[PP - F1] The Beginning << TFFLaF >>

Ragnarok had just offered a smile seeing her response to his question, making sure he had all of the materials he needed to finish the objective he closed his inventory and made his way back out to the main settlement with Symphony. Looking over with a curious look, he smiled hearing her question and he had said out to her looking back forward "Oh that is a easy question to answer, I went out and saw the world. Took in nature, there is a lot to see in this world, and I wont be content not seeing everything my body will let me go see. Seeing the scenery was enough for me to smile, to realize how alive I truly was. And to this day when I can safely I love to go see what Aincrad has to offer when it comes to sight seeing. I can only imagine the world is just so beautiful." he looked back over to her, then refrained from making a comment then saying to her "Is there something you used to do out in the real world yourself to unwind yourself a bit? You may not be a popstar, however I have no doubts you are a hardworking woman or at least have a different story than me. It's wrong to assume that you would be less busy than I."

@Symphony

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Symphony mulled over the question for a little bit before answering. "Hm, yes, I was a hardworking woman. I was a musician for the New York Philharmonic. Was about to accept my position before this all started." She could still hear the classical songs when she wanted to. Her fingers would start to move by themselves to the music, her solos still fresh as ever. "But for fun, I would eat, play video games, and read." She sighed as she thought back to the small library she had back at home. The smell of the pages, the feel of them against her finger tips. They relaxed her. "Also, playing with my cat, Max. He was my best friend and closest companion. I just hope he's okay..." Her voice drifted off for a second. Then she snapped back to her senses and hid her distant expression. "So, did you have any pets back in the real world?" she asked, trying to center the conversation away from herself. She didn't want to reveal too much to someone who was a stranger to her at the beginning of the day. 

@Ragnarok

Ragnarok had listened as she began to go on about what she did as a profession learning she was about to become a musician herself, however she got trapped her before she could. He said out to her "I'm sorry that your chance was ruined to the circumstances to this world, heck I seriously doubt my job will be open to me once I am all recovered when I get out of here. So you aren't alone with losing a job. However... I really hope they just don't let ANYONE in my hospital room..." he sighed "God who knows what majority of them would do to my body.." he then shook his head an the thoughts that came with them. He then placed a hand on her shoulder saying out to her "I am sure your cat is fine sweetheart. If anything, your body was saved and moved to a hospital obviously at this point. They would of gotten your cat into good care as well. Where? I am not sure, however, I am sure he is in a good place waiting for you to return so he can be happy with you again." he offered a kind smile to her. Then he shook his head "As for me, I was too busy of a person to have time for a pet, I had just enough for my ex and that was about it."

@Symphony

Symphony blushed as Ragnarok put his hand on her shoulder. "Well, I'm probably in my bed at home with nurses and doctors that come to see me. My family was quite wealthy due to their lines of work as world famous musicians. Oh, and the job may still be there when I get back." She smiled and looked over at Ragnarok. "I'm one of the best in the world." It was probably strange to hear such a thing come out of her mouth. She looked like your ordinary, average woman. But in fact, she had studied since she was 3 to become a top tier musician. 

She continued. "Sad that you didn't have time for a pet. Max is honestly what helped me relax after hours of practicing. And he could always tell when I was having an anxiety attack. He would put his paws on my shoulder and touch my face to see that I was okay." She giggled. "He was such a good boy."

Ragnarok had chuckled and said "I doubt it that you still home, if you think about it they need a lot of equipment to make sure you are in good health. And they need to be able to give your body enough nutrients to live on a day to day since we cannot feed ourselves." he then shrugged "However that is just me, I am unaware of how the medical system works past that. If i had to guess it could be possible if they brought all the stuff over there and a nurse was hired to be there at all times." he then smiled at her and said "I dunno, I think I have you beat there." he chuckled. He looked forward and said out to her "Don't get me wrong Symphony I actually wanted one. However with the amount of travelling I did it just wasn't possible. I would have very little time, and I used that very little time on the love of my life..." he had sighed "Or... at least when she was alive." they then entered the main settlement as he began to feel a bit down knowing that she was dead.

@Symphony

Symphony could tell that Ragnarok had gone back into his head, deep into his thoughts. She laid a hand on his shoulder. "Hey. I know I can't offer much help for her death... but she would be proud to know that you're still carrying on for her. She would want to see you living your best life." Smiling reassuringly, she led the way to the next area that Ragnarok needed to go to. The potions guy or whoever he was. It had been a while for her. Not too long, but just long enough where she had forgotten the NPC's name. As they walked through town, she waved to the shop keepers and the bakers. 

She started up the conversation again. "Now, we're getting close to the potion's guy for you to turn those materials into a nifty little healing potion. It may take you a few tries, but the whole process should be easy. It's one of the most basic potions of the game." She pulled an apple out of her inventory and began to munch on it while they walked.  

