[F2-SP] Symphony's Pet <<Feeding Your Familiar>>

image.jpeg.4f7c4b3553c5068881a0b78c59b56ea4.jpeg

Symphony traveled up to the second floor, a forested area with abundant wild life. It was her first time ever being here, but she was here on a quest: to find a mysterious gypsy. It was said that the gypsy could tame any creature using only her touch. After she had laid even a finger on even the most ravenous beast, it would become as tame as a friendly childhood pup. 

As Symphony navigated her way through the deep woods, she noticed the birds singing in the trees, and the foxes running happily among the deep brush. She could tell it was a friendly place. Very welcoming indeed. As she rounded a bend, she came upon a camp with a large, purple canvas tent and a fire burning out in front of it. Venturing forward, she wondered if anyone was inside, and if so, if they could give her directions to the gypsy. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Symphony called as she drew closer to the tent. 

A female voice responded. "Yes, come in dear. I know what you are here for."

Bewildered but still curious, Symphony drew back the front flap to the tent and went inside. The inside of the tent was cozy and lit by lamp light. There was a small table in the center with two wooden chairs with throw cushions on them. In the seat to the left, a beautiful woman with long black hair and deep blue eyes sat with tarot cards in a neat stack in front of her. 

"Um, excuse me," Symphony said as she entered. "But, how do you know what I am looking for?" 

The woman pointed down to the cards. "The cards, love. They never lie. Now have a seat." She beckoned to the chair opposite her. Symphony did as the woman told and sat herself down in the cushioned chair. It was rather sturdy yet soft to sit on. 

The woman continued, "Now, you are looking for a familiar, yes?" 

Still startled by her strange knowledge on why Symphony was here, Symphony took a second to respond. "Y-yes, ma'am. I take it that you must be the gypsy I've heard about then."

"Ah, yes," the woman said while smiling. "I am the gypsy you seek, and my name is Rhapsody. Now, if you want to catch a familiar . . ." She paused to pull a small bag of what appeared to be tiny meaty treats. "You will need these." She handed the bag to Symphony, who took it carefully. "Once you have found what you are looking for, you will feel a pull towards that creature. Hold out your hand with this food, and once the creature begins to eat, you are officially its keeper." 

Symphony looked down at the small bag, surprised that the process would be so simple. "And that is all?" she asked.

"Yes. Now hurry along now before it gets too dark," Rhapsody said while ushering Symphony to the door. 

And just as quick as she had come in, Symphony left to venture deeper into the forest. 

"Huh, just hold out my hand and the creature will eat..." Symphony muttered to herself. Seemed simple enough, but now she just needed to find a creature to tame. 

Suddenly, she heard some rustling in a pair of bushes nearby. Could that be a familiar attracted to the food? Symphony pulled the small back of treats from her inventory and put some in her hand. "Come her little guy," she called while holding out a handful of treats. 

However, what sprang from the bushes was not some cute little bunny. Instead a beta wolf came forward and leaped over her while snarling. "Woah, there!" she called as she fell on her butt. This was no familiar at all -- it was a hungry beast! Luckily, it was only a beta, a smaller type of wolf, so she could stand a chance against the thing. The wolf stood its ground opposite to her and growled, its head low to the ground. It was eager for a fight. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114280

LD: 11 (fail)

Edited by Symphony

Symphony braced herself and pulled out her shiny dagger. The black hilt glistened against the light coming down from the trees. "Come here, doggy doggy!" she taunted as she charged towards the wolf. Leaping over the beast, she dug her dagger into its lower back and slid it about 3 inches down, pulling it out and landing behind the wolf afterwards. As she was leaping over it, the wolf lunged for one of her legs and barely missed it by only a few centimeters. Once back on the ground, Symphony laughed and teased the wolf. "Oh, this will be a fun game, young one." The wolf's response was only to bare its teeth and howl in anger, becoming more enraged by the second. "Eh, suit yourself then," she said as she braced herself for another round of attacks. 

