[SP-F1] You are a Memory

[OOC: Most of this story is a memory from the real world]

The night sky was filled with glistening lights sparkling in a black void. The moon’s glow provided convenient lighting in the dark. Jade could see her reflection in the water, the coldness in her look made her eyes widen. She could remember the smile on their faces, right before everything changed:

12 Years Ago...

“Imma gonna getch you!” Jess shouted, despite the fact I was sitting right next to her. “No, you won’t!” I shouted in return, frantically moving the joysticks. The glow of the characters battling on the television filled the dark room. My parents weren’t home at the time, and I was alone with my sister, so we ended up playing one of those fighting games to pass the time. “Ah, no fair...” Jess said, a little irritation in her voice. “No, it’s fair, because I won...” I said with a smirk. I remember my seven-year-old self, I was determined, competitive, sportsmanlike, needless to say, that didn’t stay for long. Jess looked irritated. “But I wanted to win!” Jess said, her speech a bit slurred, she then tried out her number one tactic, puppy eyes. “Can we play something else.” Jess stared at me. “Fine, but I’m gonna have some food first, it is getting late.” I flipped on the light switch, the entire room filled with the white glow. I walked into the kitchen, which was one room over. I opened the refrigerator and pulled out a paper bag with a note on it. It read: ‘Hey sweetie, we might be a bit late tonight, I made you dinner, share with your sister! - Love Mom” I remembered how great it was to have food in the fridge, much less food already made for you. My dad changed after the accident, he became a monster. He would have mood swings, in one of his mood swings, he was gonna hurt Jess, so I told him to stop. I had to go to the hospital for breaking my arm after “falling down a flight of stairs”, there are no stairs in our house. It hurt, a lot, but I had to protect Jess.

Edited by Ghost

I took the food when our phone, which I had to share with my sister, went off. There was a new message that read: “We have a surprise for you we're almost home.” Being the kids that we were, we got excited and went to see what the surprise was, so we waited outside, taking guesses until our parents got home. “What if its a bike? Or a horse!” Jess said excitedly, giggling afterward. “What if its a new game for us to play? Or maybe its like, a lot of ice cream?” I responded, also giggling. This went on for around two minutes until our parents got into the driveway. We rushed to greet them. My parents weren’t even out of the car yet before we barraged them with questions. “Hey hey hey, slow down, we will get to it when we get to it, but you have to get dressed first.” My dad said. “Huh?” I looked down, realizing that I’ve been in my pajamas this whole time. “Oh! Right.” I swiftly got dressed and came back out, everyone was already waiting. We got in and began going somewhere.