@Ragnarok

Ragnarok had looked over to the hand that was placed onto his shoulder, he just showed a weak smile and said "Thanks, I am sure of it... but I cannot rest my mind till vengeance has been delievered. Until then I bear the curse of her death." he looked back forward and looked rather... angered now. "How the hell am I going to find them... I could get the Searching skill to get the skill to find his name... but that eats up a lot of SP I could be using..." he placed a finger onto his chin in deep thought following behind Symphony as she greeted most of the people around him. Ragnarok had looked up to Symphony then smiled saying to her "Well it is a beginner quest for a reason, however knowing my luck getting here is a breeze but luck might decide to mess with me and eat all the materials I found forcing me to go back to find more." he had chuckled.

@Symphony

Symphony turned around to face Ragnarok while walking backwards, still munching on the apple. "Well," she said between bites, "the guy will still keep giving you materials even if you use all of yours so its all good. He's pretty nice for a beginner quest. But watch out, the next one will kick your butt." She laughed knowingly. Once she had finished the apple, a mischievous look appeared across her face. She smiled slyly and threw the apple core in such a way that it bonked Ragnarok right on his head. She laughed and spoke again, "Lighten up, bud. I see that look on your face. Not everything is about death and doom. I mean look around us." She gestured with open arms around them, turning her head to look at the stalls around them. "Look at all this beauty and wond-" She was cut off as she tripped with walking backwards and fell into the fountain in the center of town. Ah, there's the clumsiness again, she thought to herself as she sputtered out water from her mouth and pushed her hair away. 

Getting out of the fountain, she tried shaking herself off, but she was still wet. Ah well, she thought. At least it is a warm day. Makes things cooler.  

@Ragnarok

Ragnarok had looked over then let out a relieved smile, he was glad that he would help out in the case that the materials that he found would not end up with any form of success. Then with a chuckle he had said out to her "Ah I doubt it, you'd be surprised how lucky I can get at least. Its the end result where I get pretty unlucky." then he looked back forward to think about how he was to find everyone that subjected her ex through all that torment. After a moment he looked over to see Symphony go on to cheer up, he smiled and said to her "Besides the fact we are trapped in a world where one mistake could lead toward a death sure." then said as she had been about to walk in a fountain "Uh, I wouldn't keep walki-" before he could finish his warning he watched her fall into the fountain. With a chuckled he had smiled as she had done something funny, however he had offered a hand over to Symphony and said to her "Excuse me sweetheart, but fountains are public baths."

@Symphony 

Symphony took Ragnarok's hand while getting out of the fountain and thanked him. Then she just shrugged and said, "I guess it can't be helped. Let's get over to your next destination. The sooner we finish the sooner I can change haha." At this point, Symphony was still wet and was dripping water on the cobblestone street through town. "Meh, at least I feel cool in this heat." 

She began to lead the way again to the shopkeeper's place, looking at the signs to make sure she was going the right way. When they approached the right place, she motioned to Ragnarok to follow her and then walked up some steps to a little shop with an alchemist sign above it. She held the door open for Ragnarok and allowed him to enter first. She would just wait patiently to the side while he tried crafting potions. Best she not interfere so that he could properly concentrate. "Give it a shot now. And don't be scared. Remember: you have unlimited chances."

Ragnarok had pulled on her hand as she had accepted it then laughed with her and said "Sure thing sweetheart. Even though you can just go into your inventory and equip other stuff there to change you know." After a moment they had arrived on the store, Ragnarok had looked back at Symphony and said out to her as she held the door open for him "Thank you." then walking up to the NPC he explained he had got all the materials he had asked of him now it was just time for him to try to make a healing potion. With a deep breath he had picked up some of the things he needed to use to make the potion and he made a attempt to make one...

... after one attempt he had brought back the potion to the NPC he though he did just well enough, Zackariah had opened his eyes wide and said out "Well I be damned! You're a real natural at this! Its flawless!" Ragnarok just stood there and blinked a few times confused "It has... nothing wrong with it?"

ID: 115436 - CD: 12 @Symphony

While Ragnarok was busy crafting, Symphony decided to change into the only set of spare clothes she had: a grey tank top and short denim shorts. It was a set for casual wear since it had no defense properties or practical use outside of the safe zones. As she turned her attention back towards Rag, she noticed that he had already finished creating a potion. She walked up beside him and looked at the flawless potion. "Wow! Very good job," she praised while patting him on the back. "You seem to be a natural at this. In fact, you finished this whole quest much quicker than I did. Huh." She took a second to look over the materials and final product again. He was very lucky in deed. Hopefully, his second quest would go just as smoothly and quickly as this one. 

Once she had finished looking everything over, she asked, "Now what's next? What would you like to do?"

@Ragnarok

Ragnarok had looked over to Symphony which had been praising him for the success he had perfomed then said "Well either I am lucky or I am just that good~" he had chuckled. After things were said and done, he completed the quest... however Zackariah had gained his attention once more to help him deliver a package giving him another beginner quest. Ragnarok had sighed in this quest just chaining together instead of being something you find, however he accepted the quest to continue. He had looked over to her and said out "Well I got another quest to get to, or at least a couple more. If you don't mind would be so nice to accompany me through these? I don't really want to be alone in doing these quests." he had placed a hand behind his head and nervously chuckled a little bit.

@Symphony

Symphony smiled and nodded her head, "Yeah! I can join you on the next one. Besides, I never finished that quest myself, so we'll both be able to complete it together." Though she knew she was way overpowered for the quest at her level, she knew she was still low enough to reap the benefits of completing it. 

