(SP-F1) Finding Magic <<Earning a Living:Performer>> [Complete]

An amber eyed and red headed player walked around the starter town. Clad in a dark suit and a dagger by his side, Aden walked around aimlessly around the "Town of Beginnings". He was running out of things he could look into in the city. Out of boredom, he flicked open his menu to look at the materials he gathered over his last adventure, then grimaced at the pending quest about the boars. Ignoring the inevitable, he closed out his menu and continued on the winding roads of the first floor city.

Then he heard a voice being carried on the wind, it's tone beautiful. Curious and wishing to distract himself, he followed the noise to a open door, where he finds a woman whose looks matches her voice. Sensing his presence, she turns around and waves him over. Walking inside she gives her quest spiel. Aden almost pressed yes before giving Alyssa a questioning gaze.

"Does this require combat of any type?"

She shook her head, a gentle smile on her lips.

"It is optional, though preferably I would like you to avoid gathering from mobs."

Aden accepted without further hesitation, and began to make his way out of the city.

[Declared Inventory]

Spoiler

» One handed dagger (No enchants)

» The Devil's Suit (+2 LD)

Spoiler

Name: "The Devil's Suit"

Your Profession: Tailor

Your Rank: 4

ID: 85958

Roll: 10+1

Item Type: suit (clothing)
Tier: 1

Quality: rare

Enhancements: Loot Die (2)

Description: Just look at the picture ^^. A dark suit that looks very well.

Post Link: (Self-Explanatory)

Suit.thumb.jpg.723d5e893127ef9c574ac02b07f0d4af.jpg

» 7 Bread (No enchants)

» 13 Water (No enchants)

[Declared Skills]

Spoiler

Non-combat:
» 

Passive:
» Search and Detect (Rank 1)

Combat:
»

Weapon skills:
»

Edited by Merlin

Instead of taking the path towards the forest, he instead began to trek towards the low mountains of floor one. While he loves the forest, he doubted there would be much in the way of crystals residing there. Pushing forward, he passed by the plains and soon the fields became sloping hills, and Aden found himself in a new area.

Seeing a lonesome rock with a speckling of ore in it, he took out his knife out of habit and prepared to gather the material. Then, he glanced down at his tool, and realized he was unprepared. Sheathing his dagger, he began to step back towards the town to get a chisel when a flower like no other caught his eye.

It had the shape of a lily, yet its petals seemed to be made out of gem stone. Fascinated, he ran his hand over them, and it was as hard as it looked. Cutting into the stem, he gently removed the bloom from the flower, and placed it into his inventory. Smiling at the convenience of it all, he began to travel further into the mountains for these gem flowers.

[Gathering Quest Materials]

ID: 104373

LD: 14 (+3) =17 [Success]

[Quest Material #: 1]

Edited by Merlin

Running his hand over one of the many rocks which were scattered around the area, Aden began to explore this land of gentle hills. There were no mobs so far, and he accounted it towards the small offering he gives out every morning. Looking to a boulder which held amethyst, he saw himself tinted in purple, which made him smile.

Glancing around, he found a gem flower with a similar look, knelt once more to cut the petals away. He began patiently, cutting into receptacle. Then, he heard a oh so familiar snort, and glancing back into the vein, he saw a boar was about to come into range of him. Grimacing at the reflect, he abandoned the flower and began to dance out of the aggro of the boar, hearing a shatter behind him.

Rolling his eyes, he began to walk away from the scene.

"There is no safe haven from them..."

ID: 104374

LD: 4 (+3) = 7 [Fail]

Edited by Merlin

Used to being interrupted by the beasts, Aden continued onward without a fuss. He began to hum a small tune. As he walked along the path, he messed around with various pitches, mixing and matching. While he did experiment last time when he was out, admittedly he wasn't entirely sure what his voice could or couldn't handle.

During all of this, a tulip made of emerald caught his eye. He drew his knife to cut into the flower and extract it. All the while, he continued to sing and play with his voice, trying to see how he could manipulate it into certain ways. His attention was split between the flower, and his song.

This didn't turn out favorably for the flower. While the petals were of gemstone, the stem was delicate to the touch. Applying to much pressure to one cut, he crushed the flower into shimmers once more.

ID: 104375 

LD: 3 (+3) = 6 [Fail]

Edited by Merlin

Deciding that multi tasking wasn't the greatest idea when extracting minerals, Aden restrained himself. Looking around the area, another chance presented itself in the form of a diamond petaled daisy. The sun light made the plant twinkle against the rolling hills surrounding them.

