[PP-F9] The return of the duo <<Burning Phoenix Feathers>>

He looks forward as he steps onto the ninth floor once more as he glances around the burning landscape that could only be fitting to call a wasteland of flames befitting of Lucifer on a common day in his domain of the underworld. He looks towards his familiar his liger that flares up with fire from being back on his home floor as Mars just grins remembering the day he had tamed this creature with the help of a player which he would never really admit to anyone else except that player. Mars makes his way forward wearing his battlegear like always when he is preparing to take on a quest that would be at least a entertaining fight he could hope. 'To face off against a creature that is known to rise from its ashes should be a interesting challenge if it follows such lore by needing to be killed multiple times in some fashion befitting to it.' he thinks to himself as he heads towards the main settlement's blacksmith to get the quest just for the convenience of having the fight and getting the exp so he can try to catch up to his rival that is supposedly joining the frontlines if his information is correct.

@Pinball

Mars Stats:

Spoiler

Mars: HP: 540/540     ENG: 54/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Skills:

MA rank 5: +7 DMG

Fighter Familia rank 3 T2r: +6 DMG

Equipment:

War God's Instrument: 3 slots ACC

War God's Grace: 3 slots EVA

War God's Protection: 1 slot Savvy 2 slot Regen  T1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinball teleported onto the 9th Floor in a flash of blue light, mid-jump. He was running late. He jogged through the town, heading toward the blacksmith he knew offered the repeatable quest. Usually he was up much earlier in the morning; both because he loved seeing the sunrise and because he wanted to get going with the relatively quick and easy quest before people woke up. Today was different. He had overslept. He rushed through the dialogue as best he could - his generally sleepy demeanor didn't help with his already rusty social skills, actually ending up prolonging the chat as the blacksmith went on about how tired and/or rude he was acting. Whatever. I've done worse. Pinball accepted the quest and rushed to the edge of the safezone. 

He wore no armor, and he held no weapon. He wore a tattered black cloak with the emblem of the Emerald Harbingers emblazoned to the left, though to people who didn't remember the short-lived guild wouldn't recognize the strange looking runes. As he ran, the cloak trailed behind him, revealing the plain white button-up he wore, hastily tucked in but coming loose, sleeves rolled up. On his waist hung a couple of ratty looking leather pouches, and a potion that contained a bright blue liquid - but what really stood out was the cracked and dirty glass jar tied tightly to his belt. It was filled with an inky black fog, and as he ran it shook, flinging evanescent globs of shadow to the ash-covered ground. Tied around his wrist with a leather cord was the only expensive looking item on his person: a cut diamond carved into the shape of a sword with quartz detailing. 

It was then that he saw somebody in front of him. He slowed to a jog, and began swinging to the side. The safezone's end was just up ahead. He's up early. Pinball started to jog around him, still kicking up a trail of ash, dirt, and shadow. "'scuse me." He gave the man a quick glance, ran a few more feet, then froze, his heart skipping a beat. He whirled around. "Mars?!"

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 41
Health: 820 | Energy: 82
DMG: 15 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:
►<<Charge>> [35/50]: Rank 4 - Master

Weapon skills:
►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:
►N/A

Extra skills:
►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster
►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A
►<<Survival>>

Utility Skills:
►<<Fishing>>

Modifiers:
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Ferocity>>: +1 Base DMG
►[Active] <<Bullrush>>
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Finesse>> ~ Rank 3 

Inventory
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Cloak of the Emerald Harbingers: +3 LD 
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC
»[Empty]

Edited by Pinball

The black haired man accepts the quest from the blacksmith as quickly as he can and steps away from the man that shouts that he is being rude and ungrateful for helping him as the fighter just gives a dismissive wave to ignore the man's words as he head towards the nearest exit gate. Making his way through the town through the more darker parts of the town till he gets close to the exit gate as he would then step into the main street of the settlement with his familiar by his side as he would then turn to the gate and makes his way over there with his hands within his pocket. Glancing towards the sky that is covered in a thick blanket of smoke that blocks out the sun except for casting a orange coloring over the smoke to signify at least some sign of the day progressing at some type of amount. He glances as he sees a man begin to pass him as he chuckles softly to himself at some player rushing towards a quest to complete for one reason or the other. Knowing that he has all the time in the world to do these things since it is possible that the frontliens will be to busy squabbling with themselves or taking there time to do anything. When hearing the player speak his name he glances towards the player in question having to pause to figure out who he is as he glances around at his outfit till he hits his face and then smirks his eyes having this amused look. Well if it isn't Pinball back from the dead. Been living the high life with the frontliners? he asks in a sarcastic and joking tone of voice.