The wolf's golden-brown coat glistened under the sun as it paced around her, searching for an opening to attack. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114281

BD: 7 (success)

MD: 3 (fail)

Symphony

80/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ 

Beta Wolf

46/50 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by Symphony

Suddenly, the wolf saw an opening and lunged towards Symphony's left side. Symphony quickly reacted and dodged, reaching out her right arm for her own attack. But she was too slow, and the wolf dodged nimbly around her. "Okay, young wolf, you are giving me quite the fun." She smiled. For once, she was actually matched in a fight and felt she had an equal opponent. She also enjoyed the fighting style of the predator. He wasn't as dumb as the normal boars she fought, which always crashed into trees and charged blindly. No, this wolf was smart. He was a pack animal kicked out of his own pack, left to fend for himself. And he had gained a certain air of toughness about him -- one that only came from a long time in the fight for lonely survival. 

Symphony studied the scars on the animals muzzle and back as he paced around her. "You've been through a lot in your short amount of years, haven't you..." she muttered to herself. He was like her in that way. In the real world and even in her short time in this one, she had had to fight for her own survival in the music world and on the streets. She knew how it felt to be alone and like the world was against her. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114282

BD: 2 (fail)

MD: 5 (fail)

Symphony

80/80 HP | 6/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ 

Beta Wolf

46/50 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by Symphony

However, there was no room for pity in this world. She toughened her resolve and gazed into the wolf's eyes. It was her turn to attack first now. Running and dodging around the beast, she continued to do so until the beast grew confused and dizzy. Then she struck across its chest, sinking her blade deeply into the meet in front of its collar bone and upper ribs. She then drew the blade out, the blood dripping onto the ground. 

Of course, the wolf struck back in anger and pain, but he was too slow to get her this time. His muzzle snapped seconds after she had passed. It seemed that she had hit a weak point on him. Panting, the wolf refocused and stared her down, ready to attack. 

"Ah, I've made you angry now, haven't I?" Symphony said to the beast as she put her dagger up in defense. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114283

BD: 6 (success)

MD: 2 

Symphony

80/80 HP | 6/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ 

Beta Wolf

42/50 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by Symphony

The wolf charged and managed to bite into her shoulder. Luckily the tough leather blocked most of the damage, and Symphony only winced out of surprise and reflex. "Feisty one, I see," she said as drew her blade across the right shoulder of the wolf in retaliation. The beast let out as a howl as it felt the blade pierce its hide. It then jumped to the side away from the offending party and licked the cut. Symphony took the time to check her armor as well. It seems the fierce bit had merely dented the armor and made a tiny puncture; nothing too bad. "Hm, I see you're very hungry for this fight as well. I'm glad we're both enthusiastic about it at least." The wolf looked up and glared at the sound of your voice. "Ah, I see. Not too happy with me either. Oh, well," she said as she got into her battle stance again. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114284

BD: 8 

MD: 8

79/80 HP | 6/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ  (health regen 5 per turn afterwards)

Beta Wolf

38/50 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by Symphony

Launching herself forwards, she dashed around the wolf, once again disorienting it. Then she jabbed her dagger into the right side and then the left side of the wolf, piercing deep into its sides. As she drew away, the wolf fell, unable to attack due to the pain of the injuries it had sustained. 

Symphony stopped her dash pattern a few feet in front of the wolf, panting with excitement as she saw the beast jump to its feet once more. "Ha, I nearly got you there didn't I?" she teased the poor beast. "It's a good thing you still have some fight left in you, or I would have gotten bored." She laughed and braced herself. "Now it's your turn young wolf." 

The wolf tensed and bared its teeth at the one who had hurt him. In pain and now limping slightly, the beast lowered its front half to the ground and bent its back legs to prepare for a pounce. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114285

BD: 6 

MD: 5

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target. <--- used this one

80/80 HP | 5/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ  

Beta Wolf

30/50 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by Symphony

Suddenly, Symphony charged at the wolf again, this time surprising the beast with her sudden movements. "Haha!" she yelled as she struck the wolf in its upper back, paralyzing it with a special agent on her blade. As she dodged to the side, the wolf struggled to turn its head to follow her, whimpering as it did so. 

