[F01-OP] QUEST: <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> Part One

Kit woke up on a church pew. As she laid there for a moment she opened up her menu to look at her stats and quests. It was fairly empty, and it started to eat at her that she had been slacking when so many had ventured forward.
”Guess I’m a late bloomer. Time to get this show on the road then.” She stretched.
Kit slowly got up and leaned back to crack her back. She looked over at the other sleeping players that hadn’t gone off on their own. Most of them were children. She felt a bit jealous and sad for them all at once. This was a great escape for anyone, however, they’d miss out on so many things once everyone returned to the real world. She smoothed out her shirt and walked out of the church.
This time she wandered around the city. She heard stories of an old man that gave out a pretty simple quest. As she walked past various shops her eye caught a bearded fellow. She walked into his store and heard the bell ring above her head. It was something she grew accustomed to. When she had first heard the chime it reminded her of her childhood. She hadn’t heard of doors with bells on them in a long while after becoming an adult. She liked it.

”Welcome there young lass.”
”Howdy, sir.” Kit stated as she walked into the establishment.

It was then her ears picked up movement behind her and she held the door open for the next person to come in as well.

Sonya had half expected to quit, she knew though that the quest took long but she never though her luck at searching for materials was so poor. It was the second time she had grown so depressed that she wanted to just settle down and sleep on her brothers lap but he still hadn't even messaged her back after they first friended one another on this game.  "Oh Leo ... why couldn't you have just stuck around for me." She mumbled, "Well it is only fitting that I return to the scene of the crime and assist someone else on the quest just as Enna assisted me." They really were quite nice to her, a soft smile brightening up her day as she was reminded by her slightly younger companion she had met. Maybe after assisting anyone else on this tedious mission she would be able to go do her earn a living quest and start up her own shop. A name was still in the works, but she knew Madam Song would have to ring out in the name else it would all be an incredible waste of time.

Sonya just about was ready to knock on the door to check on Zakaraiah once more as she heard the door opening into the humble abode. "H-huh?! Are you secretly able to know when someone was coming to assist you?" Sonya inquired, a startled brow raised as she didn't even know there was someone inside till they welcomed her in unexpectedly.  Zakaraih then laughed and waved to the girl he had seen the other day.

"Welcome back Sonya, but weren't you here yesterday how was your luck?"  Zakaraiah chuckled he did recall quite well perhaps that was just the computer inside him remembering.

Sonya merely grimaced and looked down, "Well you know how long it took me ... I swear I was about to set a new record in this game for never making it past the first free mission. After hearing that I highly doubt you would actually want my help come to think of it, I am probably a bad luck charm considering all things."

@Kit

Kit held the door open for the woman and recognized her as one of her roommates at the church. She smiled brightly.

"If I had known you were coming here today I would have waited around for you Sonya," he stated. "How's your stomach today?" she was a little worried for the girl.
"
Oh, you two know each other I see! Well, that's a fine how do you do now isn't it?"
"I'm here to take the quest, and I guess that's why you're here too Sonya? Mind if we go together? We can talk about things on the way so it's not so boring, and I've got your back if we run into any trouble okay." 

KIt stated as she patted her side where her dagger was. In truth, she had never used it before, but she wasn't afraid to if her friend was in trouble. Zakaraiah laughed a bit and stroked his beard thoughtfully.

"No need to worry about that dear, there shouldn't be any monsters if you stick close to the town, and if you spot one just run back in and wait a few moments instead. To be honest, there are some berry bushes right outside the town gates, and some flowers in that area that I'd very much like to use in my potions and it'd be a great help if you could fetch them for me."

"Oh...That's a pretty good idea actually." Kit felt a little embarrassed she hadn't thought it through in the end. She looked over at Sonya. "What do you say? Do you think we can do it?" she asked her hoping they could stick together for this one.

