[PP-F01] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

Spoiler

Matoyasu - Level 1 / HP: 20/20 / EN: 2/2 / DMG: 1 / MIT: 1 / ACC: 0 / EVA: 0 / Search: +1 LD

Name: Iron Dagger
Your Profession: N/A
Your Rank: N/A
ID: N/A
Roll: N/A
Item Type: 
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: +1 DMG
Description: A basic iron dagger with a damage rune placed into the hilt.

Name: Iron Spaulder
Your Profession: N/A
Your Rank: N/A
ID: N/A
Roll: N/A
Item Type: 
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: +1 MIT
Description: An iron spaulder with the rune for mitigation inscribed on the inside.

Battle Ready Slots:  (5) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

After having wandered around the first floor for the past several years, Matoyasu had begun to wonder whether or not he should be actively going out and participating in the quest to beat the game. In the end, he still wasn't all that sure about it. Of course, that didn't exactly mean that he was planning on giving up on anything. With so many people working towards beating the game, he had to do something,r right? Regardless of whatever that answer may be, Matoyasu would come to the decision to at least learn the basics of the game. That should at least help him with staying afloat as time goes on.

Honestly, the longer that he would find himself wandering around the first floor, the thoughts that would go over in his head would begin to grow larger as well. "..how should I go about doing this? I mean, there should be a quest to start off with, right?" Still unsure of what to do, Matoyasu would continue to wander around the Town of Beginnings. Eventually, this would lead to him coming across a small pharmacy of some kind. It had seemed different from some of the other buildings that had surrounded the area, from what he could tell. "..how have I not noticed this until now?" Honestly unsure of how he had never taken notice of this building until now, Matoyasu would proceed to head on inside. 

Edited by Matoyasu

Upon pushing open the door, the ringing of a bell could be head overhead. This would naturally prompt for Matoyasu to look upwards, in search of the bell mechanism. It was true that many shops within the area had one, but this one had seemed different somehow. As though it had a further purpose behind it than just alerting the owner of the shop. He couldn't quite place it, but it had seemed familiar somehow..

Pushing that thought out of his mind, Matoyasu would begin to proceed further into the shop. In doing so, he would come to notice that of an elderly gentleman inside. He seemed to be dealing with vials, containing liquids of various colors. This would naturally lead Matoyasu to believe the man to be an alchemist. And to further Matoyasu's intrigue, it would seem as though the man had a golden exclamation mark hovering above his head. From what he could tell, this was likely a quest NPC. In all honesty, he had never met one until now, so this had all been rather new to him. Oh jeeze.. I guess this is a way to go about starting off my learning.. but what exactly do I do now..?

After having waited for a couple of minutes to pass by, it would seem as though the old man wasn't going to really do anything unless prompted. From what he had seen, the elderly fellow had done nothing more than look between the vials in his hands and around the shop. There wasn't really any way of telling what he had been looking for, and quite honestly, the wait had been driving Matoyasu crazy. He was truly an impatient teen. In an attempt to at least try and accept the quest before giving up and heading on out of the shop, Matoyasu would begin to further approach the man, both of his hands resting on the back of his head. "Do you need help or something..?"

It was than that the elderly fellow would begin to finally respond to him. Whilst looking away from his work and over at Matoyasu, a slight smile would begin to find its way onto his face. "Ah! Yes! Would you be so kind as to-" Almost as though he had completely forgotten something, the elderly man would quiet himself. From there, he would begin to speak once more, this time introducing himself first. "Well hello there young man.. My name is Zackariah. I don't recall ever meeting you before. Would you like to take up the study of alchemy? At least the basics? I assure you, the first few lessons are free!" From there, the golden exclamation mark that had been hovering over Zackariah's head would begin to shift into that of a golden question mark, likely denoting that the quest had now been in progress.