"Ah, not so tough now that you're paralyzed, are you?" The beast let out a squeak of a growl as its vocal chords were nearly completely paralyzed as well. The poor beast remained in the same spot, unable to move. He could only wait for her to attack again. Laughing at the helplessness of the creature's situation, Symphony sat down for a second and retied her boots, teasing the beast. "Not much you can do now. Hm, makes for some fun." Getting up and dusting herself off, she re-positioned her dagger in her right hand and moved towards the beast. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114289

BD: 10(+2 crit)

MD: 7 (negated by paralyze)

Symphony

80/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ | +5 REGEN

Beta Wolf

24/50 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by Symphony

As Symphony moved forward to strike the beast, the paralysis effect wore off and she became surprised as the wolf launched back towards her. Dodging out of the way for her own safety caused Symphony to miss her own strike. "Ah, you tricky thing!" she cursed as she faced the wolf again. The wolf growled and bared its teeth at her once more. 

She paced around the beast, lost in her thoughts for the moment. She was growing tired of this fight as it had been going on much too long for her enjoyment. She made a note to head back in town and find a more powerful weapon once this was all over. These light slashings had not given her the morbid pleasure that she much craved. "Alright, beast. Come on, entertain me," she said while moving her arms dramatically and bowing. This fight has bored me. Show me something, please." She stopped and stared at the beast and then sighed. "No use, I suppose."

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114290

BD: 1

MD: 5

Symphony

Beta Wolf

24/50 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by Symphony

She waited for the wolf to charge, bored of attacking first. Finally, the beast leaped at her chest and bit into it. "Ow!" Though she felt no pain, it was a tad bit uncomfortable and a sensitive area on a woman. She slashed the wolf across the face and knocked it off of her. "Down, you mangy mutt! It seems the men around here are just as bad as dogs." She took a second to laugh at her joke

Meanwhile, the wolf shook itself off and growled back, mad that it had been struck directly in the face over its other scars. 

"Oh, quit your whining, beast. You were only created as fodder for us players. Though I will give you credit," she said while looking down at her chest. "You did get a good bite in there." Her armor was again dented with actual bite marks imprinted in the leather. 

Symphony

79/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ | +5 REGEN

Beta Wolf

20/50 HP | 12 DMG

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114291

BD: 7

MD: (+1 crit)

Edited by Symphony

Yet again, both opponents ran towards each other. However, each managed to dodge separate ways so that both attacks missed. "Gah, come on! This is getting frustrating. Why can't this just be over with?" Symphony complained. She checked the digital watch on her screen. This battle had taken too much time, and for all she knew, her lovely familiar could be getting away while she was fighting this mangy mutt. "Come oooon." She looked at her dagger with frustration. "I wish I was a higher level so that I could do more damage."

The wolf seemed rather impatient about the whole ordeal as well. He pawed at the ground in frustration and got ready to attack again. "Well, if you attack this time, at least be successful," she shouted over to the beast. The wolf howled at her in response. "Yeah, yeah. I know it's taking too long. I already said that." 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114292

BD: 2

MD: 1

Symphony

Beta Wolf

20/50 HP | 12 DMG

Edited by Symphony

The wolf must have understood her complaints as he suddenly launched towards her, throwing her to the ground. He lunged towards her neck, but she put her leather gauntlets up just in time to block the vicious blow. "Woah there, buddy!" she shouted as she kicked the beast off of her. The bite hadn't damaged her much, but it was still too close for comfort. She tried to throw a blow at him, but the lanky wolf leaped out of the way just in time. "Hey, no fair! Get back here. It's my turn to be feisty with you now. Either way, you're gonna end up dying sooner or later." The last bit she mumbled under her breath tiredly. This fight was actually making her feel like she could a nap afterwards. But she knew she had to keep searching once this was all over. Groaning she turned to the wolf for the next round. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114309

BD: 5

MD: 10 (+2 crit)

