[SP-F01] Something I can sink my teeth into. <<Earning a Living: Cook>>

Black bobbed his head up and down imagining a hip hop beat as he began mocking Maggie cooking in the kitchen with the wrist motion. "That's what I'm talking about Mama Maggie, we gone be like the Migos and have ourselves a good ole' stir fry" The ardent helper cheered as he motioned to dap her up, but realized the gesture went over the NPCs head as she waved him off. “Oh yeah? Well, forget you too then you ole ugly..wart nosed...couldn’t even get a job at chipotle looking…” The blonde haired man grumbled as he shoved his hands into his pockets, grinding his teeth against his sucker and stormed out with an attitude.

“I swear these NPCs keep sending me out on these rookie missions like I’m some boot!” He kicked at the dirt in disgust as he withdrew a hand and looked at the quest. “Bruh...she got me out here looking for potatoes like I’m out on the plantation! Ah, hell nah…” He rolled his head around in refusal. “Man, aye, look...I know they got some NPCs that can come out here and do some chores...half of them just sit outside and talk all day. Better tell them chop chop!” He sniffed, before blowing an air of anger out his nostrils as he moves forward to search the field for a potato, rummaging his fingers through the fields like some hobbit from Lord of The Rings as he plucked one potato from the garden fields outside.

ID# 106499 - Loot 18 - SUCCESS!  (Gathering Materials) = +1 T1 Mat

Note: Yui's grace used

Edited by Black

“Ha, we got the focus locked down!” Smug teeth chopped down on his lollipop stick as he slammed both hands together in excitement. With a little dance to his shoulders, he felt he could take the world on. This was the beginning to a great potential career. “I might even become the next Chef Boyardee.” He chuckled over enthusiastic about his potato plucking. “Shoot...grandma Maggie better watch out. I might have to put her old wrinkly behind out of business. Shoot..wish I could open a restaurant..I’d have all type of food for people to chow down on. “ There was a growing craze to his eyes, it was as if he was actually enjoying the grueling labor as his mind became occupied with daydreams of success and ambition. Now those were goals he would find himself worthy of.  

“Man, I hope this work really pays off...I mean..you can -never- have enough food buffs, right?” He said thinking of the seemingly endless supply of customers that he could hook up. “And the best part is these are consumable..so they’ll just keep coming back for more. Your boy going to be pushing weight in these streets...moving kilos of caramel apples.” He chortled at the thought, bearing a goofy grin. “Now come you you little potato..Black wants some french fries tonight!’ He says as he pulls his second potato in a row. “Ohhhh, or maybe it’ll be a nice baked potatoe we’ll make..mmm…”

ID: 106500 LR - 16 = Gathering T1 Material Success!

Edited by Black

Black began to juggle the potatoes as he walked across the field, eyeing the pleasant pedestrians and city folk. The minstrels played lovely sounds of violins as Black grooved to the beat with a peaceful appreciation. “Man, those violins be jammin’...I can’t believe they made you have to choose between the greatest two loves in the world...a man’s food and his music...but [censored]...I got to eat right. Mhm. None of those rat eaten MRE trash...I’m going to be eating top of the line.” He said reassuringly with a sharp nod of his head. His legs dragged him over toward a chicken coup. “Right...so we just got to gather up a few nice eggs..crack them bad boys open and boom...now I got omelettes…” He licked his lips like a carnivorous hound as he became lively with delight over getting a taste of some delicious eggs.

The cage was rusted and aged, it looked more like a prison cell than a place a free and happy bird could thrive. Black furrowed his brows as he began to inspect the hen’s nest for any eggs lying about, but his cheerful nature faltered.

“Dang...this must be one stuck up hen if she ain’t out here laying eggs...she need a boyfriend or something…” Black sneered as he huffed an annoyed breath.

ID-106502 LR:12 - Fail! (No items gathered)

Edited by Black

Black was an avid gatherer triggered by his tenacity in the face of adversity. He was destined to overcome any obstacle in his path. Be it a mighty dragon or a….chicken. The hen’s clucked around the pen and dawdled aimlessly, pecking at worms and  flapping their wings. A rooster crowed highlighting that daylight had just broke in the town. Traffic stirred into life as Black felt lukewarm about his recent failure, but the staunch makeshift farm boy was ebulliently strutting about the hen house looking for more eggs.

