[SP-F1] A place I can call home. (Complete)

"Now THIS is a game!" I thought to myself upon finally appearing in the floating castle "Aincrad".

After about an hour of wandering about the town of beginnings, I finally decided it was time to begin grinding some experience. I don't want to be too tenacious, I guess some of those Boars could do; at least until I get a handle of the combat system.

After a brief moment of eyeing the field, I picked a lone boar near some bushes and began my approach.

The boar saw me and charged shortly after. Caught off-guard, the boar had clipped my left leg toppling me over; and nearly impaling me on my shiny new battleaxe. What kind of warrior nearly gets killed by a pig?! I then steadied myself and prepared for another charge. The boar came back around, charging and aiming for the same place it had hit me before; I pulled back my ax and swung with all my might aiming for it's head.

Several charges, ax swings, and one face-plant later, I had killed my first monster in SAO, it felt good.

"This leveling up thing could take a while, that was a tough fight and meager rewards." I thought while attempting to catch my "breath".

Well, might as well get on with it; there's a lot more where that came from. I then picked myself up, surveying the grassy knolls for another potential target. "That one looks as good as any." I think to myself as I single out another rather secluded boar.

So begins the grind.

• 3 weeks later...

Hours pass and experience showers the fortunate Atrax as he slays many Boars in the field.

Huh, my inventory is nearly full of this junk. I wonder how much money I can get for selling it all!

And so I begin my trek to the market district of The Town of Beginnings.

Twenty minutes of walking bring me just past the first row of buildings inside the city, when a blue haze seems to envelop me. Wha-? aaahhh!! I shout as the foreign teleportation process continues.

With a thud, I land in the square amid thousands of other players, we hadn't the slightest idea what horrors would strike us next.

([insert Kayaba Akihiko's speech here])

So that's how it's going to be. I say under my breath when the figure claiming to be Kayaba Akihiko had dissipated. I better get a move on then, if I plan to be out before my dinner gets cold. I say out loud after a few moments of contemplation amidst the chaos in the streets.

I quickly check my map, and begin making my way to some nearby hunting grounds, hoping to find something more rewarding than Boars.

• 2 weeks later...

"Boars, Wolves, none of this stuff seems threatening enough. No doubt it will get harder, but there's no telling how much and when. I don't need to stay ahead of the curve, just not behind it."

Hours spent in the fields yield broken equipment and a sore axe-arm. I think it's time to turn in, it's late and working without end can only ruin myself. I say aloud. I wonder if there are any cheap Inns in the starting city. I ponder for a while.

After nearly 15 minutes of walking about the town, I manage to find an affordable Inn, and decide that tomorrow will yield more loot, and perhaps some insight on this new world.