Symphony

Beta Wolf

20/50 HP | 12 DMG (+2)

Edited by Symphony

Symphony launched into a quick dash, aiming for the wolf's throat. Ready for payback, she lashed out with her knife, but the wolf quickly out-maneuvered her and bit her left leg. "Ouch!" She smacked it across the muzzle to get it to let go. "Okay, play time is over, let go you beast." The wolf kept on a firm grip for a little while longer, thrashing with her leg. The action was more uncomfortable if anything. Finally, with a few more bops on the nose, the beast let go and trotted to a safe distance. "You little trouble maker you..." Symphony complained while looking down at her leg. The best had ripped a hole in her jeans in the left leg. She made a note to patch the clothing up when she got home. "At this point you're going to end up denting or ruining all my nice things, huh?" She looked over at the wolf who seemed to be smiling. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114310

BD: 4

MD: 9 (+1 crit) 

Beta Wolf

20/50 HP | 12 DMG (+1)

Edited by Symphony

"Oh, quit your grinning, you stupid thing!" Symphony yelled at the wolf, growing more frustrated at her failures. She let her anger fuel her, and her eyes darkened as she launched forward all of sudden, quicker than she had before in her last few attacks. Raising her blade, she yelled with frustration as she dug it in between the shoulders of the wolf, paralyzing it with the critical shot. Leaping away, she took in the product of her good attack. "Good, that's what you get for having a good time without me. Now let's see how much longer it takes to kill you." The wolf again tried to move, but was paralyzed stiff, only left to squeak out whimpers. 

"Hey. No whimpering. It doesn't hurt that bad. You're just paralyzed, no big deal. Gives me a few moments to catch my breath, too." And catch her breath she did. Leaning against a tree for a moment, she took out a water canteen from her inventory and took a large drink. "Ah, much better." Sure, she didn't feel real thirst in the game, but it was a kind of placebo in a way for her mood. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114311

BD: 9 (+1 crit)

MD: 4

Symphony

80/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 4 DMG (+1) | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ | +5 REGEN

Beta Wolf (paralyzed)

15/50 HP | 12 DMG 

Edited by Symphony

Getting back up to her feet after her short break, Symphony noticed the paralyzing agent just beginning to wear off. And to make things interesting, it seems the wolf was very very angry from being frozen. It growled and let out a fierce howl before charging straight at Symphony at full speed. Symphony took the hit straight the the chest and then slashed the beast back with her dagger, also hitting him in turn. "Hey, off dumb mutt," she said while kicking the beast farther away from her. "You had your turn, now it's time for another round." She paced around with the wolf and tossed her dagger up and caught it several times as a fun little game while she waited for the beast to attack again. "You remind me why I never liked dogs. Too dependent and demanding." She much preferred cats and was reminded of the one she missed at home named Max. "I hope that poor boy is still okay and alive when I get out of here." 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114316

BD: 7

MD: 9 (+1 crit)

Symphony

79/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ | +5 REGEN

Beta Wolf 

11/50 HP | 12 DMG (+1)

Edited by Symphony

Once again, the wolf charged, and both opponents out-dodged the other. "Ya know, I'm starting to feel like we're way too evenly matched, bud. But you've also reminded me to get something to help with my accuracy when I get back to town. I guess I could thank you for that... and I think I will. With a slash in your neck eventually." Symphony smiled devilishly. Then she began to sing a nursery rhyme that popped into her head as she had nothing better to do while fighting:

"Ring around the rosey,

Pockets full of posey,

Ashes, ashes, we all fall down."

Symphony smiled. It was such a somber childhood rhyme about the black death in Medieval Europe but everyone where she grew up seemed to know it by heart. It was always funny to hear the younger children singing the rhyme without knowing the bloody origins of the song. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 114321

BD: 5

MD: 2

Symphony

80/80 HP | 0/8 EN | 4 DMG | 14 MIT | 9-10 PLYZ | +5 REGEN

Beta Wolf 

11/50 HP | 12 DMG 

Edited by Symphony