In the corner of his eye he noticed a fat hen leaving her nest and seeing a big ivory egg nestled in the nest and was ecstatic to relinquish it. As he inched his hand closer to the egg, he became anxious as it seemed the hen was watching his every motion as if scolding him with it’s eyes. “Hey, look miss, I’m sorry, but ya boy trying to cook up a delicious omelette or get some sunny side up eggs, but if you feeling sad now..don’t worry..come lunch time, I’m gonna be wanting some fried chicken.” He smirked with a wry grin as he poached the egg from the hen house with glee. The hen scratched at the ground fervently pissed off at Black or so he felt. “Well, dang..if you’re that heated now..I wonder how you’d look on a frying pan at three hundred and fifty degrees..” He shined his white fangs with a taunting grin.

ID: 106511 LR- 16 (T1 Material Gathering) Success! 
Total: 3 T1 Mats gathered

Edited by Black

A light skinned hand the shade of sand smuggled the egg into his satchel as it disappeared into his inventory slot. “Hmm..I wonder if we can start bootlegging liquor as well as a chef...I mean, it sort of fits in the same category...I can whip up some nice hooch. It won’t get them tipsy, but hey..some like the taste. Especially the ladies with those flavored drinks...I’d love to whip up a margarita or some wine.” Black admitted shamelessly. The ignominious chef in training certainly had covert motives for his career as the nubian warlord advanced upon more foreign egg encampments. His wiggly fingers dangled maniacally over the hen’s nest as he leaned forward and stretched his arm deep inside and clenched his eyes shut as he patted around. Slap, slap, slap and… “Not a dog gone thing...come on you gotta be kidding me! I was on a roll! I swear, I got to get my stats up.” He huffed in agony as he withdrew his hand and wiped the tension from his face.

“Okay, now let’s see…” He muttered as he began to open his menu and analyze his current buffs. “I got a damn angler buff...yet...I don’t have a freaking fishing  skill...what a drag…” He ran his hands through his head in annoyance. “The gatherer buff costs the same as the fishing one...but which to go after first...hmm..” He pondered as he waddled off towards another hen house.

ID:106512 LR 9 (T1 Material Gathering FAIL)

Edited by Black

The sable adventurer yawned and stretched out his arms as he pondered what adventurers the rest of the day may hold. “I think I might end up grinding hardcore for these top of the line food buffs. Start hooking up my party members..everybody is going to be eating good..giving your boy mad props.” He flashed his wicked grin undiluted in his thrill of becoming a champion chef. In truth in the beginning, his cooking efforts would most likely be disastrous at best, but it seemed luck was on his side in the realm of gathering because he had somehow managed to withdraw his melanized arm back with yet another egg from a hen house. “Booya! Got two eggs...now we’re cooking! I just need one more mat and everything should go smooth to start whipping in the kitchen. “

He raised the egg up in the air and inspected it with a detective’s care. “Man, I wonder how they made dragon’s eggs taste like..I swear I’m going to get a nice mouthful of that...I bet it tastes like…” Black turned in a twisted grin of insatiable glee eyeballing a cluster of hens before scowling. “Chicken!”

ID: 106513 - LR 20 - (+1 T1 Material - Success!)
Total: 4 T1 Mats 

Edited by Black

Black’s inky digits dug through his platinum blonde mane as his nails scratched at the back of his neck. “Now what else did she say we needed? Oh yeah...cheese! Good ole cheddar cheese with some baked potatoes and eggs. Hell yes!” The mouth watering revelation sedated the bronze skinned warrior as he began to meander about the farmhouse. “Now..where the hell does one find cheese? I hope I don’t have to go around doing weird crap like milking goats...they really trying to kill my vibe if they got me doing that. “ Black downplayed the idea with a rough scoff. “Hmm..now where would I be if I were a nice block of cheese...I wonder if this game is like Diablo or some other MMO...you’d usually find cheese in some weird thing like a barrel or a cupboard..” His voice trailed off as he saw a cluster of wooden interactable barrels.

