[F1-PP] To get to work once more. <<TSLIAF>>

Once entering into the shop of lyle he hands him the package given to him by Zachariah as he gazes towards the man and then hears the next request that he will have to go out and kill some boar pups for the fact they can drop some tusks. 'Well thankfully i have somebody for this now. This would've taken way to long on my own unless i utilized a immolation potion. I probably should've just done that and just searched for mats the entire time to make a living while also utilizing the things i can buy from myself.' He thinks calmly to himself in a slight realization still  wearing his LD gear with the exception of a slight mitigation armor encase he does get jumped by something while his bodyguard is busy. Now than Alec seems you were right about the combat portion being next, so no time like the present as they like to say. The man known as Dagger says with a grin across his face as he makes his way out of the shop.

Spoiler

Dagger: 140/140 HP  14/14 ENG DMG: 3  MIT: 9  EVA: 1

Green apparition [Light Armor]: 1 MIT, 1 Eva[Equipped]
Cloak's Symbol: +3 LD  (Trinket that is the shape of Dagger's shop's symbol.) [Equipped]
Boar's Pride [Light Armor]: 1xMIT 1xLM [Equipped]

@Alec

Alec glances to his new found companion Dagger as finishes his conversation with the quest giver and departs the shop of Lyle the Blacksmith. " Yes. We'll need to loot some Tusks from some Boar Pups in the grasslands. It'll be no problem." Alec replies in his deep baritone rumble. "Just let me know if you'd prefer to engage in combat or stay back and search for Materials or valuables. Either way is fine it's just a matter of what gear I equip as you of all people should know I've found a few VERY useful items." Alec continues as he shoots the Merchant one of the rare half smiles he has for this virtual world and this within it. " So please just let me know which avenue you'd prefer as both are no problem with the new skill I've picked up and some of my new items." the larger man offers as the pair make their way through the streets of the Town of Beginnings with Humphrey trailing along beside the two men.

@Dagger

Edited by Alec

I think i'll stay out of the combat if i can Alec i'm not much of a fighter really, and only really participate when i am forced to by the game. Otherwise i'm much more comfortable letting somebody do that for me as i do what i do best and find materials for crafting or selling on my end. Though i should probably think of investing at some point some points into my axe if i want to be mass producing uniques for some people. Since apparently yourself or myself are getting rather lucky with what we are getting in terms of gear that gets identified when you bring it into my shop. The merchant says with a chuckle remembering quite well the heavy armor and trinket that had been identified by him, but found by the man at his side.  Still finding it rather funny since while they might've been the same enchantment at the end of the day having two uniques that don't need to be changed ever in terms of gear choices in tiers is quite the boon.

Alec shared one of his few genuine rare smiles with the man as they travelled though the streets if the Town of Beginnings at the knowledge of what the pair had found and identified between the two of them. It really was quiet remarkable from the limited knowledge Alec had on the entire situation . So Dagger would be prefer to stay out if the fight that was fine as Alec opened his inventory and began to scroll through his items. He chose his Mithril Battle Axe to equip. Next he chose his Shield of the Thunderhearts to equip and finally he chose to stick to his tried and true Heavy Armor of choice and selected his Adamantine Pauldron. Satisfied with his choices he nodded and continued to follow Dagger through the streets of the Town of Beginnings on their way to the Northern Gate and the grasslands beyond and their adventures to come.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  420/420 / EN:  42/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Mithril Battle AxeAccuracy (2) / Dam (1)

Shield of the ThunderheartsMitigation, Thorns, Paralyze

Adamantine PauldronsMIT II, Recovery I

Once they enter the great field just outside the town of beginning he quickly scans his eyes along the field in the hopes of finding a material spot right off the bat but it seems that luck wasn't with him this day as he just nods at that with acceptance for such a thing. So than Alec if you don't mind myself asking where did you manage to find that trinket and armor of yours? They were rather great catches obviously, and if i can get lucky enough to maybe get a thing or two from those sources myself to see if i can identify something up for you, or one of my other customers in the future you know? He says kindly towards the man with a light hearted chuckled before focusing back upon the path and starts to make his way deeper into the field where the boar pups are meant to be spawning to fight against.