Honestly, Matoyasu had no idea how to respond to the elderly man in front of him. For starters, he hadn't expected to come into this building, only to discover a quest of some kind. There was also the fact that he was now being prompted with learning the basics of alchemy? It was likely that these lessons would assist him, but he still wasn't entirely sure on what to do for this matter. As such, it was only natural that Matoyasu would begin to look down towards the ground, as a sense of awkwardness would wash over him. "Uh.. sure? I suppose that that could work out rather well, right?" It would only take but a minute for Matoyasu to realize that this way likely the correct course of action. Even if it wasn't, it gave him something to do, so at least it was better than nothing. "I mean.. yes. I would love to learn from you Zackariah."

The smile that had been plastered upon Zackariah's face would only begin to grow as he had heard Matoyasu's response. "I am glad to hear it! To start, I am going to need you to head out into the wild and retrieve some materials for me. They will be essential in the crafting process." Matoyasu had been unsure of whether or not to object to this, given how little combat experience he had, but figured that it was best to simply play along with the quest. If he were to run into trouble, he could always try and run away from the situation. It was likely that he would see the trouble coming anyways. After all, that was what he had been training for since he had been logged into the game. Keeping an eye out for any trouble and/or treasures. "..right. I guess that that means that I will have to come back than." Matoyasu would than take his leave of the shop, waving to the old man on his way out. "I'll be back Zackariah."

The fact that he had to head on out and acquire some materials for the lessons was likely something that he had to do for experience, more so than anything. In truth, if it wasn't against the rules of the quest, he would have simply used the materials that he had already had on hand. That was against the rules right? It wasn't until Matoyasu had left the shop and begun to find his way towards the exit of the Town of Beginnings that he would even begin to think about such a thing. And as for that matter, how many materials did he actually need to acquire? Unsure of what the exact details of the quest had been, Matoyasu would begin to let out a soft sigh, whilst dragging two of his fingers downwards. Upon doing so, his menu would begin to open itself up. It would only take a few more drags and clicks until he would find the proper quest log. Being that it was the only quest that he had ever taken on though.. It wasn't exactly a hard find.

Ah..It seems as though I am going to have to fetch five Tier One materials. I suppose that that isn't too bad. 

Now that he had known exactly what it was that he was supposed to do, Matoyasu would continue to head on down the path that would eventually lead him out of the Town of Beginnings. From what he could tell, he was likely going to have to head into the forested region that had been nearby. It was the only place that he could possibly perceive as the wilds, after all. That thought had frightened him, given the likely chance of his imminent death, but he knew that he was going to need to push on past it. Completing this quest was one of the only ways that he was truly going to learn any sort of skill in this game. If he wanted to survive, he was going to need to learn everything that he could. "I guess it's go time."

From that point moving forward, Matoyasu would come to find his way on out of the Town of Beginnings and out onto a field of grass that had resided in between the forested region and the town itself. It wasn't the most welcoming sight, given the fact that the majority of players had gone on to the upper floors, but at least it hadn't been completely empty. Around the fields that had surrounded the area, Matoyasu could spot a few PC's that had been engaging in combat or other activities. This was at least reassuring to him to some extent.

Knowing that he wasn't going to get anywhere from that point, unless he pushed forward, like the rest of these players, Matoyasu would continue on through the field. Don't freak yourself out over nothing, Matoyasu. You can make it through this! You were able to overcome feats far worse than this in other games.. This is a basic fetch quest, so it shouldn't be too stressful. Just take it nice and easy and we'll make it through this. It wasn't all too healthy for him to be speaking with himself in the ways that he had, or even to assume that this was still just a game, albeit one that contained perma-death, but it was the only way that he could continue to make it through the day. It was the only thing keeping him going for this long. Hopefully things would get better for him as time goes on, before he absolutely loses it.

In an attempt to gather the materials that he had needed for this quest, Matoyasu would continue down the path that he had been following. It wasn't long until he would find himself entering the edges of the forested region. Although he hadn't found himself within the depths of the forest yet, he had still figured that it was best to try and look to see if there had been any sort of materials nearby. If anything, it was possible that luck had been on his side. At least, that was what he had been hoping for the case to be. It'll be okay.. As long as the monsters don't find me, everything will be just fine. 

