[PP-F1] Overgrowing the Wall «Secret Medicine of the Forest»

Mace was walking around hearing about a quest in a village on floor 1, Mace did not really like floor one of the many people around there but it was most likely going to be the best chance to level up a bit more for sure. Walking into the Village, Mace was wearing some blue and white leather armor with a 4 feet tall shield on her back with two golden wings and a mace on it, and on her hip was sitting a Hammer with quite a nasty spike on it for sure. Once inside the Village Mace talked to the quest giver and she accepted the quest so she could start leveling up a bit. Her Dark blue hair moved on the wind a bit and she got a light smile off enjoying the loneliness here.

walking to the gate of the Village two other players walked up to her, "Hey there Girl, How about you join us in that quest, it would be fun," One said while the other moved around Mace a bit inspecting her. "Piss off," Mace said fast putting her hand on her Hammer. "Ooh ooh, A fighting one, this will be even more fun then, Why don't you join us then," One said again grabbing Mace her arm trying to drag her with them, but something happened that both players did not suspect and the one grabbing her got smashed in the face by Mace with her fist, "KEEP YOUR HAND OFF ME," She yelled at them before getting her Hammer up pointing it at them.

The two players looked at each other and back to Mace and nodded, "Okay we get it, you witch. No wonder nobody was with you," they said leaving Mace alone walking off to the wilderness again. Once they were out of few Mace placed her Hammer on her hip again and got a weak smile, "See your little sister is not weak, next time I will show them who really is the boss here," Mace said low looking up into the air with a smile. forgetting about her surroundings a bit

@Emerath

"You know, that's not a good way to make friends," Emerath called out from a tree branch above the girl who had just fended off some other adventurers. A snow white barn owl on the man's shoulder gave a hoot in agreement, though the creature probably had no idea what her master was on about. Emerath gave her a pat on the head anyway, as he finished sketching out some notes with a quill on a piece of paper draped over his leg. It had taken him quite some time to get used to climbing trees and using that to sketch the landscape. The biggest issue had been the heights, but after standing on mountaintops, trees seemed like ants in comparison. As with anything, all it took was time and practice.

After his statement, Emerath rolled up his map, and put it in a small brown satchel hanging from his side, along with the quill, after cleaning the ink from it with a small rag. He hopped down from the tree branch, his heavy long coat flowing behind him. The man wore a simple tie and vest, with black slacks beneath his long coat, and appeared to be a bit dusty, most likely from quite a bit of recent travel and climbing. He wore no weapons, though a perceptive person would notice black wrappings around his black gloves, giving him away as a martial artist.

Emerath looked over the woman, regardless of how much attention she paid to him. He wouldn't doubt she cared little, given how she had just handled the adventurers who bothered her moments before, but Emerath never let that stop him or bother him before. He noted the warhammer and shield, and couldn't help but chuckle, "You know, my brother uses a warhammer. I thought he was the only one for the longest time. But then I started seeing more and more. Now you're one of many." Emerath paused, and folded his arms over his chest, "So where are you off to in such a solitary rush?"

When hearing the voice Mace turned around but seeing nobody, Then looking up she saw a guy sitting in the tree right above her. Mace her face looked without emotions up to the guy and just looked a bit unimpressed as well. "Who said that I make friends," Mace said with a disappointed face until seeing the Familiar of the guy. She scanned the guy up and down and nodded upon seeing his hands and knew right away he was one of those guys who beat a rock. 

Once the guy started talking again Mace looked the other way, "Why are you telling me this... I did not ask for it," She said sounding uninterested to what he was telling. Even if she did not sound like it, she did care about it and her face kind of gave it away. But once he asked about what she was going to do she turned to him quickly with a surprised look, "WHy do you want to know, And why should I tell you," Mace said huffing a bit to the guy before letting out air "Ok, but stop asking," She said with a sigh and turned now fully to him, "Doing this Medicine quest," She said quick before moving past the gate of the village before coming to a stop and turning to him, "I be going now, I will allow you to follow,"  SHe said sounding happy but then "NOT THAT I WANT YOU TO," She said sounding a bit angry as she said that. 

It was clear that Mace did not trust him but she also wanted to hear a bit more about that Familiar of his. Her face was turning from mad to interested in his story quite fast. But she did not want to show it that she was interested in him at all and his story. s you could say it she was a bit of a Tsun but a bit more aggressive in trusting anyone. At least Her face saw giving away she did not trust him and eyed him the whole time and while everytime he spoke she did listen but was acting like she did not care.

@Emerath

Emerath folded his arms and watched the woman's response with a raised eyebrow, and a bemused smile playing at the corner of his lips. It was like watching a ping pong match of emotions going off in front of him. As she asked questions, a part of him considered actually answering them, but then she would cut off the last question with an acceptance of no answer and move to another. Finally, he managed to get the quest name, and the bemused smile became a knowing one. "Ah yes, Secret Medicine of the Forest. One of the few quests I've actually done before," he said, stroking his chin with a nod.

