[SP-F1] Dark Dealings (Familiar Quest)

Shade avoided each slash and then kicked Jerry back. "Ha. You have no idea how ammusing this is. First I kill your friend, and now here you stand before me, all ready to go straight to Hell." He gripped his cutlass and glared at Jerry. "Enjoy your last few breaths! Because this is what happens when I am put in a corner!" He then slashed.

[shade Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Shade HP: 9/9

Jerry HP: 2/5

Shade's cutlass was parried as Jerry stood up again. "Die! I hate you!" Jerry screamed as he fought for his life. Shade was drawn back a little by how much Jerry was doing to kill him. Jerry began to hack and slash with the axe again while swearing and cussing out Shade.

[Jerry Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Shade HP: 9/9

The axe dug into Shade's shoulder with a spiteful crunch. Jerry laughed and tried to push it in deeper. "Hah! Eat it, you little twerp! Now your dead! I'm going to kill you!" Shade grabbed the handle of the axe and slowly pulled it out from his shoulder. "You still don't get what I've been saying, do you?" Jerry looked down at him as the axe was pulled out. "What?" He asked, stepping back. "Don't. Underestimate me." Shade said, raising his sword.

[shade Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Shade HP: 7/9

Shade missed as Jerry laughed. "Ha! You little good for nothing brat! You really don't have any tricks, do you!?" Shade growled and stepped back, making sure to put space between Jerry and himself. A few mistakes and Jerry just goes back to thinking he's nothing. Jerry then swung the axe again.

[Jerry Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage

Shade side-stepped and looked at Jerry again. "I'm getting sick of this. Now, I'm going to finish this, and then I'm going to enter!" He charged his cutlass, making it blood-red again, and did his skill, sending three slashes. "I will finally finish you! Get ready to see your friend again!" He said with a growl, as he got ready to finish the job.

[shade Battle Roll]

1-5 Miss

6-8 Hit, 1 Damage x3

9-10 Crit, 2 Damage x3

Jerry HP: 0/5

Jerry exploded in a flash of blue shards and crimson energy. Shade's slashes sent a waved of renewed strength through him as he destroyed his opponent. "Enjoy Hell." He said, as he sheathed his cutlass. <>. He dusted off his coat and looked to the message, displaying his victory of the death duel. "Hmph." He grunted, as he closed the window.

Shade cracked his knuckles and opened the black-grate door, creaking as it opened. He let it hang open as he looked down into the long, dark stairwell. "Well, this is the way." He said, as he crossed his arms across his chest and desended into the darkness of the underground.

Shade walked down the stairs until he came to a wooden door. He knocked and a small visor opened, with a pair of eyes glaring at him. "Who are you?" The man behind the door asked as Shade looked back. "My name is Shade. Now let me in before I bust this damn door down."

The man behind the door grunted and then the rattling of locks could be heard as the door opened. Shade scoffed and then walked in. He saw tables with people arguing and hitting eachother, with the occasional arm-wrestling, and it was all surrounding a large cage with spikes poining to the inside, making a dome-shape while two players fought inside, both with orange crystals. "What kind of place is this..?" Shade said with a hint of disgust.

"This is the underground. You came here for this, right?" The large burly man at the door said, stepping up behind Shade. "You fight in the tournament, if you win, you get the prize. We have players here who have been training for weeks to get where they are, so what makes you so special, punk?"

Shade grunted and walked on without answering. He watched players fighting in the pit and doing flat-out brutal methods to kill the enemy. Shade cringed but walked on, not wanting to stay near that nasty bit of killing. As he kept moving, he saw the prize on a pedestal. It was a black, rocky looking egg with red cracks on it.

Shade then scoffed and turned around, nobody was watching him. "Hey! Somebody killed the two guards outside!" He yelled, and everyone got their attention. People flooded out to go see and Shade just turned back to the pedestal. "Hmph. This is like taking candy from a baby, which is fine by me." He said, as he grabbed the egg and put it in his inventory.

Everyone came back in and everything returned to normal, until one person yelled out that the egg was missing. Everyone began to yell and attack each other as distress broke amongst the crowed. Shade stood on a table and saw a person leaving. "There! I saw that player take it!" Shade yelled, and everyone began going after the one who left.

Shade slid off the table and walked outside, casually crossing his arms as he walked the opposite direction of the crowd. "That was so oversimplified I'm almost disappointed..." He felt something shudder and the egg automatically came out of his inventory. "What the-?" He started until the egg cracked open, a small dragon looking up at him as it emerged. It screeched and the mob of players stopped shouting from afar, then making their way towards Shade.

Shade scoffed and looked towards the approaching mob. "Tch, damn it..." He mumbled, as the players approached closer. The small dragon squirmed in Shade's arms before worming it's way out, running to the mob. "Hey! What the hell!?" Shade yelled, as the dragon ran. It looked back, then looked to the crowed. It opened it's mouth and sprayed a flash of red flames on the mob, burning and scorching them as they screamed and ran. The dragon turned back and flew to Shade, landing on his shoulder and licking his cheek. "...Burner... I'll call you Burner..." Shade said, as the dragon's health bar appeared on his HUD. "Come Burner, we have... Work, to do."

-COMPLETE-