“Alright, this is it, just this last one and we’re almost done gathering!” He pounded his fist with reassurance as he marched forth to the bountiful glory that awaited him and found….absolutely nothing!

ID: 106516 LR 13 - Fail!

Edited by Black

“Man..I’d kill to have a bag of cheetos or doritos or something to snack on while I’m out here doing this grind. So much gathering to do...I could only imagine what hell it’ll be trying to stock a restaurant. However, I suppose I got some nice perks being on the first floor..I can sell a lot of neat food to the little newbies and be rolling in col! Then I can upgrade the pad and find somebody out here that can perform some good music and get them out in the record studio. Aye, that’d be lit! “ The youthful man snickered with exhilaration, a joyous grin perched upon his lips as buzzed over towards another barrel near a herd of spotted cows.

While exploring the depths of yet another inconspicuous barrel, he raised on high the majestic radiance of a block of cheese. The sensation felt heroic as he had gathered the last of what was necessary to begin his task of crafting some quality food. Relieved from his duties, he wiped the non-existent sweat from his brow and proceeded to head back inside.

“Aye, Mama Maggie, we back in business, baby! Look at what I got! " He cheered as he slammed the ingredients on the table.

ID: 106517 LR-19 (+1 T1 Material gathering - Success!) 
Total: 5 T1 Materials

Edited by Black

Black took a moment to listen to Maggie's instructions on how to make potato chips. "Huh, that easy huh? Wait...but what about my baked potato and cheddar cheese drizzling across mountains of tasty eggs!" Black crumbled in dismay at the recent upheaval and gathered his ingredients and stormed out of the kitchen to shake his head and return home. His foots stomped along the cobblestone with a sense of purpose as he opened his menu and eyed the estate that he had located on the first floor of the map. As he followed the clairvoyant aura that led to it, he went through the halls and took out his cooking tools and began to chop the potato up and then a glowing apparition would ignite as the potato would shine brilliantly like a crystal ascending into the heavens as Black’s eyes grew wide before...everything shattered.

“What a buzzkill...Geez man...can I catch a break?” The tense chef scowled as he hung his head in turmoil.

A buzzing message had alerted him.  

+1 EXP Craft Fail
+2 EXP “Working” Chef’s Kitchen Room Bonus

“Huh, well, I guess it ain’t all bad. I’m still learning.” Black retorted in response.

----------------------------------------

ID 106519 CR 3 - FAIL

Cook EXP: 3/20  

Edited by Black

“Alright, hey, if at first you don’t succeed...get good.” Black chimed as he examined the fourteen remaining T1 mats in his inventory log before selecting one and recognizing it to be one of the pearly white eggs he had collected. “I mean...how hard can scrambling an egg be? I learned this when I was like...five.” The man blinked at the frying man as he began to prep it with oils, then cracked an egg and set it on the frying pan. “There, now just let it sit for a while and…”

Before he could utter another word the meat on the frying pan had already began to shrivel up into a burnt piece of tar-like goop. “Oh, come on,  it hasn’t even been five seconds and it’s already burnt? You got to be kidding me…” He groaned as he leaned back against the kitchen counter filled with furore at the popularity of him failing tremendously as a cook. “Today just isn’t my day..” He whined as he received his consolation prize of three cooking EXP. 

ID 106520 CR 4 - FAIL
Cook EXP: 6/20  

Edited by Black

Black was having trouble conjuring up some food with the ingredients. He never seen a brother struggled so hard to make some breakfast. “Man, how am I going to feed the people when I can't even feed myself! The struggle is real, bruh.” He chuckled as he drug his hand across the menu and selected another egg. He carefully looked it over for any defects before cracking it and setting it on the frying pan, wincing back as his breakfast went up in flames, causing a light cluster of smoke to rise and he'd have to open a window to let the smoke out until the burnt egg dematerialized “Wow….fam, I can't believe this game really just did that to me after all that hard work I put into finding all of that. He stood with his mouth agape at the cursed frying pan.