As the woman turned away from him once again, he gave her some distance, but then followed anyway. "Well, since I'm allowed to follow, I may as well. You see, I'm exploring all the floors, mapping them out by hand. Despite that this is an archaic method, and one that is wholly unnecessary thanks to the UI, it's something that I find rather calming," he explained. As he walked, he pulled a jar of worms from his pockets, and fed some to the owl on his shoulder, who happily accepted the treat with a soft coo. "As for some of your other questions, I told you of my brother, because I wanted something to open up on that was a bit more relatable than 'Do a quest with me because I'm an annoying adventurer!' or some such. You seemed to turn that down outright anyway," he remarked with a chuckle.

"And as for why I wanted to know what you were doing, well, boredom and curiosity, simple as that. See, I've marked down a lot of the floors on my map, and I'm running out of things to do until Floor 24 opens up. So, here I am, offering to help passing adventurers. If you had really denied me, well, I probably would have gone and followed that other group that you so viciously ran off." Emerath shrugged, and the bemused smile returned to his face as he waited to see if the ping pong match was about to start again.

@Mace

Edited by Emerath

Mace was walking as the guy walked behind her, she did not really show it to him but he already got her interesting. Even if Mace did not show it she was quite happy that at least someone was going to be with her, she did not know many people at it seemed that at least one person. Once getting a bit faster while she was listening to the guy but then he started to ask her something. "How are we relatable, Just because I use a warhammer does not make me want to be like your brother, I just use it because of the high stun," Mace said turning around looking at the guy as they walked back as he then asked the next thing Mace looked a bit angry, "If you really bored you should not be with me, I will just smash plants. And Following those two would be just a waste of time, they were weaker than me so they probably wanted me as a meat shield," Mace said.

She then turned around as her face became red, "Not that I like that you come with me, It is just... Um... Just that... Your stories sound cool," Mace said low before turning again walking back yet again, "Not that I like your company, you just here okay, I really don't need a babysitter." Mace said sounding angry again. It was clear Mace did not want people to care about her but this not want to push people away at all but really tried hard.

@Emerath

Emerath watched with more wild bemusement as the woman went between berating him, and explaining how she absolutely didn't but kinda did want him there but he wasn't supposed to know that. He believed that was called a Tsundere, in the anime world back in real life. He hadn't watched much anime outside of SAO. Being a straight A, straight lace student took too much time for that. He was lucky he got any time to even play the odd video game and MMO with his two friends. And now he was here, vaguely understanding a woman who played directly into an anime trope that he wish he had gotten to understand a bit better before he had met her. He shrugged, and waited for her to finish her mental ping pong match once again, before allowing himself to speak once again.

"You know, to be honest. I don't think Endilix actually paid any attention to why he picked the warhammer. I think he just picked it because smashing things with a hammer seemed cool. So you might be right, there isn't much in common there. But he is a tank, and wields a shield while wearing heavy armor, so perhaps there is some similar thoughts between you. Who knows? I'm completely different. I punched a rock for two or three days and nearly killed myself just so I could punch other things. Ah, those were the days." Emerath said, a reminiscent tone in his voice, as he chuckled and tried his best to match the pace of the woman, while still giving her enough distance.

"Honestly, if you want to hear stories, I"m sure I can think of plenty to tell to keep us occupied. I've been around the block a few times. Besides, I think being bored and smashing plants is just the perfect day to waste away an afternoon. It beats sitting in a tree listening to adventurers yell at each other." Another chuckle, before Emerath took on a bit more of a thoughtful tone, "Though, you know, now that you mention it. There has been a rather odd lack of angry man eating plants. You have to be careful on this quest. They blend into the forest rather well until you step on one, and then it eats you without warning. It isn't pretty. Though I'm sure with all that metal on you, it'd just spit you back out again no problem."

@Mace

Mace looked back at the guy as he spoke it seemed like those things were going to be interesting, If the plants were hidden in plain sight it would mean that it was going to be hard for her to spot them. Mace Nodded a bit to what he said and kept walking on "So... I look like your Brother, Thanks for the saying that, you look like a ... hobo," She said being a bit misunderstanding what the guy said bit also taking what he said as a bad thing. She huffed a bit as he spoke again, "Stories are good But don't think I accept you being around me, I just keep you around for the Stories you could tell me," Mace said with a grunt before taking a stare at something not far from them.

It seemed to get to location But there was no Nepent around to be seen until a vine jumped them both on then and hits Mace on the back, Lucky for Mace she was still holding her shield on her back and she took it out the moment it got hit and made a small dodge to then stare at the plant. Her face was emotionless and you could see nothing then pure focus on the girls face she was ready to fight this thing but was not sure how to go about this thing.

