. Not now, not ever!" With this outburst, it felt as if Kuruyama had all the energy from a thousand suns and went in for one last assault. He leapt up into the air and brought his sword down with unholy justice. This time as the blade sliced through the boar, it disintegrated almost immediately. Suddenly, there it was. «Congratulations!» Kuruyama looked up into the sky as pieces of fragmented code surrounded him and fluttered away into the aether. Now with his emotions cleared and his determination refreshed, it was time to go back to searching for those materials he's been looking for.

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

|Party|
|Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 13/20 | Energy: 0/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 | Hate: 1 |

|Enemy|
|Lv:1 Frenzy Boar#1 | HP: 0/10 | DMG: 3 |
|Lv:1 Frenzy Boar#2 | HP: 0/10 | DMG: 3 |
Dice Result:
ID#: 131243
BD: 6 + 1 = 7
MD: 4

Turn Summary:

5 Damage done to Frenzy Boar #2, Frenzy Boar #2 defeated

Loot:

Spoiler

Dice Result:
Col: 30 + 30 Col Bonus
ID#: 121250
LD: 8
CD: 9
Total Loot:
60 Col, (2) T1 Crafting Materials (bonus), (1) rare [unidentified] Trinket

Edited by Kuruyama

Satisfied with himself, he took a few moments to rest. He wondered that, if he was having this much trouble with boars and wolves at level one, then how could he possibly be any decent later on. He then remembered that he was still using the gear that he had gotten at the start of the game, "I really need to upgrade my gear. Then maybe I won't have such a hard time. I wonder if I can get any items that can also increase my energy..." Fearful of being over critical and subject to overthinking the situation, Kuruyama lightly smacked himself on the cheek to realign his thoughts. "Right. Look for more materials, so that I can learn to craft. Stay on topic." He then began to once again scout out the area this time heading away from the remaining boar as to not draw his attention. He found himself back at the hole he found a rabbit in and stuck his hand in again. "If it doesn't work this time, I'm looking elsewhere." Just as he was about to give up, he felt something solid in his hand, hoping it wasn't another rabbit, he pulled it out of the hole and to his amazement he actually found some material!

Stats:

Spoiler

| Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 20/20 | Energy: 1/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |

Searching for Materials:

Spoiler

Dice Result:
ID#: 131264
LD: 20
Success
Quest Total: 3/5 T1 Crafting Materials

Edited by Kuruyama

Kuruyama had begun to wonder if his luck has finally turned around and maybe he just found the best spot at the time of day for grinding materials. This time around he started poking around in different places such as tall grass, under rocks and boulders, and even at the treetops. He figured that if he could reach it, he would search it. "If I have to overturn each and every rock, climb every tree, and scour each bit of this location for materials, I will." First, he decided to check the tall grass, after what felt like hours of searching, he was unable to find anything worthwhile. Next, he would start climbing the trees and looking for anything he could find. Again, he didn't find anything of substantial worth. He then climbed back down from the tree he was in and started looking in between the rocks, just as he was about to leave the area in search of another location, he saw the shimmer of material that he has come to know and love. "Alright, that's four down, I just need one more!"

Stats:

Spoiler

| Lv: 1 «Kuruyama» | HP: 20/20 | Energy: 2/2 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 |

Searching for Materials:

Spoiler

Dice Result:
ID#: 131265
LD: 11
Success
Quest Total 4/5 T1 Crafting Materials

Edited by Kuruyama

Hoping that with the luck that he is having in finding these materials, he started off back toward the gate leading into the town of beginnings. It was here where he had found his first material, and he was hoping it was here where he would find the last one that he needed to finally complete the quest. It was not long at all before Kuruyama was able to find the last remaining material that he needed. "Now that I have all the materials I need, I can go back and give these to Zakariah." With the final material placed into his inventory, he headed through the gates back into the town of beginnings. The town streets were busier than he was used to, he wondered if there was something going on, maybe some sort of event. Turns out that some of the merchants were having sales on their wares, "Well, that would explain the activity around here." It wasn't long before Kuruyama had once again found Zakariah's shop and entered the building. "Hey, I'm back with the materials you sent me to collect." Then Kuruyama heard Zakariah's raspy voice once again, "Very good, won't you come with me to the back and I will help you craft a healing potion."

