[F17-PP] The Calm Before the Storm (Domarus & Hestia)

Domarus wasn't in his shop right now.  He wasn't on the front lines.  He wasn't clearing quests.  He wasn't having a secret meeting, and he wasn't grinding mobs.  No.  Today he was in fact on floor two sitting in front of the lake.  More specifically he was sitting on a small cliff in front of the lake.  No thick silver armor to put on a show.  No thick black armor to intimidate his foes.  No black two handed great ax ready to chop someone to pieces.  He just sat there staring at the calm lake.  The water glistening in the light of the fading sun, as dusk had begun with the sun's descent.  All things came to an end he understood.  Of course, these last few days had given him much to think about.  The front lines were hopeless.  Players were betraying mankind, their hopes to escape, and the many lives who were too weak or scared to fight in this world themselves.  All for what?  To protect scraps of code?  Players had attacked each other in anger, whether it be in anger towards what Hirru did, or for attacking Hirru.  Or for attacking players who attacked Hirru.  They had divided.  Unity and alliances shattered because of one single move.  This was the breaking point of course, as there was much leading to their demise.  This did however present one question in Domarus' mind:  Was this even worth it?  Was humanity worth saving?  Was he really able to change anything if he took power?  It was the most logical conclusion he could come up with, he'd planned out every possible scenario.  And yet, today with everything that had happened his heart just wasn't with it.  His heart wasn't with Hestia's methods either however.  Humanity was hopeless.

And to top it all off, his reputation was falling to pieces as well.  At least, not yet.  So far his underground organization was being dismantled.  Players being revealed for who they were and where they were hiding.  His spies slowly being captured and arrested, brought away for questioning.  Assassins taken out and executed for their crimes.  What power he had originally possessed was now gone.  Hestia could make do on her threat and kill him.  If she was smart, she'd know he never truly meant to kill her sister.  It was a bluff more than anything since Hestia loved her sister.  He had used her love to blind her to the fact that he also cared for Raven.  With no one to aid him, he was in fact alone.  Not because people wouldn't back him up.  But because they had been taken away from him.  He sat there pondering all of this when he heard footsteps from behind.  He didn't turn to look at the person as they soon reached him and sat beside him.  It was one of his top spies who had avoided capture.  Vrabac. 
     "Little update, the last of our strength is gone.  There's no one powerful enough to keep Adrian under lock and key.  Should we warn the general public about him?"  Domarus nodded silently and Vrabac sighed.  "Domarus, no matter what I'll follow you.  I don't care what your goals are or what you wish to do.  Hell I don't even care what you tell me to do.  You got me out of that pit and I owe you my life for that.  I just want you to give me something to do."  Domarus turned to Vrabac and nodded, pulling something out of his inventory and handing it to him.

"You want to help?  Deliver this to Macradon."  Vrabac smiled and nodded, taking off with the letter in his own inventory.

@Hestia

I sigh softly as i relax upon the seventeenth floor the place where i will make my stand against the one person i have managed to hold the grudge against the longest, and even with that fact it isn't a grudge against the man himself at this point but rather his methods and means for what he has done. A small smile on my face having hoped that Itzal has managed to do what he said he would do and help myself out with taking down my opponent as i glance towards the simple thing that has had me in hesitance as i glance at what i am looking at. A simple message for the man i am going to face off against most likely figuring now is the best time to do so while the frontlines are in chaos already since their won't be any harm in doing so at this point. To make my declaration to clear out a threat to the world all the while if he refuses to back down even now of all times, but even than it is rather baffling to think that cause of Hirru so much is going down the drain. 'To think all it took for things to go to hell was Hirru to do one action and cause that whole cascade of betrayal and because of that Shield did say he would have anybody that attacked Hirru be his enemy, and Macradon had to give orders mid combat to try and make people back off. Though Aereth is no better than any of us trying to protect Hidden instead of attacking when we had the chance to do so. They have a healer to remove the paralysis if anything and had a tank to protect her from death. He called us foolish he isn't that much better off in trying to be full logical.' I think to myself slightly bitter about that even now as i click on the small message prompt to send it towards the person i wish to meet as i relax within the city of Athenea. 'This floor is where we will fight, and this floor is where we will talk before that happens.' I think to myself with a determined look within my blue eyes having my familiar at my side as i relax outside of a coffee shop called the Golden Trident.

