[F01 - PP] A Beautiful day in Town (w/ Ghost)

It was early in the evening. Most players were back in town and it was somewhat getting dark. Kimihito was walking around in town,being alone. He looked around the place,amazed at the scenery even if he had been here for quite a while. "Never gets dull it seems huh.."He chuckled and continued his walk,approaching a small park with an Inn next to it. He took a seat on a bench and took a look around,the park was empty of any players. He sighed to himself and thought about what he had done earlier today. He had been out in the plains,wandering and killing boar tusks. He wasnt that amazed at himself but he thought he was atleast doing something important.

After some time spent thinking,he looked around,noticing that the park was still somewhat empty of players,mostly npcs being around but they didnt even seem to notice him. "Whatever"He shrugged his shoulders and then stretched his arms,while also letting out a yawn. He felt he was somewhat hungry and then got out some bread to eat. He started eating,thinking of the first time he even had bread,bread he was given. He facepalmed and sighed "Damn..I need to stop that habit..It might end up having me killed"He mumbled to himself. He was refering to him not trying to make friendships,meet people or even interact with others. He finished his bread and rolled his eyes,staring at his reflection on his rapier,silent.

@Ghost

Edited by Kimihito
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I hope this will cover it…” Ghost said to herself, looking through her inventory, and looking up at the sign of an Inn. She left most of her Col in a deposit box at a bank, mostly because she considered herself to be an impulsive buyer, she wasn’t sure if she had enough to cover it. The in was located in the Town of New Beginnings, its structure was made up of wood, clay and brick. It looked old, but well maintained for a building of its size. On the side of the Inn were balconies that overlooked a small park dotted with benches along the stone brick path. It was beginning to turn dusk, causing the sky and everything around her to have an orange hue. She took a deep breath threw on a fake smile and entered the inn. She approached the hotel manager, who was behind a wooden countertop. “Excuse me… I would like to rent one room please…” She asked politely. The manager looked up at her and smiled back at her. “We have a room available, that is if you have enough.” He replied. “Ok, will this do?” Ghost held out a small pouch, it only held around thirty col. The man frowned. “I’m sorry, this isn’t enough…” She figuried this kind of thing would happen, she didn’t want to go all the way across town just to get a few more coins and come back. She sighed. “Thanks anyway…” She left the building feeling tired, she wasn’t sure if she was tired before and hadn’t noticed it or if it was just her mind playing games with her. She turned to the park to clear her head.

She walked down the stone path and sat down at one of the many available benches. It seemed there was almost no one out. There was two people talking at a food stall, a couple holding hands, and someone who seemed to be eating a light snack, specifically, bread. The same man had his weapon out., it looked far heavier than hers. Mainly because hers is a knife. Ghost watched the man, trying to figure out what he was doing.
@Kimihito

Edited by Ghost

Kimihito felt as he was being watched. He sheathed his rapier and took a look around. He saw the other people,some of them were talking, two of them holding hands and such. He then finally found who was watching him,being a girl sitting alone on a bench. At first he tried not to do anything but then he remembered "Said soon,now's the time" He mumbled under his breath and nervously got up from his bench. He would walk around the park,eventually reaching Ghost's bench. At first he didnt say anything,seeming to be rather shy but eventually spoke in a gentle tone "Hey there.." Kimihito said,adjusting his black coat. Beneath the black coat he was wearing a grey shirt along with grey pants.

"Um..Mind if i take a seat?"He asked politely and waited for a response instead of just sitting down. "Never seen you around these parts before.. Um..Im Kimihito. You are?"He extended his hand for a handshake. It was apparent that he hadnt made a lot of interactions with people,being somewhat shy but he tried to hide it. It was quite the nice evening anyway and a chat wouldnt hurt,or so he thought. "Quite the beautifull day isnt it?"He asked,this time smiling a bit then looked over to the horizon "Beautifull indeed.."He mumbled under his breath and looked back at the girl.

@Ghost

As soon as Ghost thought the stranger noticed her. She quickly turned her attention elsewhere. She turned to the food stand, wondering if they were still open at this hour. She made a quick glance back at the stranger and realized he was closing the distance between them. She began to get nervous. The stranger walked up to her and greeted her. "G-Greetings..." She said to him, her voice shaky and uneven. "Um..Mind if i take a seat?" This confused her, their were many other benches, one of which was right across from her. Why would he want to sit here? "Go ahead" She said impulsively. The stranger introduced himself as Kimihito, but then asked for her name. "I-I'm Ghost... Its nice to meet you, Kimihito." Ghost said, trying to make her voice sound less nervous. Now that Kimihito was a lot closer, she could tell in detail that he looked around her age, he had brown hair and gray eyes. He wore a Black overcoat, grey shirt, and grey pants. Her outfit was similar in color scheme. She wore a black cloak, a black long sleeve shirt with multiple pouches and straps across it, her knife visible in its holster on her shoulder for easy access. Her pants were black, it had a holster for another knife, though it was empty at the time. The stranger began trying to make conversation. "Yes, I-I suppose so. It looks, so real..." She replied. Pulling part of her cloak over her mouth and nose. She looked up at the horizon, the way the sky broken into an orange haze interested  her. But she wouldn't think about this for long. For a single thought caused her to shake it off. Its like Home...

