[SP-F1] Dark Dealings (Familiar Quest)

Shade had just heard some old hage ramble on about how it was possible to tame one of the game's monsters, and make it fight for it's new master. "Oh please..." Shade said to himself, as he tipped back in his chair at an inn. He doubted it was possible, and this was just another one of Kayaba's ways to trick more players to an untimely death. But, if it was true, than this would make for a huge upper hand in the game. Shade grumbled and decided the only way to get the idea out of his head was to simply do it.

Shade stood up and looked outside. Night. He sighed with relief at the time of day and made his way to the door. This late, most players would be indoors. Which was fine by Shade. He hated crowds. And he hated all the people who kept trying to approach him. He opened the door of the inn and looked around outside. Only a few torches illuminated the dull town.

He walked out of the inn and started down the brick street. Putting his hands in his pockets as he walked. He felt something hit his leg, and he stopped to look down. A piece of paper wrapped around his shin and flapped in the wind. He picked it up and examined it. "Underground combat...?" He said aloud as he read the poster.

"A contest for those with power. A tournament for a prize will be held and only one can have it. Losers lose the contest, and walk home with nothing. The victor will recieve a special egg for their own uses... Hmph. Guess I have no other promising options." He said, as he crumpled up the paper and tossed it away.

He walked through the dimly lit town of night, seemingly silently as he kept walking through the ally-ways. As he went about his way, he can to an ally with a black gate blocking his way. Two larger players glared at him and Shade glared back. "I heard there was a fight here." He said cooly. The two players grunted and glared at him.

"Yeah, but this is only for adults. Little kids should go home." Tweedle-Dee said and Dweedle-Dum made an idiotic laugh at his friend's remark. "Yeah kid, run home to mommy." Shade frowned and scoffed. "I bet I could take on the two of you worms in a fight right now. Unless, you're scared to lose to me?"

Tweedle-Dee snarled and took an axe off of his belt. "What did you just say to me?" Shade frowned again and glared at the player. "I. Am. Better. Than both of you." As he spoke, Shade drew his cutlass from his side and held it in an upside-down grip, his own fighting style. "Mitch, get 'em!" The first one yelled, and Mitch pulled a two-handed hammer from his back. "Hehe... This'll be fun, kid!"

Shade took a stance and made a frown at the brick-head. "Simply thrilling." He said back, as he recieved a death-duel invite. He clicked 'Accept' and stood at the ready, holding his cutlass as he stared down the other player, who cringed when they met eyes. '3...2...1...Go." Shade took off and thrust his sword in an upward slice, giving him the first attack.

[shade Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Shade HP: 5/5

Mitch HP: 4/5

Shade sent a slash up Mitch's chest, making the player yell with pain as the toothed blade cut through him. "You little brat!" He yelled, as he stumbled back. His health moved down slowly as he regain balance. "I'll kill you!" The player yelled as he ran at Shade, who looked up with an un-ammused face. "Really?

[Mitch Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Shade side-stepped and the hammer collided with the ground, making Mitch yelp at the force of his hammer hitting a <>. Shade scoffed and looked at the fool. "Please. Give it up now and let me in." Mitch roared and Shade sighed. "Guess you only recognize power... Well here, have it!" He yelled as he ran another slash at Mitch.

[shade Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Mitch tripped over while raising his hammer and avoided Shade's attack. "Damn it!" Shade rasped as Mitch realized he hadn't been hit. "Ha! What did I say kid? Jerry, this kid is all bark and no bite!" He laughed again and then swung his hammer. "I'll show you what I am!" Shade yelled as reacted to the hammer coming at him.

[Mitch Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Shade parried the hammer and sent it to the ground again, making Mitch yell again. "You stupid little brat!" He yelled as he stumbled. Shade scoffed and raised his cutlas. "I'm the brat? I believe I already told you, I am what I want to be! I am power!" He then thrust down in a stabbing motion on Mitch.

[shade Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Mitch rolled out of the way and he breathed heavily as he stood up, panting with fatique at his hammer took it's weight toll on him. "Really? You're sweating already. And I don't think you can keep up with me." Mitch wiped swear from his head and yelled at Shade. "Shut up! Eat me!" He yelled as he swung the large hammer.

[Mitch Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Shade dashed out of the way and looked back at the brute with his ruby eyes. "Your weakness disgusts me." He said, as he slid on the ground and used the momentum to come back with an attack. He let his sword glow red as he activated a sword skill. If landed correctly, this would land three hits, and show that Shade was worthy to enter.

-Skill cooldown after three rounds-

[shade Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage x3

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage x3

Mitch HP: 1/5

Mitch screamed as he felt three powerful blows rip through him. Shade finished his three slashes and then glared at Mitch, now a worthless heap on the ground. "Please! I'm sorry! Just don't hurt me!" He begged as he tried to stand. Shade glared at him and his red eyes held the look of blood. "Sorry, but this is a death duel. There can be only one." Mitch stared in horror and then picked up his hammer, running at Shade again.

[Mitch Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Shade HP: 4/5

Mitch HP: 1/5

Shade felt the hammer crunch into his ribcage and he coughed from the force. It was truly amazing how one can muster up new strength when faced with extreme measures. Shade skidded back and took a few breaths, ragaining composure. "It's over. I'm sending you straight to Hell! Let's finish this!" He yelled, as he did an upward-cut towards Mitch.

[shade Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Shade HP: 4/5

Mitch HP: 0/5

Shade felt his cutlass run through the player's body, slicing him in half as he released a final slew of swears. She brushed a few strands of hair out of his eyes as he looked to Jerry, who's mouth gaped open and no words escaped. <> Shade scoffed and then looked to Jerry. "Now, it seems I also leveled-up from that fight as well. And unless you don't want to become the same, let me in. Now."

Jerry gulped and took a few long breaths. "...I...I'll kill you!" He said as he sent a death duel invite. Shade sighed and looked at it. He didn't want to do more sensless killing, but on the other hand, he did need to get into the underground. And with the way things looked, there was no way Jerry was going to step down and open the door for him.

He sighed and clicked 'Yes'. Jerry got his one-handed axe ready and looked at Shade angrily. "Get ready... I'm going to kill you..." Shade scoffed and drew his cutlass again, gripping the hilt as the curved blade pointed to the ground. "I'll make it brief for you." Shade said as the timer clicked down. "...3...2...1..Go." Shade was too fast, and made the first move. His blade glowed blood-red as he made three slashes.

-Three turn cooldown-

[shade Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage x3

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage x3

Shade HP: 9/9

Jerry HP: 2/5

Jerry yelled with pain as the slashes ran through his body, stumbling back and clutching himself as the slashes did their damage. "You... Little Creep..." He rasped as he readied his axe. "Now you die! No more games!" He rushed at Shade with the axe and hacked wildly.

[shade Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Shade HP: 9/9

Jerry HP: 2/5