F1 SP The First Few Lessons...are free!

Spoiler

‘Another day, another piece of rabbit meat to fill my stomach...I really need to find my way back to the town.  Can’t believe I have been stuck here for two whole years.’  Hunter said angrily as he tore off a chunk of the rabbit meat to eat.  It was of poor quality but the taste has all but become numb to him since he arrived.  In all honesty he was brought here on a quest with a friend, and was betrayed and left for dead.  Without proper aid he had to rely on his own knowledge to get him through.  The changing seasons over the past two years and learning how the animals worked and spawned was the worst to learn.  He looked up past the dense foliage that was the tree tops of the forest he was lost in to see that the sky was a beautiful shade of blue.  On a whim he brought up his mini map again to see if he could glean a direction in where he could go.  

To his suprise it seemed that his latest venture into an unknown section of the forest turned out to be attached to the vast plains on the first floor. ‘HELL YEAH!’ He said with excitement as he picked up his two handed axe and began his trek with a renewed vigor.

As he stepped out of the forest zone and into the open plains he felt a wave of relief wash over him.  He checked his stats to see if he had anything worthy to move on the floor dungeons when he was caught by suprise.  ‘This...this is madness.  I was stuck there for two years and not one level up.  This game really is hardcore.’  The grin from his arrival to the plains did not vanish as he looked at his menus.  It just meant he had to work harder.  He began to make his way into the plains to hopefully try to find someone to maybe give him directions when he came upon a couple of newbie players like himself hunting and gathering.    It did not take long after approaching and telling them his tale for them to offer him a quick party invite so he could use a map to get back to the floor of beginnings.  Once he had arrived he almost jumped with joy before getting his gear maintainced, going to the quest board in the meantime to find something to earn him some Col.  he was happy to find a set of entry level quests to help beginners find their rhythm and so with a quick accept he was prompted to find the quest giver for more information.  

A quick jaunt over to the market area found him sinking among a sea of NPC and player characters all doing various things.  After a couple of minutes searching though he found Zackariah’s shop and walked in.  The shopkeeper old Zackaraiah himself responded with a warm “hello lad,” without losing stride with the customer in front of him currently finishing his own quest. Once Hunter’s turn came up he walked to the counter with a grin as the NPC spoke as if reading from a script.
“So you’ve come to take on the quest I posted?  Good I was looking forward to meeting you lad.  So as you saw from the quest posting I need you to gather materials for some healing potions I sell here at the shop.  Pretty easy right?  If you need any help please make sure to read the manual at the door for some helpful tips on exploring and gathering materials.  Be safe and I hope to see you soon.”  The shopkeep said with a warm grin as the pop up window displayed his instructions for the quest.  

With a quick look through the tutorial on gathering Hunter quickly moved to get his gear before heading out into the wild once again.  ‘Let’s make sure that the return point is set up this time.’  He said as he made sure to make markers on his in-game map before setting off to the plains area.

Edited by Hunter Yagami
Spoiler
ID# 106234 results:
Battle: 10
Craft: 9
Loot: 15
MOB: 2

So in no time at all Hunter ran to the first thing he could find; a fallen tree with mushrooms beginning to grow around it.  After a few minutes of picking through the fungi, he was finally able to find a suitable cap.  It filled his heart with glee to be able to find the cap so quickly that he actually jumped up into the air like some cartoon character.  He put it into his inventory as he laughed happily.  "Man if I knew it was going to be this easy I would have done thing long before going into the forest two years ago.  Hell, I will probably be done with this in less than ten minutes if I keep this pace up.  He said with a grin as he began to look around,  looking in the tall grass for more materials, but only managing to find low-level creatures that he had no intention of fighting.

Edited by Hunter Yagami
Spoiler
ID# 106238 results:
Battle: 7
Craft: 10
Loot: 6
MOB: 3

As Hunter continued to look around the fallen tree he came up with nothing fairly quick. It brought him dissatisfaction to the point that he had to sit down on a recently overturned rock and think about it all clearly. It seemed as if this area had been depleted of the resource at least for now.  So with a quick motion of his arm as if to say “oh well”. He began to walk away looking for a new spot to loot.   He was unable to find anything in the current area however so he decided to more out to yet another area to find out if the materials had begun to spawn again.  "Perhaps the forest edge will provide enough materials for me to pillage, I just don't want to get to far into them again.  That place still gives me the creeps."  He said as put his hands behind his head and walked comfortably towards the edge of the forest area.