ID: # 109739 | BD: 4 | Miss
MD: 10 | Major Crit | 3+2= 5-27= 1 Dmg

Mace: Hp 79/80 | En 6/8 | Mit 27 | Dmg 4
@Emerath

Nepent: Hp 7/7 | Dmg 3

Edited by Mace

When the girl had taken the what he had said the wrong way, Emerath couldn't help but laugh. And then she called him a hobo, and he laughed even harder. He supposed he was covered in the dirt and dust of quite a bit of travel. He laughed for a good minute, before, he caught his breath, and as he tried to stifle the rest of his laughter he managed, "No, no, you look nothing like my brother. He's a rather athletic man who looks exactly like me. Just a bit more muscular. He's my identical twin, after all. It's just simply a similar choice in armor and weapons, is all."

Once Emerath had managed to clear his laughter, letting a couple more chuckle escape his lips, it seemed that it was finally time for the forest to come alive, as he had anticipated. A vine smacked into the girl, though it seemed to do little to her actual health bar. That was good to see. The girl had at least come prepared. Now it was Emerath's turn to show that he had a bit more than stories up his sleeve. A quick few button presses in his inventory, and the man was covered in an entirely new outfit. He looked like a Plague Doctor now, but in more of a leather armor combat attire than the long flowing dress that most plague doctors of the ancient histories wore.

Once equipped, Emerath ran at the plant, and made an attempt to grab onto the main stalk of the creature. This didn't work as well as he had hoped, as the creature burrowed into the ground as he slid over the dirt where it had once been, before stumbling back to his feet. All that remained was a dust cloud and a hole where the creature had dug into the soft soil. Emerath looked around, his mask cutting through the air like a knife, as he called out, "Crap, did you see where it went? I can't tell which plant it is in all this foliage." His voice was muffled through the mask, now ringing a bit hollow in his own ears, but he hoped the girl could still hear him fine.

**Combat Details**

Spoiler
  • ID: 109741
    • BD: 1 (Critical Miss)
  • @Mace: HP 79/80 | EN 6/8 | MIT 27 | DMG 4 | Hate: 0
  • Emerath: HP 380/380 | EN 36/38 | MIT 5 | DMG 7 | ACC +3 | Hate: 0
  • Nepent: HP 7/7 | DMG 3
Edited by Emerath

Mace looked around to see where it went and she was quite surprised by how fast the Nepent was, She looked around to hope and see the monster pop out but it seemed like it was not going to happen, "Gone!" Mace said fast looking around trying to see if she could find the monster but of no luck, what seemed to be happening was just a game of who shows his face first, It seemed that it was none of the three around here now. Mace Looked At the guy who has changed into different armor "Were Is it!" She said holding her shield in front of her and keeping a close watch to the grounds movement and the surrounding trees. It was not every time a monster was hiding from her and maybe it was not going to be the last, this Nepent was quite a good monster to fight but less intimidating than the wolves she has fought before, however, they still could not hurt her as either did this thing. "Is not fair!" Mace said looking still to the ground waiting for the monster to show its face and get smacked in the face by her hammer.

ID: # 109776 | BD: 5 | Miss
MD: 2 | Miss

Mace: Hp 79/80 | En 5/8 | Mit 27 | Dmg 4
@EmerathHP 380/380 | EN 36/38 | MIT 5 | DMG 7 | ACC +3 

H[0/0] Nepent: Hp 7/7 | Dmg 3

Edited by Mace

The Nepent was not ready to rear its ugly plant head again, but Emerath decided that the girl's shouting wasn't actually helping matters any. Instead, Emerath tried his best to focus, searching the surroundings through the mask's glass eyes. Nothing seemed out of place, until... a rustle. It was slight, but the bush had moved as Emerath's mask had turned to face it. Fear? Would a sentient plant feel fear? Emerath had never really considered the possibility before, not until now. Though honestly, if it hadn't considered fear before, it was certainly about to.

Emerath rushed into the bushes, and without a moment of hesitation this time, grabbed the stalk of the plant and pulled as hard as he could. There was a tearing of foliage and the heavy sound of moving dirt, as the plant was pulled root and all into the air and towards the woman standing with her mace at the ready. Emerath was attempting to give her something to do, as in smacking the plant as it sailed towards her, but it appeared that Emerath had been a bit too forceful. Instead, the plant exploded into pixels before it even got halfway.

Sheepishly, Emerath scratched his head as he walked out of the bushes and towards the woman, unequipping his mask and hood so that she could see his face again, though he remained garbed in the light armor itself. "Well, I tried not to kill it in one shot, you know, give you something to do. I guess these things are just too weak for that." Emerath shrugged, and gave her a half cocked smile, as he continued, trying to move past it with, "So, three more of those I think, then we go after the big mama plant."

**Combat Details**

Spoiler
  • ID: 109808
    • BD: 7 + 3 (Hit)
    • Basic Attack | 7 DMG to Nepent
  • @Mace: HP 79/80 | EN 5/8 | MIT 27 | DMG 4 | Hate: 0
  • Emerath: HP 380/380 | EN 36/38 | MIT 5 | DMG 7 | ACC +3 | Hate: 1
  • Nepent: HP 0/7 | DMG 3

-- Combat End --

Edited by Emerath
  • 2 weeks later...