When he was close enough, he knelt and felt over the pistil of the plant. Oddly enough, it felt normal to him. Only the petals seemed to be affected by this stone like curse. Letting his hands run over the petrified petals, Aden marveled on how smooth they felt. Realizing that time was wasting, he drew his knife and got to work, making slow and shallow cuts into the stem.

After working over the flower for a few moments, his knife slipped through the final few plant fibers, and released the flower. Placing it into his inventory, he dusted his knees and got up once more, letting a tune slip into his voice.

ID: 104380

LD: 15 (+3) = 18 [Success]

[Quest Material #: 2]

Edited by Merlin

Moving along, Aden found himself looking upwards. The clouds were lazily trailing along the blue sky, with the sun a drop of yellow which stood against the background. In the back of his mind he knew it was all simulated, but he enjoyed it none the less. It was nice to have the breeze blow around him and hear the swaying of grass. Though he wished he could do without the various boars and wolves which dotted the area.

Calmly, he glanced around for something harvest and found a rose which, fittingly, was made out of ruby. Kneeling once more, he began to make precise cuts into the stem, slowly and meticulously working.

Yet it was a gentle flower, and he had to cut it quickly lest the hand holding still would deform and eventually destroy the rose. He still took his time, and eventually the hand holding the flower still slipped, and deformed the flower to the point where it exploded into fragments of light.

ID:104381

LD: 11 (+3) = 14 [Fail]

Edited by Merlin

After that failure, Aden decided to take a break. Materializing bread and water, he began to seek a place to rest. Finding a boulder with plenty of shade and zero mobs, he moved over to the covered area, leaning his back against the cool rock.

It wasn't the best bread by any means, but it felt nice to chew on something while watching the grass slowly sway in the wind. The day was hot as well, so the water was very welcome to him. Even mobs didn't stray to close. All in all, it was a peaceful scene.

Leaving half of his bread and water for a offering, he was about to set off when he saw another crystal flower blooming on the lit side of the boulder. Humming a mantra in thanks, he set to work, and easily plucked the flower away. Smiling, he gave a wave to the unseen spirits and went on his way.

[Consumed 1x Bread]

[Consumed 1x Water]

ID: 104382

LD: 14 (+3) = 17 [Success]

[Quest Material #: 3]

Edited by Merlin

The sun was at it's full glory by this point. This heat made Aden's suit feel stuffy and restricting. Flipping open his inventory, he was about to swap out when he saw the buffs that the suit was giving him. Letting out a sigh of surrender, he flicked away the menu and trudged on.

While he had plenty of water, he did just drink a moment ago and wanted to use his supplies sparingly, though he was further tempted as time went on. Hoping for a cloud to shield him from the harsh rays, he continued his search through Aincrad for more crystals.

Finding a plant, he lazily began to harvest it, too hot to care at this point. And combined with his growing fatigue, his cuts became sloppy, and he sliced into the metals, scratching and ruining it. Giving up on conserving, he summoned a bottle and began to drink.

[Consumed 1x Water]

ID: 104389

LD: 4 (+3) =7 [Fail]

Edited by Merlin

While still hot, the water did wonders on Aden's mindset. Letting out a lengthy sigh of contentment, he began to stroll around the hills once more. As he walked, he couldn't find many material spots without a boar or the like wandering around it.

This continued for quite some time to his annoyance, so when he saw one of the spots guardians path away from his prize, he decided to gamble. Moving quickly and carefully, he weaved through the aggros of wasps and wolves to a sapphire chrysanthemum. Making it through without issue, he quickly and quietly set to work, this time his speediness due to focus and not lack there of. 

He felt the impact of his skills, letting him do cuts that he would normally botch. The rushed process was made up for by his equipment, making the flower stand a blunder or two without ruining the item. Aden finished and placed the flower into his inventory, and weaved his way through the mobs as quickly as he could.

ID: 104462

LD: 12 (+3) = 15 [Success]

[Quest Material #: 4]

Edited by Merlin

Making out like a bandit, Aden felt adrenaline run through his body after pulling off his heist.  He knew he wasn't athletic, nor combat ready in the slightest. Because of that and pulling that off, he felt both indebted to the spirits and a hint of pride. It was also a bit addicting, and he wondered if he could pull it off again.

Whether it be due to the monotony of gathering materials in a combat oriented game, or simply because he hasn't felt a rush of excitement in awhile, he decided for a harder target. He pushed through, continuing with a air of hurried caution. Closing the distance, he didn't take a second glance in the area surrounding him. He started to increase his pace, but it was too much for his own personal skill and the buffs which his items could handle.

Shattering his material, he realized that the mobs were inching closer into range, and he hurriedly danced out of the mob.