Edited by Hunter Yagami
Spoiler
ID# 106240 results:
Battle: 2
Craft: 1
Loot: 2

‘Damn!’  Hunter said as he looked through a few patches of tall grass and ingrown bushes to see if there was perhaps anything of value to loot.  “Come to papa!!!”  He exclaimed but instead was met with the inability to find anything.  No dice again, someone may have beaten him to the punch and now things were on cooldown before their respawn.  Even the trees were bare of any sort of pine cones or fruits that may be of use for loot or even to fill his stomach.  A quick look around saw that there were others in the area also doing some hunting.

’Well then, this is just my kind of luck, that’s how it’s going to be... i am Gonna be here for a bit’ he said with a sigh as he looked around for other mat spawn points.  He crossed a stream and went over a few hills looking for materials.

Edited by Hunter Yagami
Spoiler
ID# 106243 results:
Battle: 8
Loot: 20
MOB: 1

Hunter got to the point to where he literally began to turn over rocks.  It was not out of desperation, but instead he was doing it for some more hard to find materials that were needed for specific potions.  As he lifted the last rock in a pile he relished in silent victory as he found some glowing moss. 

‘Almost there!” He said happily before putting the rock back down into the small river bed he took it from.  As he began to step away he was quickly found unable to move quickly since the search had caused silt to rise in the water blocking his view to the bottom.  Unable to see he began to tactically move across the stones using his feet to feel around.  As he reached the bank he took one final step before realizing that the moss was there too as he fell onto his butt with a hard slam.  It did not feel great as he sat there with water rushing over him.

Edited by Hunter Yagami
Spoiler
ID# 106244 results:
Battle: 9
Craft: 7
Loot: 18
MOB: 6

Hunter was actually going above and beyond, quite literally at this point as he climbed trees for some of his loot.   He heard thunder on the horizon and was beginning to worry that rain was going to impede his search.  Making haste he climbed the tallest pine tree he could find.  A falcon recently left the tree before he began his ascent about ten minutes to be exact.  So he had to be quick as the falcon most likely went out for a meal before bringing it back to her nest.  As he reached the top he found it.  A quick grab gave him what he needed, his prize at the end of the dungeon, his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  That falcon’s nest rewarded him with a giant pure white egg as he made sure to grab it quickly before the mom came back and begins hunting for what took her egg.

Edited by Hunter Yagami

He gave a quick wipe of his brow to clean off the sweat as he began to dig hearing that there may be some truffles as loot in the area.  He did have a simple shovel that he began to use to clear out dirt trying to find his prize. At first it seemed like he was just having bad luck as he found small areas where tunnels winded through, so he dug some more in curiosity even though everyone knows what happens when you get curious.  So it came as no surprise as Hunter dug up some truffles he found himself face to face with a rabid mole, snarling and ready for a fight.  He was caught off guard when the beast bit at his shovel and threw it away like a toy.  He vowed it was gonna be the last time he did that.

’shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!’ He said as he ran away.

Spoiler
ID# 106245 results:
Battle: 8
Craft: 8
Loot: 9
MOB: 2

Edited by Hunter Yagami
Spoiler
ID# 106246 results:
Battle: 6
Craft: 8
Loot: 11

‘I...am...so sick...of this mission...already.’  Hunter said in exasperation as he leaned against a tree, breathing heavy and every so often checking to make sure that the mole had lost interest in attacking him.  He was failing more than he was succeeding and it made him feel worthless, much like a dog that could not track an animal that was literally ten feet from him.  Though the analogy was garbage he thought to himself as he remembered that feeling...It was just like being caught in the forest once again.  

However, just as he was about to call it quits he caught a glimpse of something shiny.  He turned his head to see a small crystal that was starting to grow on the inside of the tree which featured a rather large bored out hole.  He was quick to just move his arm into the foreign hollow and grab the crystal and bag it before anyone else arrived.

Edited by Hunter Yagami
Spoiler
ID# 106247 results:
Battle: 5
Loot: 8
MOB: 6

About an hour later Hunter was faced with failure again.  This time however it came in the form of the mother falcon in which he stole the egg from some time before.  He suffered through the attack for a few moments, not attacking back because even though he knew it was a game...this bird mom was not expecting to have her egg poached today so what she did was not out of the ordinary.  He noticed that the sky was beginning to have a shift in this are, perhaps rain was on the horizon again.  Anyway, Hunter was quick to use some shelter and the water to confuse the falcon as to where she would not be able to find him.