In an attempt to try and find any sort of material nearby that could be useful to him, Matoyasu would begin to gaze about the surrounding area. Almost on key, his Searching Skill would begin to activate, boosting his perception and making it easier for him to find the materials that he had been looking for. At this point, all that he could really do was hope that that would be enough. Thankfully, it would appear as though luck had been on his side today. Just as he had begun to look around, his eyes would fall upon that of a bright purple flower, blooming among those of the green leaves in a tree nearby. That has to be a material. No doubt about it. With that thought in mind, he would further approach the tree and reach down to grab it. After simply plucking it from the ground, the flower would dissipate into code and find its way into his inventory. Just than, a white box would pop up in front of him. Inside of the box had been the word receive' in bold letters and a picture of the flower below it. Just below that would be a green button. Naturally Matoyasu would press the green button and receive the material.

Spoiler

ID: 113643 BD: 8 CD: 12 LD: 15+1=16 MD: 2

+1 Tier One Material

Edited by Matoyasu

Now that Matoyasu had one of the five materials that he was going to require for this quest, he had begun to feel a little better about the quest. The fact that he had managed to find one of the materials so early on in his search had most certainly contributed to that. Well damn. It looks like this is going to be a lot easier than I anticipated. I am so glad that I invested in that Search Skill. Entirely unexpected to even himself, a smile would begin to find its way onto his face. The boost in confidence from his early onset luck was most likely going to be what gets him through this entire quest. Alright. Now it's time to go on ahead and continue the search. With skills like mine, I'm sure that I'll have this bit over in no time!

With that bright smile on his face and the boost of confidence flowing throughout him, Matoyasu would begin to head further into the forested region. Although it was entirely unwarranted, he thought that he was on his way towards becoming an excellent hunter/gatherer. At least, in the aspect of searching for things anyways. He felt as though he was going to breeze through this quest as though it had been nothing! And from what it had looked like thus far, it was close to him being right. After all, whilst continuing on his walk, Matoyasu would come to find yet another one of those glowing purple flowers! This one had been hidden away among the underbrush of the area that he had been walking through. Just as he had done before, with that smile still there, he would reach down and pluck that flower straight from the ground, receiving yet another material. I keep this up and I might just have to go into business for this! I am sure that I could make some pretty good col from selling the materials that I find! I'll have to speak with a merchant about it or something.

Spoiler

ID: 113644 BD: 5 CD: 6 LD: 10+1=11 MD: 3

+1 Tier One Material

Edited by Matoyasu

Naturally, the more lucky that Matoyasu would find himself, the bigger that his head would grow. By the end of this, it was entirely possible that he would be quite full of himself. All that he could hope for in that regard was that that wasn't the case. After all, he had already thought as much in the real world. It might lead to some unintended consequences if he were to find himself that way in this world. Hm.. Honestly, speaking to a merchant about a few things might not be that bad. I mean, hell, I could try and learn from them too, right? I think I have the spunk to be a merchant! Whether or not he was capable of actually fulfilling that thought or not would have to be saved for another time. He was here to seek out materials for a quest; not to expand his thoughts on other matters that weren't entirely important at that point.

Knowing that he had to continue onward, Matoyasu would begin to survey the area around him. He had stopped walking about the area for a brief moment so that he could try and take in what he could see. This was due to the fact that he wasn't too sure what would happen if he had gotten himself lost in the forest. The very thought had been enough to give him the chills. I cannot afford to get lost out here.. Not while I'm alone. Let's just see what I can find and hope there's some more materials nearby.. From there, it would only take but a few moment for Matoyasu to come across another glowing flower. However, instead of being purple, this one had seemed different somehow; almost as though it had been chromatic? Honestly unsure of how to feel about that, Matoyasu would simply continue on with what he had been doing thus far. He would reach down and pluck the flower from the ground. I'll need to be sure to ask about the color thing later.. Hopefully someone can explain that to me.