ID: 104465

LD: 5 (+3) = 8 [Fail]

Edited by Merlin

Deciding he had enough excitement for today, Aden began to search for something that wasn't guarded so closely. As the adrenaline in his blood stream began to fade, he started to feel the effects of trekking in rolling plains. He was fine in the flat fields, however, consistently going up and down the hills took their toll on him.  Added to the fact that he snuck around a host of mobs and exhaustion became apparent in his movements.

Yet he decided post pone his break until he found one more flower to complete the quest objective. So he continued his search until he found a amber aster swaying in the wind. Taking his time, he compensated his lack of energy with focus. He was lucky with this one, there were no mobs to go through, however he did keep a close eye on his surroundings.

He finished up and threw the flower into his inventory. A quest notification alerted him that this was enough materials to head back with, however he wanted to keep going. While he had a decent amount from last time, he wanted to see if he could have a fund for emergencies. But for now, he looked for an area to rest.

ID: 104466

LD: 15 (+3) = 18 [Success]

[Quest Material #: 5]

[Quest Requirement #1: Done]

Edited by Merlin

Finding a rock similar to earlier, Aden settled down and flicked through his menu. After a moment, another bottle of water appeared in his lap. He briefly wondered whether he was burning through his water supply quickly or not, however that thought was soon pushed aside as the liquid touched his lips. Smiling in contentment, he leaned back and admired the blue sky above. Ignoring all of the monsters that inhabited it, Aden believed that Aincrad was beautiful. 

The air felt crisp and clean, a quality he rarely experiences in the real world. He lived in a suburban area, and though it may never get as bad as the city, the air quality their could never compete here or any wild life reserve. It was strange, he knew that this was a simulation. But he couldn't help but start to replace his old reality with this one, a place of swords and monsters.

Dispelling the internal crisis he had by standing up, he began to walk away from his rest spot. Aden was distracted by this point, and by the time he heard the shatter, the flower under his foot was already gone.

[Consumed 1x Water]

[Gathering Normal Materials]

ID: 104506

LD: 6 (+3)= 9 [Fail]

Edited by Merlin

As he meandered, Aden began to lose himself in thought once more. 

"It has been two years since the day I was trapped here. Looking back on it, I'm surprised on how livid I was. Angry that this game maker would force my research to a screeching halt, all because I wished to apologize to mom by taking a break from it. I delved back into my research, trying to see if theres magic here because of course I would, but I never felt the same satisfaction of learning, and soon became depressed."

There was a shimmer in the corner of his eye, and Aden turned towards it. Another flower, this time a sapphire carnation. Pulling out his knife, he set to work. The flower was durable, yet easy to work with. With this one, he felt he could do it with his eyes closed, though he dared not to. Coming off with a satisfying snap, he placed the flower into his inventory and continued to wander.

ID: 104507

LD: 19 (+3) = 22 [Success]

[Materials Gathered #: 1]

Edited by Merlin

"Time has mellowed me, and I begrudgingly accepted that no spell or hex could break this curse. Though I remember trying my damn hardest, even risking my life to use a boar as a sacrifice. Those were desperate times...  I don't know what to make of my current situation. I wish to continue pursuing magic, however this is all simulated. Would any of the things I learn here be applicable in real life? Am I just wasting my time?"

He stopped once more, another gem stone flower in his sight. Going through the motions, he continued to wonder.

"There were many stories of people in eternal sleep. I mostly writ those off as people mistaking comas for magic, though now im starting to regret not further investigating..."

Aden's mind was elsewhere as he fiddled with the plant. By accident, he cut into the petals. It was fragile, and it flittered into dust. Clicking his tongue, he stepped back.

ID: 104508

LD: 3 (+3) = [Fail]

ID: 104508

LD: 3 (+3) = [Fail]

Edited by Merlin

As his thoughts wandered, the hills became dyed with orange, and the sky became a mixture of red and purple hues. The lower temperature also improved Aden's mood. He sighed, enjoying the weather. He was still embroiled in his thoughts, however.

"This is really nice, though I would prefer it without the buzzing of foot long wasps. Is this the imagination of a collective, or a visionary?"

He knelt down, but not for materials. Instead he ran his hand through the grass. The individual blades passed through his fingers, and Aden smiled.

"Lets figure out my first question first. Perhaps this place is simply a illusion, yet it is a world. Admittedly it is run by cold numbers and artificial lives. Yet there maybe something hidden here that can help me in my pursuit. The lessons learnt here won''t fade because it is simulated. So while I'm here..."

Seeing another flower, he roughly plucked it from the ground. But before the plant could fully shatter, he threw it to the sky, watching the pixels drift in the wind.

"Lets pursue."