Spoiler

@Domarus

I'm on floor seventeen and would like to talk to you about some things.

-Hestia

Domarus received a message and almost didn't look at it.  In the end however he did.  He was honestly a bit surprised at who sent it.  He expected her to not talk to him at all, and instead warning him or coming directly to finish the job.  At any rate he now had a choice in front of him.  He could ignore it and stay here.  He could try and assassinate her.  He could go over and see what she had to say.  Of course options didn't matter anymore.  There was no point to anything anymore.  So he stood up, and began walking to town towards the teleport crystal.  Rhozarth was in his shop with Keres and Porvós.  As well as Raven who he made sure was safe with the last of his warriors.  It was just Domarus wearing a black T-shirt and pants.  No manipulation.  No deception.  No armor or weapons.  No tactics, strategies or threats.  Just a man waiting for the devil to take him.

Eventually he reached the town.  He didn't ask any of his remaining spies to help track her down and lead him to her.  He didn't message Hestia for directions.  He just made a guess as to which settlement she was at and began walking around until he found her.  It took a long while but eventually he spotted her and walked over.  She seemed to have her familiar with her as well.  He wondered how the two would react to him.  He stood in front of them for a moment, his hands in his pockets.

"Congratulations, you and Itzal are holding up your threats thus far.  I no longer have the ability to keep you from killing me as I know you've been wanting for some time now.  Or throw me in jail as well.  Might as well as, knowing you, you won't stop until I can't do anything you don't like.  Funny.  That's how the frontlines fell apart too.  One player decided his personal feelings were greater than all of humanity, and ended up betraying the very people he swore to protect and set free.  The irony of life."

@Hestia

i wait patiently for the man to arrive as i glance down towards the table in some thought on what i would exactly say to the man that had kidnapped my sister basically, has made sure i wouldn't be able to see her at all, made threats on going to kill her, and who knows what else he has done in the name of his justice. However, even than it is just a simple fact of life that has lead him down the path that he has, and that if i could change Embers than it is entirely possible that i could maybe do some good for the red-headed man if given the opportunity. My familiar that is by my side just resting by my fight and gazing forward with his ears perked up to try and listen for anybody approaching his master and himself. Eventually i see Domarus arrive surprisingly without his dragon by his side as i would've expected of the man as i just offer a small smile unable to help myself at hearing the news that Itzal has done what he promised he would do. I quickly turn my face back towards neutral is such a reaction is not the time and place for such a thing since i had made a promise to myself that i wouldn't be bringing such things up at this time. There is another seat in front of me you know? I didn't find a cafe to not order something to drink and something to eat you know? Sit down i'm certain their is more to what you would maybe want to talk about, and more to what i want to say besides what you must be guessing is me going to gloat or something like that. I say towards the man and gestures towards the seat across from me genuinely offering a spot at the table to try and enjoy a nice meal together. Myself wearing simple vanity clothing also but having my familiar at my side since he always is at this point.

Domarus said nothing in response.  He simply pulled the chair out and sat down.  It would be clear he wasn't himself, like something was weighing down on him.  In his mind he expected her to believe he was like this because everything he had worked so hard to build up had been torn down and taken away from him.  And he was partly upset about that, but if he was honest there wasn't much rage there anymore.  Rage needed something to be angry about, and he couldn't be angry if he didn't have a reason to do anything anymore.  Humanity was beyond redemption and was far from worth being saving.  He had done all he had specifically to take control of the world and use methods of manipulation and deception to force them to change for the better, whether they realized it or not.  In the end however, he witnessed first hand that humans would turn their backs on their own kind for something as stupid as computer code.  It was the stupidest and most disgusting thing he'd witnessed.  And it was only amplified by the fact that he had witnessed many horrifying acts.  Terrorism.  Murder.  Torture.  Wars.  Even random citizens causing riots and fires because someone they were told was someone they couldn't trust was voted.  Somehow, in someway, this one individual Hirru had committed something worse than that.  And now here Hestia was, despite trying to hide it he knew she was pleased to hear his empire had crumbled before him.  More than likely, despite her words she was gloating in her mind.  Despite her trying to lure him out and say anything he still remained silent, looking at the npc's around them.  Living average lives of your day to day life.  He had nothing to discuss with Hestia.  She would destroy him in the end, so why bother?  At this point he was just waiting for her to come at him with sword and shield.  He may not care about anything, but he certainly wasn't going to go down without a fight.  That much she should count on.