@Sonya

Edited by Kit

Sonya laughed, only to shake her head she wasn't doing the best but then smiled. "I suggest you don't wait around for me on this quest, the first time I tried it I thought I was gonna pull out all of my hair to be honest. Those materials were nearly impossible for me to find it wasn't for some divine intervention. I suggest we just do  it together the two of us and you attempt to collect a few on your own. Else I might slow you down like I did myself. And after this we can head out and work on a few of the other quests. I might even call on another friend of mine. She would be happy to meet new people I imagine." She said with a cheerful grin now  looking back toward Zakaraiah.

"Well yes we have met, though I must admit I do believe it was mainly as a means of finding the church and rooms. I didn't really think about it that you would be coming all this way to start on your first quests. As for watching my back that would be quite pleasant as I am still a bit nervous to go into combat with the creatures on this floor."  Sonya held out a thumbs up and nodded, "If I can finish it over the course of a day I bet you can complete it in half the time. Clearly I'm not the greatest at hunting down materials, but I can hopefully help with the boring waits between respites."

She slid over and clasped her arms around kit, "It will be another grand adventure and then maybe after this you could help me with the 'Earn a Living Quest.'"

@Kit

“No worries Sonya. We’ll complete this together, put us down as a party of two Zack. I’m not about to let my friend here fall behind.” She grinned. “You’ll collect the materials with me, no buts about it. Even if you lag behind I’m certain I can find something fun to do, at the very least I can collect more materials for our to be shops along the way. I’m not sure if having materials makes a difference with being a merchant, in the end I might hand them over to you.”
”Ah, but I”m afraid I can only accept materials you find individual.”
Well that’s some funky BS if I ever heard it.” Kit stated making an annoyed face.
”Hohoho, you’re a fire cracker ain’t ya?” he said stocking his beard.
”Obviously, but seriously I can’t give her any extras I find?”
”You can, but not for the quest, what you do with the extra materials is your doing child.”
”If you say so gramps, you can bet your rear I’ll either use them or give them up to my partner here.” She pointed at Sonya with her thumb. “She’s going to be famous and I’m going to help her I guess.”
”How kind.”
”Yeah, she is, I might get a discount, who knows, maybe she’ll update your robes too.” Kit smiled widely at him.
”Gift of gab I think.” The old man laughed.

Kit winked at him and sent Sonya a party request and then went to accept Zack’s quest.

”Hey, I might have a backup plan should we have trouble getting materials in the end. How about I race you there, and tell you my plan on the way? As for the earning a living quest, you're on, I'll totally help out with that too!” Kit was fired up and ready to go. She held the door open for Sonya and got down ready to sprint off if Sonya accepted the race.

@Sonya

Edited by Kit

As she stretched, the girl didn't want to talk about it but she had gone through it once and she didn't give up on it then so she wasn't really needing to do this quest again she decided it was best if she just waited. Eventually she would tell her, but for now she was growing a bit nervous in front of her for no good reason. Perhaps it was because of this little misunderstanding that they weren't sure where the other one stood in their quest line yet. It wasn't her fault, she just was on shaking ground about the return particularly after such a long drawn out quest she had it was definitely going  to take her a while  if Kit's luck was as bad as her own.

The conversation did take a new turn though, Sonya's face burned bright red as she now began to shake her head. "I'm not that famous at least not enough to be known here I suppose I was at once. But that life is long behind me and i shouldn't attempt to aspire to roles that may not even fit in our current state. I hope that others would like to join the show, but I'm not really expecting a large group to join along in the festivities I have planned least till I have made a name for myself applying simple wears and armor."

"Thanks, I don't really enjoy being alone, so I was hoping that maybe we could continue to be friend and travel for a while. Just till we both get our feet off the ground and prepared for the rest of this game." She smiled.

"But aren't there fewer people in this world? If that's true, your chances for it are pretty high. Don't you think?" Kit tried to reassure her. "Don't worry, even if you lack faith I still believe in you."

Kit walked out of the store and held the door open for Sonya.

"Have you ever fought anything before Sonya?" she wondered if she had a chance at keeping up, she wasn't even sure what level Sonya was, and she wasn't about to check it either. "I figure if we hurry, we won't have to sleep in a church, not that I mind, but sometimes a kid shows up and needs a room, and I end up on a pew. That stuff is murder on your back you know." she sighs as she walked out the main gates and to the main area. "This is where the deed is done suppose. Hey, I must apologize, I put in for a luck based garment in a shop already. Please don't be mad at me. I was just hoping it'd be of use on quests like this." she said worriedly.

