[PP-F01] The first day <Day one Thread>

The girl frowned as Stryder started to deliver upon her the…basics of online gaming? She wouldn’t’ lie, this was her first game. Often times video games didn’t catch her attention enough, why play a game when you can explore anything inside your mind? So when a full dive system came in, her parents brought it for the girl in a heartbeat.

“Seems silly, even more so now…” she said in Japanese, but didn’t offer an explanation as to why she thought that “We’re all prisoners here now”.

She looked around her, people’s reactions seemed…well, poor. Most were freaking out, but she did spot some of them leaving the meeting area already. She shook her head. She couldn’t be like that. She would need to take this game, this new world, step by step.  She looked at the boy, and for mere seconds, her mind sharpened, and she saw a simple truth.

“This is a world you’ll thrive in. I can see it…This is a world that you would live in happily” She said softly looking calmly at him “In a way, this is a prison for many. But a home for you” Her voice had a sad tone to it, however, it was said in Chinese. A language she knew he didn’t know.

She let out a short laugh “So I need to keep my real name…” She shook her head “I can’t do that…even more than before”

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She thought it was silly? He did understand it, his first time he didn't think it was to important to hide it, but he had quickly learnt he needed to. Before he really decided what he wanted to say, he simply looked around, seeing others leaving. He really wished he could get out there straight away... But he knew he would need some time. A small amount of time, maybe a month or two. Then, suddenly she looked bright, her entire being went into some mythical moment. He just blinked. Chinese, she spoke chinese. He knew a few words here and there, but out of the ones she had said he only knew you and home, not enough to disichper it. 

"Alisea, if you need to keep your name, thats your call. But you shouldn't go asking others, especially after this. I have a good feeling that some people are going to be completely forgetting there real lives to survive here... At least early on. I know i might need to... Though i really hope it doesn't come to that" He said to her, sighing. "Try and tell people your in game name, you don't know any of these people, please be careful" He said to her, taking a deep breath. He knew he needed to calm down, and get himself in the right mindset... 

It seemed, he was afraid. But not for himself, for her? She frowned at that, why was he so concerned about others? Was he of the belief she needed his guard? She let out an amused laugh, but didn’t want to say anything about it. He was nice…or trying to be at least.

“I’ll try…” Speaking Japanese, she looked around the town, and spotted the wide reaction of players. She shook her head, such a wide variety of reactions. And she could feel relief in her chest, but why? She wanted to understand, and yet, that understanding would take a sharp mind.

“I’m not the one who has to be careful” She says, this time however, in English “You’re strong, I can just tell. But….maybe you’ll need it” She said softly, before frowning. She took a step backwards, leaning against the wall “This world is our new home…I’ll need my mind sharp to…remember…?” She frowned before sighing “There is so much i…I need to be sharp…I need time to sharpen my mind”

She was saying she needed to sharpen her mind, he understood that, they all did. What stuck with him was her saying he was strong, and that she didn't need to be careful. He guessed she meant that he was the one who would need to be careful. She wasn't wrong though, this was now there new home. Assuming anything he said was true, that bastard who created this game. Kiaba, but now... He wasn't game to try it. He wanted to live, but he knew to do that he would need to go out, and gather his own will power. He took a deep breath, putting on the smile he had lost when the announcement was made, a warm smile, as he spoke calmly to her in Japanese.

"Well 'Jinx', it seems like we both have things we need to do, and were not going to get them done standing here-" He said to her, opening his menu and adding her to his friends list, a notification popping up for her. "If you ever need help let me know. Please, before you try adventuring, get used to handling your sensory overload in this world, best of luck to you!" He says as he walks off, after a little it turning into a jog. He wasn't ready to leave this town yet, but he was ready to go get some infomation, if he researched how things worked, he could catch up to those who rushed ahead with superior knowledge! It wasn't his style... But at least, until he had the nerve to leave town, it was his best bet.

The girl let out a short laugh hearing him talk. Even with her dampened senses, she could put enough together. Even with a dulled blade, she could cut deep. But she would need time to sharpen herself, and she was dull. She’d had too many overloads today, and needed to ‘reset’.

“I’ll be aware enough to handle myself” She said in Japanese softly “Combat isn’t gunna be my area. Not until I understand this game. It’s as you say, if I was to enter the battlefield like this…” She let out a soft smile “I’d die”

She may be absent-minded, but she was far from dumb. A dulled blade, but sharp enough to know where to strike. She needed to know everything, and process that information. Only then would she be able to play this game.

Watching him walk away, the girl laughed to herself softly. But kept to Japanese “I thought the heaviest burden was those blessed with knowledge. But those who carry the weight of the world, maybe their burden is the worst”

Thread Rewards

Both: 

2 SP

400 Col