ID: 104518

LD: 8 (+3) = 11 [Fail]

Edited by Merlin

Humming, Merlin began his trek back to the starter city. Taking his time on the route, his thoughts turned brighter in contrast to the setting sun.

"While it would be great if I could do it in real life, wouldn't it be easy to simulate magic here? That feels quite cheap though and a bit of a spit in the face. I wouldn't mind being able to throw a fireball without doing some ritual that involves spirits that wish to consume me. I should also start to restock up on bread to give as offerings, as I do feel something is protecting me in the form of a spell..."

On his path, something caught his eye, and his eyes widened as he took in the objects details. It was a daisy, but each petal was a different gem stone. Ruby, emerald, diamond, amethyst, sapphire, amber... He was delicate when handling it, and it came off its stem similar to a knife through butter. He held it for a moment longer in his hands, then placed it into his inventory, and continued on.

ID: 104525

LD: 20 (+3) = 23 [Success]

[Gathered Materials #: 2]

Edited by Merlin

It was warm as Merlin quietly plodded along. He pulled out the rainbow colored flower a couple more times, enamored by its beauty. Silently wondering what else could be simulated by technology, Merlin watched as the world slowly rolled by him. Seeing the amber colored seen around him, he pulled out his gathered aster and compared the sun with the flower.

Coming to a silent conclusion, he placed the aster back into his inventory. Continuing on, he spotted a flower with a coloring similar to Emerald. He thought for a moment, then took a guess that it was Peridot. Drawing his knife, he prepared to harvest it when a boar began to make its towards it. Figuring he had a moment to spare, he decided to wait for it to wander away.

Then, the boar, staring him in the eye, leaned down and ate the flower. Chewing slowly, the mob never broke eye contact with Merlin. There was a awkward smile on his face with a drop of disbelief in his eyes. The boar finished chewing, coughed up some pixels, and turned its back on Merlin. He swears that the boar's hips swayed while it walked away.

ID: 104527

LD: 1 (+3)  = 1[Fail]

Edited by Merlin

Still in disbelief, Merlin tried to recollect himself. Failing miserable and laughing his ass off, he began to relax, the heavy questions before now light. Wiping away a few tears, a few chuckles still lingered as he picked himself back up. Brushing off the dirt from his pants, he continued to travel in a much brighter mood.

"If that's how the mobs act, I wonder how the pets are here. I remember talking to a dog walker while messing around with a lake in a park. Luckily this was after I learnt that tongue of dog was a plant and wasn't a organ... Was I arrested then? Or was it because of..."

Losing himself in his thoughts again, he almost over looked another crystal flower. It was a marigold, yet lacked in the gold department. Instead, it had alternating petals of onyx and pearl. Making sure no sassy boars were in range, he slowly cut off the flower. Smiling, he finished up and placed the marigold in his inventory and went on his way.

ID: 104532

LD: 18 (+3) = 21 [Success]

[Gathered Materials #: 3]

Edited by Merlin

He reopened up his inventory to check on the quest, and realized that he would have to eventually sing. Merlin had a confused expression as he tried to piece together why he was on this quest on the first place. Remembering about the boars he would eventually have to face, he groaned. Trying to re forget, Merlin decided to see if he could warm up before reaching the "The Town of Beginnings".

"Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do..."

Softly singing, he found the path back to the starting city. Beginning to follow it, another gem stone flower caught his attention. Trailing off the beaten path, he began to prep his knife and voice. After he knelt down, Merlin was starting to hit the high notes while he sawed off the flower. Then a awkward crack in his tone appeared as he reached too far. This sound disrupted him, and made him slice into the flower at a awkward angle, resulting in a small cloud of pixels where a flower once was.

ID: 104533

LD: 7 (+3) = 10 [Fail]

Edited by Merlin

Rolling his eyes, he pushed himself up and continued to hum his warm ups. Back in the real world, Merlin was a novice singer. Mantras and spells require specific pitches to function. And while he has never gotten them to work, that hasn't stopped him from attempting to improve his abilities for rituals. Voice carrying in the wind, it had a soothing quality to it. Then, he saw something off...

A bit off the path, he saw a rock in the distance. Admittedly this wasn't uncommon for the low mountains but this one was off. There was a small aperture that stood out from the rest of the gray. Due to the setting sun, he couldn't get a good look at what was inside of it, though it peaked his curiosity nevertheless. Deciding he had enough time to spare, he headed towards it.

Making it to the strange boulder, he used his knife to prod in the dark hole. He felt something give way and a low groan above him. Pushing himself up, he saw a moldy treasure chest that was hidden within the rock. 

[Finding Chest]

ID: 104534

LD: 16 (+3) = 19 [Success]

Edited by Merlin