@Sonya

Edited by Kit

Sonya laughed at this, she couldn't help it but the pews of the church were definitely not comfortable but even here she knew that they sometimes needed someone to rest their heads against as well. Many nights were spent curled up against her brother's lap when they had finally moved out of their parents house. Despite her parents, they never learned to rely on anyone else but one another and that was part of the reason she wanted to relocate her brother in this world. "Sorry? Oh, don't be worried about that I am half tempted to go purchase something from someone else myself as the job quest makes me feel a bit uneasy still just thinking about opening my own shop runway makes my stomach churn again. I know it shouldn't for all intents and purposes it should be a lot simpler in here so long as I make the prices about the same as the next player. But since I'm not much of a fighter at least yet I do need to find some valuable method of making a living for myself. Besides I could then try and take care of some of the kids maybe we can set up an orphanage or just a mansion where the kids can stay safe and run about."

Sonya smiled, for once she was actually worried about someone else's well-being, even while she attended church she hadn't ever provided to the charity. It was a long time ago when she was last able to pray about anything pleasant in her life. At this point she was on the precipice staring down over the edge of Aincrad every other night staring into that endless void only to be responded with one answer. God was indeed dead in here.

@Kit

She beamed at Sonya for talking about an orphanage. She had wanted to do that as well for a long time. It struck her soft spot and she nodded with a smile.
"In the real world, I'm a teacher. So I very much like that idea. I can't have children of my own actually, some would call that luck but, I don't know sometimes. I'm around them all the time but I can't consider any of the kids my kids. They are in a way but I can't really gush about my students or they'll try to get away with who knows what you know." she tapped the toe of her shoe on the ground. "Anyways." she looked off and then opened up her menu. "This is what I bought at Hei's shop."

A black leather long coat and suit went around Kit. It was snug but that was because of the material, it moved with her of course and she stretched.

"It had +2 loot on it so I'm hoping I'll have more luck finding some materials here." it gave her a small bonus but a bonus nonetheless.  "If we do that I'll go item gathering, maybe I can convince other players to trade for food items. The food here tastes really good and I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on that. I'm kind of a foodie at heart, how about you Sonya? What's your favorite kinds of foods?" she asked as she prowled around looking for some materials.

@Sonya

109364 Loot: 7 + 2 = 9 not high enough

Edited by Kit

Sonya blinked and looks up, "I mean I can always just help you create one instead if it means that much to you I don't want to step on your toes you were the one who led me to them it ought to be you who runs it I think. My brother was always the responsible one with my business helping me run and keep my designing industry afloat amidst the other clothing designers. Though I wouldn't mind opening something up with you both of us working financially to support the kids and making sure that everyone has a room even yourself." Sonya clearly understood the reason for the beam, it wasn't often that she received looks like that but when she did she often knew the exact reasoning behind it. "Who is Hei?"

Sonya asked curiously, it wasn't often she heard about others in the game, she herself had only met two people that she had begun to friend between Kit and Enna. Both pleasant in their own ways. Sadly it felt like Kit might have been a bit more highly strung then Enna. Perhaps it was how determined Kit was that made Sonya slightly nervous about her.  It didn't last long till she was suddenly asked about food, "Hmm what is my favorite meal ... I must admit I don't really think that hard when I am eating. As a model I try and just make sure I am not going hungry so I don't really overindulge."

@Kit

"I was looking at shops and happened on his while I was out. I thought if I go out searching for materials for a quest or shop it might be useful you know," she explained. "Setting something up for the children would be so nice." she inwardly was giving Sonya a lot of praise. She touched her soft spot and wanted to do what she could for the woman.

She's so kind and thoughtful, a nice place for the kids would be amazing. Then they'd have a nice place to stay in. She thought to herself mentally praising Sonya.

She nodded to her feeling a comradery like the connection between herself and the other woman. Maybe it was because she was so invested in helping the children. Though she didn't want to take anything away from the cleric like players either. It'd be a long road and a hard one at that.