She focused her attention back to the task at hand. "Though, it is getting late, so I think we should head to bed before the next quest. We can always start the next one early tomorrow. How does that sound?" She was also getting hungry and wanted to go back to the tavern so that she could eat and rest. At that same moment, her stomach rumbled hungrily. "Oh, haha," she laughed. "And I could also go for some food right now." She wondered what Ragnarok would be doing for dinner and a place to sleep tonight. It wasn't likely that he had a house to himself or anything of the sort since he was still a beginner level. 

@Ragnarok

Ragnarok had blinked a few times looking at her saying "You never finished it either? Huh..." he thought for a moment then shook his head then saying "Well I would love to help you with the quest." he bowed before her in a kind gesture. Then after a moment she stated out it was getting late, Rag couldn't believe it then looked out into the sky seeing the sun setting down, Ragnarok had blinked a few times then said "Huh.. it really is getting late.. spent a lot of time out today huh?" he chuckled then said with a smile "But sure, that sounds great. However, for the most part I have been camping out saving some the Col that I have for when I need it. Can't remember the last time I really ate anything personally..." he chuckled nervously then said out "But uh, you wanna go grab a bite to eat or somethin' get to talk to each other a bit more?" he offered to her.

@Symphony

Symphony frowned when she heard that Ragnarok hadn't been staying in a proper room. And frowned even more when he said he hadn't eaten. I swear. Men never take care of themselves, she thought to herself as she sighed. "Alright, well the tavern I rent above has great food. Let's head over there and get you something good to eat." 

She led the way towards the first floor tavern and sat down at the bar in front of the barkeep. She smiled and waved to the man while motioning for Ragnarok to take a seat beside her. For herself, she ordered a light ale and a plate of seasoned chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy. She then turned to Ragnarok and said, "You can have whatever you want. I'll pay since I know how hard it is when first starting off. Finding col gets easier the more you level and quest though. I promise." She laughed and smiled. 

@Ragnarok

Rag had blinked a few times when she had sighed then said out "Uh, okay. I will follow behind you then." he then followed up behind her into the tavern then sat down next to her looking up to the man that was the bartender. After a moment he had opened his eyes a little wide then looked at the menu that they had served and looked through it had been such a long time since he had other stuff other than the free food people offer to the low levels like bread and apples. So his palette had been gone for more than a bit of time. Before he knew it, it was a minute before he said "Uh... I don't know. I've forgotten how things tasted so... kinda forgot what I liked. Maybe... this?" he pointed to a salmon dish that had been on it that wasn't too bad in cost. After a moment he looked back to Symphony then said with a smile looking back forward "So, thank you again for your help and accompanying me tonight as well. While I don't really have a roof to go to tonight, but I do appreciate the meal and company."

@Symphony

Symphony smiled and nodded at what Rag had chosen to eat. A nice and healthy meal indeed. Hopefully it would get his tastebuds back up and working as well. Symphony motioned towards the barkeep and told him the order, and the man went to go and prepare the meal. "Don't worry. The food here is wonderful. Probably one of the best places to eat in all of the Tier 1 floors funny enough." She took a sip of her nice cold water and sighed happily. "Though you not having a roof is a bit concerning..." She thought over the matter for a moment. There were several other taverns in the city with reasonable rates. Surely there would be a safe place for a beginner to stay with a proper roof. "Hm... well this tavern always has reasonable rates. 10 col for one night isn't too bad. And there are other taverns in town with lower rates, though they are not as nice. But still, anything is better than sleeping on the hard ground." She couldn't help but feel sorry for Rag. The poor man had been roughing it for a while. 

@Ragnarok

Ragnarok had looked over and smiled nodding his head saying out to her "Well, thank you for bringing me here then Symphony I really appreciate it." he looked down at his cup of water then took a drink from it listening to her next words. He had sighed and said "Well I have had very little sleep since her kidnapping then death, to a point I had been going to information broker to information broker to find anything I can since they travel out at night. But, I haven't been getting a ounce from them. All I can get is very little information they know about the name and names associated with them." He looked down at his glass of water then gripped it again saying "I don't deserve sleep till I know her soul can rest easy and well. Until then her soul will tormented." he growled at himself. However he had looked away from her then said "Sorry I went a little off again, surely doesn't help your concerns only worsens them I presume."

@Symphony

Symphony’s face grew more serious as she heard him speak. “I know it hurts, but you shouldn’t let the pain nor her murderers consume you. If you let hate take control, it will consume you and rule you. Then you will be nothing but your hatred. An empty shell of a human with only one reason to go on. And then when your mission has been accomplished, you will be just a husk with nothing else to look forward to.” She grew quiet for a moment and took a sip of her water. She looked over at Rag and then apologized. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make things to serious, but you really shouldn’t focus on just one thing.” She patted him on the back reassuringly. Their food arrived shortly thereafter and she happily dug into her dish. Every bite tasted amazing and she sighed happily, enjoying herself. “Nothing is as delicious as a well made meal after a long day.”

@Ragnarok