[PP-F2] Dragon Hunting

A flash of blue light glows from the Teleport Pad as Seldentar steps off of it in the morning. Shadow appears behind him. Seldentar yawns, turning back waiting for his new friend to emerge. They had a long walk to get to the Dragon cave, and needed at least 3 stones to make a single crafting material, at least thats what the Info Broker had told him. Shaking his head, he simply waits for Yureka.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seldentar swipes his hand down, opening his System Menu. Scrolling down, he opens his Map Data for the floor.

"Alright, from what I heard there is a cave in this mountain range that has the dragons. To get there, we have to go through this forest here. Last time I was in that area, me and my friend Angel were attacked by a Giant Spider. We beat it, but those things are rarely alone, so we have to tread carefully or we could be in trouble."

He closes the Menu, and looks over to Yureka.

"Do you have any Teleport Crystals?"

Seldentar moves over to an NPC run shop, which has a selection of multicolored crystals. He looks them over, and after finding the blue Teleport Crystal, selects it. An option box appears in front of him, and he hits the circle. After the window closes, he walks over to Yureka, and throws the crystal to her.

"We are going to be going pretty far out, and if something bad happens, use this. It works just like the teleport pads, just hold the crystal up, and say Teleport, then say the name of the city you want to go to. I try to keep one on me at all times when I can afford to."

"oh, thanks" she replies clumsily catching the crystal and feeling a bit silly for not having thought about it before. "ok then are we ready?" she puts the crystal in her inventory and makes sure she has all her stuff organized for easy reference. she looks up at seld after closing her inventory and puts her hands in her pockets grinning "lead the way,i'll try not to mess anything up" she chuckled and fell in step beside him.

Seldentar nods, leading Yureka out of the Safe Zone. They cross through the field, entering a large forest. In the distance, a mountain range can be seen. Seldentar remembers fighting the Stone Guardian there that was strong enough to through him across the room. Shivering, he was glad that wasn't why they were there. The dragons were hopefully meant for lower level players, so together they should have no trouble dealing with them. He hums a song to himself as they walk, finally turning to Yureka.

"So, you don't look Japanese. Sorry if that sounds rude, I'm just surprised. Most of the people on SAO are, since thats where the game got released."

Yureka gave a half laugh and rubbed the back of her head, "yeah i'm american I've never even been to japan" she avoids mentioning the fact that she didn't buy the game sort of glossing over how she ended up playing and then ending with "I never thought it would end up like this you know" she looks over at seld walking in pace with her hands behind her.

Seld looks over at Yureka.

"Yeah, I bought a copy online and had someone rig my NervGear to auto translate for me. I hate waiting for games to hit the US, so i usually just get them from Japan and have my translation software take care of the rest for me. I get impatient. Looks like this time didn't pay off. My boss is probably so mad at me, I called out of work to play this on release day...."

Seld chuckles at that thought.

"Then again, he never really liked me anyway."

"ha, yeah something like that, I technically borrowed my boyfriends nervgear to play, he is most likely so pissed at me but then he was more into those simulation things anyway he didn't really like games." she rolled her eyes wondering what she would be doing if she hadn't decided to be the first american to hack into a VR game. sure she had done it but now that she was stuck in the game it wasn't as cool as she had thought, the game was awesome but the whole perma-death was well.. not. "so how much farther until we get to those dragons?" she asked seld glancing around to make sure there weren't any unexpected surprises about to pop up on them.

Seldentar listens as she talks, looking over at her when she mentions the borrowed NervGear.

"Hes probably more worried then anything. Although, in this situation, I'd probably joke about being mad when it was over."

Seld shakes his head. Over, what a concept. A few months in and they were still stuck on floor 7. He was working as hard as he could to catch up, but his smithing takes up a lot of time too, and he wasn't sure how long until he would be able to join the front lines. Looking around as they reach the beginnings of the rocky path that led up to the mountain area.

"According to the information I got, this path leads up to the cave where the dragons are. Ill need at least three stones to melt down to make a single usable material, so the more we get the better. "

"alright then lets do this!" she said with a grin on her face she walked down the path next to seld she smiles at the Nathan that Nathan could be worried about her it was possible she supposed but she knew enough about him to know better it was more likely that he found some other toy to hold his attention but it was a nice thought to hope for even if she knew it wasn't probable. she smiled to herself and started humming an old nursery rhyme about a bridge that kept falling down.

Seldentar leads the way, moving up the rocky path. It spirals up around the mountain, eventually leading to the mouth of a cave. Seldentar hesitates before going in.

"Hey, keep that crystal ready just in case ok? If I say to use it, don't question why, just go."

His hand reaches back behind his head, drawing his blood red blade from its Sheath. Staring at the mouth of the cave for a moment, he takes a step inside, shadow following behind him.

Yureka looks at Seld oddly but pulls the crystal out and holds it in her left hand while drawing her dagger with her right, following Seld into the cave cautiously. she watches behind them as she follow's making sure nothing takes them by surprise and also taking in the features of the cave itself, "this place is a bit creepy," she whispers almost to herself.

Seld leads the way into the cave, sword drawn as they move into the open cavern within. Looking around, they see the small Dragon type monsters flying around. They are contained in clusters of two or three, so they wouldn't have to fight the entire cave at once, at least from the way it looked. Seld looks back at Yureka, giving a friendly smile, and then begins to move towards the first grouping.

Yureka grins and follows moving along looking at the little dragon creatures almost sad to kill them they were really adorable, unfortunately they were also dangerous and standing between her and a fancy new dagger so die they must. she flipped her dagger in her hand readying herself for combat noting the aerial advantage of the dragons and adjusting her stance to defend from above.

Seldentar moves towards the first dragon, his sword at the ready. As he approaches, he triggers the motion activation for his sword skill . Jumping into the air, his sword starts to glow. With determination, he allows the sword guidance to help as he dives down, driving his blade into the dragon.

Seld: 17/17

Yureka: 13/13

Dragon 1: 4/8

Dragon 2: 8/8

Yureka smiles as she sees Seldentar make the first attack, she moves around and crouches low bringing her arm out to the side her dagger pointing forward. she jumps forward and turns underneath the other dragon slicing up with her dagger at its underbelly leaving a long jagged red mark. she grins 'yes! for the first time I hit something first without it hitting me!'

Seld: 17/17

Yureka: 13/13

Dragon 1: 4/8

Dragon 2: 6/8

Seldentar lands, calling out to Shadow.

"Shadow, help Yureka with that one."

He turns to focus on the dragon in front of him. Bringing his sword up, he activates his concentration ability, and swings. Despite his skill, he misses, leaving himself open to a counter attack. Meanwhile, Shadow bites into the other dragon

Seld:16/17

Yureka:13/13

Dragon 1 4/8

Dragon 2 5/8

Yureka takes advantage of the help that Seldentar's familiar gives her deciding to flank the dragon and swings her dagger at its back. unfortunately she missed as it beat its wings and raised up just out of reach and swatted her in the face with its tail. "ow.. " she hisses and glares at the dragon.

Seld:16/17

Yureka:12/13

Dragon 1 4/8

Dragon 2 5/8