And just like that, all social ineptitude melted away with his insecurity. Mars was somebody he had a history with. Somebody he (relatively) trusted, and somebody he hadn't messed up with. He grinned, sticking out an arm for a handshake as he approached. "Mars!" When he got near, he quickly dropped the handshake and embraced the man. "Brothers don't shake hands. Brothers gotta hug.Pinball cackled, pushing away from Mars with a quick, reflexive flourish - just in case he took a swing at him. Two months in isolation had done nothing to tarnish his complete disregard for personal space. "You're one to talk! I haven't seen you in forever. The hell have you been?" He took a jog back, not quite able to stop smiling. It was a refreshing change of pace, really, being able to talk to someone other than his cat. "Why aren't you on the frontlines yet? You were always ahead of me. What happened?

He just gives Pin a single pat on the back as he hugs him not entirely use to this or how to even respond to such a situation that is rather sudden. Yeah sure Pin. he says rather awkwardly and in a uncomfortable tone of voice as he does this. He looks towards his rival and frowns a bit when he mentions his lack of levels and strength for being able to join the frontlines as he then quickly brushes it away for casual apathy as he looks towards the spear wielder as he puts his hands within his pockets as he looks towards the player noticing the lack of spear and armor. Lets just say that i had some issues to resolve personally that took a lot longer then what i would've liked. I am a rather busy person at points plus when it came time for me being able to have some free time the frontlines started needing supplies and thus i became busy having to do all that for quite a number of days thankfully it seems they've gotten enough supplies to not be taking up my time anymore. He says with a small sigh as he puts a hand on the back of his neck as he looks towards the player in front of him. Though i guess i did ask for this and business when i decided to become a alchemist in the first place. He says with a small smirk as he then looks at Pinball. SO then what are you doing on this floor? With how high your level is i can imagine that you are busy dealing with higher leveled floors. He says towards his rival.

He let Mars talk himself out, not really listening. Pinball was too giddy about the reunion. He snapped back to reality when Mars asked him what he was doing. "Oh. Right." Pinball snapped his fingers, glancing up at his HUD's corner, where the abridged quest goals were displayed: [0/5] Basic Material, [0/1] Phoenix Feather. "Burning Phoenix Feathers. I need to get this done twice," he said, sticking up two fingers, "once for my armor and once for my spear." He swiped open his menu quickly, and in a flash of blue pixels his spear popped into existance. Immediately the temperature around them dropped. He brushed a hand against the weapon, holding it up for Mars to observe. "For such a fancy weapon, it looks so God damn boring." The spear was plain, yet practical in its design. The smooth wooden shaft was wrapped in brown leather for grip. The spearhead, too, was plain, save for the fact that the metal held a slight bluish tint to it. "If it didn't feel so cold to the touch, I wouldn't even be able to tell that it's like - unique as hell. And I know I won it as a Christmas present, but I'm not really a fan of the name, either.

He looks over towards his rival with a small smirk as he looks towards the man and just nods his head when he mentions what quest he is doing and the reasoning behind it as he looks down at his outfit knowing he needs to change it in the future. However, for the moment he would be willing to allow Pinball to benefit from this since it could make for at least a good image and he honestly had to agree with his partner that he spear looked rather plain and not worthy of the power it holds compared to its looks. I am doing the same quest actually which means we get to have fun of finding those five materials together and then facing this phoenix together. Hopefully it would be a rather interesting time to make the fight all the worth while. though i should ask do you have any items to increase your odds of finding items? He asks the black haired spear wielder out of curiosity since he knows for at least himself he is lacking in that category sadly but he was patient and thus didn't mind the idea of just looking forever. What do you say Pin want to do this quest together like we use to do many quests before this one? He asks the man with a grin and moves his hand forward that is closed into a fist.