#115442 LD:6+3=9+2=11 no mats

Edited by Dagger

"Well." Alec answers Dagger in his deep baritone rumble of a voice. "The Heavy Armor that turned out to be very special and the One Handed Battle Axe I brought you were from the new Easter Event that just came out. I tracked down a crazed bunny here on the First Floor named Furry, Fluffy Avenger and killed it on my own. It also dropped a special item that allows you to change the type of item something is. Like from one weapon or armor type to another. I could tank it for you if you'd like. It wasn't terribly tough. The trinket I brought you was from a Treasure Chest I found hidden in the countryside." I've found several chests so far but two of those were actually fairly tough monsters hidden as Treasure Chests that got the jump on me. They're indistinguishable from a real Treasure Chest until you touch it then they go berserk and start attacking you." Alec says as he scans the grasslands for spawning Boat Pups or any other monsters.

Edited by Alec

A item that allows you to change item type, and a boss that allows you to have that if you kill it. Seems like i might have a lot on my plate if i want to get something good out of that then. Though if you could tank for me i would appreciate that a lot mister Alec since it'd be quite a help for myself if i could get that treasure chest. The hazel eyed man says in a cheerful tone of voice with a grin upon his face as he scans the fields quickly once more for a item or something to be used as material for his own uses. What those will be he is uncertain, but in the end the use of having lots of mats to pay for something from a crafter will come in handy. Though that is his hope for such things as he picks up another material for him to use as he stores it within his inventory while gazing towards Alec and gives him a nod of his head. Well i guess now is good as time as any to start getting tusks while i continue to search for mats.

#115455 LD:16+5=21

Edited by Dagger

"Sure." Alec replied in his deep baritone rumbling voice. "Humphrey and I managed the Event Boss on our own shouldn't be a problem if you picked up the quest and I tagged along and kept its attention for you." Alec replied as he heard a rustling coming from over the next rise in the grass and held up a hand to Dagger as he pointed in the direction if the sound pulling his Mithril Battle Axe free if the loop at his hip and raising it up over his shoulder as he brought his Shield of the Thunderhearts up before him and advanced on the sound. As he approached the rise of the small hill he spotted three Boar Pups grazing on the grasses just below him.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  420/420 / EN:  42/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Boar Pup 1: HP: 5/5

Damage: 3 (does not gain bonus damage on Criticals)
Boars drop Tusks on LD 11+

Boar Pup 2: HP: 5/5

Boar Pup 3: HP: 5/5

Alec called upon the energy to power a Sword Art and felt the energy rush into him causing his axe to glow as he jumped down amidst the Boar Pups. As he swung his Mithril Battle Axe in a wide arc the energy splashed harmlessly above the first Boar Pup but slammed into the other two destroying them in an explosion of red pixels. The sole remaining Boar Pup squealed and charged at Alec slamming into his shield and jarring his shoulder slightly as his shield began to hum before SNAP it arced out a charge if static electricity which caused the last Boar Pup to waver add shake before it too exploded in a shower of red pixels.

Spoiler

Roll: 115456

BD: 1 (Critical Fail)

CD: 6 (+ 1 EN Regenerated)

MD:7 (Success) 3 - 44 = 1 DMG (Thorns Activates 9 Unmitigated DMG) - DEAD

Roll: 115457

BD: 8 (Success) 5 * 2 = 10 DMG

MD: 5 - DEAD

Roll: 115458

MD: 4 + 2 = 6 (Success) 5 * 2 = 10 DMG

BD:4 - DEAD

Spoiler

Roll:115459

LD: 8 (Nothing)

Roll: 115460

LD: 9 (Nothing)

Roll: 115461

LD: 2 (Nothing)

All three Boar Pups had been defeated but nothing was left as Alec looked around himself for any of Dagger's quest loot. Alec looked to the other man and frowned shaking his head.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  419/420 / EN:  36/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