"As for room for myself I have gone into some shops and there seems to be an option to have a bedroom above or off to  the side of it, which I think is neato." She shrugged a bit. "I think once we gain our jobs it won't be so hard to have a bed at least. I'd like to find a plot of land to set up shop near yours if that's okay." She thought about what Sonya stated. "Mhm, but what food tickles your fancy though? Like, if you had a choice of what food you could have stocked and ready to go at anytime day or night, what might that be?" she asked curiously.  "I think for me it'd be catfish with some lemon on it and a side of watermelon. I love watermelon." she licked her lips thinking about it. "And to drink, a Pinot Noir or champaign. Though if I had my pick it'd be tequila rose. However in all seriousness, a good champaign or pinot noir is better to compliment it. I had that once with a friend." She remembered the detective that she visited back home but she was starting to forget his face.
She smiled as she put the first material into her inventory.

"Hey that's one down." she smiled happily. "If you ever need to barrow the loot coat let me know okay. The more wealth we get the easier life will be for us and I don't know about you, but I'm an expensive taste kind of gal."

ID# 109451 results 14 +2 = 16 <3
1 mat found

@Sonya

Edited by Kit

As the quest continued, Sonya paused her gaze cast back toward the lucky girl who seemed to not be in as dire need as she herself was back when she started off on these quests. Truth be told, she felt like if her adventure with Enna was to be jotted down it would have taken up several pages of a forum. Forum rp's were always her cup of tea, more so then video games and even to a point socializing. She knew how to throw parties, put on a show and even express such undying gratitude to her guests. The facade though sometimes fell short, perhaps it was just that she was growing tired or weak but she assumed that both her parents had the two children set up in the finest hospital or their own rooms with a continuous iv drip of sustenance. Frankly she wondered how they managed to guarantee their life support this long without any hiccups. Presumably generators were running both their physical health and their game systems else most of them would have died after the first power surge.

Sonya then peeked back up and smiled, "I must admit I am use to living with my brother most of my life so it's just a bit scary I guess to start off my own shop without his aid and then to live in it while waiting for customers. It's all so different compared to the real world where you wait for morning turn over and hike your way out of bed and into your place of work. Here though we can simply live and expect our safety zones to present anyone of ill intent from trespassing. I must admit that I do miss drinking, that was some of my best nights ... and worse ones. If I had to eat anything I would probably want an omlet laced with cheese, bacon sausage, onions and maybe some minced spinach."

@Kit

Kit looked at her. Sonya seemed to have confidence if you didn't know her, but in truth, she seemed as scared as the kids at the church, well, maybe not that scared. It only seemed to spur Kit on in investing in having a place for each other. There was no reason not to, and she wasn't about to have her new friend to have to feel like she was downgraded from her real-world life. Then again Kit was also just getting used to the idea of pretending the real world just didn't exist at this point. This was home and she currently didn't feel like she was the one to beat the game, so she'd let someone else do it instead.

"I'll try to remember that." She smiled happily." She opened up her menu bar and wrote it down instead just to make sure she had everything if she decided to go pick it up later for her. Which she likely will. "Hey, Sonya, it's okay if you count on me. I don't mind. You might be higher level than me now, but I'll catch up, and if there's something you don't want to do, you let me know and I'll do my best." she couldn't really help on the drinking part. "Maybe if we force ourselves to stay up a few nights we'll get loopy or something. Would that work?" she wasn't sure if she herself liked this plan as she'd likely pass out at an early time whether she liked it or not.

She kept looking around for more materials.

ID# 109511 results: LD 16+2= 18
2 out of 5
@Sonya

Edited by Kit

As she watched, the girl smiled her cheeks a rosy red as she felt so relieved that anyone else was willing to see it through. Sonya herself was like those kids in this game though despite her best intentions to hide that she put on a strong face but everyone once in a while a quiver of the leg or arm took control of her motor functions in game. Sonya then blushed at the  remark of Kit who seemed to have the confidence that Sonya only strove for in life, the girl nods and looks down. "Well hopefully as soon as I open up my own shop I will have all the customers I need to help start up a successful business. Although I might need some assistance with entertainers and merchants to help assess a good venue and means of conducting this business. I just need a little less faith and a bit more determination on my own part. After all no one got anywhere without their own handwork so get back to it you are already on a roll with the material search."