Spoiler

ID: 113645 BD: 3 CD: 6 LD: 13+1=14 MD: 2
+1 Tier One Material

Edited by Matoyasu

Although he had been enjoying the time that he had been spending out here, entirely due to the fact that he had been so lucky thus far, Matoyasu just wasn't able to shake the thoughts of everyone else. It was unfortunate, but this was just how it was for him sometimes. Unsure of what to do and wondering what the others had been doing, aside from working towards clearing the floors. I hope that everyone else is doing okay.. I check the Monument of Life everyday and it seems as though it is constantly growing.. Hopefully the majority are making it through okay. Matoyasu's mind had constantly been changing from one thought to another, but when it came down to the lives of the others that had been stuck in here with him? He honestly couldn't help but feel a little worried. That worry was almost enough to cause him to head on out there and work towards assisting others, just like the front liners had been doing. If he happened to have that final push, than it was likely that he was going to be able to take that step to do it. However, until something like that were to happen, he would likely be stuck in the same ways that he had been for the past several years. Entirely focused on just keeping himself alive and fed.

Once Matoyasu would finally begin to drag himself away from the random assortment of thoughts, he would do his best to try and return back to the quest that he had set out upon. Already he had been three materials in, which was pretty good, given the short amount of time that he had already been out here. In fact, it had taken longer for him to get out to the forested region than it had been taking him to actively seek out these materials. I guess.. it's back to the grind than. Materials.. Here I come. With that in mind, Matoyasu would continue to search around the immediate area. At first, he couldn't find anything, so he wasn't exactly sure of whether or not there were any that could be seen. It was than that he would come across yet another one of those chromatic glowing flowers. Like before, he would reach down and retrieve the material. One more to go. Than it's back to Old Man Zackariah.

Spoiler

ID: 113646 BD: 2 CD: 3 LD:18+1=19 MD: 3
+1 Tier One Material

Edited by Matoyasu

Knowing that the fetch quest part of this quest had almost been completely resolved, Matoyasu could feel himself beginning to feel a little antsy. He wasn't entirely sure if he had wanted to stop looking for materials. Not with how well he had been doing. However, he had known that it was likely going to be a waste of his time if he were to stick out here for too long. After all, it was entirely possible that this quest had been on some sort of time or something. From what he remembers, he had most certainly overheard someone speaking of a timed quest at one point. Whether it was this one or not had been completely unbeknownst to him. Of course, it wasn't as though that bit had mattered right now. Not with how well he had been tracking down these materials. Alright. One more. That's all I need.

Figuring that he could always come back out here on his own time and search for more materials, Matoyasu would eventually lose that feeling of not wanting to leave. He might not have been the brightest fellow, but he knew well enough that he could come back out here and do this again. The crafters that he knew did it all the time. If they could do it, than so could he! Keeping positive thoughts in mind, Matoyasu would begin to look around the area once more. He had been hoping to find the last material so that he could head back and report his findings to Zackariah, in addition to a possible info broker or something. After all, it wasn't all that often that people really found this many materials in one area, right? Filled with determination, Matoyasu would begin to inspect every inch of the area. He would check high and low, even going as far as to attempt to climb a tree. It was a unsuccessful climb that would lead to him falling on his ass, but one that most certainly helped him. At least, in regards to falling face first into a material that he had inadvertently passed over earlier. Although still in pain, Matoyasu would maintain his smile from before and would than reach down and take the last material that he had needed.

Spoiler

ID: 113647 BD: 1 CD: 7 LD: 18+1=19 MD: 8

+1 Tier One Material

Edited by Matoyasu

Now that Matoyasu had gathered all of the materials that he had needed, he would push himself up from off of the ground and would begin to head back towards the Town of Beginnings. Thankfully, he didn't have to go too far into the forested region. This fact was exactly what would assist him in finding his way back out of the forest at a rather rapid pace. On his way out of the forest, he would come across a group of players that seemed to be doing either the same quest as him or had simply been looking for some materials to pick up on. They would ask him if he had known anywhere that might be of assistance, and as he would normally do, Matoyasu would begin to nod and tell them exactly where he had found the materials that he had just gathered.