"Yeah, hopefully," Pinball agreed with a sigh. He tugged on the hem of his cloak, shuffling in place. Pinball nodded, grabbing his cloak and holding it up so he knew what he was talking about. "My cloak. What about you?" Pinball then nodded, turning in place, and started walking. They should hurry. Maybe later they would have time for something else. He pointed at one of the mountains in the distance. "Let's do it. We're heading there; that's where we'll find a phoenix. Chunks of obsidian count as basic materials for this quest, so see if you can find any as we walk." He scraped his boot across the ashy floor mid-stride, dislodging a small rock that had been embedded in the dirt. He crouched, picking it up, and wiping the dirt and ash off. Smiling, he stood back up, tossing it into the air and catching it on its way down. "Like this," he called to Mars, holding up the sleek black rock for Mars to see. "We should find them relatively easily. There's a lot of lava on this floor, if you didn't notice.

Gathering: ID# 105370  LD: 14+3= 17 (Success!) 
Basic Material Found: [1/5] 
Phoenix Feather Found: [0/1] 

Edited by Pinball

He looks over towards the spear wielder and just shakes his head in a negative fashion when asked if he has any type of item that would increase his odds of finding items that are laying about on the floor. I sadly don't have anything that is similar in nature to helping my chances finding a item so instead i will just go and fight some monsters so i can at least do something productive for the two of us. As usual all loot dropped will be split evenly down the middle between the two of us. He says with a small wave of his hand towards his rival as he then travels alongside his partner while glancing around the area for anything and everything that could be a good fight. His familiar by his side sniffing along the ground for anything just as eager for a fight to break out as the martial art using fighter. He glances to the side as a lava flow breaks apart as a hand raises from the ground as a obsidian covered looking golem rises from the ground looking down towards the duo. Perfect it is even made of Obsidian the more i break the more you should be able to grab if they don't despawn by then. He says towards Pinball before charging at the enemy. His fists glowing with the beginnings of a sword art before launching himself forward and punching the golem breaking off giant chunks with a singular strike.

#105385  BD:4+3=7  Charge 2 MD:1   210 DMG

Obsidian Golem: 210/420   DMG: 123 DMG

Mars: HP: 540/540     ENG: 54/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Edited by Mars

Pinball nodded, then glanced about, looking for any more of the slick, shiny black rocks. It was early morning, and the only real source of light came from the flows of lava scattered across the floor. Pinball had never actually tried to see what happened when he stuck his hand in lava, but his curiosity was starting to get the best of him. He let himself slip into thought, when he heard Mars initiate combat with a golem. "Oh! Dude!" Pinball hopped up, reaching for the spear that was usually slung across his shoulder... but only grasped at air. Right. Right. I don't do that anymore. Mars called out for him to see if he could gather any of the rocks that he knocked off of the golem. Is that a mechanic? He shrugged, and ran forward. Worth a shot. Mars threw a punch, sending the Obsidian Golem stumbling backwards, and knocking pieces of it free. Was that Charge? He must be practicing. Pinball swung around the side of it, trying to avoid making it aggro, but the rocks had shattered as soon as they hit the floor. "Maybe if I'm quicker! Try again!"

Gathering: ID# 105386 LD: 9+3= 12 (Failure)

Edited by Pinball

He quickly lands on the ground and kicks off once more and punches the creature hard once more shattering it once more breaking into pieces as it is barely alive at this point as the martial artist just smirks to himself at the success of his attack. Once landing upon the ground he glances towards his partner unable to get a piece causing the martial artist to sigh softly before quickly jumping towards the side to avoid a fist impacting the land where he was. The ground cracking as bits of lava slowly leak from the cracks along the ground making the terrain that much more annoying and dangerous for him to traverse, but at least hopefully that Aincrad will fix that in time since it would only make sense to do so. However, long that will take is another matter entirely.