@Hestia

I look towards the red-haired man that looks like he has lost the will to fight or even live at this point form how he is acting and not even saying a single word as i frown slightly figuring their has to be more to this than just his world crumbling around him since that would be anger not just defeat. I sigh softly and looks towards the man and meets his eyes if he would meet man and says what i had planned to say within my mind, outloud. I'm sorry Domarus. I'm sorry that you had lived the life that you have done to make you get to this point within your life. I know that you have good intentions and a good heart on the inside despite my opinions of your actions that i would never agree with in the end. However, even if i am against your actions and what you have done to get to this point in your life where you have made your choice of how you would want to better the world. I know that you could've been a better person if you were allowed a better childhood and past. I don't hate you, or dislike you even as a person at this point since i know i could've been you just as easily if i lived your childhood like i am certain you would've been me if you lived my life. I hate your schemes and plans, not you. I say towards the red haired man as i lean back into my seat as a NPC waitress comes around as i smile towards the bits of data that is operating on this floor as i order a drink of water for myself and also for my familiar as i pay the woman with the appropriate amount of COL that is required to get a meal or drink of any kind. I than turn my gaze back towards the man in front of me and waits simply to hear what he would have to say back towards myself. With this said however. I am going to need you to back down from your plans within this game since i am still willing to fight you. However, if you're still going to fight for your goals like i will fight for my ideology i will have to ask that we will fight on this floor. On the Nemean plains to settle this difference of opinion. You won't be killed by me. You won't be arrested by me. All i ask is that you would be willing to set any emotions for me aside and be willing to work along with me.

Domarus' eyes traveled to Hestia before he turned his head fully.  This, was not at all what he had been anticipating.  Hestia feeling sorry for him, showing him her pity.  Not that he needed or wanted pity in any way shape or form.  But it had thrown him off a bit, and that confusion would certainly show.  She talked about how she was sorry he had to go through what he had.  Sorry that he grew up into the person he was today.  Talked about how she knew that if they were in each others positions growing up, they probably would have each other's mindsets.  That Domarus wasn't too sure about but he said nothing on the matter.  In the end, she told him that she didn't hate him or despise him.  She only hated his methods of manipulating others to his now unreachable goal.  He just stared at her curiously as the waitress brought Hestia some food.  When the woman left she continued, stating how she'd need him to back off from his plans or else she would in fact fight him.  Telling him that if he was going to fight they would do so on this floor.  Alternatively, if he chose to give up his methods and work with her using her methods, she wouldn't kill or arrest him.  Domarus shook his head slowly.

"Embers...  I appreciate your attempt, but pity is the last thing I need.  And quite possibly the worst way to win me over.  I still see your methods as hopeless and useless, as you'll never succeed.  At the same time of course, I've nearly given up on humanity to begin with.  In addition, I've failed in the game.  I doubt we'll ever escape this death trap with the way things are going, but if we ever do escape I intend to use that influence to continue my campaign in the real world.  In the end it's the only thing in the real world that I don't have, that I actually care about.  I have Keres of course, but she followed me for personal reasons and I doubt she'll leave any time soon.  If you want me to stop you're going to have to force me, and I'm not going down without a fight.  I don't know how Itzal managed to destroy everything I worked so hard to build, but don't think for a second that this makes me any weaker."  There was no threat in his voice.  No aggression.  In fact, there was hardly anything at all.  It was almost as if he was half dead already.  Half of him speaking on behalf of his one and only goal in life which had been taken away from him in this digital world, and the other half speaking on something not yet revealed to Hestia.

"I'll fight you anywhere at anytime.  I'll fight an army by myself if I have to.  But you need to kill me to stop me."

@Hestia

You can call what i said anything you want Domarus i just shared with you my thoughts on the matter when given time to review the content at hand of what i've done, of what you had to live with, and the context of everything. Just make sure my little sister stays safe i don't need her dying when we go to fight from that crazy kid you have locked up stabbing her in the back quite literally. I say to you as i gaze into your eyes just wishing to the state the facts as i am able to perceive them about everything. Not willing to give up on this individual who has only just lived the bad life that he had been dealt and just shaped accordingly to the cards he was dealt. Which is rather depressing to see the man in front of myself reduced to just a shell of what he once was to see all that confidence even if it was infuriating to deal with reduced to nothing and left with what almost feels like half-hearted attempts at being what he still stands for.  Also, i won't kill you that is just a fact that you're going to need to deal with. I am not going to kill you, but i am not going to be just a person you can attack without being punished for doing so since i will treat it like a fight to the death on my side. However, i am going to make sure to keep you alive all the while since nobody should have to die when we go to fight.  Though i am certain you won't agree with me though i do believe we will escape this game eventually. it might take longer than what we all are comfortable with, but we'll escape while we're young and still able to enjoy life. I say towards the man in front of me speaking in a tone that sounds utterly convinced everything that i am speaking i believe whole heartedly without any doubt in any corner of my mind.