ID -106602 CD-1 (Fail) [First craft attempt of the day]
Cook EXP: 9/20

Edited by Black

Black was determined beyond restraint as he activated a recording crystal of some serene music  featuring the “Morning Sun” instrumental by Yondo. He began to flip the knife in the air hibachi style then cut the berries into a series of intricate and detailed patterns with his knife, then set them to cool in the freezer in a circular hole. He popped a stick inside to forge his ultimate lollipop. The lovely smell permeated through the room like it was a blessing from the almighty cooking Gods. Black gave praise to almighty jams of hip-hop for aiding him in this wondrous concoction as he added spices to the mix to produce the best casual candy snack he had ever forged.

Black was a fiend for candy as he rubbed his hands together and looked at his wondrous grape flavored sucker. The stats on it were amazing as he noticed the “+3 LD Buff” that emitted from the item as it shined brilliantly.

“Perfection. Mama Maggie gonna be so proud of me. I feel like the true MVP right now. I’m going to use this to be a gathering machine baby! Can’t stop! Won’t Stop! I bet if I keep this up I’ll be able to make all kinds of dishes! I’ll be the king of versatile moves!” He concedes happily as he stashes away the item to present to Mama Maggie.

ID: 106640 - CR 12 (Second Craft of the day) 
Cook EXP: 19/20 +8 Perfect and +2 from Working Buff
Item Created: Lucky Stars Lollipop +3 Loot Die

Edited by Black

Black felt satisfied with his creation and proceeded to enjoy listening to a recording crystal of the instrumental for “My Story” by Yondo as he relaxed and began wash his hands in the sink. He had received a message from his friends alerting him of a quest known as Nature’s Treasure where gathering would be a much easier and simpler task to accomplish. Measuring the use of his latest creation, he estimated that the yields of his gathering conquest would be unfathomable as he soared through the amazing heights of cooking excellency.

Seems like everything is going smooth and according to plan. Just have to tweak a few things, check out the shops, and optimize my build. Take it slow and get stronger every day.

With that motivation in mind, Black grabbed his hoodie and made his way through the living room and then headed out to the door to return to the farmhouse where Maggie was. He chose to explore the bushes nearby and search for more berries to make his tasty candy treats, but there didn’t seem to be anything in the bush, but Black remained calm and simply went to check on the other ones.

ID- 106662 LD 13+1 = (Fail)

Edited by Black

Black methodically shifted to the next bushel and bent over as his hands dug through the shrubbery. His sable digits explored every nook and cranny of the bush but the only thing that was there was leafy green vegetation. Black twisted his lips in unease. “I guess I’ll give it a few more goes and if things don’t work out, I’ll just go ahead and turn in my crafted item and get my SP.” He shrugged his shoulders and stepped eastward to the other side of the earthy toned brick house with a blue roof, his hands tucked into his pockets.

The weather was getting warmer as the sun seemed to rise to just a few hours shy of noon. He enjoyed the cool breeze that slipped through the city streets as his eyes watched a yellow butterfly pass by and flutter over to a windowsill where Maggie was out setting out a pie. “Man..that pie look good. I wonder how much those run at Maggie’s shop...I wonder if the player shops have anything better. I might have to go out and check them out.
"

ID- 106664 LD 13+1 = Fail

Edited by Black

Black contemplated on what type of shop he’d like to visit to get a sample of their food. “Seafood still tops the charts in my books. Hands down!” He said aloud with a wide grin as he began to nearly salivate at the thought. “Lobster and shrimp..crabs...hot butter just drizzling all over...man hell yeah!” His excitement increased with each passing second that he had almost forgot to search the next bush. Upon inspection, he would noticed that the bush was completely empty.

“Wow, they must be hating on fruit or the fact I got that perfect crafted meal. I don’t even know why they be tripping over that stuff.” Black wrinkled his nose at the outcome, but otherwise paid it no attention as he began to beatbox and bob his head down the cobblestone streets. “I think I might open a shop of my own sometime soon. Just need a little time.”