Action: All Might   BD:4+3=7  MD:3-3=1   180 DMG

Obsidian Golem: 30/420   DMG: 123 DMG

Edited by Mars

Pinball couldn't help but whistle as Mars jumped back and forth, landing another powerful punch on the golem. For someone who (Pinball assumed) hadn't fought in a while, Mars was certainly not out of practice. "I'm impressed," Pinball laughed, running for the chunks of obsidian the monster's body had lost, "shawty be packin' heat." With another horrible cackle, Pinball leapt forward, trying to catch one of the rocks mid-fall. Unfortunately for Pinball, he was out of practice. Disappearing for months without any fighting intent did not sharpen his reflexes, and the rock slipped right through his hands. Despite his poor reflexes, Pinball had always been nimble on his feet, and successfully managed to break his fall with a roll. "God damn it. Just kill it. I'll look somewhere else." Grumbling to himself, Pinball wiped the ash off of his shirt, stomping off to look for the black stones elsewhere. 

Gathering: ID# 105455 LD: 7+3= 10 (Failure) 

Edited by Pinball

He looks towards the obsidian golem that is in front of him and smirks figuring he will just do the bare minimum in trying to kill this thing once and for all as he jumps right towards the enemy and quickly goes for a set of kicks along its body that don't even break it in the slightest. With his efforts being greeted by a fist colliding into him and punching him into the ground the fist pushing him against the ground for a few feet. The martial artist gritting his teeth from the pain as he slowly gets back onto his feet ignoring his health bar that took a rather nasty chunk of depletion from the hit as he gets ready for the second round of the fight. Giving a wave towards Pinball who decides to search elsewhere for the items they are meant to be finding within this quest.

Action: Delayed sword

#105456  BD:1  MD:9   

Obsidian Golem: 30/420   DMG: 123 DMG

Mars: HP: 417/540     ENG: 20/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Edited by Mars

In light of his recent failures, Pinball scurried off into what passed for wilderness on this floor - burnt trees and bushes, all covered in a thick layer of ash, dead or dying. He didn't stray too far from Mars, however. He wanted to keep him within eyesight, and there was something strangely exciting about the sounds of a fight. Pinball, adjusting the hood of his cloak (which had fallen back during his jump and roll), gave a quick, general glance in his area before prioritizing specific areas to search. He swept across the tree line, searching in-between roots and bushes. Infuriatingly enough, he still, after all of his searching, found nothing. Pinball frowned, kicking up a cloud of dirt as he shoved his hands in his pockets. Where the hell even..? Pinball backpedaled, shaking off his hood, going back to see if Mars had killed off the Golem yet. 

Gathering: ID# 105457  LD: 3+3= 6 (Failure) 

Edited by Pinball

He looks towards the giant golem with a scowl across his face as he slowly pushes it off of him as he lets his next sword art activate as his feet get covers in energy ready to enact the next attack. With that he quickly kicks the Golem's arm shattering it into nothing as he then jumps at the being and slams his foot against its head shattering that and then proceeding to turn everything about it into crystals of light signifying its death and defeat at his hands. He lands back on the ground slightly exhausted as he checks his energy stores and sees that he barely has any left as of this moment meaning he will have to rest for the time being as he gladly sits down upon the ground taking the time to restore his energy back up towards full.

#105470  BD:3+3=6   14x4= 56DMG

#105471  LD:13  CD:11  Rare T1 light armor, 2 T1 crafting matereials, 1260 COL

Obsidian Golem: 0/420   DMG: 123 DMG

Mars: HP: 417/540     ENG: 17/54    DMG: 14 DMG   ACC: 3  EVA: 3    Savvy: 1(ACC when dodge)   Regen: 10 HP 3 rounds

Edited by Mars

He approached Mars just as his final strike sent the Golem into the sky as shattered, transluscent polygonals. "Anything good?" He walked up to Mars, hands buried in his pant pockets. "I've got nothing," he sighed, glancing up at the darkened sky. It was cloudy, and even with the ash falling from the sky like snow, Pinball couldn't deny the aesthetic was appealing in its own way. "For a floor filled with lava," he grumbled, taking a few steps closer to Mars, "there's like a horrible lack of obsidian." He rubbed his nose, trying to bury the slight frustration bubbling in his heart. "Guess people needed the same quests as us. If the rocks don't respawn, that could be..." He trailed off, casting another quick glance at the ground around them. He saw nothing. Stifling a sigh, he spun around on his heel. "Let's head to the mountain where the phoenixs live. Maybe we'll find some on the way there.