"I think that a night of drinks would be a great way to wind down the night, I frankly know that I have been a little wound up so a bit of alcohol would probably help unwind." Sony then slide over a bit and gave Kit a firm hug, "So I will keep an eye out for monsters while you knock this quest out of the park I have a feeling that after we are done here we could go find a nice place to eat maybe one with a kid menu so we can treat them to a delicious meal."

@Kit

She smiled watching Sonya change a little bit. She nodded at the newfound confidence she had. She trusted Sonya to look out for monsters for them. If she saw and they'd have to move quickly. Eventually Kit would have to try to kill her first monster, but if she could help it, it wouldn't be today.

"No worries, as a merchant you can always look to me, okay. Might even give you a discount." She smiled happily and gave Sonya a playful wink. Of course, she would until they could both get on their feet, that was for sure. She returned the hug and watched behind Sonya to make sure they were all right. She gave the woman a light squeeze before letting go.

"Drinks and food sound great! I can't wait to have some soba noodles and some tea again." she smiled blissfully. This only proved she was a foodie person. "Oh, we could bring them back burgers or something if we find a decent chef! That'd be cool, sometimes NPCs give out free food on this floor. "Okay back at the task at hand I'm sure I can find what I need here." she kept looking for more materials. "I'll try not to take long okay." She smiled. "Hey Sonya, what kinds of outfits would you put me in, just so I have sort of warning first." she laughed nervously.

As she looked around she smiled a bit.
"That's three out of five, I'm almost done Sonya, we can get a move on pretty soon. Maybe there's another place to look so I don't run out of materials in this area."

109687 Loot: 10 + 2 = 12 (quest says you can find items on an 11 or higher making it easier for the quest found <3)
3 out of 5
@Sonya

Edited by Kit

As the stroll continued, Sonya's amazement in Kit's ability to find materials so easily astounded her still. It felt like she was ready to complete it in half the time even with a later start due to her arrival in the start. Her cheeks burned red as she noticed the wink and then a quick hug to her  front. Sonya's eyes closed as she used this quick moment to recall. A memory of her brother holding her tight in her darkest hour was the only one that returned in this game, the rest all were of the day when her brother told her to stand by and wait for his return. Countless walks to the monument of life revealed that he lived, but why he hadn't returned or if he had while she was out. It didn't really matter though, Sonya was at fault for not staying patient as always she was a bit to eager to continue forward. She could have been sipping tea and working with him right now and that was the only idea she had on her mind.

"I can't believe you are doing so well, I was way slower then you in my search and I even had help I'm just sorta sitting here at this point with the rate you are scanning over this environment. I guess I should really go buy myself something that increases the loot drop bonuses. I just haven't gotten use to the shopping aspect of this game yet." She frowned, "Is it possible to somehow ask for others to use you purchases for yourself to buy  new gear?"

@Kit

"Do you mean you want to give someone money to buy your gear? Is that it?" Kit asked curiously. "So if you need help figuring out what to buy I'm sure I can help you. Do you like dodging or taking the brunt of the damage? I've ready up on the different types of armor and it's good to know if you want to use something big and sturdy to absorb damage and not take much to your hp or risk it and be really hard to hit with mediocre damage absorb from the armor that won't hurt your hp.  I guess I know about the items because I want to open up a merchant shop. Also, some of the shops on floor one are meant to help out lower level players, usually because the higher-ups are on higher floors and that's who the frontliners to. The well-known masters of the trade. You know." She tapped her chin. "We can go shopping sometime if you'd like, see what fits you if you'd want." She wasn't sure Sonya would like to do that or not.

She stretched and moved to a river that ran by and followed that for a bit. She looked to Sonya and reached down and tried to splash her playfully.

"Hehe, heads up Sonya!" She grinned mischievously.  "Maybe we can come back here and have some fun if it's not too dangerous." she wanted to keep her guard up and thought she saw something shimmering.