@Kimihito

Edited by Ghost

Kimihito noticed that Ghost looked somewhat shy and it really reminded him of himself. He took a seat next to her as she told him that he can. Kimihito looked over to her "Pleased to meet you Ghost. Please dont be nervous.I wont judge you for any reason."He said,looking at her "She is just like me huh..Or how i used to be anyway.." He thought to himself and looked around the park then back at her,taking note of her outfit "Huh..We're wearing identical stuff heh.."He said with a small smile. Then as she said that it looks real,he just nodded his head "Well,thats our reality for now..So you could say it's real."He noted and stretched his arms "Well Ghost,why are you out here alone? Didnt expect to find other people here.It is the place where im having my thoughts for various things..Anyway.Yeah it's a nice day huh?"He didnt want to make her feel more awkward,remaining silent.

@Ghost

Kimihito told her not to worry and that she shouldn't be nervous. All this did was make her more nervous, since this meant you could visibly see that she was. Then again, maybe he was just saying it? When he mentioned them wearing identical stuff. She let out a weak smile: “I guess we are, aren’t we?” There was a slight pause of silence before the next words were spoken. He mentioned how this was the new reality, only now realizing what she said. “I-I’m sorry, I-I didn’t mean to go there…” She said as she buried her face in her cloak.

A few moments of silence before he asked the another question. “Why am I out here alone? W-well… I was going to rent a room at the inn over there for the night… B-but I didn’t have enough on me. So, I came out here to, clear my head.” Ghost sighed, gesturing towards the building. She looked back at Kimihito. “What about you, I-If you don’t mind me asking..."
@Kimihito

Edited by Ghost

Kimihito remained quiet as Ghost weakly smiled at him,but after a bit he spoke "Looks like it,doesnt it?"He returned the smile,although his was a bigger one. Then he noticed that he made her a bit more nervous,which made him sigh once. "Im stupid..Shouldnt have mentioned that.." he thought to himself as he saw her bury her face in her cloak "No need to apologise Ghost. And im sorry if im making you feel nervous..Im somewhat like you sometimes..So i perfectly understand how it feels like." He said and looked at his feet,then back at her.

He listened quietly as she mentioned that she was going to rent a room at the nearby inn,but she didnt have enough money to do so. She also mentioned that she wanted to clean her head so she came out here in the park for that reason. Then,after she asked about why he was here,he took his time to think of a response.After a minute of silence,he finally spoke "Well..I come here regularly to clean my head. Im sitting here,thinking and admiring the place. It's quite the nice place anyway although empty most of the time."He said and took a look around,seeing that most of the players that were around were gone "See? Most of them left."

@Ghost

“Really? You…” She paused, slowly removing her cloak from her face.  “...Um… Nevermind.” She may have said nothing, but she seemed a lot calmer afterward. “Wait, you come here regularly? I understand why, it seems to be… Peaceful. This is almost the perfect spot to relax and contemplate.” She said, her voice sounding content and confident in her words, though she sounded happier, she still looked a little troubled. As if she was trying to suppress it. He mentioned the other players around being gone, and sure enough she looked up, and everyone else had left the area. Even the food stall was closed. The only people left outside were them. A cold breeze washed over her, sending a chill down her spine. “So… Uh…” She pause, trying to process her thoughts. “Hold on… I need to find the right words…” She sat there for a moment thinking. “So, is this place, this section of town, usually so empty?”

@Kimihito

Edited by Ghost

Kimihito nodded his head as he saw her be a lot calmer afterwards,not bothering to ask about what she was going to say because he didnt want to make her feel nervous again. He simply looked at the sky,smiling a tad and enjoying the beautifull scenery. He looked over to notice that she indeed looked happier yet something was still wrong. He didnt speak,choosing to listen quietly to what she was talking about. Finally,he nodded his head at her question "Most of the time. Mostly NPCs are around here so it's the perfect place to be if you dont want to be around many people. People like me or you for example."He said,looking over to her once again "So yeah.It's the perfect place. And it's quite beautifull too. Dont you think so?"Kimihito said and thought of what to do next "Wanna go for a walk around? You're an interesting one,so i'd like to be your friend."He stated,looking at his feet soon afterwards and blushing,thinking he sounded weird.