+ 1 EN Regenerated

Humphrey - Ready

Boar Pup 1: HP: 0/5 - DEAD

Boar Pup 2: HP: 0/5 - DEAD

Boar Pup 3: HP: 0/5 - DEAD

Edited by Alec

Picking up another material that was close to it he grins at now having two more mats to add to his collection which improves already for having a total of three new mats in the day. Which could be better, but that requires for him to get the gatherer skill after searching. 'And than lock picking. Than i can move onto being combat oriented i guess since after that everything will be just fine.' He thinks to himself calmly as he looks back towards Alec and gives him a nod of his head and a quick little dismissive wave at seeing him look disappointed about not getting anything seemingly. Don't worry about it it was just one batch of baby boars. There are plenty more that the game will spawn soon enough. Good thigns happen to those who wait after all. He says towards the larger man before focusing back upon his task letting the topic of the easter boss hang in his mind as a option to undertake. Even if it'll require him to find a way to help out in some extent.

#115463 LD:14+3+2=19

(2 mats total)

Post info-
look around the field for mats
Wave off Alec saying its fine that nothing happened "good thigns comes to thsoe who wait."
Commment on Event boss must be either weak or ALec strong if he solo'd it.

Edited by Dagger

Seeing the other man nod to his comments then wave dismissively at him Aleve turns his attention back to observing their surroundings and trying to spot more Boar Pups in the area. Obviously Dagger has more important things on his mind than Alec so the larger man walk off a shirt distance away looking for more Boar Pups in their immediate vicinity. Aleve quickly spots another group of them and steps between the and Dagger as he raised his shield before himself and brings his axe up over his shoulder to seeing down at the first Boar Pup to approach.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  419/420 / EN:  38/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

+ 1 EN Regenerated

Humphrey - Ready

Boar Pup 1: HP: 5/5

Boar Pup 2: HP: 5/5

Boar Pup 3: HP: 5/5

Alec steps into the midst of the Boar Pups swinging his Mithril Battle Axe down at the first and preparing for their attacks.

Spoiler

Roll: 115465

BD: 9 (Critical + 1) 5 + 1 = 6 DMG - (Crit Hit - Paralyze Activates)

CD: 8 (+ 1 EN Regenerated)

MD: 1 - DEAD

Roll: 115467

MD: 3 (Fail)

Roll: 115470

MD: 1 (Critical Fail)

Alec swings his Mithril Battle Axe down at the first of the Boar Pups and as his mirrored axe head passed clean through the Boar Pup his shield begins a deep hum that ends with a loud CRACK as it arcs into the wavering form of the Boar Pup that exploded in two showers of red pixels. The second Boar Pup charges Alec but he maneuvers his shield to block its charge. As the last Boar Pup charges in Alec calmly smashes huso shield against it sending the Boar Pup sprawling and tumbling along  the ground away from him.

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP:  419/420 / EN:  37/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

+ 1 EN Regenerated

Humphrey - Ready

Damage: 3

Spoiler

Roll: 115471

LD: 18 (Boar Pup Tusk)

Edited by Alec

Looking along the field he spots no materials to speak of this time around which is perfectly fine to him since in the end he can just relax and enjoy the day for what it brings. As long as he can avoid doing the combat that this game wants to force upon others that is a day well spent to him. Gazing around through the fields he thinks upon the nature of that Easter event that was brought up to turn a holiday that is usually meant for bringing people together to insert combat into it was quite strange. Unless that is the nature of these video games to try and spice their game up with stronger mobs and better drops for people to enjoy and in this case try to survive with whatever that they get from such things. 'Though if there is a chest in every Easter thing sounds like i'll be keeping myself busy with requests. ' He thinks to himself calmly with a grin across his face.