"Of course I'll protect your sister Ember.  I may have threatened her but the truth is that was no more than a bluff.  I had intended to use your own emotions to keep myself protected.  I care for her and her safety, I'm not a monster."  He was quick to respond, making sure to clear that out of the way.  However there was a hint of aggression in his voice.  "As for Adrian, I'd be careful.  With you two removing just about all my forces, there aren't guards posted outside his area and I'm concerned he'll break out soon.  I have the last of my forces watching my shop in the meantime.  It's the only safe place for Keres and Raven after what you two had done.  After all, I can name many individuals who would love to take revenge on me for destroying their player killing allies."  When Hestia told him how she was confident they would escape in the end he sighed.

"Let's break this down then.  Point one:  How long do you think it will take before our bodies can't function anymore in the real world?  Technology is not infinite after all, and funds can only do so much.  Eventually our bodies will decay and die Ember, we have a time limit.  Point two:  With the time limit in mind, take a moment and think about how long it took just to reach floor twenty.  Nearly four years, Ember.  How much longer do you think we have?  Point three:  The frontlines are bullsh*t and you know it.  People put their own personal feelings and desires above the needs of humanity.  Even you put your own personal curiosity above clearing out the floor boss so we could advance to the next floor.  Every moment that passes is another moment someone can die, and people fight among themselves, act out of selfishness, or don't give it their all till the end so they can get the final drop item.  Everyone has done something that pissed someone else off.  If Ariel were on the front lines I assure you it would have been a lot worse.  Everytime someone enters the frontlines, even if they're noble at first, they always reveal their true selfishness and greed, distrust and hatred towards other individuals, or just how apathetic they are.  Give me one solid reason, one piece of evidence and logic that states we are making it out of here alive."

I frown slightly at hearing the little psycho would be able to get out of his little cage if he felt like it which only leaves the conclusion that he will eventually and come after the person that had imprisoned him in the first place, and than myself most likely for being the person that would be the most likely to imprison him again at first chance. 'i swear if that kid murders my sister.' I think to myself as anger boils underneath for the briefest of moments as i quickly force myself back to reality to listen to the rest of what the man has to say. I listen calmly while he goes over every single point one after the other until he reaches the end as i just calmly nod my head at that as i quickly follow up soon after. well point 1. i'm no medical professional and neither are you, plus technology advances at a increased rate so we can never be certain how long they will be able to delay things. Secondly, if you want an honest answer than to complete the game it would take about twenty years obviously if we continued at the pace that we are right now. However, in reality i am certain that won't be the case due to the fact that their are more people participating meaning that the fights are happening faster to take out the enemy.  Also, the reason i know we are going to make it out of here alive is quite simple Domarus it is the fact that we got as far as we have right now. That while you are willing to call the frontlines bullshit and maybe even leave it because of that one raid you doing so only destroys the amount of progress we would be able to make. That people who leave the frontlines only cause it to crumble and fall to the wayside because of the fact that we're losing people at that point to try and make a stronger fighting force to crumble the bosses faster. The only thing that is slowing us down is the finding process of the labyrinth, but in the end it always does get found at least at a decent pace by scouts. Which than takes time for teams to go in and mark out every area to create a solid path for people to travel towards the boss room. You can call the frontlines bullshit, but it is the sole fact that we are still progressing and continuing with determined people that is allowing us to always fight on further to eventually win. No matter how long it takes a strong spirit always pushes forward. I say towards the red haired man with a confident and determined voice as i stare him down as i say all of this. Quickly taking some calming breathes to be able to relax my muscles to lean back once more comfortably in my chair and takes a few bites of my food.