ID- 106665 LD 5+1 = (Fail)

Edited by Black

“Got to keep the grind up. Big question is whether to go independent or to collaborate with other people. “ Black’s pondering was unceasing as he gripped the tip of his chin and looked up to the sky. “I suppose networking would be the best thing to do in that case. Big question is in how the profits and what not would work. Might be better to just go ahead and start making a name for myself. “ Black nodded his head a few times. “Of course, I should scout out prices, too. I got to make my Col somehow and this is barely paying the bills.”

Black squinted up at the rising sun. “Alright, I’ll give it another five tries after this one  and then after that I’m going to call it. “ He states as he looks through another bush and sighs as the bush looked to have rotten berries. “That’s just nasty man…”

ID- 106666 LD 1 + 1 = (Fail)

Edited by Black

Black flung his hands about trying to get the filthy berries off his fingers. “I’m suprised they even let it get that bad man...they need to water this garden and actually take care of it. They better not be putting any of these berries in that pie, I know that!” Black cringed at the thought of Maggie selling such tainted pies as he slipped over to the next bush to check it out. “Alright, I know this one has to be good, I’ve been getting wrecked so many times in a row.” He leans forward to check for berries with his hand and only pulls out a caterpillar and frowns as he places it back unto a leaf making sure not to squish it. “Everyone gets one little man, next time you’re getting squashed.” He laughed as he walked off. “I swear they really be trying to hold me back in this game. I need to go back and get that other gathering quest like as soon as possible. This nervewracking.”

ID - 106667 LD 1+1 = (Fail!)

Edited by Black

“Almost done, just gotta keep pushing. Think of the money and SP and all of that. More levels is more health. More health means you’re surviving the game. I just got to begin with the end in mind.” Black reminds himself to be diligent as he goes to look for herbs to make spices but sees that the fields are empty in his search attempt. “Come on..there’s got to be something out here..I know it.” Black looks left to right and only she’s dry patches of land before he keeps his mouth shut and simply presses on. “Won’t be much longer now anyhow. Though...wish I had more music to make this pretty chill. Like some Migos or something...like that Bigger than you song...I’ll show you how to get millions now that’s a meal plan...aye!” Black shined a flashy smile and began to bob his head to the beat he remembered.

ID- 106668 LD 11+1 = (Fail)

Edited by Black

“I still can’t believe I had to decide between cooking good food and having my own jams man...I got dang near every good song memorized. I may still have to get a recording studio in the house so I can flex real big, yeah..” Black grinned impishly. “Get an Artisan to make me some nice jewelry..some ballin chains...nice gold bracelets. I’ll be fresh as hell.” Black licked his lips as he started thinking about laying in a bed swimming in Col. “Ha, where the racks at? I’m going to keep them coming back like a flashback.” Black chuckled as he thought about living a life of abundance. “I’ll have to make some fresh wine and champagne bottles..yeah, that’d be pretty lit. Having a bar would be pretty dope as well. Maybe that’s the angle I should play..a social circle with different food and drinks...yeah, that’d be great.” Black said with relief as he checked the fields once more and found nothing.

ID- 106669 LD 3+1 - (Fail)

Edited by Black

“I should really take the time to get to know the other people in the game. Maybe visit some guilds..market myself..help them with items that might help them grow and develop. These buffs are pretty valuable and are a great investment of time to produce. Plus once I get to the point to make feasts that only multiplies amazing recipes that can hook up the whole party. It’s pretty essential for boss battles and crafting and gathering especially. Plus they can help in a pinch.” Black’s mind was beginning to untangle how the games economy worked as he decided to move closer towards the NPC Maggie’s house to search the bushes in her garden for more berries. As luck would have it, he found some and began to stash them away in his inventory. As he took a moment to look at the time, he hummed and said. “It’s getting late, I’ll do one more then I think I’m going to call it.”

106670 - 17+1 = (Success- +1 T1 Mat)

Total T1 Mats gathered: 6 - 4 = 2 remaining

Edited by Black