#115472 LD:2+5=7

Edited by Dagger
Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP 419/420 / EN:  39/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

+ 1 EN Regenerated

Humphrey - Ready

+ Boar Pup Tusk Dropped +

Alec squares off against the two remaining Boar Pups as he keeps himself between them and Dagger. As the leading Boar Pup charges Alec raises his Mithril Battle Axe high up over his shoulder and swings down his mirror finished axe head slicing clean through the Boar Pup as his shield begins its deep humming again which ends in a loud CRACK as it again arcs out into the Boar Pup halves as both exploded in a shower of red pixels that rained down. The second Boar Pup charges Alec ad he lowers his shield and meets the charge head in. The impact of the Boar Pup causes a minor bruise on Alec's forearm but as the Boar Pup slams into his shield it behind to hum then SNAP it arcs out shocking the Boar Pup with a stored up charge if static electricity that surges through the Boar Pup causing its form to shake and convulse before it too explodes in a shower if red pixels that fly into the air.

Spoiler

Roll: 115474

BD: 9 (Critical + 1) 5 + 1 = 6 DMG (Crit Hit - Paralyze Activates)

CD: 2 (No EN Regenerated)

MD: 7 - DEAD

Roll: 115475

MD: 7 (Success) 3 - 44 = 1 DMG (Thorns Activates 9 Unmitigated DMG)

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 21 / HP 418/420 / EN:  38/42 / DMG:  5 / MIT:  44 / ACC: 2 / EVA: 0

Humphrey - Ready

Boar Pup 2: HP: 0/5

Boar Pup 3: HP: 0/5

+ Boat Pup Tusk Dropped +

Spoiler

Roll: 115480

LD: 14 (Boar Pup Tusk drops)

Roll: 115483

LD: 15 (Boar Pup Tusk drops)

Edited by Alec

Glancing towards Alec he sees three tusks around his form as he nods his head and takes the three tusks if they get offered towards him as Dagger grins and just nods towards the large musuclar man. Nice job Alec that was rather quick and swift work in all honesty those pups didn't stand much of a chance against you seemingly. Dagger says with a light hearted chuckle since that was done faster than expected from at least his perspective. Which means at the minimum it puts them back on schedule in terms of what they can get done for the other quests. Gazing around the field he lets his eyes wander with the search skill active to try and find another batch of materials to pick up for him to have at his disposal. The materials being counted out quickly to remind him of the amount of what this day's current net total will be.

#115492 LD;15+5=20 3 mats

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

As the last of the Boar Pups explodes in a shower of red pixels that rains down Alec looks down at the three Boar Pup Tusks lying in the ground. "Well I believe these are what you're looking for." Alec says to Dagger in a deep baritone rumble as he glances over at the other man. Offering the quest items to him. "What should we do now? That's enough to complete your quest I believe. I've heard there are some people who collect extra quest items for sale to Players who'd rather not venture out into the wilds. Are you one of those such people? If so I can look for some more Boar Pups. Otherwise I can continue to watch your back as you search for and harvest more Tier 1 Materials. It's up to you just let me know what you need me to do." Alec continues as he looks to the other man for a suggestion as to his intentions.

@Dagger

Why don't we test our luck no? Lets see if we can get some nice loot from one of those mobs of yours that can drop all that nice unidentified gear if we can get lucky with that from one of these mobs. He suggests towards the tank before glancing around the field once more for materials that can be of use to him when hearing the option of getting some more quest mob loot for some money. While it does sound viable it most certainly won't be as of yet for himself in his eyes. The first lessons being something that while he would love to make a profit on it is much more viable to profit off the tier one crowd as a whole with uniques that he can get. As much as i enjoy the idea of helping some people out it is much more important to force people to do these quests. They are the essentials after all Alec in terms of learning how this game functions. If people skipped these and didn't learn from something else than they'll only end up dead.