The frontlines for Floor twenty three were a mess. I know that people can say i was the cause of the anarchy in the first place by being the first one to immediately break the plan. Though when it comes to Hirru. I can agree with what he was trying to do, but the way he went about it was entirely incorrect we couldn't have known that the crystal was going to work on him. We couldn't have known that such a thing would've worked on this or any future bosses and i am certain the game won't allow that again. Though just because it worked this once i can only hope people in the future don't get any ideas about trying it over and over again. I say as i than take a sip of my drink having a slight sinking feeling from feeling responsible partially for the entire catastrophe that was the raid.

"Ember, I don't operate on blind faith, I operate on facts.  And the fact is, regardless of how long they can keep us alive, we are still on a time limit.  I could easily locate someone who does have the appropriate knowledge to give us a solid answer as well however.  As for the front lines I haven't given up on them because of this one raid.  I've given up on them because I've watched them long before this raid.  Fighting against each other, quarreling, refusing to listen to one another.  Once they grow to hate another individual, that hatred sticks until the end.  The perfect example is Hikoru and Ariel.  I've done my homework as well as you have too, so I know of the incident Teayre was responsible for.  Slaughtering players on the frontlines because she felt like it.  Zandra making potions that forced players into a blood rage.  It actually reminds me of Mari who gave mind controlling potions away to a player killing guild.  The first one I destroyed for what they did to a young girl."  To this his eyes darkened, the old Domarus coming out again.  That seething, fiery rage flaring in his eyes.  "I gave up on the frontlines, and all of humanity, because no matter how many good acts these people do, they pale in comparison to the evil they commit.  They throw away all logic and reason for their selfish and greedy desires, or their grudges against another individual.  They give into bloodlust and slaughter because they are trapped.  They become afraid and thus decide to spread fear, making everyone as miserable as they are.  Meanwhile, the frontliners who haven't had to worry about death for the longest time have grown to the point where multiple members have all but forgotten the people crying out for escape.  I've made sure to come to know as many players on the first five floors as I can Ember.  I know what most of them wanted to do when they grew up in the real world.  I have met people with family in the real world, spouses, even children waiting for them.  I've met hundreds of people with little to no experience with video games, leaving them vulnerable to death.  I've met children trapped in this world Ember.  Sit there and tell me that a boss, a program.  Something that is nothing but ones and zeros which was designed from scratch to show emotion that can be duplicated as many times as one wants.  Is more important to defend than the thousands of players who were trapped here against their will, who don't have the strength to fight?  I am giving up on humanity, because I see no hope for them.  We are nothing but a greedy species seeking to satisfy our own needs over others.  People say that evolution is survival of the fittest.  If that is the case, then perhaps humanity will never be redeemable."

@Hestia

I look over towards the red-haired man while listening in silence not once interjecting to say my own statement just waiting patiently for you to finish your very long speech is what it felt like as i wait a few more seconds before i respond having wanted to make sure that i didn't interrupt what you had to say for the moment. Humans are built on faith, and facts though. You can't ignore one and not acknowledge the other that exists. Ghandi kicked all of britain out of india on his faith that what he did which was starving himself to death would get results, and it proceeded to do just that and made a country it's own. Enslavement was abolished worldwide on people having their faith in a religious sense to guide them to some extent to know that the idea was wrong...which you could base on facts also since it was immoral on many levels. Basically what i am trying to say with probably bad examples since i'm put on the spot here is that faith and facts work together to form the human being. You shouldn't ignore one since leaps of faith is something that drives people to innovate and create to the point that it is its own saying you know? I say towards the red headed DPS user as my familiar remains by my seat looking rather relaxed and just enjoying the sunny day that the game is able to provide the duo.

Also when it comes to hirru's action as i said i supported what he was trying to do, but the way he was going about it and when i was allowed to think back on it i realize that what he did was entirely stupid as i mentioned previously. I can't explain his reasoning for why he did what he did since i haven't had time to talk to him as of yet though i do plan to do so soon by conducting a meeting between all the guilds and what you could call factions within the frontlines to try and form a more...a more cohesive frontlines that has some standards. I say towards the red-haired man with a serious look within my blue colored eyes.

Domarus listened to Hestia the same way she did with him.  Patiently without interrupting whatsoever.  When she finished he nodded.