The fact that he had been able to assist others had been enough to help him feel a little better about both himself and his situation here. It was strange to have people appreciate his efforts. He wasn't used to this back in the real world, and with his lack of actual companionship out in these parts, it was rather strange for him even here. However, it had been the thought of their appreciation that had given him the strength to continue on with the day. Or at least, the next day. Maybe that's something that I can do to pass my time here.. Try and do at least one good deed a day. I guess I'll just have to see what happens with that. Matoyasu would than begin to nod to himself before heading off towards the Town of Beginnings and Zackariah's shop.

Whilst making his way into Zackariah's shop, the bell overhead would begin to ring once more. Unlike the last time though, upon the ringing of the bell, the elderly apothecary would look up from his work and over towards Matoyasu. The kind smile from before had returned to the apothecarys features as he would begin to set down the vials that he had in hand. "Welcome back young man. Do you happen to have the materials that I requested?" Feeling a little prideful, due to his work, Matoyasu would begin to puff out his chest and approach the elderly man. "You bet your butt I do!" Honestly, after hearing Matoyasu's words, Zackariah would remain quiet for a moment. It was almost as though he had been gauging how to react to the teens words. It wasn't too long after though that the old man would begin to laugh whilst motioning for Matoyasu to come closer. "Well than! Thank you for heading on out into the wilds and bringing them back for me." Zackariah would than begin to extend his hand out towards Matoyasu, clearly looking for the materials that he had been promised.

Figuring that Zackariah had wanted the materials in hand, Matoyasu would open his menu and dig about through his menu. From there, he would retrieve the materials and would than hand them on over to the apothecary. "Here you are, Master Zackariah. I look forward to learning what you have to offer me." Matoyasu would than offer the old man a slight bow, but Zackariah wouldn't react to it. Instead, he would simply begin to place the one of the flowers into that of a mortar, alongside a pestle. From there, Zackariah would hand the mortar and pestle on over to Matoyasu, that kind smile still on his face. "Well young man, I am going to request that you begin to grind the materials together now. Grind them down into a powder."

Edited by Matoyasu

Matoyasu wasn't exactly sure how it was that he was supposed to do what Zackariah had been asking of him. However, he was hoping to do his best, so he figured that he might at least give it a try before asking for help. Awkwardly, Matoyasu would pick up the pestle and begin to grind it against the flower within the mortar. He was sure that there was some kind of technique behind this, but it was certainly not one that he would know how to do right away. Instead of motioning his hand in a circular motion or anything or the sorts, he would just kind of mash the pestle against the flower. Almost as though he had been trying to stab it with the blunt edge. 

Immediately, Zackariah would begin to take note of what Matoyasu had been doing wrong. Not wanting to push the boy more than he needed to, the old man would simply watch over his work and offer a slight insight. "You don't want to stab at it like that. It won't give you the desired effect." Zackariah would than pull out another mortar and pestle before displaying to Matoyasu what exactly it was that he should have been doing. "You want to grind the flower into that of a powder. Not mush it into a paste. Not for what we are attempting to make anyways." Still a little unsure of himself, Matoyasu would take that leap of faith and simply truth the old mans words. As such, he would begin to grind the pestle against the flower. 

Edited by Matoyasu

After a few minutes of grinding the pestle against the flower, Matoyasu would eventually get the desired results that he had been looking for. It was a little upsetting to him that he wasn't capable of getting it done sooner, but he understood the reasoning behind it. It's a good thing that I don't own an alchemy shop or anything like that. My customers would be waiting forever! Not too long after he had finished up his work, Zackariah would come on over and check his work. He would than begin to nod a bit before setting down his own mortar and pestle and returning with a beaker and a bunsen burner of sorts. "You are doing very good young man. Now I am going to have to ask that you place whats in your mortar into the beaker. From there, you will need to fill the beaker with some water. Just make sure that you use the proper amount or you'll have to restart the process." He would than begin to nod before stepping aside and motioning for Matoyasu to come closer so that he may work.