Searching for Materials:

Spoiler

Dice Result:
ID#: 131266
LD: 16
Success!
Quest Total 5/5 T1 Crafting Materials - Deliver quest items to Zakariah

Edited by Kuruyama

Kuruyama could barely contain his excitement, he was finally going to learn something else that was very useful to him. He would learn how to craft items. He went behind the counter and followed Zakariah to his workshop. As Kuruyama entered the room, he expected the workshop to look cluttered and full of stuff from all sorts of different types. However, this was not the case as the workshop looked very clean and well kept. "Is something the matter young one?" 

"Oh, nothing at all sir, I'm just quite amazed to see the workshop looking very well kept and orderly. No offense."

Zakariah chuckled a moment, "None taken, I get that quite a lot. It's not easy to keep a workshop looking as neat and orderly under normal circumstances. However, I usually find that having a neat and clean workshop is essential to becoming a decent craftsman." Kuruyama nodded in agreement, "For one, it is much easier to find what you're looking for." Zakariah agreed, "I'm glad you are taking an interest in all the particular details, but make sure to pay attention to the most important parts." He then started to craft a potion after taking different materials and putting them together. Finally, a light shone and Zakariah held in his hands a newly crafted potion. "Now it's your turn." Kuruyama then proceeded to follow the steps just as he was shown. Unexpectedly, there was a small puff of smoke and dialogue that simply stated that he had failed to produce a quality product. "That's okay, it was to be expected, no one ever gets it on their first try. You might want to try letting it simmer a bit longer next time." Kuruyama nodded and tried again, this time taking the words of his mentor and applying it to this new attempt. Then a light shone and he held a crafted potion in his hands. "Hey! I did it!." 

"Very good, this is the first step of many you will take over your time here. Now I have taught you everything I can, now I have one last favor to ask of you. Could you deliver this package to Lyle Tealeaf, he's a blacksmith here in the Town of Beginnings, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding him." Kuruyama nods once more, hands the potion to Zakariah, and takes the package and starts to head off, "Thank you for all your assistance and guidance!"

Crafting a Healing Potion:

Spoiler

Attempt #1:
Dice Results
ID#: 131267
CD: 3
Fail

Invalid Roll:
ID#:131268

Attempt #2:
Dice Results
ID#: 131269
CD: 5
Success!
Good Quality Healing Potion (Quest Item)

Edited by Kuruyama

Kuruyama had left the shop with more knowledge than he had, he felt empowered. Now his next task was to deliver a package to a local blacksmith in the Town of Beginnings. He searched endlessly for any signs of the blacksmith's shop, and when he asked for directions, he would get the same answer. By midday, he had already walked most of the town. He then looked down an alley and decided to take a look at what might be down there, lo and behold it was the shop he had been searching for, for hours. Kuruyama entered the shop with the package in hand and much to his surprise the shop was bustling with customers. He noticed there was a small queue for patrons to order what they needed. He decided that he was not in much of a hurry so he waited in the queue for his turn to speak with the blacksmith. Within a few moments, he was at the front, "Welcome to Tealeaf's Iron Emporium, how may I assist you this fine day?" 

"Hello, I have a package for a mister Lyle Tealeaf, do you know where I could find him?" The muscle clad man in front of Kuruyama had a hearty laugh, "Find him? Well sure I can find him, he's me!" Kuruyama chuckled to himself and placed the package onto the counter, "Very nice to meet you, here is your package from Zakariah." 

"Zakariah you say? Hey, if you have some spare time, I could use some help with something, I have been overbooked with orders these past few days and I'm having some trouble keeping up. So what do ya say? You up for some extra work?"

Kuruyama nodded, "Sure thing, what would you like for me to do?"

Thread Summary:

Spoiler

Thread Summary:
Col: 140
Bonus Col: 400
SP: 4 - (1 Base + 1 December Buff + 2 Quest Complete)
Total Posts: 26

Quest «The First Few Lessons are Free» Complete!
Rewards: (5) T1 Health Potions, (1) T1 Damage Potion, (1) T1 Over-Health Potion

Total Items gained:
Kuruyama: 540 Col, (4) T1 Crafting Materials, (1) rare [unidentified] Trinket, (5) T1 Health Potions, (1) T1 Damage Potion, (1) T1 Over-Health Potion

Edited by Kuruyama