"I'm glad you at least have the common sense not to do something of the same action Hirru had done.  Hopefully Hirru was able to realize just how much of a self centered idiot he was when he decided to protect one of the one hundred walls blocking our paths to freedom...  However, on what you say about faith throughout history."  He turned to look at the npc townsfolk for a second.  "You have to understand that I can't act on faith.  All my life I've only known these things:  Facts.  Cause and Effect.  Emotion.  And Psychology.  I know how the human mind works, and how people are most likely to react.  I can even cover a few alternate reactions, and if I take time to plan things out ahead of time, far more.  I know how emotions work, and my skills are similar to them as they are with my skills with reading the human mind.  When you understand these two, and with an understanding of how the world works in the scientific realm, you can predict the effect of certain causes.  And the facts, are that no matter what people do, their negative deeds, emotions and thoughts end up always double and above the number of good.  You look in a neighborhood and see peace and happiness.  But if you looked at everything, everyone, everywhere, and saw the numbers.  Just like I did growing up, knowing how screwed up the human race is?  Hope would be nothing but a fantasy to you.  Just like luck, it can only take you so far."  The fire had left his eyes.  The passionate fury against the player killers gone as he recalled everything he'd seen.  Both in the real world..  And in the video game..

I grin slightly as i look the red haired man in the eyes as i look rather calm if not very confident with whatever i would have to say. You say you understand how humans operate yet you yourself act like you're above us. You act on faith also whether you know it or not like all humans do and use such faith to your own advantage at points. You can say faith is what allow guild's to be formed even to begin with since people have to have faith to be able to trust a leader that they wish to follow. Even if such faith is only in the idea of something that aligns with a singular aspect of a person's own personal beliefs of how the world works. You can say your faith is in the flaws of humanity putting all your beliefs into that and having faith that you can use people and allow them to work with you afterall you can say you put to much faith in me which lead us to this moment. When it comes to good deeds i know their is war, famine, slavery, death, betrayal, domestic abuse, murder of innocent creatures, and everything else that is wrong with this world. However, i know that their is also great things that help try to balance out or abolish such things from existence. War followed by efforts of nations trying to create a semi-peace through trying to calm aggressive nations and..tried and try to promote leaders that are helpful. Stomp out all forms of human trafficking. Find ways to prolong human life through technological advances that make people weap with joy when they work. Putting trust into another person to have faith in them. Parents just trying to raise their kids correctly since not all of them are monsters. Police, and crime prevention forces being funded with latest tech to stop crime in the safest fastest way possible. The world is awful but it is also good it just depends if you're willing to see such things and be willing to trust that in the end that the world will find peace eventually through kind actions and the belief that we can work together to fix things. I say towards the red haired man with confidence and determination burning within my blue colored eyes. Knowing that anybody could have seen what Domarus has seen and come out a good person in the end also since soldiers who experience such things first hand are able to come out better people also and do great good within the world. That those who are betrayed and hurt are able to recover and create amazing organizations to help others. That for every action that causes pain another person can create joy and happiness for everyone.

Domarus listened to her, but this time when she ended a ghost of a smile cracked through Domarus' face, and he let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head.  He leaned back and looked up at the sky.

"Look at us Ember.  So similar and yet such opposites...  Firstly, I say humanity to include myself.  No one is without fault, we are all to blame.  I don't understand how you can do such a thing with utter ease, though perhaps it's because I'm blinded by all the horror that I have seen in my childhood.  Perhaps it's because my mother died when I was born and my father was never much of a father.  Perhaps it's because while you at least had a father who was kind and gentle, I grew up alone in this world and had to protect myself as such, discovering that hope only led to pain, betrayal and disappointment.  Perhaps it's because in my eyes hope only belonged to the weak who couldn't protect themselves and had become desperate to be saved."  He looked back at her, a solemn and half emotionless look on his face.

"Regardless of what had happened in my past however.  Only a handful of things still stand.  One of them being that even if I were hopeful for mankind, I cannot take action.  It's all I've known and can do to manipulate Ember.  It's a form of self protection that developed over the years.  Even if I did put faith in humanity, I'd be a blind man trying to learn how to race.  Not that it's impossible..  At any rate it's clear you won't stop, so you know as well as I that this will end in a final encounter.  I'm not a quitter Ember so I won't back down.  However, I would appreciate it if you didn't spread word of my true nature to everyone.  If I do survive your blade, and if I do go into hiding, it would be pleasant if no one started trying to hunt me down for everything I did and finish the job you could not."