@Ghost

(OOC: My font color isn't appearing...) She listened to Kimihito. "So, no one comes here? There's only NPC's? That's a bit strange, don't you think? Well, I guess people are more, preoccupied, surviving then enjoying the scenery." She said watching leaves move in the wind, trying to break away from the tree's branches. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh. She kept them closed for a while while listening to the sound of the leaves rustling. "I agree, this place is beautiful." She said finally opening her eyes, turning to him and letting out a smile. "I could sit here all day." She added. He looked back up at the tree, the leaves looked like they moved like a wave as gusts of wind hit it's branches. "W-What?" Ghosts face changed to shock as Kimihito used the term interesting to describe her. "I-I, um..." She was blushing and looked lost for words. "I-I've never been told that before. Not even by my own, parents." A glimpse of sorrow filled her eyes for a moment. "I-I'm sorry, I'm just not used to being complimented..." She collected herself. "Sure. I'd be glad to."

@Kimihito

Edited by Ghost
Typos... Lots of Typos...

Kimihito nodded his head "Well,i guess you could say so. Im planning to leave this floor soon anyway so im enjoying this place as much as i can.."He watched the leaves move in the wind along with her,admiring the scenery. He remained silent when he saw her close her eyes and nodded his head when she said this place is beautiful. He was glad to see her smile,and smiled back "Couldnt agree more with you. This is one of the best spots in this town."He looked up to see the leaves looking like they moved like a wave,and then looked back over to her as she seemed to be shocked "Im sorry if i made you feel awkward,that wasnt my intention.."He rubbed the back of his head and blushed aswell,then sighed "Oh..Well,you're interesting. If that makes you feel better,you can take it as a compliment"He said,continuing to blush "Im sorry if i reminded you something you were trying to forget. It wasnt my intention to make you sad.."He got up from the bench they were sitting at "Well..How about we go through the central square of this part of town? Then we can stop at an inn or a tavern,up to you."He extended his hand towards her to help her up.

@Ghost

"No! Don't apologise. It was my fault, I, um..." She stopped for a moment her gazed afixiated in the ground. She looks back up. "It's my fault, I overreacted." She pause to let him speak."Well, T-Thank you for the compliment, Kimihito." She said, still clearly flustered. When Kimihito began apologising for making her sad. She said solemly: "No, its wasn't what you said..." Her voice became way quieter. "Some things can't be forgotten, or forgiven..." She muttered to herself. Ghost looked up at him, shaking off what she just said and throwing on a fake smile, as he got of the bench. "Ok, I don't mind..." She said. "I'm a little hungry, so I want to go to the tavern. Unless, it inconveniences you." She continued. 

@Kimihito

Edited by Ghost

Kimihito frowned as he saw her being flustered and then quieter. He listened quietly at was she was saying. He managed to listen to what she muttered to herself but didnt show it at all. Instead he sighed "I didnt want you to be uncomfortable Ghost.Im sorry. Im pretty sure i ended up reminding you something bad that happened. I wont bring it up again. Lets just focus on enjoying ourselves alright?"He asked,frowning a bit still but looked away,trying to give her some space. Then as she mentioned that she wanted to go at a tavern,he nodded his head "Tavern it is then. I dont mind whatsoever."He said with a small smile,then continued walking along with her as they eventually reached a tavern. He stood next to the door "After you Ghost"He tried to be polite to her,trying to not make her feel flustered. The tavern was empty of players but full of NPCs "Well..Atleast it will be quiet. We wont get stares huh.."He chuckled a tad and looked at her again.

@Ghost

She listened in silence as Kimihito explained it. "I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. I-It was rude of me. P-Please don't judge me..." She took a deep breath, and proceeded to follow Kimihito to the tavern. 

Upon arrival, Kimihito opened the door for her. She gave a smile and a thank you as she walked through. She noticed the tavern was in excellent condition. It almost looked like it was renewed, the walls looked freshly painted, the tables looked new, compared to the outside of the building, this was an extreme improvement. As far as she could tell, Kimihito and her were the only ones in the tavern, well players that is. Kimihito commented the place as well, but there was something he said that confused her. "Yeah, oh, hey... um... what do you mean by we won't get stares?" She looked over at him. With a perplexed expression on her face. She instinctively sat down on one of the stools at the bar, then gestured Kimihito to follow.