Gathering: ID# 105480 LD: 10+3= 13 (Failure) 

Edited by Pinball

He glances around the area lazily as he waits for his rival to come back as his hand runs along the heated ground ever so slightly as he then picks up a small chunk of the material that they are trying to find and just holds it. 'After this quest what should i do next? There are plenty of quests that i need to complete and even more skills to get my hands on eventually.' He thinks to himself as he turns his head watching his rival come forward as he tosses the piece of obsidian towards him getting back up onto his feet after doing so.  Well if anything good counts as T1 armor, some materials, and a good amount of coin then sure i made out like a bandit in killing this obsidian like creature. Though that did burn me out on my energy so i have a bit to go in terms of actually fighting another creature for some nice loot. He says with a shrug of his shoulders.

#105488  LD:20  material found.

2/5

0/1

Loot:

Rare T1 light armor, 2 T1 crafting matereials, 1260 COL

Edited by Mars

Pinball sighed, catching the rock and slipping it into his belt pouch in one fluid motion. "Of course you did," he did, running his hands across his face, "of course you did." He turned and started walking, true to his word, toward the mountains. He needed the Phoenix feather to complete the nametag. And he would need another still after this, for his armor. He was stuck with both pieces of equipment for the forseeable future, and truth be told, his emotional connection to his armor outdid his reluctance to actually do the quest twice. Pinball was mostly silent as he walked, acknowledging Mars' report with a nod. He looked at the ground, seeing if he couldn't find anything on the relatively long walk. He saw nothing. His nose wrinkled in disgust. He kicked the dirt and kept walking, shaking his head. This is a bit ridiculous, isn't it? He stifled his third sigh. 

Gathering: ID# 105501  LD: 1 (Failure) 

Edited by Pinball

He continues to walk alongside his rival towards the top of this mountain that is meant to have this phoenix residing within it to go and proceed to kill the thing with both material and weapon in hand so that they can complete this quest. Mars turns to his familiar and snaps his fingers to get its attention to focus upon the black haired player as they start there long walk. Focus on the search of the material i had given Pinball if you spot any you will hand it to Pinball since he is the one holding on to them. Understood? he asks his familiar that lets out a puff of flames from its mouth as it then starts patrolling the area around the two player's path towards this mountain to try and get a wide enough area of searching to make it worth doing so. While his familiar is focused upon that Mars turns his head towards Pinball with a curious look within his amber colored eyes. So then Pin what is your plan after you complete this quest? he asks out of simple curiosity.

#105506 LD:10

Edited by Mars

Both Pinball and Zomekko watched lazily as Mars sent his familiar off searching for materials. Pinball rubbed his face, and Zomekko flicked her foggy tail. "Mmmm," Pinball whined, looking over to Mars. "This is so boring. And we haven't even been here for that long." He matched his pace with Mars, still complaining. "I'm. So. Bored. Mars. Help." Pinball groaned, rolling his head on his shoulders, much to the displeasure of the cat resting there. "I don't have any plans. Going to sleep, probably. I woke up too early for this stuff, dude." Pinball halfheartedly scanned the ground as he walked. "Oh!" Pinball hurried over to a clump of dirt, unearthing the stone buried there. "Oh, hell yeah, dude." Pinball grinned, tossed it into the air, caught it, and slid it into his pouch. "Finally. That's great. See if we can find anymore. We're getting pretty close to the mountain, and the phoenixs might be getting close soon.

Gathering: ID# 105538  LD: 12+3= 15 (Success) 
Basic Material: [3/5] 
Phoenix Feather: [0/1] 

Edited by Pinball