@Hestia

That's why i know that you can be a better person Domarus. That if you were allowed a happier life you could've been like me, and taht is why i won't kill you since i know their is a better side to you that the world is just waiting to see. One that isn't built on this idea of yours one that could be more willing to do things out of kindness rather than for the need of manipulated pawns to help better yourself. I know you can see the world from my perspective if you just allowed yourself a chance to change Domarus. I say to you with a determined look burning within my blue eyes as i look you within your gaze wanting to try and avoid the fight if need be, but having this sinking feeling that such a thing is not going to happen without force being involved. With the words that follow cementing that reality into myself as i sigh softly and deflates rather visibly as i look up towards the red haired man with the same determined eyes burning fiercely. And you know just as well as i that this fight even if you win won't be your last, and if i win be prepared to see things my way since i will make sure to prevent any deaths during this if i can do so. I know Itzal won't do such a thing, and you know i wouldn't do such a thing so we're even here. Also you're not going into hiding if i can help it i would do my best to keep your presence alive and well. To do so lets make a bet right here, and right now. You win i side with you, join your guild, do what you say the whole nine yards as they say. I win though when it come time for my prison system, or if i need some help with a guild creation you will be their to be at my side helping out with both. With a more heavy focus on the whole prison things since i intend to build a official AIncrad prison system. I have Stryder already siding with me if i can make it, Aereth even promised to stop his killing method if i can pull it off. My guild leader Jomei is looking into locations that will stop TPing away to make sure we have our location. Than you have Keres with those..corridor crystals that can teleport people to a specific location. I have the people to get a prison going we just need to find our method. With your help for when i can get it setup i am certain it will run smoothly. Also you will put aside your plans for manipulative domination of course also. I say towards the red headed man with a grin across my face as i extend my hand towards the man to extend him the simple deal that i am putting forth that is rather all win or all lose. Having the utmost confidence in myself and my stats that i can fight and beat the man in front of me alongside my familiar, and knowing that just as much as he that he could decline and have that be over with. 'Though that isn't even the purpose of this i just want him to side with me when it comes time for this prison. I need as much support as i can get from as many different sources.' I think to myself as my other hand tightens ever so slightly.

Domarus closed his eyes, his hands folding in front of him, and was silent for a decent minute.  Then, a smile cracked on his face and he began to chuckle.  Which slowly grew until he started laughing.  When he relaxed again he looked at Hestia with amusement, but also with a hint of admiration.

"I think it is safe to say we are the two most stubborn headed people in the entirety of existence in this current generation Ember.  I refuse to back down and surrender.  You refuse to give up on me.  Quite amusing if you think about it."  He relaxed his body in his chair and looked her in the eyes.  "However I am curious about something.  You know my primary skills are to manipulate and deceive for the greatest outcome possible.  Not long before you refused to trust me on anything I said or did.  So why on earth would you trust me now?  Of all times?  Why would you trust me to hold my word?"  He would wait for an answer before he did anything else.  He looked at her familiar for a second.  "Your familiar will be in grave danger though..  Rhozarth is violent, and will not hesitate to slaughter your lion, shredding him to ribbons.  Your familiar is faster, but Rhozarth is very strong.  Not just in brute force, but in elemental power as well.  In addition to this I have given him armor which slows him down a little more, but increases his strongest trait.  If you want your familiar to stay alive, I highly suggest you think twice about bringing him with you."

I chuckle softly at the words and just nods my head in agreement since it is honestly true to the hugest extent if they reflect upon such information. It truly was the idea of two unmovable objects clashing against one another and seeing who will be the first to go. It's quite simple Domarus i can trust you to keep your end of the bargain since either or will allow me to take the necessary steps to try and unite the frontlines to be more than what it was at Floor 23. I was content before thinking something didn't need to happen, but somebody has to step up as a force of uniting everybody together to form one strong leader that everybody will listen to for one reason or the other and i will take that place if need be. Not through manipulation or force but through my way of talking with others and having their trust that they put into me to use that trust that i give back to them to allow myself to be a leader if need be. As you can see Domarus if you think on the fact of where i am at this moment of the frontlines i have Celestials on my side, Stryder's guild on my side, Aereth with me if you count the prison system, and my guild backing me up. If i went and formed my own guild i would have all of the active guilds basically siding with me in terms of at least one leader among them. I am going to unite the people of AIncrad my own way through diplomacy and talking with them as a friend not as a manipulator if i can help it.  Compromise is what i will use to make peace, and trust shall be the bridges and the foundation of my unity that i shall try to create. Now why in serious you should agree in the end since it benefits humanity either way in the end. Prison system gets built killers get put away and guarded by Aincrad's strongest. I form my own guild and the aforementioned unity plan i have as a backup idea if i need to do that before the prison can get built. I say towards the red haired man with a smile on my face and a determined look within my blue colored eyes burning brightly. Peace needs to come to Aincrad and i will do my best to provide such peace. Also, i trust Kuro to stay safe he is more than what you think of him. I say confidently as my familiar looks towards you with a light glare looking rather insulted.