”any more of this and I am going to go insane. just like that damn bird whose egg I stole, heh, bet she is still looking for me....” he sighed heavily before continuing his journey 

Edited by Hunter Yagami
Spoiler
ID# 106248 results:
Battle: 4
Craft: 2
Loot: 14
MOB: 7

‘Jesus H Tapdancing Christ in a underwater basket woven and lined with the finest wool that was tough.’  Hunter exclaimed as he plucked the last “life berry” from a bush some 25 ft from the entrance to the town of beginnings.  It was fitting for the last piece of his gathering quest was so close.  He put the berry in his inventory slot before heading back toward Zackaraiah’s shop.

He stopped on the way there as the sun was beating down on him pretty heavily. “I cannot believe that it took me this long just to find 5 materials of note just so I can help this old man.”  A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he leaned back till his whole body laid across the rock causing joints to stretch and begins loose once more than what they were before.  He almost fell asleep, but instead stood up and with a quick slap to his own face to wake up he was off towards the town again

Edited by Hunter Yagami

"Once back at Zackariah's shop he presented him with the materials that he asked for.  As he laid them out on the counter for him to inspect he browsed the shop in eager anticipation.  The potions that the man sold were of various qualities, and it became apparent that some of these potions were not all crafted by the shopkeeper.  Zachariah called out to Hunter after a couple of minutes looking at his haul signaling him to come over.  As Hunter walked up old Zach clasped his hands together and with a warm smile, he began to praise Hunter on the quality of materials he brought in came from various good to extremely rare sources.

"I do say that you came back quite quickly, I am proud to have sent you on this quest.  So how about you help me finish up a quick potion?"  He said as the quest window popped up with a new task added as the old one was marked complete.  Zach invited him back behind the counter as he gestured to an old cauldron in the back.  "We are going to make a simple healing potion using these materials."  He said as he gave Hunter the basic instructions on how to make the potion.

Spoiler

ID# 106445 results:

Battle: 9

Craft: 10

Loot: 12

MOB: 9

Everything seemed so simple, it was a simple healing potion and if he did everything by the book...his success should yield a similar scent to that of the real world, his home.  So Hunter took the instructions and began preparing the materials, which since it was in the game world was prompted by menus so the animations did not take forever.  His body seemed to be moving on autopilot as he inputs the ingredient list exactly as he was told.  Hunter remembered his time in the forest as he often cooked bad or good quality rabbit and other game meats when he could.  As he stirred and used his measurements the room began to fill with a soft aroma that reminded him of home and not being stuck in the game.  It brought a small tear to his eye as he finished bottling up the potion.  Everything seemed to have gone good, no explosions...no unexpected results.

Edited by Hunter Yagami

As he handed over the potion old Zach began to inspect it as a fine arts collector would a piece to be put in a gallery.  After a few moments though, the quest taskbar finally checked off the second part of his required tasks as Zackariah praised him on not only his efforts but on the quality of the actual potion.  "This is absolutely marvelous if you did this just on your first time I am definitely going to say beginners luck, but if you stick with it...these potions will fly off the shelves.  Thank you for this, now I can finally finish off some orders of my own.  Speaking of which Hunter I would like to ask one final task of you."  He said as another task was added to the quest.

His mood slightly dropped then, he did not mind doing the quests and he needed the experience, but holy crap he was ready for a rest.

Edited by Hunter Yagami

"Damn...I wish I had asked a few of the other players how this quest was actually set up.  Three tasks, all gathering, and crafting, now delivery...just my luck."  Hunter said as he looked in his inventory.  A couple of potions were packaged for the blacksmith NPC that was on the other side of town.  A workout for sure, but also just plan tedious, he remembered Zack talking about how he needed to get someone to run an errand for him and it would be worth the reward.  Of course, Hunter took the errand, it was the temptation of loot that spurred him to complete the quest...besides the actual account reward that came with the quest anyway.

'Shi...did I really just pass the wrong exit out into the square, damn now I have to walk extra just to get back on track."  He would say with a low grunt in frustration.

Edited by Hunter Yagami

After his little detour, he managed to make it across town as he began walking into the merchant's area that was set up around a small crafting area meant for those in the game; both players and NPC to create items and equipment for all players to utilize.  It was absolutely packed just like when Hunter first went to the potion shop at the beginning of the quest.  He was over here once before, and he could have sworn that he knew the blacksmith that repaired his equipment before the quest.

"Lee...or was it Lyla...damn my horrible memory..."  He started in on talking to himself marching around looking inquisitive, as he looked at the taskbar in the corner of his vision.   "LYLE!  That's right.  hmmm, maybe it was one of his apprentices that worked on my gear then.  I don't remember a Lyle."  He said as he looked around for any sign.