Unfortunately, Matoyasu had still felt a little awkward about this part of the experience. When it came to searching for materials, he had been a pro! However, when it comes down to the actual labor portion of this quest, he seemed to be lacking in both the experience and the guts. "R-right.. I'll be sure to fill it up properly!" He would than begin to nod to to old man before finding his way in front of the beaker. I hope anyways.. From there, all that he really had to do was place the grinds into the beaker. That part was easy and finished up rather quickly. It was the next part that was going to be tricky. Zackariah would offer him a vial that had been filled up to about three fourths of the way full. It was likely that it had been the proper amount, but could it really be all that he needed? Was there something more to this..? Almost as though he could sense the fear that had been coming from the young lad, Zackariah would place a single hand on Matoyasu's shoulder, attempting to calm him. "It's alright. I believe in you." 

Those words in and of themselves were something that he had never heard before. Something entirely foreign to him. However, they had been exactly what he had needed to hear. Feeling a little relieved, due to the elderly alchemists words, Matoyasu would begin to take a deep breath and than get to work. From there, he would poor the liquid into the beaker, taking care to not spill any out of the sides. It was all over before he had even knew it. From what he could tell, he didn't manage to spill any, but it was entirely possible that he had been wrong. Just than, as Matoyasu had been thinking over what had just happened, the liquid would begin to glow for but a moment and would than turn red.

Spoiler

ID: 113676 BD: 10 CD: 6 LD: 6+1=7 MD: 4
Good Quality - Success!

Edited by Matoyasu

Unbeknownst to Matoyasu, the smile on Zackariah's face would begin to grow twice the size as he had been watching the young lad work. Once the potion had been completed and would begin to glow into that red hue, a feeling of bliss would begin to wash over the NPC. It was difficult to explain, but it was almost as though the old man had been proud of Matoyasu. "Shall I inspect it than?" There weren't any words to be had after Zackariah had prompted Matoyasu with that question. Instead, Matoyasu would simply begin to nod, eyeing the potion intently.

After reaching down and plucking the beaker from its base, Zackariah would raise the beaker up into the light. He had been appraising the liquid, checking to see just how successful Matoyasu had been. From there, he would simply continue to smile, whilst turning to face Matoyasu. "You did good! You have managed to accomplish the creation of a Healing Potion. I am proud of you." The more that Zackariah would go on to say things that Matoyasu hadn't heard before, the more tears that would begin to well up within Matoyasu's eyes. He hadn't expected to do good at this bit whatsoever. In fact, he had half expected to fail the first attempt at least. And to have someone tell him that they are proud of him? It was almost too much for him to handle. All that he could really even do to keep himself from crying was to turn away and begin to fake laugh while the tears would begin to die down. "Haha! I knew that I was capable of creating marvelous things!" This was all bravado, but deep down inside, it was also how he had felt. Still, it was rather different for him.

Several moments would pass before the tears would completely fade away and Matoyasu would turn to face Zackariah again. By the time that he had, Zackariah could be seen holding five vials within his grasp. It would appear as though the old man had been fast at work while Matoyasu had been trying to get the tears to go away. "I am sure that you will make a fine alchemist one day. Until than, try and stay safe." He would than hand Matoyasu the health potion that he had created. "Be proud of your work and continue to make great things. And until that day comes, stay healthy with both the potion you made and a few that I managed to whip together for you." Zackariah would than hand Matoyasu four other vials containing health potions. Rather quickly, Matoyasu would begin to place these potions away within his inventory. They were certainly going to come in handy. Especially if he planned on not letting Zackariah down. 

"...thanks old man. I appreciate it. I promise that I'll see what I can do in terms of becoming an alchemist.. but no promises. At the very least, I'll be sure to drop by, okay?" Honestly unsure of if he had wanted to hear what the old man had to say in response, Matoyasu would turn towards the door, ready to head out. Before he could head on out though, Zackariah would speak up, stopping him in his place. "Before you go; I have a favor to ask! Could you please deliver a package for me? It's for a client of mine.. Lyle Tealeaf, a local blacksmith. He shouldn't be too far away." Upon turning around, Matoyasu would take note of Zackariah holding a package within his hands. Figuring that the least he could do for the old man was deliver a package, he would simply begin to nod. "Sure thing Zackariah.. This'll be how I repay you for the lessons.. Thanks again." 