She bent down to pick it up, but she left herself exposed to a splash attack. Though she thought it'd be fun to actually enjoy the game and not treat it like a death game. This was life now and it sometimes would bleed into Kit's mind that this was the reality.  In a way, she was happy to be here in this world because she got to meet Sonya and many others. Still, time would tell how it would affect her but until then she'd keep living.

"I hope you don't mind, but it's easier for me to pretend this is....Real....You know...." Kit said searching in the river.
ID# 109733 results: 15 +2 = 17
4 out of 5
Almost done <3

"All right just one more." She said bright-eyed and finally looked up at Sonya.
@Sonya

Edited by Kit

Sonya paused, she realized that it probably wasn't best to just offer up money to others most of them probably would just walk away with it as they too could just buy their own gear and be off with it. As she thought about it she looked back to kit and shook her head, "No I just am so bad at games that I suppose I would want a little moral support while going into my first shop. You know make sure that I'm not being ripped off and the like as I don't really know the recommended prices and whether or not you can haggle down another player with possible suggestions in the future? I mean I could quite easily become a well known tailor but I doubt they don't already have someone who they will go off for."

Sonya clapped her hands before holding out  a hand, "Well you are doing quite well at this quest I only wish I had been so lucky my first time perhaps you will be able to help me search for materials in the future. We could take turns and just gather supplies for one another shops and in response we can send out orders that we make while practicing to one another." She smiled It was then that she saw the river and smiled only to squeak as she was splashed and cringed looking back now with a playful demeanor. "Like to get your friends wet huh?" She then lunged forward to tackle Kit into the river if she wasn't ready wearing a playful face.

"Get ready kit!"

@Kit

"Don't you worry Sonya. I'll make sure you don't get hustled out of your money. I'm pretty good at finding deals. You just leave it to me, though I would suggest going to Hei's for a free rare armor, he's a tailor if you wanted to go that route.  This way you don't have to worry about wasting materials and you can talk to another tailor at the same time. Maybe he needs an apprentice of sorts. It's not perfect armor but it's something you know?"

She kept looking for materials

# 109888 results: 16 ld+2 = 18

She smiled happily and put the final material away.

"Hey Sonya I managed to do it," she said with an air of confidence.
As she heard Sonya speak she looked up at the woman.
"Sounds like I wouldn't get anything out of the deal if you're saying you're not that efficient you know." She teased the woman. "If I have some to spare I'm sure I'll share with you but only if I can spare it, I've got to have a certain capital per week before I think about charity. Can't help others if I can't help myself first." She explained.

She wasn't about to give out promises and she wanted to make sure she could handle herself too. Money talked and got her where she wanted to go, and if she was going to start up a guild and take care of others, what kind of person would she be if she couldn't take care of herself? She looked up at Sonya when she asked if she liked to get her friends wet. It wasn't the first time she heard that. With her musical talents, she often heard that she would send shivers up many people's spines, or got them to feel something sensual in one way or another.

"Get ready for what?" she asked looking up at the woman.

@Sonya

Edited by Kit

Sonya laughed as Kit turned to face her, after the splash she decided to take it up on more notch as she would tackle into Kit both girls would be tumbling down into the shallow of the  river as the girl smiled. "No one splashes me without retaliation." Her recent position would have Sonya's legs basically mounted on either side of Kit's body. A pleasant smile and completely drenched clothes and hair clung to her body as they got a bet farther down into the shallows then she had initially intended. "Anyway I do believe that this counts as a win for myself and a loss on your part for not being more vigilant of your surroundings. Besides I'm the best designer you could ever know so anything I create will be gorgeous beyond compare. So long as the game gods are generous to me as I really hate how this crafting and looting is completely luck based."

She said with a sigh, her own fixture over top of Kit now not as sturdy as it once was if she had intended to gain the upper hand once more in their playful ploy. "Hmm I probably should have gone for a full body check as I could have just pushed you in without getting my only pair of vanity clothing wet. Twenty twenty hinesight I suppose."
@Kit