Domarus shifted his head a bit in curiosity. 

"Aereth sides with you?  Hmm..  It makes sense actually.  He's become more and more distant and independent, so it would make sense.  I could also see him being the leak, back stabbing me since it benefits him.  In the end he's just as self centered as everyone else."  He sighed and shifted in his seat before continuing.

"There is just one problem with this peace you so desire.  Somewhere along the line, people will need to die for you to reach that peace.  Whether it's player killers, enforcement officers, or innocents.  Peace is never obtainable without a sacrifice of some sort.  Therefore, the very concept in itself is hypocritical.  Still, you at least have a stable, or semi-stable plan set in motion.  What will you do if the front liners refuse to cooperate?  What will you do if they don't have as much love for humanity as you're hoping?  What should happen if the prison is in fact established?  Will you post guards?  How many?  Will you add more as more prisoners appear?  What will you do if there ends up being a jailbreak?  How will you react if and when player killers become more violent and aggressive in response to your actions?  You know that if they become more violent because you are trying to arrest them all, that innocent blood will be on your hands?"  He took a drink from his glass and placed it down gently, staring into the liquid.  "Cause and effect Ember.  If you try to stop the darkness, the darkness will grow stronger and more active.  If you leave the darkness be it spreads.  If you think you snuffed out the darkness, you either create it by accident elsewhere, or it stays hidden and strikes when least expected.  It's a lose lose scenario.  The best you can hope for is a few weeks of peace and quiet."  He looked back up to her.

"Sometimes I wish I had your eyes.  Even if the notion itself is utterly hopeless and impossible to obtain, you still somehow see the hope and light in this corrupted world.  That's something I have never been able to do...  As for you Kuro, you remind me of Rhozarth.  Both of you are proud beings.  I wasn't insulting you, just warning the two of you that while I may hold back, Rhozarth doesn't know restraint when he enters combat."

@Hestia

I just nod my head at the very obvious statement as i just absolutely calm. Of course people will need to die for my peace. I will need to die for my peace Domarus. Since for my peace it isn't instant takeover it is requiring me to die since to get it to be official will take multiple generations through peace. Having multiple people be the examples set for other to try and spread it as far as i can. Maybe my peace will be achieved quickly, or take generations to year like i imagine. Either way people will die in this game because of that being the nature of this world and people die in the real world when we escape since it will take generations to convince billions of people. I say in a calm tone of voice not afraid of the death taht will await me at some point during my life be it from this game from a mob getting lucky, assassination, or anything else that could happen within this world. Also, for my prison it will run like any real world prison the amount of guards being less optimal than what i would want since people have lies. If their is a jailbreak i will be the first line of defense against all of them. i will die for the safety of this world, die for the guards i will have in station, die for all of my friends. If the PKers are willing to get more aggressive with their schemes they make themselves more open to being taken down the death and sacrifice i know that will come from increased crime will be handled by the hunters. Aereth is already such an example of doing that since i know he will always hunt all killers to put them down it is just now he will do so without having to resort to murder. If i can find more hunters for my prison than that would be better since i don't want my hunters to die because of going against somebody stronger than them. I say sounding saddened as i blink a few times rapidly as if to fight tears as i look back up with my blue colored eyes bunring brighter with determination as i look towards the red haired man.

I won't convince you here it seems like Domarus, and so we will have to settle our opinions and ideologies in the midst of a battle between yourself and i. Just know that you won't die tomorrow not by my hand at the very least the only chance you would die is if you get attacked from somebody else that isn't me. I hope that after this fight you will be willing to help me Domarus that you will just give me a chance to help you. I say towards the red haired man as i look him in the eyes. Kuro just huffs softly before resting along the ground with his head on his paws.