After having finished thanking Zackariah for everything one more time, Matoyasu would take the package from the old man and than head on out into the busy streets of the Town of Beginnings. He wasn't entirely sure of where it was that he had to do to try and finish up this quest for the old man, but thankfully he had a map for such events. After opening up his menu, he would come to find a map that would point its way towards the main objective. The main objective was to simply deliver the package to a local blacksmith, Lyle Tealeaf. It looks like this Lyle guy is pretty close actually. I should be able to get there in no time. I will miss Zackariah though.. once this quest is over and all. I'll have to be sure to visit him from time to time. Maybe retake the quest or something.. It's sad to say, but he's honestly a better dad than my actual father. Matoyasu would than begin to shake his head from side to side before beginning his trek through the streets. He couldn't allow himself to think things like that. After all, this was just a game.

The unfortunate part of this package delivery ordeal had been the fact that the streets had been a bit of a maze, when it came to the NPC's and PC's that had chosen to stick around on the first floor. One would think that he would know every back alley in this area by now. After all, it had been two years since he had been stuck here and he had practically been staying in the Town of Beginnings the whole time. That just wasn't true though. This part of the area was somewhere that he wasn't used to. It was such a large area and he tended to stay in one particular area the whole time. There was no real reason to really have to leave the inn after all. It wasn't like he was going out to take on any quests or fight any monsters or anything. Hopefully he would be able to find his way to the blacksmithy within a decent amount of time. Even with a map, with how crowded the streets had been, it might have taken him a bit.

After traveling for about a half an hour, Matoyasu would finally have made his way through the hectic streets of the Town of Beginnings. The map of the Town of Beginnings had most certainly come in handy when it came down to it. There were different alleyways that he never even knew existed that had helped him make his way around the crowds, despite the fact that half of them were filled with people. And of course, after having traveled for that entire time, when Matoyasu had finally found the building that he had been looking for, a wave of relief would begin to wash over him. This was nearly done and over with. He was almost able to finish up and head on home so that he could get some well needed rest!

Honestly, Matoyasu had been so happy about seeing the smithy that he could smile right now, if it wasn't for the fact that he had been smiling for what seemed like forever at this point. At this point, it was practically fear of breaking his cheek bones that would keep him from doing so any further. At least, for the time being anyways. Regardless of that matter, knowing that things were about to come to an end, Matoyasu would begin to push open the door of the smithy. Upon doing so, just like at Zackariah's workshop, a bell would begin to ring overhead. He had wanted to simply get this out of the way, so he would ignore that tidbit for the moment and simply jump right towards the prime objective of this quest. Deliver the package. "Lyle Tealeaf? My name is Matoyasu and I am here to deliver a package to you."

Although Lyle had been an old man like Zackariah, it would appear as though he had been rather gruff. All that he would really do after hearing Matoyasu's statement was simply call out to him whilst he had continued to pound away at the hot iron on his anvil. "Yeah yeah. Just place the package on the table over here. I'll get to it once I've finished up with what I'm working on. Thanks for dropping it off kid." Seeing no point in arguing with the man, Matoyasu would do exactly that. He would place the package down on the table in front of him. Upon doing so, he would receive a notification box, signifying that he had completed the quest, <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>. Heh.. I suppose that that makes sense. Matoyasu would than begin to let out a stifled yawn as he looks around the shop. The quest rewards would be placed into his inventory and he would begin to turn to head on out.

Just like with Zackariah, before Matoyasu was able to find his way out of the building, Lyle would begin to call out to him once more, stopping him in his tracks. The clanking of iron would cease all together and the elderly man would begin to approach him, a sly smile dawning his features. "Say kid.. Think that you could help me with another matter?" Honestly unsure of what to do in this instance, given how tired he had been from just making it all the way out here, Matoyasu would begin to sigh. He wasn't trying to be rude. He just didn't want to overwork himself. All that he could think at this moment was.. Oh boy.. Here we go again.

Spoiler

Quest Summary

• 20 Posts
  • 1 Complete Page
  • Rewards:
    • 3 SP
    • 400 Col
    • 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
    • 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
    • 1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Edited by Matoyasu