#115495 LD:4+5=9

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

Alec kept his eyes peeled scanning their surroundings both near and far looking for any tell tale signs of hostile movements that might be approaching them but so far Alec saw no signs of mobs either near or far to concern him. "I could hunt down some more mobs if you'd like." Alex offers in his deep baritone rumble. "It's been a while since I've gotten any drops from them though. I don't really know how this while game works but I think I'm too high of a level to trigger the monsters to drop any items. Last item I got dropped other than one of the Mimics pretending to be a very realistic and convincing Treasure Chest was when I was on the Fourth Floor doing a quest there. I think it night be level dependant and the developers way of pushing Players to new levels. If they want the chance for items to drop they need to move up in floors. But who knows it could just be rotten luck on my part. You said you did some Psychology in relation to games too I thought. What do you think about the whole Level vs Floor equals Loot theory of mine? An I on to something or way off?" Alec asked Dagger as he continued to scan their surroundings for hostile monsters or other Players.

@Dagger

He chuckles a bit at the man's inquiry since while it certainly makes sense for the thought pattern or idea to merge the application is slightly different in the end however the correlation was there if what had been said is true. 'Even if correlation doesn't mean exact causation as he said the game's random algorithm could've had something to do with this.' He thinks calmly to himself as he lets his mind get lost in thought as he goes through each of the various conditions and things he had heard during hsi time within this game to figure out if their are some variables missing from the equation. After some thought he shakes his head as he passes a glance towards the larger man. After some time thinking i think that it is safe to say that your hypothesis has some ground to stand on mister Alec. A little question though how many times have you tried on other floors by the way? He asks the man curiously.

#115531 LD:3+5=8

Edited by Dagger

"Well." Alec begins in his deep baritone. "When I started out the tutorial quests it seemed monsters dropped items, coin and Materials every time they were defeated. Then they stopped as my level increased. I did all the quests I could find on here on the First Floor and after in initial few no more monsters dropped anything unless they were quest based creatures. The same happened on the Second Floor as well. Finally when I reached the Fourth Floor I found a creature that dropped some coin when I killed it. So that's the only reason I can think of that would be the cause for this. The one caveat to this whole idea is Treasure Chests. I've found a few hidden between this floor and the Fourth Floor. Those always drop coins, equipment or Materials whether they're an actual chest or a very cleverly disguised monster and unfortunately the only way I've found out so far to figure that out is grab the top and open it. If it's a Treasure Chest there's prizes inside if it's a monster it tries to eat you and you have to kill it then it drops its "Loot". Alec finishes as he glances over at the other man from his vigilant scanning of their surroundings.

Nodding his head at hearing this he keeps that in mind that while they can't benefit in terms of commercializing attempts at more uniques through mass killing of mobs that in the end they can at least continue forward with at least gathering more materials. Well in the meantime lets give some looks around here to see if we spot such a treasure chest or materials to use in crafting. This way we can try to have materials to buy things we need from a cook or such when we need it for future quests, or to use the materials we have to sell them off towards other people. Maybe in the manner of even charity work/drive type of thing gather large amounts of mats to than give them to players in need. It'll definitely at least help spread the good name of my shop around, and for yourself could help you meet some other players you can work alongside with. He suggests towards the larger man with a grin across his face before scanning the field for anything at all. After a quick scan though he sadly finds nothing, but at least still has 3 materials gained from when Alec was fighting mobs.

#115596 LD:7+5=12

@Alec

Edited by Dagger

Alec nods to Dagger's suggestion. "Personally I think I'm less than fifty percent on my chances of finding Treasure Chests do if you have done gear that could boost those chances by all means I'll defer to your skill. From what I've seen so far you have a much keener eye than mine when it comes to spotting usable Materials. It took me forever to complete that first Tutorial quest. But if you should spawn a Mimic instead of a real chest fear not I'll make sure it pays attention to me and not you." With that Alec begins to search the surrounding area for useful Materials while keeping a keen eye out for any monsters or aggressive Players in their area.

Spoiler

Roll: 115597

LD: 7 (Fail)

As he expected Alec's search of the surrounding area produced nothing if use so he went back to scanning their surroundings for any possible threats that nay be lurking in their immediate vicinity or trying to sneak up on them from afar.

@Dagger

Edited by Alec