@Kimihito

Edited by Ghost

Kimihito sighed as she apologized "Dont be sorry Ghost. You're human so things like that are bound to happen. It was not rude and it was understandable. As i said the moment we met,im not one to judge people. So dont worry about it."He said in a gentle yet serious tone. He took a look around,confirming for himself that there were no players,but only npcs inside the tavern. He chuckled a tad as she asked him what he meant about the stares "Well..I dont know about you but sometimes when i go in an inn i get stares from people. Im not sure why.."He shrugged his shoulders "What will you get?"He took a seat next to her,looking over to the bartender "A mug of ale bartender"Kimihito said and the bartender nodded,handing him his mug of ale soon afterwards "Nice little tavern huh.."He said and then took a sip of his Ale. He set his mug down and scratched his chin then looked over to Ghost.

@Ghost

Ghost imagined one off those clips where a cowboy enters a tavern and everyone stops what they are doing and looks at him. Ghost starts giggling when she picture Kimihito in place of set cowboy. "Hehe... Yeah, the tavern is nice." She said smiling. "Oh, can I get a... drink?" She asked the bartender. "What kind?" She stopped in her tracks, she didn't even know any alcoholic beverages. "Um... Suprise me?" The bartender shrugged and began mixing and making some drinks in a container. She began finding it difficult to keep her eyes open. She punched herself in the hand hoping that slight burst of pain would jolt her awake. But she then remembered she couldn't feel pain, not in this world anyway. "I think I'm getting sleepy..." Ghost said, her eyes drooping. Resting her head against her hand, using her arm to prop her head up. 

@Kimihito

Edited by Ghost

Kimihito smiled a bit as he saw Ghost giggling although he didnt really understand why she did so. "Of course. It's a nice tavern"He nodded his head,continuing to smile at her. He was glad she was getting a bit happier. He observed the conversation between Ghost and the Bartender while also taking a sip of his ale.He noticed she was getting somewhat sleepy and her saying so confirmed it "Well..Um..You can uh..Rest your head on my shoulder if that helps i guess.I dont think i can help you stay awake. Your avatar is probably exhausted or something"He shrugged a bit "You dont have to force yourself anyway Ghost."Then Kimihito took another sip of his ale "It's up to you. Seeing you smile by the way is so nice. Makes me smile"He said with a blush,realizing what he said but also smiled. He finished drinking his ale and handed the mug to the bartender,who just laughed a bit,seeing that Kimihito was done with it already.

@Ghost

Ghost was jolted awake by a loud noise Her eyes focused on a glass  cup in front of her filled with a purple fluid. She sat up and looked at the NPC. She put her finger on the rim of the cup and traced it. Before finally picking it up and taking a sip. "Mmm..." She took another sip. "It's so sweet..." Unfortunately, her being fully awake didn't last long. Kimihito offered the option to rest her head on his shoulders. She was a little hesitant. "I-I'm not sure... Wouldn't it seem as little, you know, weird?" She said sleeply, taking a sip of the drink. When he said Seeing you smile by the way is so nice. Makes me smile. Ghost almost spit out what she was drinking. "T-Thanks..." She said, a smile forming on her face, but it looks like she is trying to suppress it. "... I don't deserve it though." She muttered. She stretched, yawned, and rested her head on the countertop, using her arms as pillows. She couldn't fall asleep though, it was far to uncomfortable of a position. "So, Kimihito, wanna play a question game to pass the tim-?" She was interrupted by a loud "Hic" sound. "S-Sorry, it must be the drin- Hic. Hehehe..." She laughed nervously. "Can I- Hic -get some water?"

@Kimihito

Edited by Ghost

Kimihito silently observed as Ghost drank a bit of her drink. He blushed a tad when she said that it might look weird if she rested her head on his shoulder "Well..It's uh..Up to you.Just wanted to be nice i guess"He shrugged his shoulders and ordered another mug of ale,taking a sip from it a bit later. He frowned as he figured that she was trying to suppress her smile,and barely heard what she muttered to herself "You shouldnt try to supress your smile Ghost. If you can smile,you can truly shine"He said,smiling a bit himself. He then looked as Ghost rested her head on the countertop and used her arms as pillows. He raised an eyebrow as he heard the Hic sound "Bartender,i need some water"He said to the NPC and the bartender handed him a mug of water "There you go ghost"He handed her the water and thought of her previous question "Well,sure i guess..Ask away then"He drank a bit more of his ale,then looked over to Ghost one more time.

@Ghost

Ghost thought for a minute, smiling is a sign of weakness. But when she did it, she felt safe. Ussualy she was mocked for it, maybe, he is different? "I see. Ok. Just, don't make it weird..." Ghost said calmly. Slowly letting a smile form on her face. 

"Th- Hic -Thank you..." She said,  grabbing the glass and drinking it slowly. When she finished, she set the glass down. "As I was saying, the game is essentially just shooting questions back and forth. I'll go first..." Ghost say for a moment. Saying nothing. "Give me a second. I need to think." She paused before finally looking over to him. "What keeps you up at night?" She asked. "Something worrying?"

@Kimihito

Edited by Ghost