Edited by Hunter Yagami

Just ten minutes later as the sky was beginning to turn a dull orange he found the shop.  Lyle's shop was decent even for an NPC.  He was set up with a good stock of raw materials and even some High-Quality crafting area's that made the open working environment at the beginning of the quarter look like child's play.  It did not take long for Lyle, the blacksmith...whose level in the profession was marked with a ?? to find him and clasp his hands together as he even looked to be bigger than Hunter...which was impressive in its own right.

"The name's Lyle I am the blacksmith and owner of the forge here.  Anything I might be able to help you out with?"  He asked in a much quieter tone than what Hunter was expecting as he smiled and stuck his hand out to the giant to shake.
"The name's Hunter and I am here to deliver a special package from Ol' Zach from across town."  He said with a grin as he held his hand flat as the package popped out of his inventory and into his hand.

Lyle accepted the package with a grin as he then clasped Hunter's hand as he finished putting the package away in his inventory.  He kind of pulled Hunter along as the other shops began to close down.  "Ol' Zach said he had someone going out and gathering like he always does.  I am happy that you brought these here today, my son who is my usual apprentice fell into the coals the other day and I have been needing to get a potion or two to heal him now.  He does not know about it, so I am going to let him have his pride and instead mix it into his drink at dinner tonight.  He is definitely a hard-headed kid...I think he gets it from his mother."  He finished as Lyle offered him a seat.  "It is getting late..." Hunter said as he was about to finish off the quest when Lyle stood up.  "Maybe you would like to stay for dinner, my treat.  My wife makes a mean stew."  He said as Hunter's stomach growled. 

Needless to say, he accepted the invitation.

The dinner was quiet and the stew was as Lyle had said, absolutely amazing.  It was hearty and savory with a hint of sweetness that he appreciated.  He did not look at the NPC's burnt son, but instead watched his drink slowly disappear, the burning aching pains that the apprentice experienced were probably becoming dull and soon they will be gone.  Without him getting there it probably would have been a few more days until the potions came to Lyle...his son would have been in a bad way then though.  With a healthy yet loud burp, he turned red from embarrassment before the whole table erupted into laughter over his insignificant belch.  Lyle let out a belch that could rival an actual giant.  He had to admit that it was impressive, but the burnt apprentice slowly began to pull away from the table before excusing himself.  The table grew quiet after.

Hunter stayed at the blacksmith's forge for some time afterward.  He mostly just swapped stories with Lyle about his time in the forest, eventually getting to the extra abilities attached to his gear, informing Hunter that they were, in fact, uncommon items and that they were a little better than what most smithies would have in their shop...even his Lyle would tell Hunter with a humble tone.  At about midnight he noticed that the apprentice had come down to the forge and was building a fire again as Lyle leaned in to tell Hunter something.

"He does this regardless if he thinks I am asleep or not.  He works even if I tell him to not, this is how some orders are filled, but nobody will know.  He is very experienced and one day I see him taking the shop over for me."  Lyle would say before standing up and motioning for Hunter to follow him as he headed outside.

As soon as they both made it outside they looked at the apprentice, the burns on his body were gone...his skin was pristine and his health bar was full again with the <rested> tag above his title.  His profession level was also way above what Hunter could tell just by glance as Lyle spoke first.  "Seems that the wife's stew made for some good health and the light of the moon cured your wounds.  Now I don't have ta be pissed at you for taking off during the night to forge while I sleep.  You got this man ta thank for that."  Lyle said as he pointed to Hunter.  The apprentice looked shocked, then angry before bringing his hammer down on the anvil as sparks shot across the stone floor.  He walked up to Hunter and stuck out his hand while looking him in the eye.  Hunter eagerly took the boy's hand and shook it firm as Lyle spoke to Hunter.  "Well it looks like your quest is over, my boy understands why I did what I did...at least I hope he does.  I think it is time you have your reward."  Lyle said as the final task was checked off and the quest read completed.

Hunter accepted the rewards and as he turned to leave Lyle did speak one more time.  "oh and if you have the time...I have something else that you might be able to help me with."  He said as Hunter's cheery grin faded as a quest window popped up.

END

Claiming Quest rewards; 2 SP,  5 T1 Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40 HP), 1 T1 Damage Potion (+1 Damage), 1 T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp HP)

400 Col, 1 SP for 1 completed RP Page

Edited by Hunter Yagami